Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2021, 19:08   #541
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleflick View Post
Congratulations Sameer! Finally the GT is in. The pictures and the background bring back memories from engineering college days
Yes bro, its finally here and boy it does bring the memories back.

Quote:
On your and thisissoumya's suggestion, headed to the Vashi dealership today as they can place an order for HL+ in Flash Red and can get the car in by December end. SA has also said that getting it in January might attract additional price rise on reg + base price of the car. I'm kinda bleh about the Flash Red since most of the dealers mention it is discontinued and I was set on the Sunset Red. If my mother says white, I'll get it in white. If all goes well, I will cancel the booking with VW Thane today itself.
Oh lovely! Heartiest congratulations buddy! I can't wait to see pictures of your car. Hope you have given them both the colour options. If not, please call your SA and let him know. And yes, there might be a price revision in January 2022.

Quote:
This is helpful. Is there an RPM limit as well? I remember staying below 4000 rpm on my Dominar 400 while running in the engine.
I'd suggest, keep it below 4000 rpm.

Quote:
The test drive car I drove felt so quick, and it was a GT as well. After being behind the wheel of a 2007 Innova for the past 14 years, driving any other petrol car felt lethargic. I can't remember being confident to overtake or even enjoy the drive on my friends i20 Manual and a Brezza. But this engine is just something more powerful (and sinister thanks to the TC) than the Innova and I'm very excited to be able to book it (again). Might be a while before I get used to it. I'm really looking forward to slot it in the tiptronic mode as and when I can.
Yeah man, this car is just another level. The driving experience is something that it is difficult to get at this price point.

Quote:
Was there an additional price difference on the tyre swap? Is the warranty the same as that of the stock ones?

Thanks for all the help and congratulations on the acquisition once again Sameer!
Yes. There was a difference of Rs. 13,000/- for the swap from MRF ZVTV to Yokohama Earth 1. The warranty for these is 2-years.
sameer_vwagner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 22:55   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer_vwagner View Post
Congratulations on your buy, Sahil! The car looks stunning. Am sure you will love the many more miles you are set to achieve in this wonderful car. Any mods planned?

For the AC, i think the temperatures of NCR generally hover around mid 20s so you are just a degree or two lower. So you might not feel it to be very cool. In addition to the points mentioned by fellow BHPians, try setting the temperature to "Lo" and see if its cooling. If all that we suggested is not yeilding result, please take it to the service station and get it checked.

As to the gear, did you notice / feel this in upshift / downshift and between which gears?

As to the pairing, are there too many devices that are paired with your system? And was your phone connected to multiple bluetooth devices? I got an error last night but then my phone was connected to 2 different headphone sets and my smart band (3 different devices in total).
Thank you ...no mods currently but I have seen some really tempting mods here. But I really like it stock, maybe in future I will try some mod.

Okay, I will check the AC by setting it to "lo"

I feel that while downshifting from 5th to 4th gear and 4th to 3rd gear.

No, only my phone is paired. But Yes, when I sit in car I do wear a smartwatch which is also connected to phone. Could this be a reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapilD View Post
Clay doesn’t not take care of imperfections in paint. It only removes the grimes and dirt. For smooth finish of the paint, you need to consult the detailing shops and as far as I know, if there are irregular/unevenness or extra paint marks, you need to buff them out. Then get the polishing done to get the shine back.

As for the AC, please get your gas checked at the workshop!
Thanks Kapil. The 3M lady was really pushing for claying. Will definitely check with some detailing shop. Do you know any good shop in Delhi NCR?

I will try this "lo" setting option which has been suggested above if I still feel it's not right then will get the gas checked.

Last edited by bblost : 27th November 2021 at 23:31. Reason: back to back.
Old 1st December 2021, 17:06   #543
BHPian

Has anyone here procured any sort of boot mat for the Polo?
Appreciate any leads that may come!!

Additionally, anyone else here had an issue with water dripping in the front passenger foot well when operating the rear washer?
How did you get it rectified?
Sending it to the workshop on Saturday. Looking for some prior knowledge.
Old 2nd December 2021, 19:49   #544
BHPian

Since it's Christmas season, my Polo decided to show some lights on the instrument cluster to light up the season

I was expecting this for sure but never thought I would have to face the song this early.

This happened almost 100kms away from my home. Until I parked the car, there wasn't any issues and when I came to start the car after a mere 15 minutes halt, the Speedo started dancing and I knew something was not right. But I continue the journey back home. There was a type of resistance from the brake pedal while modulating the speed only with brake during traffic but the braking efficiency was okay. After 8-9 kms suddenly the Christmas lights pop up.

The gears were fluctuating between 2nd and 3rd and it was not going beyond that. I kept it in manual mode for a while and after sometime slot it into D. Continued the journey till home and I never faced anything else after that.

Called up the service advisor and his reaction was okay, ABS sensor gone. We have them in stock. Hopefully no drama at the service center.

After driving cars for over 15 years and owning and using around 10 cars (2 of them were VW but not in India) over these years, this is the first hand experience of an ABS sensor failure. I believe the ABS sensors sold by VW in India are of sub standard quality.

Now my other concern is, will the other 3 be going soon enough? The fact is, I was well aware of this issue prior purchase and I didn't even used pressure washer, in order to avoid the premature ABS sensor failure. Yet this happened.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img20211202154357.jpg  

igemini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 23:42   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhik94 View Post
Has anyone here procured any sort of boot mat for the Polo?
Appreciate any leads that may come!!

Additionally, anyone else here had an issue with water dripping in the front passenger foot well when operating the rear washer?
How did you get it rectified?
Sending it to the workshop on Saturday. Looking for some prior knowledge.
Yes, the dealer gave me a boot matt as a part of the complimentary matting, mud flaps. I asked the acccesories person for the cost and he said this costs about Rs. 1,000/-. Let me know if you want me to post a pic for your reference.

Nope have not really faced the issue you mentioned about the water dripping. Please get it checked by a service centre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igemini View Post
Called up the service advisor and his reaction was okay, ABS sensor gone. We have them in stock. Hopefully no drama at the service center.

After driving cars for over 15 years and owning and using around 10 cars (2 of them were VW but not in India) over these years, this is the first hand experience of an ABS sensor failure. I believe the ABS sensors sold by VW in India are of sub standard quality.

Now my other concern is, will the other 3 be going soon enough? The fact is, I was well aware of this issue prior purchase and I didn't even used pressure washer, in order to avoid the premature ABS sensor failure. Yet this happened.
This early is insane for sure. I think they will get it replaced for free if within 2 years (please check on the parts warranty before you visit the SC).

I faced this issue in 2020. Between Jauary 3rd and February 26th, all my ABS sensors decided to give me heartaches one sensor at a time

Odometer reading: 38900 kms on first sensor error; 39500 on the last sensor error.

Also, a word of advice - please tell them you want to be present when they scan the car and check which sensor cranked off. Take a pic and keep it handy for future reference. The new part carries a 1-year warranty.

And honestly, this is on luck. My friend bought a car a week before i bought mine in 2016 and his car has shown just 1 ABS error for front right wheel (around 2018) and its been running without any issues other than this. I hope your case is similar to his.
sameer_vwagner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 14:41   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer_vwagner View Post
Yes, the dealer gave me a boot matt as a part of the complimentary matting, mud flaps. I asked the acccesories person for the cost and he said this costs about Rs. 1,000/-. Let me know if you want me to post a pic for your reference.

Yes a reference picture would be great! Appreciate it!

Thank you Sameer_vwagner
Old 3rd December 2021, 15:13   #547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil00090 View Post

Thanks Kapil. The 3M lady was really pushing for claying. Will definitely check with some detailing shop. Do you know any good shop in Delhi NCR?
Speak to Superluxe Automotives, Pashchim Vihar.
Contact person: Vimanya Naraini-9953950000

Take my reference (Black Abarth Punto).
sidindica is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 01:21   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Speak to Superluxe Automotives, Pashchim Vihar.
Contact person: Vimanya Naraini-9953950000

Take my reference (Black Abarth Punto).
Thank you sid for sharing the reference, I am planning a trip in few days will contact after I come back
Old 6th December 2021, 19:03   #549
BHPian

My Polo GT's first yearly service is approaching this week and I have an appointment for the same as well.
I was keen on taking the service value packs and I have been offered the following by VW service center.

2 Years RS 12,499
4+1 Years, RS 34,999

Can anyone, please advise how good / bad these will be? I heard Skoda is offering 4 years package for just RS 15,999. Was wondering if that would be the case for VW.

Or is it best not to opt for the SVP? Anyway I'm planning to do the wheel balancing and alignment outside. And I have no plans to do the 3M treatments either. So not sure if it will be worth for me. Any advice shall be appreciated.
Attached Images

Old 6th December 2021, 23:32   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by igemini View Post
My Polo GT's first yearly service is approaching this week and I have an appointment for the same as well.
I was keen on taking the service value packs and I have been offered the following by VW service center.

2 Years RS 12,499
4+1 Years, RS 34,999

Can anyone, please advise how good / bad these will be? I heard Skoda is offering 4 years package for just RS 15,999. Was wondering if that would be the case for VW.

Or is it best not to opt for the SVP? Anyway I'm planning to do the wheel balancing and alignment outside. And I have no plans to do the 3M treatments either. So not sure if it will be worth for me. Any advice shall be appreciated.
I have purchased this 4+1 service pack with my new Polo TSI. I heard that the usual service costs around 6-7k (don't quote me on this) so the pack seemed better especially with those add-on items included. Getting replacement of those things from VW A.S.S will anyway cost good, I suppose. So as per me, service pack is good.

Not sure about Skoda' service pack at 15k. What all is included in that and are they including replacement of these wear and tears components as well?
Sahil00090 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 21:42   #551
BHPian

Here is my long story short - Journey from booking to owning Polo Comfortline, and I don't want to start a new thread on my ownership (too lazy to document).

2017:
The idea to own the first car dates back to 2017 - After test driving Tiago and Baleno, We (My wife and I) decided to book Baleno from KHT Motors - Koramangala. The SA promised to deliver the car in under eight weeks, and he had no clue about the date even after 12 weeks! So we were frustrated and canceled the booking as other priorities took over.

2019 and 2020:
We were pretty happy with Ola/Uber; even during our pregnancy, cabs were available anytime at your fingertips, and we weren't required to own a car before the pandemic.

2021:
As the requirement for personal mobility grew more potent, we felt this was the right time to buy a car. So we started our hunt for the right car (Under 10Lacs) which we both could drive (fun fact: we are light years apart concerning height; She is 5 feet, and I am close to 6 feet), and automatic was the top priority

Even though we started again with Baleno/Glanza CVT, it was not really calling for us; some/how we were back to square one.
And felt Jazz CVT was a bit over our budget.
Then came the announcement of Polo Comfortline AT and Figo AT.
After an in-depth assessment, the vibes were strong with Polo, and we thanked the stars after hearing Ford's closure.

We got our car during the 1st week of September from PPS VW, Nagawara. SA, Krishna was courteous to us from day one till post delivery formalities.

Details that might help some of you:

Model: Polo Comfortline AT
-Ex-Showroom: 8,34,000
-Insurance: 31,000 (After bargain)
-2 years Extended Warranty(4+2): 16,888
-Five-year SVP: 34,000
-Freebie: Mudflaps and Mats

Showroom accessories:
-GT Badge: 700 Rs
-Spoiler: 8,000
-Black Mirror Caps: 1,300
-Body Side Chrome: 3,250
-Sear Covers from Elegance: 8,000

DIY upgrades from known sources:
-LED Cabin light
-LED Footwell and License Plate lights
-Auto Headlight Switch
-70Mai Dual Channel Dash/Rear cam

Folks who made me aware of the above upgrades:
Insta handles (few are part of our beloved TBHP community):
@that.red.4771
@fluidicjoy
@vag.star
@vagmaster_india

A big shout-out to the entire TBHP community for all the information and suggestions, helping amateur enthusiasts like me get the best from the automotive world. And I am hoping to contribute to fellow BHPians with whatever legit little information I can.

Snapped after going through a mining area near Hampi
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-20211209_213320.jpg  

TeaYesEye is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 20:12   #552
BHPian

Just finished 15 days on the Polo and am noting down a few things from my ~1500kms drive till now.

Was able to take this beauty to Pune twice and oh boy, this car does excites one to another level. The engine is lovely and the TC gearbox (though not as snappy as DSG) is superb. The downshits are just a tad bit slower & might need some getting used to but that's fine (maybe am a little critical here coming on the back of a 1.2 Vento TSi).

Expressway drive was a breeze and the car returned a mileage of ~19.8 kmpl (on e-way) and overall mileage of about 14.8 kmpl (stop and go traffic in Thane and Pune).

Got my Swagat service inspection at the BU Bhandari Service Centre at Wakad. In and out in about 2 hours. As usual, BU has been the best in service and this time too, no complains.

Although i used normal 91-Octane petrol for the first few days, got the XP-95 at Pune. Frankly, it has just driven around 200kms since then and there is a small increase in efficiency (that also has to do with lesser traffic on my way back to Vasai). Will update as i fill the XP-95 more.

Listing down a few pros and cons.

Pros
- Car is like a tank. Is super rooted even at high speeds.
- The THUD of the doors is from a different planet altogether.
- Driver comfort is another level. Dont feel tired driving this vehicle.
- The steering feedback is great.
- AC was phenomenal, no complaints.
- Apple Car Play works very well. (Will try Android Auto now)
- Yokohama Earth 1 proved to be a great choice. I have Continental CC5 for my Vento and initial experience says Yokohamas have a slight edge over the Continental.
- The car is a head turner (although my mom loves the quiter Vento, her logic is that people look not because of the Matt finish but because of engine noise )

Cons
- The colour is a dust magnet. Gets dirty real quick.
- Rear seating is a bit cramped.

Additionally, I did not post the interior pictures. @Rhik94 and @Vik0728, my apologies but will share the interior pics by Sunday latest.

As to the colour shade difference, BU Bhandari SA said he did not notice and honestly, to a normal eye, even i did not notice anything (we tried keeping the car at different locations and at different times to see but could not make out). That said, the SA said there is a paint protection from VW so in a rare case that there is an issue, it will be rectified immediately. They are planning to call someone from VW to inspect the LH doors for the difference in shade we noticed in the pics i posted. Will keep this thread updated.
sameer_vwagner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 21:56   #553
BHPian

Did my Polo GT's first annual service today at VW Cochin and it disappointed me and irritated me to the core.

The car had ABS sensor issues and due to which the car was at the service center since yesterday morning 9.30 and got it only by today around 6.30 pm.

The service advisor told me the ABS sensor at one of the front wheels were kaput and replaced it under warranty. And due to the warranty claim, they had to keep the car for 2 days there. Well, probably. No complaints on that.

After I reached home, I did a through inspection and what I found bleed my heart. They damaged one of my alloys (where they told me the sensor was replaced) and deep scratches on every single alloys. Deep scratch on the bonnet and the car was wet inside the co passenger foot well.

I kept my car in mint condition and it used to wash only by me to avoid even swirl marks and my alloys were looking like brand new when I have given the car for service.

VW India's service centers are garbage and they will damage your cars one way or the other. Let alone the part failures.

I owned a VW Golf for a good 5 years when I was abroad. After seeing what the VW service center did to my car today, I realised how VW service center is different in India and abroad. Infact, I owned a handful of cars over the last one and a half decade and I didn't recollect any service centers or even workshops causing damages to the alloy wheels. That too for all 4 wheels.

They don't even have a pry tool and they use only screw drivers to pry out plastic parts. VW India cannot teach their service centers till now.

Really disappointed as well as pissed off. The car was in a great shape and condition when I gave it, minus the ABS sensor issue. But what I got back is something I didn't expect from VW.

Bad experience and though I am in love with my car, VW India's service centers are so lame and filled with exceptionally careless technicians. Make me feel why I couldn't do the service by myself. The only feel good factor is that if all goes well, then I should have to bring the car to service only after an year. But certainly not to this work shop again. I possibly bring the car next time to a place where they allow the owners to watch the service.

VW service = Careless Technicians + Unnecessary Delay + Damages + Part failures on brand new vehicles and what not. Welcome aboard I guess.
igemini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 14:18   #554
BHPian

Hello!

Attached herewith are the pictures of the Polo interior. Have included the picture of the boot matt that my dealership gave me as a part of the matt and mud-flaps.

You all will notice that there is no legroom for a passenger behind me when am driving the car. That is the only downside and the reason why I will need to take the Vento out when we are travelling with my mom or my in-laws.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-image5.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-image6.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-image4.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-image3.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-image2.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-image1.jpeg  

sameer_vwagner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 21:46   #555

Hello BHPians,

Been a while since I gave any updates about my Matt GT.

Completed 2.5k on the Odo. So far, the driving experience has been great, with 80% in the city and 20% for short highway runs. The performance is good enough, the only downside I have found in the City is that the Creep speed of Polo is set a tad bit high which makes it difficult in bumper-to-bumper traffic scenarios. And, I notice that I need to wait for a longer time after a cold start for the engine to come back to its normal idle. Also noticed, the frequency of the cold starts in a day are more than any other cars I have driven.

Also, can anyone help me in deciding about an after market headlight housing with Bi-Xenon setup. I got a quote from a local shop of about 30k INR. which includes two housings with projector setups. I would like to know if these are easy to install and worth the money I would be spending.

I'm attaching the photos a Polo which had the same headlights.
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_8628.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks