Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2021, 17:08   #331
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Getting the seat fabric replaced was on top of mind for a while. Got in touch with Imperial leathers earlier this week and got these installed today. Faux leather, Shivkumar from Imperial called it Montana leather. Very pleased with the final outcome. Fit, finish and cost. Do look him up in the t-bhp directory. I paid 14k and am happy with the outcome and the interaction with the owner Shivkumar. My gpay transaction for 10k to him failed and he says he will wait a couple of days just to make sure before i try again! I just met the guy today!! Who does that!!

I had no complaints with the quality of fabric that came from the factory, but the fact that my dog is in the back seat for the most part meant that it was a cleaning nightmare. I wanted to go full leather but Shivkumar recommended faux and even provided 3 year warranty. Will wait and see how this holds up. For now I’m a happy camper.

PS: I have brought back the original seat cover with me. In case anyone is interested, happy to let go of it at no cost. Pick up only, Blr.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-a9f5432171684aa6b0e51f6753e65316.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-f19477221c6543dd9d1117c71482ae6e.jpeg  

Endless.... is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 09:23   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_999 View Post
Hi guys. I have the following questions, it would be great if someone more experienced could help answer.

1. Any idea what material the original GT spoiler is made of?
2. Do aftermarket spoilers void warranty?
3. Is there any noticeable difference in performance and driveability with a spoiler (orginal or aftermarket)?
The original spoiler should be made of either polycarbonate or similar polymers used on mirrors etc. Aftermarket spoilers which cost lesser compromise on two factors :- Paint quality, material quality and marketing, which is why they're about 50% cheaper. Frankly, if I had to get one, I'd buy a genuine one and have it installed with Genuine Volkswagen adhesives since that way the paint on the roof is not compromised.

Aftermarket spoilers or any other body modification which is just adhered by adhesive should not void the mechanically or electronic warranty, but if it's not fit as per company guidelines, can void paint warranty, if it damages the stock paint.

Driveability due to a spoiler is a topic of great debate since it's more aesthetic on the GT TSI than functional. Sure, spoilers are meant to aid aerodynamics, but considering most use cases, it's hard to say it improves the driveability. I'm using a Euro Spec Air intake, which is something which definitely improves the Intake to the Engine, but for the most part, I've felt little to no difference in daily driving. Hope this helps.

Last edited by fluidicjoy : 11th April 2021 at 09:25.
fluidicjoy is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 18:45   #333
Senior - BHPian

A close friend of mine owns this 1.0 TSI MT HL+, bought in December.

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img20210411wa0118.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img20210411wa0119.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img20210411wa0120.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img20210411wa0121.jpg

Things added:
Cobra Evo 1 ride height adjustable coilovers
Advanti racing 17" wheels with Michelin Pilot sport 4 205/45 r17 tyres
VW Flip reverse camera
Maxton style rear diffuser
Borla spitfire end can
3 switch cabin ligbht
Auto headlamp switch
Black ORVM caps
GT TSI spoiler

More mods in the pipeline.
sidindica is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 10:24   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
Do read in-line comments.
Nada. Zilch. It’s cosmetic. It does add character though. Question is, is 7k too much for character
Is it 7K, if i remember correctly i was charged 11K including GST by the dealer.
BTW, anyone used the cruise control on polo? I tried to use it once and found it hell of a task to use it. How can you set to a particular speed say 60kmph, i see no display saying the set speed. and once you apply the brakes, you need to start setting it again. Overall a non intuitive mechanism added just to tick feature list i feel!
Old 18th April 2021, 00:44   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
Is it 7K, if i remember correctly i was charged 11K including GST by the dealer.
BTW, anyone used the cruise control on polo? I tried to use it once and found it hell of a task to use it. How can you set to a particular speed say 60kmph, i see no display saying the set speed. and once you apply the brakes, you need to start setting it again. Overall a non intuitive mechanism added just to tick feature list i feel!
You can use the RES key to Resume the previously SET speed. I use it quite often, though I would have loved to have Cruise Control buttons from the Steering wheel, but the Stalk isn't all that bad either.
Old 28th April 2021, 12:16   #336
BHPian

Are these OEM horns of Polo/Vento. Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-screenshot_20210428121339.png
Old 8th May 2021, 23:44   #337
BHPian

The old boy yet again emerges as the undisputed King of the fun hatchback segment - Polo TSI wins over the i10 Grand Turbo

sid_deb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 00:42   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
The old boy yet again emerges as the undisputed King of the fun hatchback segment - Polo TSI wins over the i10 Grand Turbo

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=RONrbJbqIY0
No surprises here as we know that the Polo is the undisputed king of the fun to drive hatchback segment even though the design is decade old but still looks fresh as ever and we don’t get bored of its looks!
Old 27th May 2021, 13:27   #339

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
This is definitely not worth 16K. I feel 5.5 itself is expensive. 3K is a right price. I think the correct one for polo is the flippy one. The bumper one also stay active for around 15 sec after disengaging reverse. Probably the time taken for the logo to flip back. No idea about the warranty. Looks like some way to extort more money by scaring the customer.
I too got a reverse camera that fits along the number plate light from glamour accessories, my observations are the camera is a bit offset and the guidelines are not symmetrical and also the image stays on the hu for about 10 to 15 seconds which is irritating, I was about to change my mind to not get it fitted as the employee spliced the reverse gear indicator wire at the last moment as i was told no cutting or splicing of wires on phone, with a heavy heart i moved on. I’m not happy about the camera and planning to get a logo flip camera soon. Is the camera delay common even in flip cameras? Someone using the flip camera please reply
Swaroop Gowda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 01:24   #340

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidicjoy View Post
Attachment 2111804
It turns out, Volkswagen have indeed decided to move to a newer engine oil grade VW 508 on their baby 1.0 TSI engines. This move is in line with the Tiguan AllSpace, T-Roc and other newer Petrol engines from the Volkswagen Group. I found this reference on the VW Global Service Portal (ERWIN) on entering my VIN. The Engine on Polo 1.0 TSI 2020 does indeed have the engine code DSHA. I believe this instruction should be reaching Volkswagen dealers soon and even if they do not receive it, I would highly recommend pushing the dealer to source this newer 0W20 grade of oil for us. The company recommendation is of paramount importance after all. A close friend working at the factory also confirmed that the Factory Fill for these new 1.0 TSI engines being sold on the Polo and Vento indeed is a newer 0W20 engine oil which is presently being imported.
Any confirmation on the oil grade that is recommended for the DSHA engines without the GPF? The Indian Polos don't come equipped with a GPF unlike the european cars and the VW 508/509 spec are low ash oils designed to protect the GPF. My oil change is due very soon and I'm puzzled as to what is the recommended oil grade for this engine.

Another issue I foresee with this 0w-20 508 oil is that the temp rating is too low for our tropical weather. Average temps in summer here are above 40 degrees. Not sure how a 0w-20 rated oil would fare in our weather. I checked with another fellow 1.0 TSI owner who has got the first service done and his service bill mentioned the standard 5w-40 505 spec.

Really confused about which oil to use now. Your inputs would be helpful!
Old 28th May 2021, 09:08   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haritabh7 View Post

Another issue I foresee with this 0w-20 508 oil is that the temp rating is too low for our tropical weather. Average temps in summer here are above 40 degrees. Not sure how a 0w-20 rated oil would fare in our weather. I checked with another fellow 1.0 TSI owner who has got the first service done and his service bill mentioned the standard 5w-40 505 spec.

Regarding 0W20 spec, it should be fine. Even the Baleno petrol is filled with 0W16 oil ever since it was launched. I believe piston and cylinder clearances have become tighter and a thinner oil is preferred in modern engines. Eitherway, the manufacturers know it better.

VW 508/509 spec engine oils are of very high standards and should perform well in terms of reducing wear and tear. If it's an option for your engine, you might as well enjoy the benefits of a superior oil although it might be more expensive
Old 28th May 2021, 11:18   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaroop Gowda View Post
I’m not happy about the camera and planning to get a logo flip camera soon. Is the camera delay common even in flip cameras? Someone using the flip camera please reply
Hey! I've been using a Genuine Flip Camera which has been retrofitted on my Polo. It doesn't have a 15 second video feed delay, but it takes 15 seconds to flip inside when the car is taken out of reverse. This is an intrinsic feature of the camera assembly. I've made a video about its performance if you're interested. You can find it on my thread and YouTube as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by haritabh7 View Post
Any confirmation on the oil grade that is recommended for the DSHA engines without the GPF? The Indian Polos don't come equipped with a GPF unlike the european cars and the VW 508/509 spec are low ash oils designed to protect the GPF. My oil change is due very soon and I'm puzzled as to what is the recommended oil grade for this engine.

Name:  Screenshot 20210528 at 11.01.49 AM.png
Views: 3071
Size:  38.8 KB
Just happened to cross-check and find this. This pertains to my 1.0 TSI Polo and as per the Factory Buildsheet, there might indeed be no GPF on this car. I was expecting it considering the BS6 standard. It would be great if someone who has swapped their exhausts and upgraded their downpipes would be able to confirm. The 0W20 bulletin was again found on VW's Global Service portal, where the engine code DSHA was specifically mentioned. I was under the impression that the oil has been updated for this newer TSI. However, during my last visit to the dealership, they were still using 5W-40 VW Special G (Gasoline) meeting VW 502, VW 505 on their oil changes for the vehicle. The 0W-20 is being used for the T-Roc and Tiguan AllSpace.

I have seen Maruti Dealers switch to 0W-16 grades on their petrol engines, and our 1.2L K12 was also serviced with 0W-20 multiple times. So I believe the synthetic 0W-20 oil viscosity grade might just be fine. The 0W-20 is not just for protecting the GPF (if present on this car), but I believe the entire EA211 engine (pistons, cylinders, rods) was built to work with a lighter oil as per the previous VW bulletin I shared, but only time will tell what Volkswagen deems the suitable oil for this engine.

I really hope they have updated all of their bulletins, since wrong oil, could be detrimental to the potential long life of this engine. It would be disturbing if they realise 3 years later that they've been filling and prescribing the wrong oil. I will try to share any updates on this matter as they come.
Old 29th May 2021, 17:23   #343

Quote:

Just happened to cross-check and find this. This pertains to my 1.0 TSI Polo and as per the Factory Buildsheet, there might indeed be no GPF on this car. I was expecting it considering the BS6 standard. It would be great if someone who has swapped their exhausts and upgraded their downpipes would be able to confirm. The 0W20 bulletin was again found on VW's Global Service portal, where the engine code DSHA was specifically mentioned. I was under the impression that the oil has been updated for this newer TSI. However, during my last visit to the dealership, they were still using 5W-40 VW Special G (Gasoline) meeting VW 502, VW 505 on their oil changes for the vehicle. The 0W-20 is being used for the T-Roc and Tiguan AllSpace.

I have seen Maruti Dealers switch to 0W-16 grades on their petrol engines, and our 1.2L K12 was also serviced with 0W-20 multiple times. So I believe the synthetic 0W-20 oil viscosity grade might just be fine. The 0W-20 is not just for protecting the GPF (if present on this car), but I believe the entire EA211 engine (pistons, cylinders, rods) was built to work with a lighter oil as per the previous VW bulletin I shared, but only time will tell what Volkswagen deems the suitable oil for this engine.

I really hope they have updated all of their bulletins, since wrong oil, could be detrimental to the potential long life of this engine. It would be disturbing if they realise 3 years later that they've been filling and prescribing the wrong oil. I will try to share any updates on this matter as they come.
I checked it with a fellow enthusiast who has swapped his exhaust, as well as from Akshay of gttunerz that there is no GPF in our cars. You are right about the dealerships using the standard 5W-40 oil for the 1.0 TSI motors. I checked with 2 separate dealerships in NCR as well. Wondering if we can get an official confirmation on the oil grade to be used directly from someone in VW itself?
Old 29th May 2021, 21:18   #344

Quote:
Hey! I've been using a Genuine Flip Camera which has been retrofitted on my Polo. It doesn't have a 15 second video feed delay, but it takes 15 seconds to flip inside when the car is taken out of reverse. This is an intrinsic feature of the camera assembly. I've made a video about its performance if you're interested. You can find it on my thread and YouTube as well.
Mechanical delay is not a problem as long as the image doesn’t stay on the hu after the reverse gear is disengaged, will check your video

Last edited by vb-saan : 30th May 2021 at 06:58. Reason: Quote tags fixed
Old 3rd June 2021, 12:21   #345
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Polo Comfortline TSI automatic launched in India at Rs 8.51 lakh. Comfortline TSI AT offers automatic climate control and a seven-inch Blaupunkt music system.

This new variant is available in five colour options – Flash Red, Sunset Red, Candy White, Reflex Silver, and Carbon Steel.

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks