Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2021, 16:43   #301
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Took delivery of my Flash Red Highline+ Tsi AT last Tuesday on my Birthday . The delivery experience was smooth all along. I demanded a fresh car from the pune plant which they gladly accepted and Sales manager even recorded the video of my car unloading from a truck for me. I decoded the VIN and it shows the Manufacturing month as Feb 21 which is excellent. Dealership provided the black roof wrap along with the black mirror cap for free apart from the basic accessories kit. They even agreed to remove the handling charges and allowed me to take the insurance from outside. The final ex-showroom cost was 9,19,500. Thanks to the bhpian fluidicjoy i was able to source the GT Spoiler along with GT TSi Stickers and Badge from his Pune contacts as it was not in stock in Nashik dealership. They do not even have dual tone horn in stock : as I was looking for it to install on the day of the delivery but promised me that they have placed the order for it and will call me as soon as possible.

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-polo-delivery.jpeg

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 17th March 2021 at 10:11. Reason: Mod note attached.
MayurS is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 08:34   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayurS View Post
Took delivery of my Flash Red Highline+ Tsi AT last Tuesday on my Birthday :
Congratulations !! The Flash Red and Black is a classic combo for the Polo IMHO. Wishing you many happy miles ahead.
Old 18th March 2021, 00:31   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansGT View Post
That's the thing with turbo petrol engines. Drive sedate and it returns excellent fuel economy. Drive hard and it behaves as if it is pulling a large 4x4.

But then again, why shall you buy a TSI for sedate driving? Isn't there the normal MPI for that?
True that's why I wrote occasionally But I have noticed even if it is pushed a lot it doesn't drop below 10.5-11kmpl.
Old 24th March 2021, 14:21   #304
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen unveils Polo Matt Edition. It gets a matte grey paint option.

Polo Matte Edition gets a gloss black roof-mounted spoiler, door handles and ORVMs

It gets the same 16-inch rims as the standard Polo GT

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-smartselect_20210324141503_instagram.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-smartselect_20210324141527_instagram.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-smartselect_20210324141622_chrome.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-smartselect_20210324141631_chrome.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-smartselect_20210324141639_chrome.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 15:10   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

2021 Volkswagen Polo Matt Edition : GT TSI

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th March 2021 at 15:13.
Old 24th March 2021, 17:02   #306
BHPian

Almost a decade-old design language and the polo still does not fail to fascinate me.
Came across this walkaround review of the POLO GT TSI that gets a matt finish.

I loved this one and I guess many others will like it too because I have seen a number of guys going for wraps of similar sort on their cars.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th March 2021 at 17:45. Reason: Removing YouTube URL. Shared right above.
MrBeast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 17:10   #307
Distinguished - BHPian

It's a beautiful shade and suits the GT variant. What premium does VW charge for this?

On a lighter note, it is high time that VW allows buyer to choose any color from the palette and even select from a choice of stickers before ordering their Polo. Then they won't need to launch these special editions.
Old 24th March 2021, 17:37   #308
Senior - BHPian

Seems like this was the shade most folks got their Polo's wrapped in the aftermarket both In India as well as abroad. Good to see a manufacture bring out this option from the factory itself. Although only a niche percentage of folks will opt for this finish, it is still better to have it from day one rather than run behind and get it done and change details in the RC too. Guess what would have been a killer, Giving it red/blue alloys too!

A wrapped Polo in similar shade in India

Another similar (GTI) one from Cardiff

Last edited by TrackDay : 24th March 2021 at 17:39.
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 18:24   #309
BHPian

Somehow, I really like this colour. In my opinion, it is a unique colour that suits well for the Polo GT. I reckon it's the similar colour that we saw on the Rapid 1.0 when it was displayed on the auto show.

Nonetheless, I believe this may come with a premium price over the regular colors. Even after this many years, still Polo looks stunning with these minor makeovers. Which every other cars failed to do so. From that segment or even from 2 segments above.
igemini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 19:47   #310

Hi Folks,

Long time lurker and first time poster. I had taken a TD of VW Polo GT in the month of January and loved every bit of it. I decided to book it and told the SA that I will be taking of the car in mid April due to no good muhurats available.

I’ve already made the full payment in the mid of March and was looking forward to driving the car in April. But, I received a call from the SA today who is telling me to look at the highline plus AT variant. He is telling me to get the highline plus AT variant as it is “almost” similar to the GT variant now. The price difference is around 30k for these two variants. What can I do here? Should I stay with my original booking or swap it and save the 30 grand?

Honestly, I think the SA is trying to move the unsold vehicles off the stockyard.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 1st April 2021 at 11:33. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
Old 29th March 2021, 22:19   #311
BHPian

I was told VW cars are generally costly to maintain. I am interested to know the periodic service cost. What would be the approximate service/ maintenance cost of the new Polo?
arvindmanju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 22:39   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pptk1158 View Post
Honestly, I think the SA is trying to move the unsold vehicles off the stockyard.
Congrats on your first ever post!

You should ask for the VIN of the HL Plus AT and check the manufacturing date. The sales person may be under pressure to meet his Q1 targets and the car may not be too old.

On the other hand, I have listed what the HL Plus AT gets that the GT TSI doesn't:
  1. Front center armrest with rear AC vent. The rear AC vent may be a deal breaker. While the armrest is available as an accessory.
  2. 12V charging point at rear. This may be a deal breaker to some.
  3. Moonstone finish for the radio surround trim (vs piano black on the GT TSI). This is just cosmetics.
  4. Body colored out side mirror (vs black color on the GT TSI). Again, cosmetics.

What the GT TSI gets that isn't there on the Highline Plus AT is the Black rear spoiler. The spoiler does give a sporty look and aid in aerodynamics too.

Now, whichever variant you decide, you can't go too wrong with your choice. Looking forward to your ownership experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
I was told VW cars are generally costly to maintain. I am interested to know the periodic service cost. What would be the approximate service/ maintenance cost of the new Polo?
Please check here - https://www.volkswagen.co.in/app/sit...ostcalculator/. The page isn't loading currently, but do check later.

Last edited by Voyager-1 : 29th March 2021 at 22:50.
Voyager-1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 09:33   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post

I have listed what the HL Plus AT gets that the GT TSI doesn't:
I have also read somewhere on this thread/forum that one can get the GT badges too. So essentially as everybody now realizes, GT TSI is not even worth a consideration over the HL Plus AT.

Quote:

The spoiler does give a sporty look and aid in aerodynamics too.
Dude although the spoiler is primarily meant to aid aerodynamics, it is nothing but an expensive/cosmetic accessory on mainstream hatches. The design of this spoiler has changed with almost every version of Polo, so I'd be really surprised if it has any functional purpose!
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 21:25   #314

Thank you Voyager-1 for the insights. I’ve finally opted to get the Highline Plus AT.
As you suggested, I asked for the VIN and found out that car was from the March 2021 lot. Looks like the sales guy is trying to meet this quarters/FYs target.

I got a pretty sweet deal at the end, I will be getting a 30k cashback since I had already paid the money upfront for the GT and the sales guy will be adding the spoiler, GT badges and the dual horn for no cost on my end.
pptk1158 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 01:51   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pptk1158 View Post
I’ve finally opted to get the Highline Plus AT.

I got a pretty sweet deal at the end, I will be getting a 30k cashback since I had already paid the money upfront for the GT and the sales guy will be adding the spoiler, GT badges and the dual horn for no cost on my end.
Great decision and good deal.

I suggest getting a rear camera installed. Even though it is not a VW accessory, but because every other competitor of the Polo comes with a rear camera, the VW dealers are getting it done through third parties. It won't void any warranty and the camera display will come to your head unit. I have heard quotes between 8K to 11K in Bangalore from the VW dealer, without negotiation. You can negotiate more or ask them to absorb the cost.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks