Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2021, 22:54   #436
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Dear all
Any inputs on the above will be very helpful. Thanks in advance
Misfire of course, if it happens again you need to get it checked. There are a whole host of reasons mentioned all over the internet.

But It could very well be a weak battery if this vehicle is not being used regularly.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 10:17   #437
BHPian

Most probably engine was not warmed up enough( I have noticed this especially with three cylinder engines post start up). Advice to idle at least for 30 seconds before taking off forward or reverse without loading the engine. And dont know for sure in your case, but give accelerator input also when reversing or moving forward a cold engine. Once warmed up, car can pull reverse and forward from idle speed without accelerator input on level surfaces.
Nanolover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 21:07   #438
BHPian

Got quite a few things activated/removed/modified today:

• MID coded to work above 80 KMPH
  • Speed alarm coded: Removed beeps at 80/120 KMPH
  • Activated Instantaneous FE display on MID
  • Activated tear wiping
  • Activated volume to be replenished in MID
  • Increased XDS to strong from Medium
  • Increased Brake Assist

I got all this done from @DrCodeMyVW (On Instagram). It was quite hassle free and done in 10mins. Since my car sees a lot of highway, happy to finally get the MID working again above 80KMPH!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTCiRxZh...dium=copy_link

Last edited by sinharishi : 26th August 2021 at 21:11.
sinharishi is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 21:39   #439
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Got quite a few things activated/removed/modified
That is fantastic, want to get it done on my TSi, would be really thankful if you may share the pricing for the same. Thanks much.

Else, if you could share their location and/or number, that'll help too.

Last edited by Torquedo : 26th August 2021 at 22:08.
Torquedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 09:49   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
That is fantastic, want to get it done on my TSi, would be really thankful if you may share the pricing for the same. Thanks much.

Else, if you could share their location and/or number, that'll help too.
You can reach out to him directly on Instagram. He is in Delhi but offers remote coding as well.

https://instagram.com/drcodemyvw?utm_medium=copy_link
sinharishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 20:48   #441

My new Polo TSI

About a year back I had written a post welcoming suggestions on swapping the 1.2 litre L12 in my Honda Jazz to a 1.5 litre L15 from a honda city or as an alternative, take the turbocharging route. This was all to enhance driving pleasure and power, both of which are quite lacking in the JAZZ with the 1.2.

This is that post: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...onda-jazz.html (1.5L engine swap / turbocharging for a Honda Jazz)

However, once the post was published, I received a host of replies stating the disadvantages of an engine swap or even turbo charging if not done properly. This meant that there were chances of reliability taking a hit which I was not willing to trade off in exchange for power and the thrill of driving etc.

Realising that going ahead with the above plan may end up being a disaster, I remained patient and looked for alternatives. The best alternative seems to be switch to a different car altogether. So i took that path.

The next question was which car to choose. Now after having discussions with mutliple tuner shops, friends with car knowledge and other car enthusiasts, it was clear that if the intent is to tune a car to extract more power, it had to be a car which came turbocharged from the factory. Another criteria for me was that it had to be a manual transmission and one which had good dynamics and handling from the factory. Basically, a good foundation to build on.

The obvious choice was a Laura 1.8tsi. However, the only reason I backed off from that idea was that I was not too much in favour of going for a used car. The reason being that I suffered a lot with my Jazz during the last months when it was still with me. It could be that I was unlucky or I had bought a bad car etc. But the truth remained that I had to experience those moments when I kept on spending on the car with no sign of satisfaction. Finally, it occurred to me that such kind of satisfaction can only be available from a new car. Hence made the decision to go for a new car.

Another reason was that the stock 1.8tsi was a gas guzzler and I had looked around and found out that the fuel efficiency from a mildly tuned (stage 1 ecu remap)
1.8tsi was too low for my preference.

Having decided to go for a new car, I started researching on the currently available turbocharged cars in the market. Now I had a strict budget of 10lacs. One could say that I didnt have to think so much considering that the polo highline plus was available in that budget but I wanted to be sure that the Polo was the one to go for. This was specifically because there were few other options at that price range carrying similar specs. But for me the trill of driving was the utmost priority and there was no other car in the market at that price and even beyond, which could give me that, anymore that the polo can. So I watched videos, started reading, talked to a lot of people and they all came to the same conclusion considering my circumstances. And being a turbo charged car, it keeps my options open so far as tuning is concerned.

Hence, I decided to go for the Flash Red Polo TSI Higline Plus model. Bought it on 31st July 2021 and its currently done only 500kms and I am very vey happy with it and I feel to have have made the correct decision to go for a new car and that too the Polo TSI Highline Plus.

Pictures below.

Also thank you to all those who suggested not to take the engine swap/turbo charging path as I now feel that it could have ended up being a disaster.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20210822_140402_copy_3059x2289.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20210821_112006_copy_3182x2381.jpg  

Arka Saha is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 02:06   #442
BHPian

Sapphire completed 5000 kms in exactly 2 months! It has been pouring down in NCR from last two days and had to water wade. Everything went well yesterday, but at the same spot today, I saw smoke coming out for a brief moment. The smoke also came out via left AC vent, it was like someone pouring water on a hot pan! I assumed it to be the brakes and moved on but on second thoughts why would smoke come out of the AC vent? Especially when the AC is in re-circulation mode. Checked engine bay and could not spot anything. Drove the car for 70 kms, zlitch issues.

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20210901_102733.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20210830_133412.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20210901_111414.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20210902_091654.jpg
sinharishi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 14:40   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayurS View Post
Today installed reverse flip camera in my Polo TSi. Bhpian Fluidicjoy helped me with the procurement of flip camera with new VW Logo. Along with the camera he even provided the mounting plate and even helped me with installation via remote support.
Appreciate his help.
This is interesting, Especially with the new logo. Can you let me know where this was sourced from or Part#?
Old 9th September 2021, 11:36   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeEvo View Post
This is interesting, Especially with the new logo. Can you let me know where this was sourced from or Part#?
Bhpian FluidicJoy sourced it for me. I even purchased LED License plate lights, Jetta style 3 button cabin lamp and Auto headlight switch from him. You can contact him on his Instagram handle for all the queries and do take a look at his YouTube channel where he puts all the installation tutorials.
Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 16:24   #445
BHPian

Has anyone here been topping up the car with 95 octane fuel as the inside of the fuel cap recommends we do? I've been filling it with the regular 91 octane all this time, mostly because I'm a lazy guy and 95 octane wasn't readily available. Now that is in Indian Oil outlets, I try to get car topped up with 95 octane as much as I can. Is there any benefit? Perhaps prolonging the engine before the inevitable carbon build up typical to GDI engines takes its life? Any input would be appreciated!
Old 9th September 2021, 21:11   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
Has anyone here been topping up the car with 95 octane fuel as the inside of the fuel cap recommends we do?
I do. I have a good IOCL pump close to my home and have been almost exclusively filling up 95 petrol in my Polo. Given my low running and slight incremental delta over regular petrol, I thought why not give the engine the diet it really likes.

Don't have enough kilometres with and without 95 octane fuel to assess any meaningful difference.
Shreyas_H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 17:24   #447
BHPian

Hi all! Can anyone confirm if Lapiz Blue and Sunset Red are still available? I'm looking at getting a Polo TSI Comfortline and I'm very keen on Lapiz Blue, but a dealer here in Chennai said that it's been discontinued.
Old 13th September 2021, 19:22   #448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojc View Post
Hi all! Can anyone confirm if Lapiz Blue and Sunset Red are still available? I'm looking at getting a Polo TSI Comfortline and I'm very keen on Lapiz Blue, but a dealer here in Chennai said that it's been discontinued.
Not sure about Sunset Red, but I had checked the VW website a couple of months back, and it looks like Lapiz Blue has been discontinued (which is a pity).

You can check the website for Sunset Red as well.
akshathmithal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 00:39   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojc View Post
Yeah, sunset is gone too. Such a shame. Those were the best colours on the polo by some margin. I wonder if they were discontinued because they cost more than the other colours. Anyway, the wild cherry of the taigun might be coming to the polo. Its like a darker sunset red. You should ask the dealer about it.
Old 22nd September 2021, 21:38   #450
BHPian

According to a report on Autocar India, certain variants of the Polo and Vento models are currently in high demand, commanding a waiting period of up to five months across the country.

The Volkswagen Polo Trendline MPI, Comfortline TSI MT, Highline Plus TSI MT, Highline Plus TSI AT and the GT TSI AT variants are all commanding a waiting period of up to 5 months. Similarly, for the Vento, the Highline TSI MT variant has a five-month waiting period.

Furthermore, Volkswagen dealerships have also stopped accepting bookings for the Polo Comfortline MPI and Comfortline TSI AT variants and the Vento Comfortline TSI MT and Highline Plus TSI MT. It’s likely that the manufacturer has a huge backlog of orders for these aforementioned variants and has hence instructed its dealers to stop bookings. However, it’s expected that the order books will be reopened for these variants once the backlog is cleared.

Source: Autocar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks