Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2023, 10:49   #991
ais
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedirah View Post
There is a lot of wind noise in the cabin of my Polo Highline 2022 model
Same here. After months of my investigations and experiments post VW service centre being unable to help, the source turns out to be a gap between the rubber beading and glass at the top of the B pillar.

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-tape-stops-wind-noise.jpg

Try pasting tape to close and streamline the location. Once confirmed, get the beading changed. It's not covered by warranty, but maybe we should ask VW for a campaign to replace all defective beadings if there are more customers facing this issue. I saw a lot of cars at the service centre at Andheri West with this gap.
ais is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 11:19   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ais View Post

Try pasting tape to close and streamline the location. Once confirmed, get the beading changed. It's not covered by warranty, but maybe we should ask VW for a campaign to replace all defective beadings if there are more customers facing this issue. I saw a lot of cars at the service centre at Andheri West with this gap.
Thank you! I suspected the same location. Do you know the cost of replacing these beadings? I suppose they aren't meant to fail within a year! That's bad engineering. Also is it possible to revive the beadings using some form of rubber treatment? I found this würth product on Amazon, wonder if it works:

https://amzn.eu/d/fLfCFhc
Old 16th January 2023, 13:25   #993

My 2021 Polo TSI Highline AT has now completed 25k kms and here are the few things noted over the last few months.

1. The steering rack was replaced under warranty (November) as there were certain sounds coming from the front right suspension.

2. Brakes are yet to be upgraded, though rotors and pads have been replaced (OEM) few months back. Stock brakes are still not confidence inspiring.

3. Completed few road trips, the car is soo much fun to drive on the highways. Headlights to be upgraded soon.

Few pictures -

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img20221108wa0032.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20221001_05524001.jpeg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20221002_13510001.jpeg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20220709_14310701.jpeg
VTEC_Powaaaa is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 13:48   #994
ais
BHPian

Any idea if the clutch play and bite point can be adjusted in the 1L TSI MT?
Old 23rd January 2023, 17:40   #995
BHPian

Hi everyone,

Just got my Polo delivered after the annual service, engine oil was filled in from a large jar instead of small separate VW branded (1L each) cans, is this the norm or have they changed the SOP? Thanks in advance.

Will also advise fellow owners to ask the advisor to put standard A/C filter and not the carbon activated one, thing costs 9XX!

Regards
Old 28th January 2023, 09:09   #996
BANNED

Dear All -

I'm planning to part ways with my HL+ 1.0 TSi, June 21, with ,2043 Kms on the odo, Flash Red and registered in Delhi. It's in bone stock condition.

Rationale - planning for a bigger car for the family as priorities have changed.

Kindly PM me if anyone is interested, I can show up with car in the NCR.

Thanks much.

Last edited by Torquedo : 28th January 2023 at 09:10.
Old 29th January 2023, 19:49   #997
ais
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea if the clutch play and bite point can be adjusted in the 1L TSI MT?
Well, I'm adding the answer to my own question since I've been exploring this, convinced that adjustments to these would result in an upshot in performance.

The Free Play on top of the clutch action cannot be adjusted as it's a hydraulic clucth. As per the technicians at VW service centre, Goregaon West, Mumbai, that much play is needed to prime the hydraulic cylinder.

Bite point also cannot be adjusted by the service center. They suggested adding a washer/spacer in the gearbox (they had done it to another car) but I was against trial and error and opening the gearbox.

So I had to think of a Jugaad (improvisation). After considering getting a clamp with an adjustable bolt with a knob and nut fabricated from my turner and fixing it to the clutch pedal lever arm, Rammie of Sound Factor suggested simply adding a wood block to the floor against which the pedal arm would stop. Fitting it to the lever arm would be more secure and easier, so we have temporarily fixed an rubberized MDF pad with tape under the lever. This takes away about 1.25" of play between the floor and bite point, still leaving about 1cm of play before bite point contact.

I've tested this for 2 days in all sorts of traffic ranging from Sea Link to bumper to bumper slow traffic.

Let me say this is the best performance mod so far, even counting the Bilstein B12 suspension (presently the car is back on OEM suspension until the Pass Through Torque Wrench arrives at KS Motorsport for correct torque and installation of B12). Where the gear change experience used to be a bit of workout for my left leg (and I'm a fit sportsman, my calves being my strongest muscles!), now the travel length of the pedal is perfect. The Free Play at the top also is unnoticeable as a result. Bite point and bite engagement zone being precise, the gear shifts are slick and consistent. No chance of judder or stalling. Plus heel can now be in contact with the floor, unlike before where the whole foot had to be lifted along with the pedal (like a truck pedal?). The seat can now be retracted an inch (or 1-2 clicks) further back, so the seating position is more comfortable and relaxed. The three pedals are now in perfect reach and alignment, whereas earlier the left foot was doing its work further ahead compared to the right foot for the brake and throttle.

I've searched the Internet for the utility and reason for a high bite point, but can't find anything explaining it, or that minimizing play between floor and bite point can be detrimental. Anyone who knows better please advise. I'll also check with the master technician when I'm at VW service centre.

I'll soon be getting a proper wood piece that will secure firmly under the clutch pedal lever arm with a slot for the arm to embed into, and secure it with zip ties through holes drilled in the wood. Will post pics.

This is a MUST HAVE for all Polo MT owners, unless a downside can be pointed out by experts. This transforms the driving experience better than any sport suspension or remap can in my view and experience, by removing the biggest turn off in the otherwise sporty car. I know of some Polo enthusiasts (like Agam Bhandari) who have avoided the MT because of a lousy clutch pedal!

Also it is surprising how the car is much like a living organism, as in changes to one part affects other parts and the car as a whole. Just as owering the car made the seats seem more comfortable by changing the seating position and view, even though nothing changed inside or on the seats.

Last edited by ais : 29th January 2023 at 20:02.
ais is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 12:09   #998
BHPian

Quote:
Same here. After months of my investigations and experiments post VW service centre being unable to help, the source turns out to be a gap between the rubber beading and glass at the top of the B pillar.

https://Youtu.be/EB8mPbHOMO4

Attachment 2406299

Same thing happened to me when they lubricated the door beading and rubbers of my car.
If you dont mind can you share the cost of the beading ?
Old 5th February 2023, 14:28   #999
ais
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayurS View Post
If you dont mind can you share the cost of the beading ?
Will know next week when job gets done. Should be around 2k per door.
ais is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 15:46   #1000
BHPian

Hi guys,

I wanted to update this thread with the first year/15000 km service done on my Polo. The cost was nominal (Rs. 4,500) and the guys didn't push the wiper fluid or the lock cylinder lubricant on me.

I want to highlight that VW has made a recall for the rear axle bushings which will be replaced under warranty if your car is eligible. Do go ahead and check with your service centre.
Old 7th February 2023, 00:09   #1001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedirah View Post
Hi guys,

I wanted to update this thread with the first year/15000 km service done on my Polo. The cost was nominal (Rs. 4,500) and the guys didn't push the wiper fluid or the lock cylinder lubricant on me.

I want to highlight that VW has made a recall for the rear axle bushings which will be replaced under warranty if your car is eligible. Do go ahead and check with your service centre.
Hi,

Could you please tell how was the engine oil poured in, seperate VW branded cans or one large transparent jug? Thanks.
Old 7th February 2023, 00:43   #1002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt3t0uring View Post
Hi,

Could you please tell how was the engine oil poured in, seperate VW branded cans or one large transparent jug? Thanks.
Hey, I'm not sure as I didn't check. I left my car with them for two days as they had a lot of other jobs pending. But I'm sure service centers get large canisters of oil from VW and use that. I've seen that at Yamaha dealers.
vedirah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 13:05   #1003
BHPian

30,000 KMs update:

- Last week got 30K service done at Viraj Automobiles, Noida. No issues reported to SC.

- It was a quick service, I was out in 2 hrs. I did not opt for car wash.

- The underbody engine guard seems to be rubbing with the gearbox housing (Picture attached). The mechanic made some adjustments - the clips at the front end on the guard were not put in place which made a gap. I will be revisiting the SC at 37.5K kms for oil change and will get it checked again. Other option is to use a spacer on the bolts to create a gap.

- Total bill came to 9,300.00. Engine oil was VW 0W20 from the barrel. I requested for a can and they did not have in stock, they told me to call them a day or 2 in advance before visiting and they will have it arranged.

- Overall service experience was nice. I was with the car all the time on the service floor. Got GT badges replaced/installed at the back and the front.

- EBC Ultimax -2 have hardly shown signs of wear and the mechanic was very impressed. No noises raised for aftermarket brembo disc and ebc pads. When I said the suspension is lousy on the car, the mechanic told me to get something aftermarket like cobra.

- Post service, couple of days later took her to Lucknow clocking over 1200 kms in 5 days. Overall FE was 17.6 kmpl. Greater Noida to Lucknow was done with HP Power, I saw MID displaying 19.5 kmpl at one point. Speeds were in the range of 100-110 kmph. Return was with XP95 and I have 1/4th fuel left with 570 kms clocked.

- Very happy with the car and VW ASS. However, the car has literally no space at the rear. I bought Polo as a secondary car but it has clocked more miles than S-Cross since July-2021. I just cannot go back to MT and TSI is more fun on open roads as compared to MJD. My family keeps complaining about space and unfortunately we will have to let go off the Polo soon.

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-bf2d31e198c241bb86ad39b6075f4d0f.jpeg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-50a84c7c5d674e61ab0b6c0bef7c46c9.jpeg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-e4e061933a14470a8833b0ec6c86df48.jpeg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-c7be632460854ecd98a684891d71b665.jpeg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-cc3556b1e1ca4bc4987655cf909a2546.jpeg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-e6208e4a69ca4570bcc11ce8e9092cfd.jpeg
sinharishi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 07:13   #1004

Quote:
Quote:
, engine oil was filled in from a large jar instead of small separate VW branded (1L each) cans, is this the norm or have they changed the SOP?
During all my visits, they seemed to have been pouring from a big drum only.
The car has been running fine and the MAX fuel efficiency just dropped by a few points, after the 29k service (No longer touches 30, it shows reluctance around 27/28). The little mileage nowadays can also be the culprit here. The car moves once a month.
I can tell this as I usually commute on the same empty expressway.

Pouring from big can is very normal. Using small cans for each car, everyday, would boost the plastic waste at service centres.

Quote:
I remember reading a bhpian who intalled thinnest water pipe(used for comparing height on construction sites) under the beads to avoid rattles. Might be a cheap and helpful jugaad, here as well.
jijivishu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 23:47   #1005

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Got the much needed upgrade done in my Comfortline 1.0 TSI AT. Had got the Polo in April when stocks had started drying out, the only 2 options that were available then were Comfortline AT and Highline Plus MT. I really wanted AT given the city use and hence settled for Comfortline.

However, never liked the interior look with the aftermarket Blaupunkt San Marcos unit that VW gave with the car. Also the lack of steering mounted controls didn't look very appealing. After much deliberation, decided to change the audio unit to OEM VW RCD 340 unit and the OEM Highline Plus steering wheel. This was a plug and play change done by a professional installer.

Had to get the toe-in adjustment done after the steering change from VW workshop given the alignment was slightly off. Other than that, everything turned out to be just perfect.

Before:
Attachment 2359738

After:
Attachment 2359737

Can u please tell from where u souced the steering mounted controls. I searched on bodmo found nothing. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks