Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2021, 13:42   #346

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Volkswagen Polo Comfortline TSI automatic launched in India at Rs 8.51 lakh. Comfortline TSI AT offers automatic climate control and a seven-inch Blaupunkt music system.

This new variant is available in five colour options – Flash Red, Sunset Red, Candy White, Reflex Silver, and Carbon Steel.

Source
It's sad to see that VW India seems to have quietly discontinued the Lapiz Blue colour option across the Polo (and perhaps Vento) line-up. I'll be more than happy to be corrected, if I'm viewing this incorrectly, but I did check their website today.

In my view, it was probably a highly underrated colour, and I barely see any Lapiz Blue Polos/Ventos on the road. Maybe I'm just biased since I own a Lapiz Blue Polo - but I do consider myself lucky to have been able to purchase it before it got discontinued.
akshathmithal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 16:25   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Regarding 0W20 spec, it should be fine. Even the Baleno petrol is filled with 0W16 oil ever since it was launched...
FYI, 0W20 is the oil for Baleno. I assume you are referring the hatchback iteration of the car.

More details
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post4399151 (Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki)
Old 5th June 2021, 15:47   #348
BANNED

Might sound noob, how does one turn ON the auto rain sensing wipers on the Highline Plus?
Torquedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 16:19   #349
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Might sound noob, how does one turn ON the auto rain sensing wipers on the Highline Plus?
Just flick the wiper stalk up one position above the lowest position. This will enable the automatic wiping function.
vishy76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 23:46   #350
BHPian

Might sound like a weird as well as a noob question but I was wondering that if the engine guard can prevent entrance of the rats in the engine bay to a certain extent?
Old 12th June 2021, 10:17   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSI47 View Post
Might sound like a weird as well as a noob question but I was wondering that if the engine guard can prevent entrance of the rats in the engine bay to a certain extent?
No, engine guards have slots/openings to drain the water etc. On the other hand, it may provide them a nice floor area to rest
Guna is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 15:28   #352
BHPian

Got the 6th month service done today. Bill was zero and following tasks were carried out-
1.General check up and liquid top up (Mostly coolant)

2.Got the suspension mount bearings changed as it was making some noise while turning the steering wheel, as per the mechanic the grease had dried up

3. Wheel Alignment as the car was running straight with slightly left biased steering position

Some Images for reference-
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-20210612_111243.jpg
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-20210612_111245.jpg
Culprit behind the steering noise

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-20210612_113425.jpg
Do I silently have an Audi
TSI47 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 14:44   #353
BHPian

VW showroom Noida is offering me 2 yrs (4+2) extended warranty for my Polo Turbo edition bought in March 2021, for 14k.

Is it worth to buy extended warranty so early or should I wait and buy it at the end of the standard warranty period?
divyadeeptsi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 15:14   #354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyadeeptsi View Post
VW showroom Noida is offering me 2 yrs (4+2) extended warranty for my Polo Turbo edition bought in March 2021, for 14k.

Is it worth to buy extended warranty so early or should I wait and buy it at the end of the standard warranty period?
Definitely go ahead and buy it. 14K is peanuts in the face of what some of the components for this engine might end up costing if they fail. 14K is probably the cheapest you will ever get EW for, so it's a good decision to go ahead and buy it now.
vishy76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 16:48   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyadeeptsi View Post

Is it dealer warranty or VW warranty? Please check that before going for it.
Pancham is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 14:35   #356
BHPian

As per VW website the extended warranty for (4+2) is available @ 18,549 (excluding GST) for Polo 1L TSI within 60 days from the date of vehicle sale. On top of this there is a discount of 7K going on currently. I got it for my recently acquired highline plus MT.
thisissoumya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2021, 22:37   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Is it dealer warranty or VW warranty? Please check that before going for it.
They’re still behind me and are offering it at same price. It’s VW warranty. I still haven’t made up my mind. I’ve been thinking that I might remap this beast over standard warranty is over to give it a mid life facelift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Definitely go ahead and buy it. 14K is peanuts in the face of what some of the components for this engine might end up costing if they fail. 14K is probably the cheapest you will ever get EW for, so it's a good decision to go ahead and buy it now.
Yes you are right. But I don’t think this is an unreliable car anymore. Earlier GT TSI might be. But this one has a much more reliable 1 liter tsi with manual transmission. Thanks that could go wrong are pretty less, that’s what I feel !

Also I’ve been wondering about going for remap once standard warranty is over so EW doesn’t make any sense in that case.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th June 2021 at 23:06. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote button (QUOTE+) while quoting and replying to multiple posts at once. Thanks.
Old 26th June 2021, 23:14   #358
BANNED

Guys -

I've got a Highline Plus, the only thing missing on it are the leather seats. I simply love the shade and quality of leather being offered on the Vento Highline and HL+, design is also very conservative as I would like it to be, with the right amount of perforation.

Can someone provide any pointers to where I can procure the same quality of leather in the NCR, design and shade is something that can be worked out. Have checked Autoform, Dolphin and Elegant, none were even closer on the quality being offered as the OEM, though the Nappa Uno by Elegant were the best amongst the lot.

I have Autoform on the Hexa, they were done in 2017, are absolutely phenomenal, it seems the quality of Autoform covers has gone down spirallingly over the years.

Any pointers to the VW OEM seat covers would be a big help. Thanks much.

Last edited by Torquedo : 26th June 2021 at 23:23.
Old 26th June 2021, 23:20   #359

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Guys -

I've got a Highline Plus, the only thing missing on it are the leather seats. I simply love the shade and quality of leather being offered on the Vento Highline and HL+, design is also very conservative as I would like it to be, with the right amount of perforation.

Can someone provide any pointers to where I can procure the same quality of leather in the NCR, design and shade is something that can be worked out. Have checked Autoform, Dolphin and Elegant, none were even closer on the quality being offered as the OEM, though the Nappa Uno by Elegant were the best amongst the lot.

I have Autoform on the Hexa, they were done in 2017, are absolutely phenomenal, it seems the quality of Autoform covers has gone down spiralling over the years.

Any pointers to the VW OEM seat covers would be a big help. Thanks much.
Hey - you can try out Stallion seat covers. I got my Polo 2020 seats done by them and was quite happy with the work. They also had everything installed at my home itself - and can do pretty much any design that you'd like.

Hope this helps.
akshathmithal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2021, 23:53   #360
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshathmithal View Post
Hey - you can try out Stallion seat covers. I got my Polo 2020 seats done by them and was quite happy with the work. They also had everything installed at my home itself - and can do pretty much any design that you'd like.

Hope this helps.
Many thanks, Akshath, I have had numerous discussions with Arjun, I was keen when he mentioned that the honeycomb design found on the Seltos can be made, but his updates on whatsapp status are a bit skeptical in terms of design and quality.

Would be really really thankful if you may share some pics here and the price that is being offered. Many many thanks for all your help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks