Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2021, 15:29   #196
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by igemini View Post
UPDATE: I have just come back from the VW service centre.

Now the car is back in fully functional condition.

Anyway, all is well at the end. Hopefully, it will remain that way.

I hope this may help someone who was/is/will be in similar condition.
Sorry to hear about your ordeal. It is painful to deal with such instances especially when comes to your new possessions on which you have spent your hard earned $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post

But issue coming up due to fuel is still suspicious, in my 7 years of ownership of Polo I have filled fuel from all kinds of pumps and never faced any issue, just keep an out for a while and enjoy your car.
I agree! - Kochi BHPians can chime in on their experiences - maybe provide you their inputs on which bunks they regularly use. You can then try the same and monitor for any future problems. Though I agree that this is a ridiculous handicap to have. Personally, I stick to the same set of bunks that I have been using for a long time.
kedar_GT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 15:50   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by igemini View Post
After a long wait and after changing 2 VW dealers due to various reasons, on 8th Jan 2021, I took delivery of my VW Polo 1.0 GT TSI.

Now see what I got, in a car driven less than 40 km.

I had filled fuel worth RS 2000 (HP Power) from a pump from where I was filling fuel for almost 3 years. After I reach the next traffic signal this popped up.
Glad your issue was solved without any serious damage done to the car. Please don't fill HP Power (or any premium petrol like Xtra Premium) in your TSi. These TSi engines somehow don't like the additives present in these premium fuels. Recently a friend filled Xtra Premium petrol is his Laura TSi, that car also ran into some problems post that. Regular petrol is recommended for these engines.

p.s- I am not talking about higher octane petrol, like 97/99 octane petrol. If you want to fill higher octane petrol, you can do it without any issue.
chiranjitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 16:24   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptarchy View Post
Is it 9.5K including the screen?
The camera is integrated with the HU. No separate screen needed. While the price of the camera is 2.5 k and is supplied by the vendor, the cables needed to connect it to the HU is from the VW parts bin and was provided by the dealership itself and makes up for the rest of cost.
Endless.... is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 09:01   #199
BHPian

The price of Polo is having a creep function like in the automatics. It was ~7.9 when launched. Now it is 8.34 Ex Bangalore. There was no news of any hike as such.
motor_breathing is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 19:47   #200
BHPian

Hi all,

I took delivery of a good looking carbon steel grey Polo HLP last week. I am very happy with the car and hope to detail out my experience of taking possession of it in the forum soon.

I have had a chance to drive to Hassan, about 190km away from Bangalore, yesterday; and I was as happy as a lark to take my Polo for the ride. I was careful not to rev the engine above 4K. The roads are a charm and car drives like a song!
I noticed two things however :
-Road noise- particularly on cemented stretches. Probably because of Goodyear tyres.
-Wind noise - howling ruffling noise at speeds above 100 kmph. Its not too loud, but one can hear it continuously. Higher the speed the stronger it gets. But below 100 kmph it disappears and becomes hard to detect; Its almost a silent cabin once again.

Any suggestions to reduce these noises? Thanks
ArunRam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 16:00   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
The price of Polo is having a creep function like in the automatics. It was ~7.9 when launched. Now it is 8.34 Ex Bangalore. There was no news of any hike as such.

Carwale shows the Trendline 1.0 MPI @ 7.33L and Comfortline 1.0 @ 8.46L onroad, Bangalore.
Old 19th January 2021, 00:53   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunRam View Post
-Wind noise - howling ruffling noise at speeds above 100 kmph. Its not too loud, but one can hear it continuously. Higher the speed the stronger it gets. But below 100 kmph it disappears and becomes hard to detect; Its almost a silent cabin once again.

Same experience with my new Polo Highline TSI but for me it’s at 80kmph or so. Would love to know a fix for this.

Another thing I noticed is there some rattling sounds on the a pillar on driver side or c pillar on left side when going on bumpy roads. I didn’t expect these rattling sounds to be there in a new car.

Another side observation: I can feel the notchiness on most gears but intermittently that notchy feeling isn’t there when shifting into first. This makes me unsure if I shifted correctly. Few times this caused grinding
PankajKara is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2021, 08:53   #203
BHPian

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-erwin-0w20.png
It turns out, Volkswagen have indeed decided to move to a newer engine oil grade VW 508 on their baby 1.0 TSI engines. This move is in line with the Tiguan AllSpace, T-Roc and other newer Petrol engines from the Volkswagen Group. I found this reference on the VW Global Service Portal (ERWIN) on entering my VIN. The Engine on Polo 1.0 TSI 2020 does indeed have the engine code DSHA. I believe this instruction should be reaching Volkswagen dealers soon and even if they do not receive it, I would highly recommend pushing the dealer to source this newer 0W20 grade of oil for us. The company recommendation is of paramount importance after all. A close friend working at the factory also confirmed that the Factory Fill for these new 1.0 TSI engines being sold on the Polo and Vento indeed is a newer 0W20 engine oil which is presently being imported.
fluidicjoy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 18:48   #204
BHPian

Quote:

I have had a chance to drive to Hassan, about 190km away from Bangalore, yesterday; and I was as happy as a lark to take my Polo for the ride. I was careful not to rev the engine above 4K. The roads are a charm and car drives like a song!
I noticed two things however :
-Road noise- particularly on cemented stretches. Probably because of Goodyear tyres.

First of, congratulations on your new car!! Road noise is definitely due to the tyres. I changed tyres right out of the showroom and have not experienced any tyre noise on the Conti UC 6.

Wind noise. Honestly, after doing over 1700kms in the last couple of weeks, I haven’t noticed any wind buffeting worth complaining. Could be a case of my ICE being in the louder side at the said speed and much beyond . Will check again once I hit the highways and confirm back.

Quick question. Is it normal only for the rear left lamp to light up while reverse gear is engaged? I remember seeing this in the Punto thread a long time ago. Something about being euro spec. Hence checking if this is a euro feature or do I need to fix a broken bulb 😁 my rapid lights up at both ends while reverse is engaged. Hence the question.

Last edited by manson : 30th March 2021 at 00:27. Reason: Merged back to back posts.
Old 24th January 2021, 19:10   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
Quick question. Is it normal only for the rear left lamp to light up while reverse gear is engaged? I remember seeing this in the Punto thread a long time ago. Something about being euro spec. Hence checking if this is a euro feature or do I need to fix a broken bulb �� my rapid lights up at both ends while reverse is engaged. Hence the question.
The Polo has just one Reverse Light. This would be the case on our MK5 Jetta as well and I thought its Euro Spec, but the Tiguan and a few Kodiaqs I have seen have Two Reverse Lights. Jump to 00:37 for a glimpse of the Polo's Left Reverse Lamp in action to assure yourself. The right is a Fog Lamp if I remember correctly.

Last edited by fluidicjoy : 24th January 2021 at 19:11.
fluidicjoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 19:28   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidicjoy View Post
The Polo has just one Reverse Light. This would be the case on our MK5 Jetta as well and I thought its Euro Spec, but the Tiguan and a few Kodiaqs I have seen have Two Reverse Lights. Jump to 00:37 for a glimpse of the Polo's Left Reverse Lamp in action to assure yourself. The right is a Fog Lamp if I remember correctly.
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=PutALGaE53M&t=105s
Perfect!! Thank you for confirming. If memory serves me right, the Punto/Linea had the rear right light up! Not sure what the science behind it is, but I’m certain there is a logic there. The lights intensity is kinda pointless for me now with the reverse cam but hoping that folks outside do realize that a little red car is backing up with just one light, that too at the rear left 🤣
Old 24th January 2021, 22:06   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

Well I have a 1.2 Polo GT TSI, this noise is very prominent above 100kmph and I have got this checked twice at VW service center, there seems to be no issue. The service head told me it is prominent in TSI engines and is due to air touching the car supposedly aerodynamics according to him. You will have to live with it.
Old 25th January 2021, 00:51   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ02 View Post
Well I have a 1.2 Polo GT TSI, this noise is very prominent above 100kmph and I have got this checked twice at VW service center, there seems to be no issue. The service head told me it is prominent in TSI engines and is due to air touching the car supposedly aerodynamics according to him. You will have to live with it.
That’s a shame. Solid build quality being let down with these issues. I remember driving a trendline polo and touching 120kmph with no howling sounds.

Rattle sounds I came across a fix in one of the teambhp threads where one can place some piping on the door gaps. I’ll first get the ASC to check this otherwise I’ll do the piping fix.

I think for the howling sounds also will ask ASC if there is some fix. It’s pretty annoying and I don’t play my music on loud volume or intend to do that to fix it.
PankajKara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 15:03   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PankajKara View Post
I think for the howling sounds also will ask ASC if there is some fix. It’s pretty annoying and I don’t play my music on loud volume or intend to do that to fix it.
Let me know if you get any resolution for this howling sound.
Old 25th January 2021, 23:18   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PankajKara View Post
That’s a shame. Solid build quality being let down with these issues. I remember driving a trendline polo and touching 120kmph with no howling sounds.
It is! I have made a few points to check. Since I am mostly driving in Bangalore now, no chance of experiencing the wind noise . I will update my observations in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
First of, congratulations on your new car!! Road noise is definitely due to the tires. I changed tires right out of the showroom and have not experienced any tire noise on the Conti UC 6.

Wind noise. Honestly, after doing over 1700kms in the last couple of weeks, I haven’t noticed any wind buffeting worth complaining. Could be a case of my ICE being in the louder side at the said speed and much beyond . Will check again once I hit the highways and confirm back.
Thanks Endless. I wish I had changed the tires. Now with 700kms on odo, I am not sure if I can good price for replacement. Think, I will check at couple of dealers here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ02 View Post
May not be engine issue. There is a thread here that discusses the wind noise https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/exc...40mph.7175853/
I am trying to figure it out
ArunRam is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks