Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2021, 12:38   #481
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Small mod update - Successfully installed the Luminous ring to the cigarette lighter socket. This mod is too cumbersome as you have to push two plastic tabs from inside the socket and then as Bhpian Gannu suggested use the binder clips to slowly remove the socket from the plastic ring. But in order to install the bulb assembly to the luminous ring by which you can get the red glow to the plexiglass you have to remove the transmission console which takes about 20 minutes. But IMO it was worth the efforts. You can also install the the bulb module to the black lighter socket ring which comes from the factory nowadays to get the red glow for plexiglass but the luminous ring looks more good
Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-31a06d8d3cc940d4af3958bda613c34d.jpeg  

MayurS is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 12:40   #482
BHPian

I asked for Polo’s waiting period and it’s 4 months in Erode, TN. Is it Taigun’s effect or usual dealer tactics to quote higher waiting period to artificially create a demand ?
Old 31st October 2021, 21:28   #483
BANNED

I went to take a TD for Polo highline 1.0 TSI AT but didn't get TD and dealer was more interested to sell me Taigun. They also mentioned that waiting period is around 6 months and they are not taking new bookings. Are they intentionally creating this demand or something is cooking?
Somz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 09:39   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
Has anyone here been topping up the car with 95 octane fuel as the inside of the fuel cap recommends we do? I've been filling it with the regular 91 octane all this time, mostly because I'm a lazy guy and 95 octane wasn't readily available. Now that is in Indian Oil outlets, I try to get car topped up with 95 octane as much as I can. Is there any benefit? Perhaps prolonging the engine before the inevitable carbon build up typical to GDI engines takes its life? Any input would be appreciated!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
I do. I have a good IOCL pump close to my home and have been almost exclusively filling up 95 petrol in my Polo. Given my low running and slight incremental delta over regular petrol, I thought why not give the engine the diet it really likes.

Don't have enough kilometres with and without 95 octane fuel to assess any meaningful difference.
Just to address these points, I do fill up my TSi with xp95 and the fuel efficiency is indeed higher.
City:
I head out to play every morning at 5:30. This commute is hardly 3 kms. With normal fuel, I would struggle to hit 8-8.5kmpl on the MID but with xp95 it easily reaches 11 kmpl.

Highway:
Last week I took the Polo to Gurudongmar. During my Kolkata-Siliguri leg the car had normal petrol and I got a fuel efficiency figure of 16.xx kmpl as per the MID. Ony return journey I could get xp95 at Siliguri and during that leg I got 19.xx kmpl.

I understand the MID numbers are not accurate but just to provide everyone with a relatable instance, this helps.
Now I try to only fill up xp95. The vibrations and gruff noise of the engine seem to be lower as well with xp95.
Rhik94 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 14:37   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhik94 View Post
Just to address these points, I do fill up my TSi with xp95 and the fuel efficiency is indeed higher.

Now I try to only fill up xp95. The vibrations and gruff noise of the engine seem to be lower as well with xp95.
I've since driven my car extensively on XP95, after having driven it ~8k kms on 91 octane and I can easily say the FE is considerably higher than the extra price to be paid for it. My dad's been driving the car for commuting and the FE he's getting is 13-14! It used to be 11.x on 91 octane, sometimes even 10.x.

I also concur with the 3 cyl gruff. It's noticeably quieter and smoother. I've had a chance to make extended observation on both kinds of petrol
RoadMonkey is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 01:02   #486
BHPian

Hi,
After cancelling the bookings of the Innova and Jazz, we finally took delivery of our first choice, a GT TSI. We were lucky to get one in matt.

Car looks much better in the flesh than in pictures. SA has advised me against using any wax, polish, chemicals on paint surface. Normal wash at a washing center/ pressure spray is ok. Also to not use anything but a microfiber to dry wipe the car.

The ACC control unit display font is different in this GT TSI, and the position of temperature and blower speed has been interchanged. Will click a picture tomorrow and post.

I got the wheels painted gloss black, an OE armrest and a reverse camera from the dealer. Im not too happy with the guided lines of the camera, the perspective seems very off for now, will speak to the SA about it.

Will keep updating the thread, wish everyone a Happy Diwali.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-e726327187b64444a19e2d34358d4516.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-c4b10d72409f46d192e0c5c9e5f40608.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-1b1d4500b8994b0097201d5f2560093e.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-a2375133f2fe4b5e80dafb542f431497.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-f9d56a0f7d8a4e168dba74245afdf2c6.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-d8986c6da3454c899aff93365fff4865.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-1a1164b210d543129507ec167e338176.jpeg  

Last edited by satya180 : 2nd November 2021 at 01:06.
satya180 is offline   (55) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 07:10   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya180 View Post
Hi,
After cancelling the bookings of the Innova and Jazz, we finally took delivery of our first choice, a GT TSI. We were lucky to get one in matt.
Congratulations on getting a Matte coloured GT TSI. The matte colour looks hot in Polo

Any reason for cancelling the bookings of Innova Crysta and Jazz?
Old 2nd November 2021, 09:39   #488
BHPian

Thanks.

We had booked an Innova Crysta GX 8STR 2.4D AT, but cancelled it reading about the BS6 DPF issues being faced and my usage would not exceed the 6 km one way commute on most days. Did not want to live with an unreliable family car. I had agreed for the Innova because we have a 2years old kid now and I was willing to use it as a daily but the more I read, the more i realised how complex and new the tech is, and with norms getting stricter in 2023, i did not want to spend 25 big ones and live in uncertainty.

With the Innova cancelled I still needed a car. With a 8STR car out of the equation, i decided to just get a small personal car. My first choice was always a GT TSI but with none available immediately (I needed a car asap), I decided to check my second favourite hatchback, the Jazz. The lack of magic seats and ISOFIX was a real bummer, but we still ended up booking a Jazz ZX CVT. The 1.2NA did not excite me much, but then I needed a car and assumed I would be able to live with it. The LED headlamps and sunroof were slight pacifiers, but I was still miraculously hoping to get myself the GT TSI. I even sent my SA the Jazz and Innova booking receipts and told him to do whatever it takes.

In the meanwhile, reading a BHPians Polo x Safari crash episode, and the Linea toppled loaded container episode, I was sure that I needed a Polo over the Jazz as Im not sure how the Jazz would have fared in both the incidents.

I was letting out massive energy in the universe to get me a GT TSI, and just 3 days before delivery of the Jazz, i got a call from my SA that a matt GT TSI can be made available if I was willing to commit. I told him to book it without wasting even a second.

And here she is!
satya180 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 14:53   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was letting out massive energy in the universe to get me a GT TSI, and just 3 days before delivery of the Jazz, i got a call from my SA that a matt GT TSI can be made available if I was willing to commit. I told him to book it without wasting even a second.

And here she is!
Congrats, and here's for the universe that conspired to get you what you wanted!

And where's the photos?
ph03n!x is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 22:37   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Congrats, and here's for the universe that conspired to get you what you wanted!

And where's the photos?
Thanks.
Just scroll up the page a bit, you'll see the photos.
satya180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 00:02   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.
Just scroll up the page a bit, you'll see the photos.
Call it midnight effect! I saw the photos right before dozing off - didn't register in my head later

That's one got ride - gotta give it to VAG, they have kept the desirability of the Polo right up there! Enjoy your new ride, and create more memories with each mile!

Any mods in the making?
Old 3rd November 2021, 17:12   #492
BHPian

Quote:
we finally took delivery of our first choice, a GT TSI.
So it was yours
Congratulations satya. I spotted a matte Polo when I visited BU Bhandari dealership(hoping you took delivery from them) last Friday for giving my Triumph for annual service.

Here’s wishing you thousands of kms in Polo! Lovely pictures.
abhi_tjet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2021, 15:27   #493
BANNED

I'm deeply shocked, my VW Polo TSi MT, which has done barely 339 kms in the past 7 months (thanks to the pandemic), had a battery drain issue this morning, the VW RSA came up and fixed it. To my utter horror, with the car not being serviced even once, the check engine light has come up. What the hell these guys do, check engine light in a car having done less than 400 kms.

Also, the famed VW paint quality is trash, I can see the colour coming off on the hood liner edge that faces the driver.

Having driven a Chevy, Tata, Ford for some time now, this experience is truly shocking, many had advised me against a VW, I went ahead looking at the performance of the vehicle, this is a big disappointment.

Shall take it to the VW service center on Sunday and see what comes up.

This is just unacceptable.

Last edited by Torquedo : 4th November 2021 at 15:28.
Old 4th November 2021, 15:43   #494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
I'm deeply shocked, my VW Polo TSi MT, which has done barely 339 kms in the past 7 months (thanks to the pandemic), had a battery drain issue this morning,
Were you regularly starting the engine and idle it for some time at least couple of times a week? If the battery is not disconnected and car is kept idle, battery would drain.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2021, 15:49   #495
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Were you regularly starting the engine and idle it for some time at least couple of times a week? If the battery is not disconnected and car is kept idle, battery would drain.
Thanks Guna, battery drainage is something I was ready to live with, this check engine light coming up is really bothering me and I mentioned, the paint chipping off adds to my woes.

Would be thankful if any member having an insight on why this light might have come up, may share their thoughts.

Last edited by Torquedo : 4th November 2021 at 15:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks