Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2021, 00:20   #526
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Congratulations on the acquisition! One of the best lookers and handlers on the streets that one can buy in our market. Wish you many safe & happy miles with it. An ownership thread on the cards I hope? the matte edition really looks drool-worthy.
Thanks a lot man! Would love to start an ownership thread but my penmanship skills might lead to people dozing off. But yes sir, will try for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
By the way - is it just me, or the front left door colour shade seems to be different than the rest of the car? Or its the camera playing games? In both the pictures that have this door visible - on my screen, the FL door seems to be in different shade, slightly darker.
Many thanks for flagging it. I immediately sent this picture to my SA and he has asked me to get the car to the dealership as soon as i can. He said he will make sure this is rectified.

I did a paint protection filming from the dealership. Did that cause this? Just putting out a thought that came to my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Congrats Sameer on your latest acquisition.

I think your GT shade is all set for some lip smacking mods, probably a glossy black paint to those alloys might be a good start
Thank you! You just spoke my mind. Am going to take the car to the dealership for a glossy black paint to the alloys and (maybe) red paint for the calliper.

Quote:
I also think there is some issue with the paint on the front left door as if it was the camera angle, even the front fender must have had a similar dark tinge. Please do get this verified.
I agree, its not camera angle / lights. Let's see what the dealership says after checking it physically. The paint protection film has a 10 year warranty so in case there is any issue with that, they will make sure its rectified. Anyways VW has a good paint protection warranty so this will be rectified almost immediately.

Quote:
Additionally, have VW updated the AC display unit on the latest Polo? It seems to very different. Can you please post more pictures of the interirors?
Yes, there is some slight modification on the AC display unit. The display font has changed and so has the position of the dials for temperature control and fan speed. Will post pics of the interiors in a day or two.

Took the beast to Pune today. This thing drives a LOT better than my Vento. Am afraid the elder sibling will now have to sit in the parking lot as the Polo will drive us around.
sameer_vwagner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 08:05   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer_vwagner View Post
Took the beast to Pune today. This thing drives a LOT better than my Vento. Am afraid the elder sibling will now have to sit in the parking lot as the Polo will drive us around.
Congratulations Sameer. Quite unique shade for an already handsome looking car. Polo is admirable even after being the same for a decade. Hope you have many miles on this pocket rocket.
Which Vento do you own? 1.6 MPI? Vento is fun to drive on highways however not as nimble as the Polo.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 10:16   #528
BANNED

Congratulations sameer_vwagner. Your latest acquisition Polo matt finish looks amazing. Wishing you happy and safe miles with your car. I am now tilted to Polo now. Last week I got a call from VW dealer that they can deliver Polo highline 1.0 Tsi AT within 6 weeks as earlier they refused to take booking of the car. After this episode, I booked Nexon XZ plus. Now confused whether to go ahead with Nexon booking or cancel it and go ahead with Polo.
Somz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 10:36   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somz View Post
Congratulations sameer_vwagner. Your latest acquisition Polo matt finish looks amazing. Wishing you happy and safe miles with your car. I am now tilted to Polo now. Last week I got a call from VW dealer that they can deliver Polo highline 1.0 Tsi AT within 6 weeks as earlier they refused to take booking of the car. After this episode, I booked Nexon XZ plus. Now confused whether to go ahead with Nexon booking or cancel it and go ahead with Polo.
If you are ok with lower seating position, 4 + decent luggage capacity and 20% higher maintainence cost over Nexon then its an obvious choice to go for Polo 1.0 TSI AT. NO CAR is close to being so much fun and elegant at the same time in this price bracket.
P.S: Have not driven the i20 N Line however I feel its over priced and personal bias towards VW.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 11:14   #530
BHPian

Its tempting to say the least to see the images of freshly baked Polo's. Even 10 years down the line, it still catches my eye. Indeed this design is timeless.
Having said that, I called up the VW dealer on Hosur Road in BLR yesterday, enquiring if he had any stock of the Polo or the Vento. He informed me that he had 1 Vento Matt edition in stock and not even one Polo.

Said if I placed a booking now, it might take anywhere between 4 to 6 months for the car to be delivered. I actually am okay with that as well, just a little hesitant since not sure if VW will even produce the Polo anymore.

PS: Looking at the Highline+ MT since that's the max I can spend.
chaksjr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 15:07   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaksjr View Post
Its tempting to say the least to see the images of freshly baked Polo's. Even 10 years down the line, it still catches my eye. Indeed this design is timeless.
Having said that, I called up the VW dealer on Hosur Road in BLR yesterday, enquiring if he had any stock of the Polo or the Vento. He informed me that he had 1 Vento Matt edition in stock and not even one Polo.

Said if I placed a booking now, it might take anywhere between 4 to 6 months for the car to be delivered. I actually am okay with that as well, just a little hesitant since not sure if VW will even produce the Polo anymore.

PS: Looking at the Highline+ MT since that's the max I can spend.
I'll tell you what my SA told me - there is a good chance that the Vento might be phased out very soon. He went to the extent of telling me that the last lot of Vento has already been received and next month's allocations feature just 2 Polos and no Ventos.

Also, HL+ is a great car no doubt. If your heart is set on it, please go for it, you will never regret that decision. Only thing, please get the extended warranty for a total peace of mind for 6 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Congratulations Sameer. Quite unique shade for an already handsome looking car. Polo is admirable even after being the same for a decade. Hope you have many miles on this pocket rocket.
Which Vento do you own? 1.6 MPI? Vento is fun to drive on highways however not as nimble as the Polo.
Thanks a lot! Oh yes, this is a decade old design but still manages to turn heads. That is what we petrolheads agree on.

My mom (a senior citizen) has a different logic though. She said this Polo turns heads because it is noisy

I own a 2016 1.2 TSi Highline Vento. It is an amazing machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somz View Post
Thank you!

VWAllstar summed it up very well, go for Polo if you are cool with the things he mentioned. And yes, even i would opt for a Polo over the Nexon as the thrill of driving is unmatchable and the comfort of driving a VW is amongst the best in India right now.

How much of waiting has the Tata dealership quoted you? My friend (he booked a Nexon last month) has been quoted a 3-months waiting for XZA trim in Mumbai.
sameer_vwagner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 15:46   #532
BHPian

Quote:
I'll tell you what my SA told me - there is a good chance that the Vento might be phased out very soon. He went to the extent of telling me that the last lot of Vento has already been received and next month's allocations feature just 2 Polos and no Ventos.

Also, HL+ is a great car no doubt. If your heart is set on it, please go for it, you will never regret that decision. Only thing, please get the extended warranty for a total peace of mind for 6 years.
Yes like the Rapid, the Vento is on the way out, I am pretty sure of that. Anyway I won't be able to afford the Vento

I'll see what deal and delivery time I can get on paper for the Polo, will then consider it among the other numerous car's swimming in my head.
The EW will be a no-brainer, especially knowing how expensive parts for German cars can get. Thanks for the input Sameer, and congratulations on your beautiful car!
chaksjr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 17:01   #533
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

I got my Polo TSI HLP on August 25, 2021. I have driven it just above 1500kms.

I have few observations, if anyone can share their opinion/experience on the same.
-The gear sometimes get stuck while shifting gears
-I noticed 4-5 times that AC was not cooling, temperature was set around 23°-24° and engine was running for more than 10 mins but I could only feel blower and not the cool air
-Do you need to pair your phone always, because I see the message "cannot connect to phone" then I need to pair it again

One more suggestion I need. I went to 3M for a car wash (which was highly overpriced for a normal wash) but the lady there pointed out that there's some roughness on the exterior paint all around the body. She said that it's spray paint all around, very minute to be seen but I could feel as well. She suggested for claying inorder to get rid for that roughness.

I did not tell her that but my rear left passenger door got damaged (some biker changed lane and silencer side hit my door) and I got it repainted from the Service center, they did a fabulous job. The thing is, I do not remember if that roughness was after that repaint or before that.

Can anyone share a good detailing shop in Delhi NCR, with decent pricing. Do you suggest claying will get rid of rid. Should I ask service center?

The car is really fabulous and the way it drives, it makes me drive it more and more but due to WFH I am not able to drive it more.

P.s. The attached images are of August 2021
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-16379260795312.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-1637925996307.jpg  

Sahil00090 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 20:30   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil00090 View Post
Hi Everyone,

-I noticed 4-5 times that AC was not cooling, temperature was set around 23°-24° and engine was running for more than 10 mins but I could only feel blower and not the cool air
Hi Sahil,
Congratulations on the Polo. A fun car no doubt.

Regarding AC cooling, cars equipped with ACC cools in a different way than manual AC. If the set temperature is achieved, AC cooling is just enough to maintain that temperature. It’s pretty normal.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 26th November 2021, 21:01   #535
BHPian

Quote:

I got it repainted from the Service center, they did a fabulous job.
To check the difference in efficacy of AC, you may switch off the AC button and smell the blower only air. It smells a bit pungent/heavy (very slightly) whereas the conditioned air would have no such smell.

This could solve your predicament and get you nearer to an analysis to your question at hand.

As for the paint job, a workshop paint job is not 100% dust proof as factory and hence you would find some amount of roughness in paint due to the presence of minute dust particles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
Hi Sahil,

Regarding AC cooling, cars equipped with ACC cools in a different way than manual AC. If the set temperature is achieved, AC cooling is just enough to maintain that temperature. It’s pretty normal.
Just my 2 cents.
Else, the above is the answer to the question.

The auto climate control regulates the ambient temperature by controlling the AC cooling agent temperature and the air flow automatically. Hence, at equilibrium you will feel that the coldness in the air through the vents may be lighter, as if only blower is blowing
Old 26th November 2021, 23:42   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

I have few observations, if anyone can share their opinion/experience on the same.
-The gear sometimes get stuck while shifting gears
-Do you need to pair your phone always, because I see the message "cannot connect to phone" then I need to pair it again

One more suggestion I need. I went to 3M for a car wash (which was highly overpriced for a normal wash) but the lady there pointed out that there's some roughness on the exterior paint all around the body. She said that it's spray paint all around, very minute to be seen but I could feel as well. She suggested for claying inorder to get rid for that roughness.

I did not tell her that but my rear left passenger door got damaged (some biker changed lane and silencer side hit my door) and I got it repainted from the Service center, they did a fabulous job. The thing is, I do not remember if that roughness was after that repaint or before that.

Can anyone share a good detailing shop in Delhi NCR, with decent pricing. Do you suggest claying will get rid of rid. Should I ask service center?

The car is really fabulous and the way it drives, it makes me drive it more and more but due to WFH I am not able to drive it more.

P.s. The attached images are of August 2021
Congratulations on your buy, Sahil! The car looks stunning. Am sure you will love the many more miles you are set to achieve in this wonderful car. Any mods planned?

For the AC, i think the temperatures of NCR generally hover around mid 20s so you are just a degree or two lower. So you might not feel it to be very cool. In addition to the points mentioned by fellow BHPians, try setting the temperature to "Lo" and see if its cooling. If all that we suggested is not yeilding result, please take it to the service station and get it checked.

As to the gear, did you notice / feel this in upshift / downshift and between which gears?

As to the pairing, are there too many devices that are paired with your system? And was your phone connected to multiple bluetooth devices? I got an error last night but then my phone was connected to 2 different headphone sets and my smart band (3 different devices in total).
Old 26th November 2021, 23:51   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
Hi Sahil,

Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for responding. Yes, I understand that part about ACC but I noticed this thing when I drove the car for the first time in those day and I could feel hot inside the car, so I don't think car's inside temperature was around 23-24 when I started the car for the first time on those days.

My apology if I sound confusing but I hope you are getting what I am saying.
Old 26th November 2021, 23:58   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapilD View Post
To check the difference in efficacy of AC, you may switch off the AC button and smell the blower only air. It smells a bit pungent/heavy (very slightly) whereas the conditioned air would have no such smell.

This could solve your predicament and get you nearer to an analysis to your question at hand.

As for the paint job, a workshop paint job is not 100% dust proof as factory and hence you would find some amount of roughness in paint due to the presence of minute dust particles.

Else, the above is the answer to the question.

The auto climate control regulates the ambient temperature by controlling the AC cooling agent temperature and the air flow automatically. Hence, at equilibrium you will feel that the coldness in the air through the vents may be lighter, as if only blower is blowing
Let me add regarding paint that the spray paint marks can be felt on door glasses and other side of the doors also. Should I go for claying? Do you think it's worth it?

Regarding AC, actually I asked that because I experienced blower when I started the car first time on those days, I could feel hot inside so definitely the AC temperature was not at equilibrium with the inside temperature and still I could not feel cool air for like first 10 mins or so.
Old 27th November 2021, 09:38   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Ola!
2 months since i booked the Polo, was lucky to get the GT Matt edition delivered yesterday.
Congratulations Sameer! Finally the GT is in. The pictures and the background bring back memories from engineering college days

Quote:
Delivery experience:
Loved the delivery procedure of Volkswagen Downtown. Since my mom (sr. citizen) was accompanying me & my wife, she was overjoyed to see a "pandit" to help perform the pooja on the car. The overall experience was lovely otherwise too. Service manager could not be available but he called to share his number. Also met their CRM and interacted with her.
On your and thisissoumya's suggestion, headed to the Vashi dealership today as they can place an order for HL+ in Flash Red and can get the car in by December end. SA has also said that getting it in January might attract additional price rise on reg + base price of the car. I'm kinda bleh about the Flash Red since most of the dealers mention it is discontinued and I was set on the Sunset Red. If my mother says white, I'll get it in white. If all goes well, I will cancel the booking with VW Thane today itself.

Quote:
Am advised to try and keep speeds below 120kmph for the first 1000 kms to ensure engine gets used to the driving.
This is helpful. Is there an RPM limit as well? I remember staying below 4000 rpm on my Dominar 400 while running in the engine.

Quote:
Driving experience:
This car BEGS to be driven hard. Downtown (Prabhadevi, Mumbai) to my house (Vasai, outskirts of Mumbai) was a lovely experience. Slot the gear in "D", release the parking brake and brake and the car simply launches itself. Torque converter gear box is good.
The test drive car I drove felt so quick, and it was a GT as well. After being behind the wheel of a 2007 Innova for the past 14 years, driving any other petrol car felt lethargic. I can't remember being confident to overtake or even enjoy the drive on my friends i20 Manual and a Brezza. But this engine is just something more powerful (and sinister thanks to the TC) than the Innova and I'm very excited to be able to book it (again). Might be a while before I get used to it. I'm really looking forward to slot it in the tiptronic mode as and when I can.

Quote:
Mods:
Just got the tyres changed to Yokohama Earth 1. My dealer had newer Earth tyres (October 2021 made) than Continental (June 2021) so opted for them over the company fitted MRF ZVTV.
Was there an additional price difference on the tyre swap? Is the warranty the same as that of the stock ones?

Thanks for all the help and congratulations on the acquisition once again Sameer!
throttleflick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 12:32   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Let me add regarding paint that the spray paint marks can be felt on door glasses and other side of the doors also. Should I go for claying? Do you think it's worth it?

Regarding AC, actually I asked that because I experienced blower when I started the car first time on those days, I could feel hot inside so definitely the AC temperature was not at equilibrium with the inside temperature and still I could not feel cool air for like first 10 mins or so.
Clay doesn’t not take care of imperfections in paint. It only removes the grimes and dirt. For smooth finish of the paint, you need to consult the detailing shops and as far as I know, if there are irregular/unevenness or extra paint marks, you need to buff them out. Then get the polishing done to get the shine back.

As for the AC, please get your gas checked at the workshop!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks