Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2020, 18:45   #151
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarBot View Post
I am planning to go for Black OEM Spoiler for 7k, mirror caps for 2k, roof paint / wrap for 6k / 8k respectively. I hope these prices are reasonable.
Try to negotiate. You might get it for free.
deepfusion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 10:05   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
Try to negotiate. You might get it for free.
I called Palace Road VW, PPS VW in 2 different areas and all are saying there are no Highline Plus AT available anymore. They also said it wont be available next year. Everyone is trying to push me for GT TSI.

There is only 1 car in transit now for Whitefield VW which is allotted to me. So now the dealer is having upper hand. At least my sales advisor Mr. Gana is not trying to take advantage of this situation. Apart from me calling other dealers. He himself called few of his friends in other dealership and enquired about Highline Plus AT but no luck.

My first colour option was flash red, second was white. The car in transit and allotted to me is white.
Old 16th December 2020, 12:42   #153
BHPian

Hi All,

I have a question on auto headlights, All the links previously share by Graaja, FrankMehtha, Gannu, Ventoman and others are now either not shipping to India or not valid anymore.
Few of those links are below
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/684927137.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32907800642.html

Has anyone ordered recently in last 2 or 3 months from Ali express?
If yes, Can you please share the latest link with me or confirm if below one will fit directly to VW Polo 1.0 Highline Plus AT. Below 2 links are 14 pin big adapter switch.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000299333761.html sensor with wire
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000930522818.html with inbuilt sensor

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by CarBot : 16th December 2020 at 12:46. Reason: added additional link
CarBot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 13:58   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,
I think India banned Aliexpress recently (early November?) along with other apps/portals. So yes, until further notice, Aliexpress is not for us Indians
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 12:52   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
I think India banned Aliexpress recently (early November?) along with other apps/portals. So yes, until further notice, Aliexpress is not for us Indians
This is really frustrating if AliExpress is banned.I saw few sellers showing shipping to India, but when I contacted to either negotiate or to ask them to ship faster they outright said we are not shipping to India.

Anyhow, I took delivery of my Polo 1.0 TSI Highline plus auto 2 days back. Below are few pics

The good things I like about the car are as below

1. Tinted windows and windscreen
2. 1.0 TSI is smooth compared to my 1.0 agricultural engine from Kwid
3. Hill hold assist
4. Portago wheels
5. Rain sensing wipers
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-49f6d2250fcf4aa0be80453a90801324.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-2218b939aae04f609346c064e91266a2.jpeg  

Last edited by CarBot : 18th December 2020 at 13:08.
CarBot is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 13:08   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,
I have a question on auto headlights, All the links previously share by Graaja, FrankMehtha, Gannu, Ventoman and others are now either not shipping to India or not valid anymore.
Thanks in advance.
Aliexpress orders placed just a day before the ban seemed to have gone through for me. I prodded the sellers to ship and items are on their way. Lately, the shipping speeds also seem to have improved quite a bit, universally so. A product from SunYou Tracking reached me in a record 16 days and Yanwen seems to have been improving as well. I may have a few leads to procure the Auto-Headlight Switch. Do get in touch with me over PM.
Quote:
Anyhow, I took delivery of my Polo 1.0 TSI Highline plus auto 2 days back. Below are few pics
Congrats on your car. White is an all-time classic on the Polo 6R! The Spoiler looks fabulous!
fluidicjoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 13:36   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidicjoy View Post
Do get in touch with me over PM.

Congrats on your car. White is an all-time classic on the Polo 6R! The Spoiler looks fabulous!
Thanks fluidicjoy, I will PM you for the contact.

Few other observations are

I have driven around 100 kms now and initially felt the ride was too bumpy. Later found that the tires were 50psi which i got it reduced to 32psi. I could not get car shift into D6 due to sedate driving and Bangalore traffic.

My other worry is the creep function. My sales advisor was mentioning that there might be a recall or they might fix the creep in coming months during service as they have received a lot of complaints about brake pad wear and creep being too aggressive.

I wanted to get the reverse camera added but the dealership quoted 10k, my sales advisor sent the same technician home added the same camera for 8k and it does not hamper warranty.

Top 10 things I don't like or I miss
1. Biggest of all is no reverse camera in a car crossing 11 lakhs
2. No Key less entry and go
3. Rear is cramped as hell but works for me as for the family duster will do it.
4. Headlights are pathetic
5. No sunroof (I am not a fan so doesn't matter)
6. DSG, even though the torque convertor is good and does the job well but it is no match for DSG
7. VW could have easily provided a switch for auto headlights but No they wont
8. Paint quality is not VW level. I felt it could have been better
9. Carpet in boot is an eye sore, will add few pics on it.
10. Apple Car play is a good feature but the placement of cable is not right (now seriously nitpicking)

Next to do list on the car are as below
1. Will get in touch with @fluidicjoy to get contacts on auto headlight switch
2. Roof wrap at 3m
3. Fill nitrogen on all tires
4. Lastly and probably debadge Polo and TSI after few months

Last edited by CarBot : 18th December 2020 at 13:37. Reason: updated break to brake pad
CarBot is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 15:06   #158
BHPian

Re: Any experiences from Autobahn Nerul or VW Thane dealership or service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PankajKara View Post
Now I was also reached out by VW Thane and was setting up a TD with them (I wanted to drive Polo again :P) the Sales guy asked on "When are you planning to buy?" I told him December. Then he texts "Okay so message me in December for TD then" - I felt this was not cool.
How on earth a sales guy can be that uncool in terms of his behavior? Whenever I go for a TD and before the drive someone asks when I am planning to buy, my usual response is "Haven't decided a timeline, if u feel I can't be a potential buyer you can very well deny the test drive

I am going for a TD for the Polo to VW Thane. Lets see how the experience is going to be.

Thanks !!
Old 20th December 2020, 01:10   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Few of those links are below
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/684927137.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32907800642.html

If yes, Can you please share the latest link with me or confirm if below one will fit directly to VW Polo 1.0 Highline Plus AT. Below 2 links are 14 pin big adapter switch.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000299333761.html sensor with wire
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000930522818.html with inbuilt sensor

Thanks in advance.
Check with vagtune in their website. They have some numbers listed. I got my stuff from them. Another guy has an Instagram page called Germandna. Check with him as well. I also got the Vento headlights which aren't a great improvement but a lot better than stock and have installed led fogs. This makes the setup bright. Everything sourced from vagtune. And also congratulations for the car.

Last edited by HYPERTOURER : 20th December 2020 at 01:11. Reason: Had to add a message
HYPERTOURER is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 08:50   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPERTOURER View Post
Check with vagtune in their website. They have some numbers listed. I got my stuff from them. Another guy has an Instagram page called Germandna. Check with him as well. I also got the Vento headlights which aren't a great improvement but a lot better than stock and have installed led fogs. This makes the setup bright. Everything sourced from vagtune. And also congratulations for the car.
Thanks Hypertourer, I will certainly check vagtune and germandna. Thank you very much for the leads.
Old 22nd December 2020, 11:40   #161
BHPian

For those who have not tried ordering on Aliexpress post ban, we get below error when we try to process order. The seller says shipping is available to India but when you go to payment screen we see below alert.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-aliexpress.jpg  

Last edited by CarBot : 22nd December 2020 at 11:44. Reason: added "post ban"
Old 22nd December 2020, 23:53   #162
BHPian

Quote:

Sweet looking ride!

How did you get the GT Badge for the Highline Automatic? From the dealer? And if so, how much?
PankajKara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 10:10   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Sweet looking ride!

How did you get the GT Badge for the Highline Automatic? From the dealer? And if so, how much?
Thanks Pankaj, Yes I got the GT badge from dealer, it costs Rs.350
Interesting fact is that the GT TSI sticker on C pillars costs 3500 where as the metal GT badge costs Rs.350
Old 23rd December 2020, 10:56   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Pankaj, Yes I got the GT badge from dealer, it costs Rs.350
Interesting fact is that the GT TSI sticker on C pillars costs 3500 where as the metal GT badge costs Rs.350
Interesting. Does it clip on to the grill? The dealer I’m working with (Autobahn Nerul) said that the badge only comes with the entire front grill unit. So he doesn’t give the badge separately :/. And the front grill unit itself was around 4-5K~. I also remember seeing the badge online for much cheaper on some parts website. Probably will go that route.

Guys I have another question, the car that is being assigned to me apparently has the chassis manufactured in June but the assembly done in November. Based on this the VIN would be June~ I suppose. But does his point hold value or is he trying to pull a quick one. I’m getting some shady vibes from him as he tried to get me to make the payment even before the PDI. He also says that this particular car has piano black work done around the entertainment unit which is worth 18K~ and it’s up to me if I want that or if I wanna remove that.

Eagerly waiting to see this car in person and see if there is any wear and tear from being in the stockyard. Car is supposed to come around in the evening today. Gonna try to check if the rubber has gotten hard and brittle around the doors and under the hood. Any other tips are welcome.
Old 23rd December 2020, 20:28   #165
BHPian

Quote:

Guys I have another question, the car that is being assigned to me apparently has the chassis manufactured in June but the assembly done in November. Based on this the VIN would be June~ I suppose. But does his point hold value or is he trying to pull a quick one. I’m getting some shady vibes from him as he tried to get me to make the payment even before the PDI. He also says that this particular car has piano black work done around the entertainment unit which is worth 18K~ and it’s up to me if I want that or if I wanna remove that.

Eagerly waiting to see this car in person and see if there is any wear and tear from being in the stockyard. Car is supposed to come around in the evening today. Gonna try to check if the rubber has gotten hard and brittle around the doors and under the hood. Any other tips are welcome.

Did a brief inspection of the car at the dealers place today. Was a bit dusty after coming from the stockyard. They did a clean up when I reached. I checked the interiors and tried using the AC, Window buttons, side mirror control, starting car, inspection under hood, observing the rubber components, Entire car body. These guys haven’t done their own inspection before delivery yet so I didn’t check other things. Makes sense to let them do all checks and clean up and I do a proper inspection on delivery day.

I noticed the car had MANY micro scratches on the hood and swirl marks. I think they used a low quality rag to clean it maybe causing this. They first denied it (unsurprising) then I did a side by side comparison with another sunset red polo and it had far lesser micro scratches. I told them about this and they’re gonna polish the car. Denying to give me paint protection tho as I opted out of delivery kit. Is it worth paying 6K for that ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks