Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2022, 13:54   #571
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post

AT would make the car much more versatile (multiple drivers in the family, all type of traffic/road conditions). However Polo is an exception where you can expect to be rewarded for driving a manual - put up with some pain of dealing with traffic and enjoy open roads when opportunity comes. Can be a blessing in disguise.
Agree - I'm moving from a DSG to a manual version soon. I got the same call for the carbon grey (my current color too), but I've ordered a red (in the absence of the blue). VW automatics are amazingly smooth to drive and commute, but for an enthusiast, without steering-mounted paddles, I do miss using all the engine power when I want to. The DSG sticks to higher gears, and downshifts dont happen as quickly as I would like. Cant wait to get delivery of the manual 1.0!
Cayman360 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 09:47   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedirah View Post
Folks, Volkswagen website no longer shows the Matt Grey edition for the Polo (although surprisingly it is available on the Vento). Does this mean I will not be getting the matt edition car for my booking made in November?
Try contacting the dealer to check or write to the CRM of your dealership and see if (s)he can intervene and check. VW is legendary for giving a govt office like response so better to get the dealer to check.

Quote:
Hi guys, it seems Polo allotments have started again. I was contacted by my dealer and he offered me a highline plus MT in Carbon Steel grey. Was a tough decision between the automatic and manual, but the dealer was of the opinion that there is very meek possibility of getting an automatic due to the chip shortage, even if I waited one more month for it. So I've decided to go ahead with the manual car. Hoping to take delivery sometime in the next two weeks!

On a side note, will I miss the auto gearbox in Bangalore traffic? My dad was of the opinion that I'll get used to it after a while. He himself drives a manual XUV300 diesel.
In a city stop and go traffic, the automatic (TC on Polo) is a blessing so yes, there is a good chance that you might miss the auto transmission. That said 2 of my friends have the TSi manual and they say that its very good. Point to be noted here is that they both stay in Pune and have a daily travel of about 14 kms with not much of stop and go traffic.

On a side note, please check with another dealership once to get a clear picture. In Mumbai, many dealerships have convinced people to move from Polo to Taigun so there can be some orders elsewhere that might have shifted but the car might still get allotted to the dealer. No harm in checking once.
sameer_vwagner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 11:16   #573
BHPian

Hello fellow BHPians,

I have a VW Polo 1.0 Tsi MT purchased from Kolkata. Currently I am in Hyderabad and my 1 year/ 15000 kms service is coming up ( due by March 5, 2022 or next 1400 kms).

I have seen numerous posts about the fraudulent activities at PPS Motors service centre in Hyderabad. The nearest service center for me is the PPS Motors Madinaguda Service Center.

Can anyone from Hyderabad / Secunderabad advise me where should I get the servicing done? Do you have any particular person under whom you get your car serviced? Any leads would be of superb help!!

Thank you!
Old 18th January 2022, 22:39   #574
Senior - BHPian

Booked Polo Highline Plus AT 1.0 (Flash Red color) today. I had the option of getting a 2021 red GT but the discount was a mere 25k so I decided to book the more sensible variant instead.

I never thought I'd get a red car for myself, that too a Polo. Well, midlife crisis calls for certain desperate stunts, so I pulled one today.

Few questions for the polo fanboys -

1) Is it better to get the spoiler from the dealership or an aftermarket one would be equally ok (I'm assuming it'd be cheaper as well).

2) Are paddle shifters an option for the new 1.0 AT unit? If yes, how much do they cost and from where can I get them?

3) Which are the must have accessories that I should get from the dealership itself? So far in my conversation the SA has agreed to try to give me mud flaps and mats for free but I'm assuming he'd make up for it in Insurance margin.

4) Is insurance too expensive at 49k, should I look for insurance from outside?

Dealer's quotation is below -

Polo 1.0 Tsi Highline plus Automatic(Flash Red)2022
BS-VI
•Ex-Showroom=999900
O-Dep Insurance=49709
Registration(Noida)=82492
Fast Tag=500.
Total=1132601
Scheme=Nil
Final Amount=1118000
Old 19th January 2022, 07:06   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Congratulations on the booking, Polo in red is indeed one good looking combo.

Yes the insurance is expensive, do check for quotes on policybazaar and cover fox, add covers like zero depp, consumables, road side assistance, and some others which you like like, keep the IDV at 95% of the ex showroom price of the car. Either you can purchase it yourself or ask the dealer to match the quote, they normally do.

Once the car is sold, it's you, your insurance provider and the service center, showroom plays not much role.
Old 19th January 2022, 08:14   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer_vwagner View Post
On a side note, please check with another dealership once to get a clear picture. In Mumbai, many dealerships have convinced people to move from Polo to Taigun so there can be some orders elsewhere that might have shifted but the car might still get allotted to the dealer. No harm in checking once.
Thanks to you I re-checked with my dealer and there had been a big miscommunication. The car being allotted to me is, in fact, the HLP AT, not a manual. It is on the way here from the Chakan plant. I have asked for a revised quotation from the dealer and the process should be completed by today.
vedirah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 09:29   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

2) Are paddle shifters an option for the new 1.0 AT unit? If yes, how much do they cost and from where can I get them?
You will need to change the entire steering wheel which has paddle shifters. There is a Polo ownership thread with DYI details on this topic.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 09:55   #578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

BS-VI
•Ex-Showroom=999900
O-Dep Insurance=49709
Fast Tag=500.
Total=1132601
Scheme=Nil
Final Amount=1118000
Congrats! What is the delivery period now? Also, do share pictures when you see the car. New red Polos' are drool worthy.
Old 19th January 2022, 10:23   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to you I re-checked with my dealer and there had been a big miscommunication. The car being allotted to me is, in fact, the HLP AT, not a manual. It is on the way here from the Chakan plant. I have asked for a revised quotation from the dealer and the process should be completed by today.
Hearty congratulations man! This car will make you fall in love with it and driving all over again. Great buy.

Quote:
Booked Polo Highline Plus AT 1.0 (Flash Red color) today. I had the option of getting a 2021 red GT but the discount was a mere 25k so I decided to book the more sensible variant instead.

I never thought I'd get a red car for myself, that too a Polo. Well, midlife crisis calls for certain desperate stunts, so I pulled one today.

Few questions for the polo fanboys -

1) Is it better to get the spoiler from the dealership or an aftermarket one would be equally ok (I'm assuming it'd be cheaper as well).

3) Which are the must have accessories that I should get from the dealership itself? So far in my conversation the SA has agreed to try to give me mud flaps and mats for free but I'm assuming he'd make up for it in Insurance margin.

BS-VI
•Ex-Showroom=999900
O-Dep Insurance=49709
Fast Tag=500.
Total=1132601
Scheme=Nil
Final Amount=1118000
Congratulations on your booking.

1) I'd suggest check boodmo once and see the price difference (if available). For fitting, i think there should be some thread here on TeamBHP that can help you with a good chap in NCR that can do a great job.

2) No, it is not an option available readily. You'll have to order it from aliexpress and then get down to assembling it here. Also, not sure its effect on the warranty.

3) Mud flaps and matts are standard and the cost for this is generally recovered under "depot charges" or "documentation charges". If you are travelling with people behind then maybe a VW genuine sunblinder is a good addition. I also took the boot matt which came in handy when we went to Alibaug near Mumbai.

4) Yes, please check the cost outside. Policybazaar will offer at half of this. I spoke to Tata AIG and they got me zero-dep for Rs. 23,000/- for my Polo GT in Mumbai.

Hope this helps.
sameer_vwagner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 13:09   #580
BHPian

Sapphire completed 10,000 kms milestone on January 1st. My bad luck continues, took her out on a joy ride after 14 days and came back home on space saver on the front left after suffering a tyre burst on Noida-Greater Noida Expressway, I went into a pothole at high speed. Will be getting new tyres for all 4 wheels.

While the blue colour looks good on the Polo but its a bit of a struggle to keep the car clean. No issues with the car after the major accident in Oct'21.

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20220101_152407.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20220101_160518.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20220118_133124.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20220118_140349.jpg
sinharishi is online now   (17) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 14:16   #581
BHPian

Greetings everyone!

Our Tata Nano is about to turn 10 in a few months and has served us well. We've started to look around for a replacement and have finally landed on the Polo Comfortline TSI. Polo ticks all the boxes but one; reliability. Is the 1.0 TSI reliable enough?(of course with proper maintenance). We expect service expenses to be on the higher side but the car itself should not fail on us like the infamous DSG woes. It would be really helpful if Polo owners could shed a light on this one.

Regards
Old 22nd January 2022, 23:32   #582
BHPian

Quote:

Hi,

1. Buy the spoiler from Karol Bagh, you’ll get it for much cheaper.

2. For paddle shifters you’ll have to change the steering wheel.

3. For Accessories I’ll again recommend Karol Bagh. You’ll get literally anything & everything there at competitive prices.

4. Buy insurance from outside and you’ll save at least 40-50%. My friend got TATA AIG insurance for his new polo for 25k from carinsurancexperts.com

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd January 2022 at 07:19. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Old 23rd January 2022, 21:00   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
You will need to change the entire steering wheel which has paddle shifters. There is a Polo ownership thread with DYI details on this topic.
Would this void the warranty?
Old 23rd January 2022, 23:18   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post
Would this void the warranty?
I would think, technically it does void the warranty. Please check fluidicjoy's thread (link below) and ask him how he dealt with so many mods including the steering swap without affecting the warranty.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...automatic.html (Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic)
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 02:22   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
suffering a tyre burst
On Friday got new set of tyres, upgraded to 205/55/R16 Continental UC6. Also got LEDs installed on high and low beam + parking bulbs. Very happy with the output! All thanks to BHPian Viraat!

Parking + Fogs

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20220122_194401.jpg

High + Low beam

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20220121_224742.jpg

Low beam only

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20220121_224640.jpg

Steering has gone a bit heavy, loving this upgrade!

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20220123_124642.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20220121_153855.jpg
sinharishi is online now   (16) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks