Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2021, 23:37   #511
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

While I believe this color looks best under direct bright sunlight, sometimes the street lights illuminate the car just right

Tan colored seats would look really good with this colour IMO - if any Mumbai folks have a recommendation for a nice premium seat cover maker, do let me know.

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-inshot_20211110_232434380.jpg

Had a minor worry today - started the car after 3-4 days and just as I cranked the engine the check engine light blinked for 2 to 3 seconds and then disappeared. The car drove perfectly fine after that.

I did have a similar incidence earlier with the CEL but had ignored it as a one off thing then (that time too it was on starting the car after 5 days). Seeing this again today got me thinking - Any cause of worry?
Shreyas_H is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 13:28   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya180 View Post

I got the wheels painted gloss black, an OE armrest and a reverse camera from the dealer. Im not too happy with the guided lines of the camera, the perspective seems very off for now, will speak to the SA about it.
Congratulations on the new car!
This is definitely the best looking Polo I've ever seen. It looks classy with the matte paint while also looking sporty. Hoping to spot this on Pune roads.

Is this the BU Bhandari dealership on Pashan Road? It's on the way of my everyday commute and I've been wanting to visit it to check out the Taigun. I've heard some positive reviews about the dealership and I hope yours was good as well.
I'm surprised the dealership got the wheels painted for you, didn't know they do that as well so I'm curious how much did they charge you for it and was it a neatly finished job? Also did they provide any warranty for the paint?
Old 13th November 2021, 17:08   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Aviator View Post
I've heard some positive reviews about the dealership
I’ve had a great experience with them at Pashan. The SA who helped me moved to MG Motors showroom at Bund Garden (BU Bhandari). If Shivajinagar showroom is also ok with you, I can recommend Mr. Prabhakar Bhosale. Gem of a person. All the best!
sameer_vwagner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 09:27   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
While I believe this color looks best under direct bright sunlight, sometimes the street lights illuminate the car just right

Tan colored seats would look really good with this colour IMO - if any Mumbai folks have a recommendation for a nice premium seat cover maker, do let me know.
Polo is looking hot and rich! Lapiz Blue & Carbon Steel were two hot shots by VW India.

I too have Tan coloured seat covers from Orchis (Vikhroli) on my Lapiz Blue Ameo. In Mumbai, there is no better place than Orchis for seat covers. The work is OEM like and designs can be custom made. Go with a design in mind along with it's pic and meet Anil. He is the owner and will guide you accordingly. They always have cars lined up for seat covers daily, so have a prior appointment (Anil Shinde :098203 54254)
They charge 15% more than market however the workmanship & quality is lot better.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 14th November 2021 at 09:28.
VWAllstar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 11:12   #515
BHPian

BU Bhandari is a genuinely good dealer, and I believe has won Indias best VW dealer a few years ago.

We’ve bought multiple cars from them and not faced a single issue till date.

They do paint the wheels and callipers on request. Not sure how much they charge for the same. Their paint quality and finish is quite good and none of the cars we’ve painted the wheels of have had any problems. We had also got a gloss black roof wrap on the Ameo in 2017 from them, and its still in perfect condition inspite of being a serious workhorse and seeing the worst weather and being parked anywhere randomly.

Last edited by satya180 : 14th November 2021 at 11:18.
satya180 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 12:45   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post

I too have Tan coloured seat covers from Orchis (Vikhroli) on my Lapiz Blue Ameo. In Mumbai, there is no better place than Orchis for seat covers. The work is OEM like and designs can be custom made.
Thanks for sharing the contact details. I've got 3 recommendations so far

• Orchis
  • Trust car seat covers
  • Hi Tech car seats

All 3 seem to be rated well!
Old 16th November 2021, 09:28   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisissoumya View Post
If you are saying you are on a budget then comfortline AT fits the bill, more so if you are already stretching your budget for this car and have a Honda city in your garage. So yes, clearly from a value standpoint I would say go for the CL and save 1.5 lac.
I've put down the booking amount of 11k at the VW thane dealership for a Highline Plus AT. How was your experience with the dealership? This is the first time I'm buying a car and although I've told them that I won't be paying 8,900 for the Handling charges, I don't think I'll be able to negotiate any further w.r.t discounts on accessories. Your experience with the dealership and some insight on how I can go about the entire delivery (asking for discounts, finance) would be really helpful.
Old 16th November 2021, 12:01   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleflick View Post
Your experience with the dealership and some insight on how I can go about the entire delivery (asking for discounts, finance) would be really helpful.
I had to cancel my booking with Thane dealership and bought my Polo from AutoBahn Vashi. Thane guys could not arrange the vehicle after 2.5 months of waiting and there was no clarity as to when I can get the delivery. What was annoying me more was the fact that the folks had no enthusiasm to sell a car in spite of the fact that they were not flooded with bookings. So my experience with Thane VW was strictly average or below average. However they didn't make any delay in giving back the booking amount. One cancellation mail and I got the refund. Last week I was there to get a Roof spoiler for my car and the same below average experience continued. They are charging 2% extra for card payment . Also nobody comes to address your query unless you go and approach them. I am not going there again. Having said that, the workshop experience has been satisfactory.

For discount etc my suggestion is tell them what you want upfront. I don't think there is much to negotiate as far as the car and accessories go ( I am not a good negotiator anyways).
  • Try to get the insurance from outside in case you notice their quote is high, they had allowed me to buy insurance from my trustworthy agent.
  • I had not taken a loan so can not comment on the finance part.
For polo and Vento, the current waiting period is such that they don't hesitate to let a client go is what I feel. I suggest no harm in speaking to another dealer and see what they offer. PM me if you want contact details of vashi SA where I had a much better buying experience. Good luck
thisissoumya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 18:48   #519
Senior - BHPian

So one of the dealer in Delhi is giving 50k discount on Polo GT if I book the car this week. This is the year-end discount where they are saying that I need to put in the booking amount at the earliest, they'll confirm the order and then I can get the car registered in 2022.

Discount is applicable only on the GT variant and if I book Highline Plus AT then there's be no discount at all.

I'm not sure how this one dealer is offering such discount without the GT being in stock, he's asking for 1 month time for delivery. Color can be any, of my choice.

What's really the best time to get good discounts, year-end or year-beginning?

EDIT: Discount means I'll have to take the insurance from them though. He won't be throwing in anything additional at all, so this can be treated as pure cash discount or I can opt for accessories for the same price.
fine69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 13:30   #520
BHPian

If anyone on this forum has booked a Polo, please pray to the Almighty. Looks like he is fast tracking the requests of enthusiasts.

After reading BHPian satya180's post here, i started praying and following up with my SA for trying to get me a Matt finish Polo GT. There was absolutely no movement until an hour back when he called me up and asked if I could confirm the order and process the payment within 2 days, I gave him a go ahead and if all falls in place, a lovely Polo GT Matt edition can be delivered by the end of next week.

Am already thinking of getting the alloys painted in black and the calipers in red. Since the Polo might come fitted with Apollo / MRF rubber, am thinking of getting them replaced by either of Continental or Yokohama tyres. Any advice by fellow BHPians for tyres / mods will be highly appreciated (am planning to do it over a period of 3-4 months) cause I'm now planning a trip to Rajasthan in December with this beauty (am seriously thinking of getting new bulbs at least).

Will post pics once the car is delivered. Thanks!
sameer_vwagner is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 22:47   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisissoumya View Post
I suggest no harm in speaking to another dealer and see what they offer. PM me if you want contact details of vashi SA where I had a much better buying experience. Good luck.
I think a 2 month wait is fine for me, not too keen on getting it soon. But you mentioning 2+ months and no clarity on the delivery makes me wonder if I'd have to go through the same ordeal later on when the need of the car would be imminent. I can't PM yet hence you might have to share it here itself, or a DM on @throttleflick (Instagram) would do if you don't mind. And thank you for summing up my queries. Felt a whole lot confident booking my first car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer_vwagner View Post
If anyone on this forum has booked a Polo, please pray to the Almighty. Looks like he is fast tracking the requests of enthusiasts.
Haha, looks like I'm the only one here who has booked the car (at 12:34 pm 11th Nov) but isn't in a hurry. Reading your post and @thisissoumya's reply, I feel like I should follow up with the dealer regarding the delivery updates.

Quote:
There was absolutely no movement until an hour back when he called me up and asked if I could confirm the order and process the payment within 2 days, I gave him a go ahead and if all falls in place, a lovely Polo GT Matt edition can be delivered by the end of next week.
What about the PDI at the stockyard? Has the dealer allotted a car to you?

Quote:
... (am planning to do it over a period of 3-4 months) cause I'm now planning a trip to Rajasthan in December with this beauty (am seriously thinking of getting new bulbs at least).
Are you opting for the Philips ones listed in the brochure?

Looking forward to the delivery and pictures.
throttleflick is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 10:20   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Haha, looks like I'm the only one here who has booked the car (at 12:34 pm 11th Nov) but isn't in a hurry. Reading your post and @thisissoumya's reply, I feel like I should follow up with the dealer regarding the delivery updates.
Haha. Good you are not in a hurry, you can then negotiate better. And yes, its better to check with your SA once a fortnight. Volkswagen's allottments are a little off so better to check. Ex. my car was allotted in the middle of the month whereas cars allottments of cars like Polo / Vento happen towards the start of the month (as informed by multiple people in the dealership).

Quote:
What about the PDI at the stockyard? Has the dealer allotted a car to you?
Yes, the dealer has allotted the car to me. My SA shared the VIN as soon as the car was received in stockyard. I did not visit the stockyard though. Instead I requested him to get the car to the dealership which he agreed to. Car is manufactured in October 2021 and has MRF ZVTV rubber (manufactued in August 2021).

Quote:
Are you opting for the Philips ones listed in the brochure?

Looking forward to the delivery and pictures.
For the time being, yes. Opting for the Philips ones as listed in the brochure. Have fitted them on my 2016 Vento and found them a lot better than the ones company offers as standard. Planning to go for LEDs later.

I'm attaching a picture I took the other day when I went for pre-registration inspection.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-photo20211119095219.jpg  

sameer_vwagner is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 15:39   #523
BHPian

Ola!

2 months since i booked the Polo, was lucky to get the GT Matt edition delivered yesterday.

Delivery experience:
Loved the delivery procedure of Volkswagen Downtown. Since my mom (sr. citizen) was accompanying me & my wife, she was overjoyed to see a "pandit" to help perform the pooja on the car. The overall experience was lovely otherwise too. Service manager could not be available but he called to share his number. Also met their CRM and interacted with her.

Hardik (my SA) helped me with all the details of the car. Helped me set-up the dongle and walked me through the entire display and all. I was called a day prior to show the accessories fitted. Took about 45 mins for the overall delivery. Hardik surprised me by getting the tail lights done with a matt finish film to enhance the look of the Polo.

Am advised to try and keep speeds below 120kmph for the first 1000 kms to ensure engine gets used to the driving.

Driving experience:
This car BEGS to be driven hard. Downtown (Prabhadevi, Mumbai) to my house (Vasai, outskirts of Mumbai) was a lovely experience. Slot the gear in "D", release the parking brake and brake and the car simply launches itself. Torque converter gear box is good.

Mods:
Just got the tyres changed to Yokohama Earth 1. My dealer had newer Earth tyres (October 2021 made) than Continental (June 2021) so opted for them over the company fitted MRF ZVTV.

Am attaching a few pics (including the one of the Climate Control dials). Please forgive me for not cleaning the car. The watchman was away and since I'll be driving to Pune, did not take pain of cleaning it today.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20211125-3.15.14-pm.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20211125-2.49.10-pm.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20211125-2.48.49-pm.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20211125-2.48.39-pm.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20211125-2.48.33-pm.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20211125-2.48.24-pm.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20211125-2.48.12-pm.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20211125-2.47.54-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th November 2021 at 15:43. Reason: Adding some bold headings :)
sameer_vwagner is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 16:07   #524
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ola!

2 months since i booked the Polo, was lucky to get the GT Matt edition delivered yesterday.
Congratulations on the acquisition! One of the best lookers and handlers on the streets that one can buy in our market. Wish you many safe & happy miles with it. An ownership thread on the cards I hope? the matte edition really looks drool-worthy.

By the way - is it just me, or the front left door colour shade seems to be different than the rest of the car? Or its the camera playing games? In both the pictures that have this door visible - on my screen, the FL door seems to be in different shade, slightly darker.

Last edited by Reinhard : 25th November 2021 at 16:08.
Reinhard is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 17:18   #525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ola!

Congrats Sameer on your latest acquisition.

I think your GT shade is all set for some lip smacking mods, probably a glossy black paint to those alloys might be a good start

I also think there is some issue with the paint on the front left door as if it was the camera angle, even the front fender must have had a similar dark tinge. Please do get this verified.

Additionally, have VW updated the AC display unit on the latest Polo? It seems to very different. Can you please post more pictures of the interirors?
Vik0728 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed