Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2022, 20:59   #751
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

I decided to go with Polo GT despite having a 2014 Rapid 1.6 TDI (similar driving dynamics). There is no other car in the market under 30L that I would buy whole heartedly other than the Polo GT.
I've been looking to buy a used Polo GT TDI for almost 8 months now but couldnt find a car that met my requirements.
Last December I visited VW Bangalore, Hosur Road to enquire and book the Limited edition Polo GT, As soon as i walked in they greeted and asked me if they could help and I asked about the Polo GT, even without asking me to take a seat they just said all polo GTs are soldout, even the TD vehicle is sold, it's just sad to see they don't care about a potential customer, (maybe it was because I visited the showroom in a bike and they judged that I wouldn't buy a car). Thankfully a lady sat down with me and assured me if i booked within the week she might be able to deliver one Matt Grey Polo GT within 2 months, But I wasn't really sure about the delivery promise and forgot about it.
Last monday, 6th April 2022, I woke up and saw the powerdrift post about the last edition of Polo Gt, the Polo GT Legend. I waited till 10 AM and called up VW Bangalore, Hosur Road and they said all 700 untis were sold out. I called up multiple VW dealers in bangalore, even the VW helpline to get more information but to no avail.

In the evening my gym owner called up Ramani Cars Hosur, and they said there was one Grey Polo GT available and I immediately decided that I would book it.
I couldn't visit the showroom on tuesday, but I called them on wednesday to ask if the car was still available, unfortunately the Grey was booked, but they said the last Flash Red Polo GT was available. I am not a fan of red cars, but beggars can't be choosers so I immediately rushed to the dealership, the manager and my Sales adviser were very friendly, sat down with me for an hour, paid the 50k booking amount.
I was expecting 1 or 2 month delivery time frame, but they said this car was allocated to a customer but he cancelled after 4 months waiting. If all things went smoothly I could take the delivery as early as next week.
*fingers crossed with excitement*.
k491 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 11:48   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k491 View Post
I decided to go with Polo GT despite having a 2014 Rapid 1.6 TDI (similar driving dynamics). There is no other car in the market under 30L that I would buy whole heartedly other than the Polo GT.

If all things went smoothly I could take the delivery as early as next week.
*fingers crossed with excitement*.
Congratulations on booking your car! You'll be a proud owner of the last of these cars. Hope you get your delivery soon!

Last edited by vedirah : 14th April 2022 at 11:50.
Old 14th April 2022, 12:52   #753
BHPian

Hi all, I'm planning to install frameless wipers on my Polo. Does anyone have an idea what this black plastic trim just below the front driver's side wiper blade does? Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-screenshot_20220414125152322_com.miui.gallery.jpg
Old 14th April 2022, 13:02   #754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedirah View Post
Hi all, I'm planning to install frameless wipers on my Polo. Does anyone have an idea what this black plastic trim just below the front driver's side wiper blade does? Attachment 2296488
It's a wind deflector for the wiper. Smoothens air flow and probably provides a little downforce to effectively move out water during a storm.

In my experience, the stock wipers work well with the deflector
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 14:02   #755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusta_throttle View Post
My SA denied to fit reverse parking camera and mentioned fitting it from outside will void warranty.
In September 2021, when I enquired about the same just before the delivery, they quoted 10k. But I couldn't get one as they were out of stock.

Two things you can do:
  1. Go for VW Logo Flip Reverse Camera, which costs 8K approx. But I guess it needs splicing, which might void the warranty.
  2. I went with a 70mai rearview dashcam product link and installed it myself without cutting any wires. The best thing is for 13K; you get both front and very wide rearview dashcam, which is good enough.
Old 15th April 2022, 07:20   #756
sal
BANNED

Hi All,

I have booked the Highline+ and have been waiting for the car to be delivered since last 2 months..

I have checked a lot of YT videos where reviewers said that rear seats are fine for short adults.
But in this forum most of the people say that the rear seats are useless and not at all comfortable.

Owners could you please let me know whether 2 women of 5ft will be fine in the rear seats for a occasional long trip? Usually the car will be used by only 1+1..
Old 15th April 2022, 09:12   #757
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sal View Post
Owners could you please let me know whether 2 women of 5ft will be fine in the rear seats for a occasional long trip? Usually the car will be used by only 1+1..
People upto 5'5 can be comfortable even on long journeys in the Polo. Don't worry
PrasannaDhana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 12:36   #758
BHPian

Quote:

2 people at 5 feet tall will be quite comfortable in the rear seat of the polo. The recline angle is good and seats are reasonably comfortable for long Highway drives.
Shreyas_H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 11:43   #759
BHPian

Quote:
My height is 5'6 and I find it a bit claustrophobic at the back seat. However, the seats are reclined and would be quite comfortable for someone shorter than me. The issue isn't the seat comfort, it's the space at the rear - it definitely feels a bit claustrophobic. But for someone 5 ft tall, I think there should be enough space in the back seat.
vedirah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 16:52   #760
BHPian

I'm 6'2". We use our Polo mostly 1+1 in the front, with our Son (5'2" at present and growing) in the rear. NO problem (yet). The build quality and fun of driving makes up for all this !
jonathanarmy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 17:49   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarang.vaidya View Post
I am expecting a delivery of my Polo GT Legend Edition in Flash red avatar in a week or two. Currently, the registration process is ongoing for the car. I am getting the GoodYear Assurance TripleMax tyres with section 195/55/R16 as stock. Would it be worth to swap these with Yokohama's Earth 1 with same section?
I would definitely recommend an immediate swap to Earth1.
I upgraded my 2017 Polo GT's tyres to 205/55R16 to Yokohama AR01, which was the model that is equivalent to earth1's. The tyres have done 35K kms now and i have faced Zero issues till now even when driving on horrible roads in Bnagalore.

The goodyears on my Octavia lasted only 27K kms and was replaced by Earth1's.

Having used Yokohoma S Drives and Michelien's, i would suggest Earth1's for our roads. I would not use softer tyres with a risk of sidewall damage.
prajnya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2022, 12:25   #762
BHPian

Can someone please post a picture of rear seat of their 1.0 HL? I always thought that polo comes with isofix! Also, the VW guys seems to have messed up the rear seat altogether after accident. I cannot find the rear seat buckles for middle and left passenger!
Old 17th April 2022, 17:58   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Can someone please post a picture of rear seat of their 1.0 HL? I always thought that polo comes with isofix! Also, the VW guys seems to have messed up the rear seat altogether after accident. I cannot find the rear seat buckles for middle and left passenger!
Polo doesn't come with ISOFIX. The rear seat buckles might have been hidden behind the seat towards the boot area or beneath the sitting area of the seat. Try to fold the back seat and lift the bottom seat area to explore further. Hope it will be there.

Quote:

Not to worry, I am 5'10", and my back seats are mostly occupied by 2 ladies 5'1 and 5'4 on long trips and one among which is a senior citizen. So far no one complained about the seat comfort. Yeah, the leg space is slightly less but that is pretty much the case with most cars in that range. If you keep the co-driver seat slightly forward, the leg space issue at one side can be eliminated. Regardless of all the shortcomings including the ASS, it is still worth to buy as long as you can get hold of one.

Last edited by igemini : 17th April 2022 at 18:04.
igemini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 20:28   #764
BHPian

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20220420_1952232.jpg

Greetings everyone.

Just got our Polo's first blemish, a stone chip. Although it's miniscule and can only be spotted by those who know it, I can't stop thinking about it. Should I get it treated or leave it as it is?
Also, would request other owners to share their stone chip instances, so that I could feel a bit better knowing that I'm not the only one.

Regards.

Last edited by gt3t0uring : 20th April 2022 at 20:32.
Old 21st April 2022, 09:48   #765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt3t0uring View Post
Attachment 2298850

Greetings everyone.

Just got our Polo's first blemish, a stone chip. Although it's miniscule and can only be spotted by those who know it, I can't stop thinking about it. Should I get it treated or leave it as it is?
Also, would request other owners to share their stone chip instances, so that I could feel a bit better knowing that I'm not the only one.

Regards.
My advice would be to get it rectified asap, before the monsoons hit. It looks like the metal under the paint is exposed and could cause rusting.
vedirah is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed