Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2022, 17:33   #661
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Hello, BHPians!

My current ride is a 2013 EcoSport Diesel Titanium+ which has clocked 1.90 Lakh kms and still young as ever.

Thanks
Tanveer Singh Kohli

Good to see you here buddy.

My two cents:

Check out the XUV-700, it's well built, has the latest tech, both engines are very good performers, and the lower and mid variants offer amazing value.

If you are not keen on the Mahindra, then pick between Slavia/ Virtus or Kushak/ Taigun.

You may also look at used VW Tiguan TDIs - super-refined, powerful, and a TRUE German experience (available from around 18 Lac onwards)

If I were you, my 1st preference would be a Used Tiguan TDI, followed by Slavia/ Virtus (will choose basis driving experience), and last Kushak.

Best of luck
maglev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 06:55   #662
BHPian

Quote:
Hello, BHPians!

My current ride is a 2013 EcoSport Diesel Titanium+ which has clocked 1.90 Lakh kms and still young as ever.

Since I live in Delhi, the car only has another 18 months left to attain its 10th year and I’m looking for an appropriate replacement.

My daily drive is around 70 Kms with a mix of traffic free spirited driving and quick overtakes in the outer areas of the city.

I’m looking for a good built coupled with a peppy engine hence, NA’s are absolutely out of question. Although, I’m a fan of the Korean Twin Diesels (Seltos and Creta) but they don’t live upto the the build standards of the EcoSport.

Kushaq is still an option but going by the niggles and deletion of auto foldable ORVM’s, I’m a bit off. Somehow, I find the Polo to be a worthy competitor as a replacement for my EcoSport. To some, it might appear as a downgrade but the situation for EcoSport owners is surely like Beggars can’t be Choosers.

Apart from the EcoSport, I’ve the new i20 Asta and XL6 but both aren’t meant for spirited driving.

My core interest revolves around build and drive hence, Polo as the say, the last of the Germans (in this price bracket) is what I’m leaning towards in the Highline Plus trim.

Looking forward to your inputs.

PS - I’m open to options till 16L OTR but a bit inclined towards Polo hence, request you to please be forthcoming with all the help you can. It’s not about Diesel or Petrol, my dilemma is all about Build and Spirited Driving.

Thanks
Tanveer Singh Kohli
The 1.0 litre TSI ambition variant of the kushaq should come under your budget. Please check it out!
yuvmudapa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 16:16   #663
BHPian

Hey guys! I've completed 2k kilometers on my Polo today. There is an annoying squeaking noise from the front center armrest. It becomes unbearable on bad roads. Is this a common problem? And what's the fix for this?
Old 24th February 2022, 21:24   #664
BHPian

Quote:

PS - I’m open to options till 16L OTR but a bit inclined towards Polo hence, request you to please be forthcoming with all the help you can. It’s not about Diesel or Petrol, my dilemma is all about Build and Spirited Driving.

Thanks
Tanveer Singh Kohli
My suggestion would be Taigun 1.5 GT MT. Yes it would exceed your 16 lakhs budget by a couple of lacs but that’s a fun car to drive and will keep you happy for years. I believe the same 1.5 TSI and MT combo would be offered with Slavia/Virtus for which you will have to wait a bit. Depends on whether you prefer a SUV or a sedan.
I have nothing against Polo and if it’s the 1.0 TSI you are after then Polo is more fun to drive than Taigun/Kushaq 1.0 TSI
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 22:01   #665
BHPian

Quote:

The Polo is out of question now and it’s gonna be a choice between Kushaq and Taigun.
If you can accept the quality of materials used in the interiors of Taigun/Kushaq and the lack of soft touch points in the cabin for the price, you should absolutely go ahead with the car. The car is great to drive. I would recommend you to smartly choose between the Taigun/Kushaq, because Kushaq gets some extra useful feature, such as LED projector headlamps, but many owners have reported niggles and squeaks in the interiors. On the other hand, no such major niggle or cabin squeaks have been reported on the review thread of Taigun.
Also, if you are open to Sedans, I would suggest you to check out the Slavia/Virtus as many people/reviewers said that the interior quality is supposedly a bit better than the Kushaq/Taigun.

Quote:

By the way, Vento is available at a cash discount of 1.75 Lakhs.

Again, thank you so much for your help.
This struck me. Is this discount available on the Manual guise of the Vento, on highline or highline plus model? I called the dealer a couple of days back and refused to give any discounts and said that the Vento is not discontinued and there is no offer from VW end .
FrAgile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 16:21   #666
BHPian

I'd suggest if you're open to used cars, you can go for a newer EcoSport(2018-19 batch, Titanium+ or S TDCi) as it has more features than the current EcoSport. Polo is also a very good choice but petrol FE and rear seat space is a big downer. I was on the verge of getting a Nexon XZ+ but i ended buying another EcoSport itself because Nexon too wasn't quite premium on the inside and the niggles in TAMOs cars. Rightly said, once you drive EcoSport, it's very tough to adapt to other cars, especially Koreans(thought they have features, they are still behind when it comes to dynamics and overall maintenance).

XUV300 also can be considered too.

FYI, only a very few stocks of Polo are available and not everyone have free stock of Polo.

Last edited by jithin23 : 25th February 2022 at 16:23.
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 19:17   #667
BHPian

Guys which car do you think among the Polo TSI MT & Taigun 1.5 MT is more fun to drive and has better performance?

A friend in his 20s is looking to buy a performance oriented car and has zeroed to these 2 cars.

Space and features don’t matter, he is just concerned with the performance (acceleration, high speed cruising and handling).

Kindly comment !

Last edited by divyadeeptsi : 27th February 2022 at 19:18.
Old 27th February 2022, 19:52   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyadeeptsi View Post
high speed cruising
Only for this I would choose Taigun, Polo leaves a lot to be desired with stock suspension setup. I will repeat this again, ride on Polo is "highly overrated".
sinharishi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 21:24   #669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys which car do you think among the Polo TSI MT & Taigun 1.5 MT is more fun to drive and has better performance?
!
Definitely Taigun 1.5 MT as that engine is much better in performance. While I have not driven Taigun, but Kushaq 1.5 based on my experience is a hoot to drive, Taigun should be same too.

Polo is a great pick in 1 TSI.

My suggestion would be Taigun 1.5 if budget is not a problem - faster, more features, bigger vehicle and fun to drive too.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 28th February 2022 at 14:37. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Old 28th February 2022, 11:44   #670
BHPian

Greetings everyone!

After reading about turbocharged engines I wonder how many people actually follow the "idling rule", or is it even necessary if the car has done a long trip but didn't cross 2000 RPM mark?

Any insight from Polo TSI owners will be appreciated!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 2nd March 2022 at 10:59. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Old 28th February 2022, 12:34   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt3t0uring View Post
My other car is a diesel and I have a habit of idling cars before and after a drive. Polo TSI settles down after 45seconds of idling, you can see the RPM needle go below 1k. I idle the car for more than a minute before switching it off completely.
sinharishi is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 08:20   #672
BHPian

I have followed this rule with my 1.3L Turbo Diesel Swift Dzire for over 11 years. It has helped. I plan to follow it with my new (soon to be delivered) 1L Turbo Polo.
Old 2nd March 2022, 13:05   #673
BHPian

Quote:

Space and features don’t matter, he is just concerned with the performance (acceleration, high speed cruising and handling).
Between the Polo 1.0 MT and Taigun 1.5 MT, the latter should be fun to drive. During the test drives, I was able to drive the 1.0 and 1.5 TSi engines back to back and I loved how the 1.5 pulled from stop.

I switched from the Polo to Taigun 1.0 AT (budget constraints and sanity prevailed) and it is a hoot to drive. The car handles great on ghats is planted and a capable high speed cruiser.

But the Polo would be marginally better at handling given its proportions. If your friend can invest the premium he pays on the Taigun to upgrade the stock suspension setup of the Polo, better brakes, good tyres and, an engine remap later in the life of the car to extract decent performance out of the 3 cyl, he should go with the Polo. This was my plan too but I ended up with the Taigun for its compact dimensions (in its segment) and better space on the inside.
throttleflick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 16:34   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt3t0uring View Post
Greetings everyone!

After reading about turbocharged engines I wonder how many people actually follow the "idling rule", or is it even necessary if the car has done a long trip but didn't cross 2000 RPM mark?

I have a 1.0 TSI AT Polo. I don't idle at all. Modern engines can go from the moment you turn the ignition. The only requirement is to drive slow and not let the revs climb up for the first couple of minutes.
Old 4th March 2022, 16:52   #675
BHPian

Completed My 15000KM/One Year Service on 21st Feb 22. Costed me around 3900 rupees. Labor was free. I also changed my air filter too as I am running a euro spec intake on my car. Car is a lot smoother after the service
MayurS is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks