Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 20th May 2020, 20:52   #46
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Hyundai Aura : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I am closely following the TSi thread and it got me interested despite car being vintage.
Good point actually! I had earlier seen the price of the new GT and assumed it to be well over the Nios, but taking a closer look at the Highline Plus now, it is indeed a better option.

That said - real competition to the Polo 1.0 TSi will be the new i20 Turbo. It will surely receive the new TGDi engine, though the state of tune (100ps or 120ps) remains to be seen. The chassis and suspension could see a good improvement too - as the car is also going to spawn a 200hp N version to be a Fiesta ST competitor as well.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st May 2020, 10:58   #47
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, guys for an awesome review.

So, the Xcent will be fleet-only vehicle and Aura will take place of Xcent. It looks like a sensible move. Aura looks like a better car than Xcent in every aspect. The front of the Aura remains identical to the Grand i10 Nios. And when you walk to the rear, you are shocked. It seems the designer didn't want this car to be called Nios with boot and to do that they just made the rear ugly.

Hyundai aims to offer stiff competition to the other compact sedans, namely the Maruti Suzuki Dzire and the Honda Amaze. Is it possible? Let's see!!
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2020, 13:06   #48
AZT
BHPian

5 Star Review.

A Good Car caught up in Bad Timing. Could have definitely taken some market share from the Dzire, let's see what the post Covid numbers look like.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2020, 13:28   #49

Excellent and detailed review as always! Rated 5 stars

I am a newbie to this community and this is officially my first post. So kindly bear with me. I apologize for any mistakes done.

When Hyundai launched the current generation santro two years back, Maruti did a smart move by launching the Wagonr with their peppy 1.2 k series engine. Now its time for Hyundai to hit back with their turbo GDI engines on their cars, although its a different segment. I am sure that the demand for these engines are going to increase in the future.

But as Hyundai improves their engines, their designs have become weirder. The last generation of Hyundai cars had better designs when comparing to current generation. Its all about straight lines and cuts added with weird Led light strip running through the bonnet and boot! A look at the 2020 Hyundai Sonata will prove this . Some might like it, but I prefer clean and subtle designs which are timeless.

When we talk about the design of Aura, its not that weird when comparing to Creta. But I feel it would have looked better with two changes. One is the chrome strip on the boot lid and other is the blackened c pillar. Without these two, it would have been more visually appealing.

I have edited few pictures from the team bhp review.They are attached below.

Side profile with body coloured C pillar
Name:  PicsArt_052211.12.39.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  172.6 KB

Rear profle without the chrome strip
Name:  PicsArt_052211.35.24.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  116.4 KB

I will be happy to hear about your views.

Thanks
Nandan_96 is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 18:35   #50

Is it possible to tune the engine from the Aura/nios to produce the output it does in the venue (118hp)?
Old 24th May 2020, 20:32   #51

Excellent review as always!! Rated five stars!!
I used to own a grand i10 petrol and the downsides of an otherwise excellent package were the driving dynamics and that under-powered and thirsty engine.
Looks like Hyundai has managed to sort out most of those shortcomings.
I'd definitely consider a Hyundai as my next purchase.
anshuman_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 22:47   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandan_96 View Post
I have edited few pictures from the team bhp review.They are attached below.

I will be happy to hear about your views.

Thanks
The side profile looks way better in your edit. But I guess there is no redemption for that ugly boot.

Most Viewed