Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2022, 10:38   #616
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Reposting since I need advice ASAP

Hello fellow BHPians,

I have a VW Polo 1.0 Tsi MT purchased from Kolkata. Currently I am in Hyderabad and my 1 year/ 15000 kms service is coming up ( due by March 5, 2022 or next 1100 kms).

I have seen numerous posts about the fraudulent activities at PPS Motors service centre in Hyderabad. The nearest service center for me is the PPS Motors Madinaguda Service Center.

Can anyone from Hyderabad / Secunderabad advise me where should I get the servicing done? Do you have any particular person under whom you get your car serviced? Any leads would be of superb help!!

Thank you!
Old 7th February 2022, 13:25   #617

Hello Bhpians,

Completed 11k kms on my Carbon Steel Polo Highline+ AT.

Observations -
1. The car is fun to drive in and around the city, my parents absolutely love the dimensions and the punchy power delivery of the car.

2. The TSI motor feels alive on the highways, overtaking is very easy and the transmission downshifts whenever needed.

3. The stock seats felt uncomfortable during long trips, have installed seat covers with minimal foam to make the drive more comfortable.

4. Have installed the engine guard along with the dual horn kit post delivery.

5. Stock headlights are useless, need to upgrade the same asap.

6. Tyres changed to stock size Continental UC6.

Completed few road trips post its delivery (July, 2021). Few pictures -

Just after the delivery.
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20210626_12474401.jpeg

Road trips.
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20210904_12021201.jpeg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20210906_103756.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20211228_12382401.jpeg

With other members of the family.
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20210724_16065201min.jpeg
VTEC_Powaaaa is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 15:50   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC_Powaaaa View Post
Hello Bhpians,

Observations -

Hi!

That is one good looking Polo, despite being a dust magnet carbon steel looks really good!

Could you please tell how much did the engine guard cost you and is it a genuine part available from the authorised service centre? Also can it lead to overheating of the engine?

Regards.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 11th February 2022 at 10:11. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Old 7th February 2022, 17:16   #619

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt3t0uring View Post
Hi!
That is one good looking Polo, despite being a dust magnet carbon steel looks really good!
Could you please tell how much did the engine guard cost you and is it a genuine part available from the authorised service centre? Also can it lead to overheating of the engine?

Regards.
Hi,

This is the part number. It costed around 10k, got it from VW. Does not cause any kind of overheating.
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220207-17.10.03.jpeg
VTEC_Powaaaa is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 22:04   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhik94 View Post
Reposting since I need advice ASAP

Hello fellow BHPians,

I have a VW Polo 1.0 Tsi MT purchased from Kolkata. Currently I am in Hyderabad and my 1 year/ 15000 kms service is coming up ( due by March 5, 2022 or next 1100 kms).

I have seen numerous posts about the fraudulent activities at PPS Motors service centre in Hyderabad. The nearest service center for me is the PPS Motors Madinaguda Service Center.

Can anyone from Hyderabad / Secunderabad advise me where should I get the servicing done? Do you have any particular person under whom you get your car serviced? Any leads would be of superb help!!

Thank you!
Try Volkswagen Mehidipatnam: Mody Motors. The experience is good!!! Mr Mustafa/Mr Nagraj. I have some good memories of their attention to detail and accomodative attitude.

Regards
Bharath

Last edited by bharath79 : 7th February 2022 at 22:05.
bharath79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 22:49   #621

Hello Bhpians,

Just got my Polo TSI comfortline MT delivered two days back.
Name:  Screenshot 20220207 at 22.39.48.png
Views: 2469
Size:  549.4 KB

Being a dieselhead and having lived with Swift diesel, my initial consideration was Altroz diesel due to higher running requirements, but the polo was available for immediate delivery and a single test drive sealed the deal for me.

After driving it 250kms in two days, Im happy with my decision to go with polo.
The 1.0 TSI is a gem, It acheives speeds of 80-90km with ease and on the highway the engine is barely awake at 1.5 - 2k rpm and knowing that there is still 4000 rpm of usable power is amazing.
It takes a great deal of self control and mindfulness to drive this car at a slower pace.

However, the alternate thread about the poor quality of suspension and steering column of the current VW products is giving me a heartburn since the purchase.

Im following the recommended methods regarding the run in period, But i would like to get a few pointers from my fellow polo owners regarding the run in period and are there any reliability issues with the current TSI engines.
Cheers
Praneeth is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 01:18   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praneeth View Post
Im following the recommended methods regarding the run in period, But i would like to get a few pointers from my fellow polo owners regarding the run in period and are there any reliability issues with the current TSI engines.
Cheers

Congratulations on your new beauty! Comfortline sure is VFM given the performance it delivers plus those alloys!
By the way, what year your Polo is from?

Regards.
gt3t0uring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 02:13   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Bhpians,

Just got my Polo TSI comfortline MT delivered two days back.
Attachment 2269691

Being a dieselhead and having lived with Swift diesel, my initial consideration was Altroz diesel due to higher running requirements, but the polo was available for immediate delivery and a single test drive sealed the deal for me.

After driving it 250kms in two days, Im happy with my decision to go with polo.
The 1.0 TSI is a gem, It acheives speeds of 80-90km with ease and on the highway the engine is barely awake at 1.5 - 2k rpm and knowing that there is still 4000 rpm of usable power is amazing.
It takes a great deal of self control and mindfulness to drive this car at a slower pace.

However, the alternate thread about the poor quality of suspension and steering column of the current VW products is giving me a heartburn since the purchase.

Cheers
Congratulations on your purchase

I have completed almost 6k kms and broke some run-in period rules (only a few time for some kms) but car doing really good so far.

Enjoy your ride mate.
Sahil00090 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 08:05   #624

Quote:
Congratulations on your new beauty! Comfortline sure is VFM given the performance it delivers plus those alloys!

Regards.
Thank you. Indeed the Comfortline variant covers most of the basic and safety features for a car.

Quote:
Its a 22 manufactured vehicle.

Cheers

Last edited by suhaas307 : 11th February 2022 at 10:12. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Old 8th February 2022, 08:17   #625

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil00090 View Post
Congratulations on your purchase clap
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil00090 View Post
I have completed almost 6k kms and broke some run-in period rules (only a few time for some kms) but car doing really good so far.
It is impossible not to break a few run-in period rules. Especially if someone is aggressively trying to overtake us. Drop down a few gears and wave goodbye.

Cheers
Praneeth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 09:52   #626
HMV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC_Powaaaa View Post
Hello Bhpians,

Observations -

VTEC_Powaaaa, congratulations for the car! It’s still a brilliant and quality car. We recently took delivery of the Vento TSI too and it’s an amazing car. Enjoy the Polo!

BTW, can you share the details about the Dual-Tone Horn? I ordered low-tone Horn (Part No.: 6RF951221B) from Boodmo and they are taking too long to deliver, it’s been almost 15 Days but they still haven’t dispatched it. Even my ASC doesn’t have it in stock. Any details about it will be helpful.

PS: VW now uses ‘HITGT’ horns for Polo/Vento while earlier cars used to get ‘Made in Spain’ Horns from Clarton. They sounded more pleasant. How is the output from your Dual-Tone Horns currently? For those who are interested, the connector for horn is already present on the right side of the car behind the headlight harness. It’s just the horn that’s required to get Dual-Tone Horn upgrade.

Last edited by HMV : 8th February 2022 at 10:01. Reason: Added more information and made some corrections.
HMV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 09:21   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Bhpians,

Congratulations, Praneeth, on your new ride. Welcome to the TSI family

Do not lose your sleep on people's opinions. Polo is still one of the best-built cars. To share my experience, I have driven for about 12 hours straight through different terrains like smooth roads, no-roads, ghat sections, cruised at 120kmph, etc., and I still had enough energy to drive more!!

I agree it's not what it was back then, but locally sourced does not mean cheap quality! Trust the process, enjoy your ride and live the moment!!

Remember there was no and will be no "Perfect" car!!
TeaYesEye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 23:08   #628
BHPian

I have completed 13k km on my Highline+ AT And the lumbar part of the seat is the worst on this vehicle. My lower back was almost crying during recent 1000km trip. Need to do something as soon as possible after reaching home. If any Bhpians have any suggestions about Seat comfort upgrade please let me know.

Thank you

Last edited by suhaas307 : 11th February 2022 at 10:12. Reason: spacing for improved readability
MayurS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 23:40   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayurS View Post
I have completed 13k km on my Highline+ AT And the lumbar part of the seat is the worst on this vehicle. My lower back was almost crying during recent 1000km trip. Need to do something as soon as possible after reaching home. If any Bhpians have any suggestions about Seat comfort upgrade please let me know.
Thank you
This is the one I am using on my car. I used to feel terrible after just 250km drive, but now it's better. I use it to support my lower back.

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-27b99be045574b17a257cfe50c07de8d.jpeg

P.S: I am not endorsing this brand and you can go for any brand which are not overtly soft or spongy.

Don't go for mesh type back support, they don't provide much support and are very flexible.

I wasted money on this:

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-6643332b50444dbdaa28f6fb88234f6d.jpeg

Last edited by amvj : 9th February 2022 at 23:46.
amvj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 09:57   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
This is the one I am using on my car. I used to feel terrible after just 250km drive, but now it's better. I use it to support my lower back.

Attachment 2270492

P.S: I am not endorsing this brand and you can go for any brand which are not overtly soft or spongy.

Don't go for mesh type back support, they don't provide much support and are very flexible.

I wasted money on this:

Attachment 2270493
Thanks a lot buddy. Will try out this soon and let you know how it goes.
MayurS is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks