Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2020, 20:52   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyundai Aura : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I am closely following the TSi thread and it got me interested despite car being vintage.
Good point actually! I had earlier seen the price of the new GT and assumed it to be well over the Nios, but taking a closer look at the Highline Plus now, it is indeed a better option.

That said - real competition to the Polo 1.0 TSi will be the new i20 Turbo. It will surely receive the new TGDi engine, though the state of tune (100ps or 120ps) remains to be seen. The chassis and suspension could see a good improvement too - as the car is also going to spawn a 200hp N version to be a Fiesta ST competitor as well.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st May 2020, 10:58   #47
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, guys for an awesome review.

So, the Xcent will be fleet-only vehicle and Aura will take place of Xcent. It looks like a sensible move. Aura looks like a better car than Xcent in every aspect. The front of the Aura remains identical to the Grand i10 Nios. And when you walk to the rear, you are shocked. It seems the designer didn't want this car to be called Nios with boot and to do that they just made the rear ugly.

Hyundai aims to offer stiff competition to the other compact sedans, namely the Maruti Suzuki Dzire and the Honda Amaze. Is it possible? Let's see!!
SJM1214 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2020, 13:06   #48
AZT
BHPian

5 Star Review.

A Good Car caught up in Bad Timing. Could have definitely taken some market share from the Dzire, let's see what the post Covid numbers look like.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2020, 13:28   #49

Excellent and detailed review as always! Rated 5 stars

I am a newbie to this community and this is officially my first post. So kindly bear with me. I apologize for any mistakes done.

When Hyundai launched the current generation santro two years back, Maruti did a smart move by launching the Wagonr with their peppy 1.2 k series engine. Now its time for Hyundai to hit back with their turbo GDI engines on their cars, although its a different segment. I am sure that the demand for these engines are going to increase in the future.

But as Hyundai improves their engines, their designs have become weirder. The last generation of Hyundai cars had better designs when comparing to current generation. Its all about straight lines and cuts added with weird Led light strip running through the bonnet and boot! A look at the 2020 Hyundai Sonata will prove this . Some might like it, but I prefer clean and subtle designs which are timeless.

When we talk about the design of Aura, its not that weird when comparing to Creta. But I feel it would have looked better with two changes. One is the chrome strip on the boot lid and other is the blackened c pillar. Without these two, it would have been more visually appealing.

I have edited few pictures from the team bhp review.They are attached below.

Side profile with body coloured C pillar
Hyundai Aura : Official Review-picsart_052211.12.39.jpg

Rear profle without the chrome strip
Hyundai Aura : Official Review-picsart_052211.35.24.jpg

I will be happy to hear about your views.

Thanks
Nandan_96 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 18:35   #50

Is it possible to tune the engine from the Aura/nios to produce the output it does in the venue (118hp)?
Old 24th May 2020, 20:32   #51
BHPian

Excellent review as always!! Rated five stars!!
I used to own a grand i10 petrol and the downsides of an otherwise excellent package were the driving dynamics and that under-powered and thirsty engine.

Looks like Hyundai has managed to sort out most of those shortcomings.

I'd definitely consider a Hyundai as my next purchase.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th May 2020 at 18:53. Reason: Spacing
anshuman_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 22:47   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandan_96 View Post
I have edited few pictures from the team bhp review.They are attached below.

I will be happy to hear about your views.

Thanks
The side profile looks way better in your edit. But I guess there is no redemption for that ugly boot.
YossarianLives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2020, 18:52   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Surprised to see a yellow board Aura so soon. Would have expected Hyundai to have avoided this for a few months at least.

On a different note, Mods need to test drive the new Polo TSI ASAP for a back to back comparison!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Aura : Official Review-img_20200527_183123.jpg  

Hyundai Aura : Official Review-img_20200527_183141.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 27th May 2020 at 19:02.
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 09:47   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Surprised to see a yellow board Aura so soon. Would have expected Hyundai to have avoided this for a few months at least.
With Toyota pulling curtains on Etios and Liva, very few choices for the fleet operators to choose. Only Aspire and Aura remain. Amidst the situation, Hyundai may look to get the cash flowing in by any means be it private or commercial
Old 25th July 2020, 23:24   #55
Senior - BHPian

Was it named after a Skoda without the L? The car looks weird from the side profile. It could have done with better wheels. Hyundai wheel design getting bad day by day.
Old 9th August 2020, 11:34   #56

Other than the design of the car( which most of the people do not like) there is not much to complain about the Aura. The Turbo motor is a lot of fun to drive and we dont have to deal with shoddy VAG dealerships and can have a fuss free ownership experience.
Coming back to the design, i think it grows on you. When i saw it in pictures, i did not like it much. But looking at it in the showroom changed my perspective and made me neutral (maybe it changed because after the TD, i just wanted to buy it ).
But now that I have owned it for a few months, it has grown on me and I am actually beginning to like the design.
satyamkolhe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 09:38   #57

Hi there

Hyundai cars have always kept me interested. Be it i20, verna or the creta, my heart has always gone to them. Since I am planning to buy a new car, I recently went to Ultimate Hyundai showroom in Chandigarh. As it is already mentioned before, it does look like extension of i10 NIOS. Maybe they took the swift and swift desire philosophy ��. Anyway, when I started interacting with the sales representative for the on road cost breakdown, he included handling charges of Rs. 3100.
I did ask him to remove it, but he showed me the Hyundai Customer booklet mentioning about handling charges to be paid. I am not sure whether it is correct or not. Sales rep was including a discount of Rs 30000, but on being insistent about removing handling charges, he told me that the discount will also come down to rs. 27000. ��
Has anyone faced this issue? And if handling charges are not admissible, how can Hyundai print it and ask for it?
Old 29th September 2020, 08:43   #58
BHPian

Hyundai is charging handling charges of Rs 3100/- at all dealers across Kolkata. Guess it's officially approved. I recently bought an Aura SX(O) for my wife. Till now only 300 Kms city run done and it's been good. The Ground clearance is adequate, the suspension is tuned perfectly for Indian road (potholes & speed-breakers). The boot space is roomy enough for a family of 5 and it's a cozy cabin. This Car packs more features and is VFM compared to Dzire. Only thing missing is engine-underbody protection.
Old 29th September 2020, 09:50   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooghlyBoy View Post
I recently bought an Aura SX(O) for my wife. This Car packs more features and is VFM compared to Dzire.
Congratulations on your Aura. SX(O) must be manual transmission, right ? Didn't you consider AMT ?

What features does Aura offer which are not present in Dzire ? I am able to think of wireless charging only.

How much was the price difference between Dzire ZXI+ and Aura SX(O) ? Any discounts ?

Rohan
Old 23rd November 2020, 09:59   #60
KPR
BANNED

Has Hyundai stopped Vintage Brown in Aura? My friend has booked a Vintage Brown 1.2 SX variant. However the dealer says Hyundai isn't allowing them to order this colour. Is it true?

Most Viewed