Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2020, 03:43   #46
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by docswarna26 View Post
So what will happen if we are using lesser than 95 octane petrol?? Because I think normal petrol available at pumps are 91 octane (correct me if I’m wrong)
When a lower octane fuel is used knock sensors identify the vibrations caused by engine and alter the ignition timing to help prevent the pre-ignition from happening. ECU will adjust to the new fuel octane rating. There will be slight reduction in power. As such plenty of VW and Audi petrol variants in India uses RON91 without any issue.
rahulskumar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 10:44   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
When a lower octane fuel is used knock sensors identify the vibrations caused by engine and alter the ignition timing to help prevent the pre-ignition from happening. ECU will adjust to the new fuel octane rating. There will be slight reduction in power. As such plenty of VW and Audi petrol variants in India uses RON91 without any issue.
Thank you, but can this over a long period of time reduce engine’s life?
Old 18th July 2020, 10:48   #48
BHPian

Here is my 1.0 highline plus. Just got it on the 2nd. Need to post a detailed review soon. It's an absolute hoot to drive. Can someone help me out with a vcds cable not able to buy one online.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-20200708_133432.jpg  

HYPERTOURER is online now   (28) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 11:44   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPERTOURER View Post
Here is my 1.0 highline plus. Just got it on the 2nd. Need to post a detailed review soon. It's an absolute hoot to drive. Can someone help me out with a vcds cable not able to buy one online.
OK first things first. You cannot just post an image of a "NEW POLO" 1.0 TSI, with a GT badge, LED headlights, and not say a word about those Car looks cool in the Lapiz Blue. Please spill out details, did you install these headlamps at the dealer or VW has notoriously already introduced a refresh of a one month old model?

Buy OBDeleven next gen device on their website, arrives in 3 days flat from Lithuania.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 11:46   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How did you get a Polo with LED headlights? And a GT badge on the grill.

The Highline Plus was halogen lights! Have VW updated the Polo yet again
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 15:21   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
OK first things first. You cannot just post an image of a "NEW POLO" 1.0 TSI, with a GT badge, LED headlights, and not say a word about those
That GT badge was installed by me cos it was the GT that i wanted and none have yet been manufactured. Also wanted the DSG but since i couldn't get that either nothing wrong in a gGT badge

The headlights are from vagtune. Plug and play. Still awaiting some parts from them. The pass takes 2 second to light up and apparently they have a module to over come this. Don't want to lose warranty by modifying the wiring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
How did you get a Polo with LED headlights? And a GT badge on the grill.
I got them aftermarket from vagtune. The badge was a dealer install.

Last edited by ampere : 20th July 2020 at 02:28. Reason: trimmed quoted post
HYPERTOURER is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 16:24   #52
BHPian

Quote:

The headlights are from vagtune. Plug and play. Still awaiting some parts from them. The pass takes 2 second to light up and apparently they have a module to over come this. Don't want to lose warranty by modifying the wiring.
Congratulations! The Lapiz Blue looks fabulous on the Polo.
Can you please share some more details about the LED setup like pricing how is this fitted without modifying the wiring?
SansGT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 04:11   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent review

An analogy.

Remember a movie that critics and cinema enthusiasts loved for the quality of storytelling and visual excellence but never got the love from the masses at the theatres? The film had its flaws for sure; and it didn't play to the gallery at that point in time. The makers nor the exhibitors knew the pulse of the mass audience to make the movie a hit.

Fast-forward to five years and the same move is on Netflix. Suddenly it gets a fan following across the spectrum. The movie gets the reception it deserved back then.

When people ask for a brand new movie (similar to the original), the makers refuse to make one. They don't want to go down the path of unrequited love. They just add 4K effects to the original one and be done with it.

That's how I see the VW Polo.

I always liked the Polo GT TSI but just couldn't afford it back then. A number of friends have brought this car home even in 2019 and I can understand why.

How many more years can the current generation of Polo soldier on?
kiku007 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 22:03   #54
BHPian

Its a bit sad that a reverse cam is not available even in the top spec version costing more than 8 lacs (Ex Showroom).Confirmed with brochure in VW site also.

While VW Polo has smaller dimensions and better rear vision compared to say Tata Nexon, its simply unbecoming of a premium Hatch to just provide parking sensors.

The 1.0l TSI engine is available in the Skoda Rapid for almost 50k less (Ex Showroom Price)

Compared to The Rapid, Polo enjoys tax benefit of being less than 4m, and should have either priced it better and added more goodies.
Voodooblaster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 22:12   #55
BHPian

Great review guys. The engine truly is a gem. With reputed international Tuners like APR already offering Stage 1 tunes putting out 140 bhp, this is my top pick for an enthusiast petrol car under 10 lakhs.
Yakuza is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 22:44   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Hypertourer. If you don't mind, can you post some more pictures? I just love the Polo in this shade of colour. The LED headlights look really amazing too.

Give it slightly wider tires and maybe lower it just a little bit, and it will look just perfect!
carfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 23:11   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodooblaster View Post
Its a bit sad that a reverse cam is not available even in the top spec version costing more than 8 lacs (Ex Showroom).Confirmed with brochure in VW site also.

While VW Polo has smaller dimensions and better rear vision compared to say Tata Nexon, its simply unbecoming of a premium Hatch to just provide parking sensors.
Agree with you that reverse parking camera should have been provided for the price of Polo. I got a call from VW two weeks back on my interest for HighLine+ automatic and GT automatic. As a general request, I asked them if they would install the reverse parking camera on my request and they were ready to do it at the cost of 14K. I double checked with them on the warranty part and they confirmed that it wouldn't void the warranty. This is in Bangalore.
skarthiksr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 23:58   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
I got a call from VW two weeks back on my interest for HighLine+ automatic and GT automatic.
Was Call received from VW or dealer.

Quote:
As a general request, I asked them if they would install the reverse parking camera on my request and they were ready to do it at the cost of 14K.
Factory fitment quality cant be replicated in dealerships

Quote:
I double checked with them on the warranty part and they confirmed that it wouldn't void the warranty.
Thats good news. And more importantly I think the we should get in writing/E-mail from VW and not just the dealer that installing Reverse Cam from them wouldn't void the warranty.
Old 20th July 2020, 01:51   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansGT View Post
Congratulations! The Lapiz Blue looks fabulous on the Polo.
Can you please share some more details about the LED setup like pricing how is this fitted without modifying the wiring?
Will put up the details in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Congratulations Hypertourer. If you don't mind, can you post some more pictures? I just love the Polo in this shade of colour. The LED headlights look really amazing too.

Give it slightly wider tires and maybe lower it just a little bit, and it will look just perfect!
Thanks. Running stock right now. Until i remap I don't want to increase the load on the engine. Will share pics on a few days.
HYPERTOURER is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 21:25   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docswarna26 View Post
Thank you, but can this over a long period of time reduce engine’s life?
No, TSi engines have been used in India since 2013 without any problem. This is not much unlike when the then-high tech CRDi engines were introduced in the mid-2000s, where usage of hi-speed/ premium diesel could actually cause problems with excessive smoking and carbon buildup and normal(unadulterated) diesel worked best for them.
rkv_2401 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed