Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2021, 17:40   #406
BANNED

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
It wasn't driven through water at all, not even a waterlogged area. I did drive in the rain but I don't think that's causing any problems.

I'm beyond livid, it's been a week since I visited and my car's nowhere close to being diagnosed. I dropped an email to customer care VW and unfortunately their database had my location listed as my last location, I recieved a call from VW Panipat but have since shifted to another city. I told them to refer to my local dealership, dropped an email to VW for the same but no response.

Can anyone suggest who or what should I do from here? Should I make a team-bhp thread with details/pics/videos for traction? Perhaps a complaint on consumer grievance portal.

My new car is lying idle and I've to go out soon, it'd suck if I've to travel on my 11 y/o car because apparently that's more reliable than my 10 month old VW.
Seems quite absurd that the dealership won't have a scanner with them. How are they servicing cars without it?
If not possible at your local dealer, i would suggest visiting the next possible dealer with an appointment.

If you can come to delhi,i would be happy to help you check the errors with vcds. If the error light has now gone, most likely it is not a serious issue.
Old 8th August 2021, 01:25   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Seems quite absurd that the dealership won't have a scanner with them. How are they servicing cars without it?
If not possible at your local dealer, i would suggest visiting the next possible dealer with an appointment.

If you can come to delhi,i would be happy to help you check the errors with vcds. If the error light has now gone, most likely it is not a serious issue.
Their reason is that the scanner has gone for updation in protocol for the newer models, whatever that means. They can service without the scanner, can't repair. My car wouldn't even start today and needed to be jump started. I can't visit any dealer out of town because of the risk of limp mode that comes up when EPC light turns on. The check engine light is still on, the AC still won't work.

I'm too far away from Delhi now, back to Punjab finally. I talked to the dealer I bought the car from in Ludhiana - they said they'd consider paying upto 60% of any tow truck charges, should I decide to privately get it towed there. That's a nice gesture, but a couple of angry emails and the threat of consumer forum seems to have worked wonders. My local dealer sent a couple of mechanics to check the car within an hour of the email and has told me to come bring it any time I can. The manager also called to ask about the car. What a change an email to VW corporate brings, heh.

My father couldn't help but quip, "bhay bin hoye na preet", T: No love without fear.

Last edited by RoadMonkey : 8th August 2021 at 01:26.
RoadMonkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 20:51   #408
BHPian

Today installed reverse flip camera in my Polo TSi. Bhpian Fluidicjoy helped me with the procurement of flip camera with new VW Logo. Along with the camera he even provided the mounting plate and even helped me with installation via remote support.
Appreciate his help.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-261216fc3bf04a7fbe49f0161e3fc55c.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-73fdf3e0b8e64aea8ca555493ed5a1a8.jpeg  

MayurS is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 22:18   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It wasn't driven through water at all, not even a waterlogged area. I did drive in the rain but I don't think that's causing any problems.

I'm beyond livid, it's been a week since I visited and my car's nowhere close to being diagnosed. I dropped an email to customer care VW and unfortunately their database had my location listed as my last location, I recieved a call from VW Panipat but have since shifted to another city. I told them to refer to my local dealership, dropped an email to VW for the same but no response.

Can anyone suggest who or what should I do from here? Should I make a team-bhp thread with details/pics/videos for traction? Perhaps a complaint on consumer grievance portal.

My new car is lying idle and I've to go out soon, it'd suck if I've to travel on my 11 y/o car because apparently that's more reliable than my 10 month old VW.
It seems more like a BCM issue than a ECM one if at all based on what you mentioned earlier. I would however go down the lines of rat bites first.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 13:09   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
It seems more like a BCM issue than a ECM one if at all based on what you mentioned earlier. I would however go down the lines of rat bites first.
No rat bites, the dealership has identified it as a BCM issue and a replacement is on the way. Just have to wait a week.
RoadMonkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 20:15   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No rat bites, the dealership has identified it as a BCM issue and a replacement is on the way. Just have to wait a week.
So I thought right

Did you fit any accessories or HID kit etc ? How come the BCM failed.

Also which variant do you have. If a lower one, good chance for you to pay a little more and get the Highline one
Old 12th August 2021, 22:33   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
So I thought right

Did you fit any accessories or HID kit etc ? How come the BCM failed.

Also which variant do you have. If a lower one, good chance for you to pay a little more and get the Highline one
I didn't fit any accessory kit in order to not void any warranties.

I already have Highline Plus. The only upgrade here is to source one from Europe I believe.
RoadMonkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 11:18   #413
BHPian

Question to all 1.0L TSI Polo owners - how much did you pay for extended warranty for the 5th and 6th year? I am being quoted Rs 18,600 inclusive of all taxes for my 1 month old Polo automatic.

Is that a reasonable price or can I get a better deal?
Old 16th August 2021, 12:20   #414
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
Question to all 1.0L TSI Polo owners - how much did you pay for extended warranty for the 5th and 6th year? I am being quoted Rs 18,600 inclusive of all taxes for my 1 month old Polo automatic.

Is that a reasonable price or can I get a better deal?
You may want to check if this offer is applicable at your dealership -

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-volkswagenindorepost2021_08_11_13_55.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 16th August 2021 at 12:21.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 12:57   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Attachment 2193769
Thank you, this was useful.
I shared this with the SA and he is now quoting 16,800 all inclusive for 2 years extended warranty.

I've asked him to check if he can reduce it further and give me the best price!
Old 17th August 2021, 00:44   #416
BHPian

One more Lonavala snap from a recent trip to a beautiful homestay. We could walk up to the lake from where the car is parked. And this is the view you'd kinda get from inside the homestay.

Terrible roads to it tho. "Terrible" is me understating it. But the view/location was totally worth it. First gear all the way through these things they call roads. I would call them paths :P.

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_1001.jpg
PankajKara is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 10:59   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Attachment 2193769
Does this mean that you can extend the warranty to 6th year for 5k?
And the 5 year SVP is available for 5k??
That's an absolute steal!
Old 18th August 2021, 14:40   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan nhu mare? View Post
Does this mean that you can extend the warranty to 6th year for 5k?
And the 5 year SVP is available for 5k??
That's an absolute steal!
Wouldn't that be great

No, what this image means is that on the standard published rates for the extended warranties across VW cars, there is a 5,000 rupees discount going on right now. 5K is the benefit customers can get on the published rates.
Old 18th August 2021, 17:48   #419
BHPian

I recently booked a polo gt tsi in sunset red. I was very particular about this colour. The sales executive was very enthusiastic and gave me a few test drives. I decided to book the car and he told me the car would be delivered by August 15th. I told him i didn’t want any delays and that he should give me a realistic date. He said delivery would definitely be possible by the 15th. After booking the car, he has not been as prompt or enthusiastic to respond to my questions. The car has since been delayed with no news of a delivery date. Finally, today he told me that due to the launch of the taigun, manufacturing of the polo has been stopped . Moreover, he said the sunset red colour has been discontinued and there is a new cherry red coming sometime in september. Are they allowed to go back on a booking in this manner? What are my options at this point?
Rajiv Krishnan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 18:45   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv Krishnan View Post
What are my options at this point?
I assume you are from Kochi, which dealer you have booked with? Whichever dealer you booked with, you can try the other one for a confirmation. Or else you can try VW Thrissur as well. It's not EVM in Thrissur but Phoenix.
igemini is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks