Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2021, 18:41   #256
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunRam View Post
Does this happens while on Radio as well?

I too have experienced this very rarely, especially when I am streaming. It could be because of internet issues. If this happens when car is driven on a pothole or a hump, it may be worthwhile to check the connectors of the HU during your visit for a service.
Happens very rarely for me - I always assumed it to be a streaming issue. Will observe.

Quote:
I got this tested during my one month checkup. The SA drove the car and fortunately we were able to reach to the speeds bit above 110 kmph on Hosur road. In this short drive the Wind cutting noise was observed.
SA later said they checked the beadings and lubricated the windows for a possible rectification.

I will update if this solution worked for wind cutting noise, once I get a chance to drive through the NICE road in Bangalore.
Yeah man, let us know about this one.

Side note: Any leads on where to get the stainless steel pedal caps for polo? The ones that GT gets? I'm trying to get a good lead from Indian sellers but not finding anything. ASC says that they have stopped keeping it :/.
Old 18th February 2021, 19:22   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraizer View Post
I too think so. The jerks from standstill is a little disconcerting at first but I will sure adapt to this. I do realize, it’s easier to live with this car in this crazy Bangalore traffic.

I was actually looking for a bigger car to replace my City, but wife wouldn’t want to drive a bigger car in the city. Also, with my past couple of weeks of city driving, I too realized, I would be better off with a smaller city car.

I was also considering Tata Harrier despite its flaws and bad ergo. My wife wouldn’t let me invest 25L+ on a Tata.

The dealer had installed the Arm rest. Flaps, headlights, horn upgrade is pending. Still undecided on the camera.

There’s still some time for the Compass/Harrier in my life
Congratulations hellraizer on the acquisition of this pocket rocket. I am sailing in a similar boat as you with respect to upgrade options. :-) So might very well replace my hatchback with the Polo (also giving the Kiger a thought) and replace the bigger car at a later date. I am all enthused about buying when I am exploring options online but the moment I go out for a drive in this unruly Bangalore traffic, I get a reality check.

My wifey too does not like me uttering Tata & purchase in the same sentence. :-)

Is that the Hosur Road showroom?
Any reason for choosing the GT over the HL Plus? Also - what exactly does the headlight upgrade entail? I wish VW would offer the Vento LED units on the Polo - would complete the front looks of this gorgeous car.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 1st April 2021 at 11:38. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
Old 18th February 2021, 19:24   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PankajKara View Post

Side note: Any leads on where to get the stainless steel pedal caps for polo? The ones that GT gets? I'm trying to get a good lead from Indian sellers but not finding anything. ASC says that they have stopped keeping it :/.
Sounds more like an availability issue rather than them not stocking it. I am sure there would be many takers for this, to up the sporty quotient of this "hot" hatch
Old 18th February 2021, 21:32   #259
BHPian

I've a question regarding an unusual upgrade - the dead pedal. In its current iteration, it is too thin to support an entire foot. It gets uncomfortable over longer journeys. I'm thinking of just removing it if I can't find some solution to bolster it. Has anyone does anything about it?
RoadMonkey is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 21:59   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PankajKara View Post
I have had a beautiful set of Aluminium Pedal caps on my Highline+ TSI right from the first week and its a shame Volkswagen are not supplying or even sourcing these for customers. Coincidentally, I have supplied quite a few of these to my local dealership and friends, since there is no Official Volkswagen Pedal Accessory for Automatic variants this year. The Manual Genuine Accessory costs about Rs. 3900. I'm planning to list these in the TeamBHP classifield. I have been trying to upload pictures here for reference, but our site seems to be having an Error 503 : Backend Fetch this evening, so you can read about it here instead. (Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic) The pedals I have on my car were ones I got off Aliexpress, but they had a tiny imperfection in the metal and rubber finish. The newer lot I found was a Genuine OE Part with a Volkswagen Part number, and the fit and finish has been exceptional. Really sad that Volkswagen didn't give it to us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
I've a question regarding an unusual upgrade - the dead pedal. In its current iteration, it is too thin to support an entire foot. It gets uncomfortable over longer journeys. I'm thinking of just removing it if I can't find some solution to bolster it. Has anyone does anything about it?
Yes, you're right. I've had trouble with my dead pedal as well. There is just something off about either the width or how upright it feels in certain driving positions. I've particularly had pain when I sit higher up in the car and such situations have resulted in me resting my left foot on the flat floor.
fluidicjoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 22:19   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Does this happens while on Radio as well?

I too have experienced this very rarely, especially when I am streaming. It could be because of internet issues. If this happens when car is driven on a pothole or a hump, it may be worthwhile to check the connectors of the HU during your visit for a service.
I have not played much of the radio at all. Sometimes, when I delay plugging my phone, the HU defaults to FM. I immediately switch to YT Music or Apple Music. Given my experience so far, it surely is a minor SW issue that does not handle audio buffers in SW properly. I also see that whenever you mute and unmute, it’s sort of rough. It’s most certainly not a harness issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post
Congratulations hellraizer on the acquisition of this pocket rocket. I am sailing in a similar boat as you with respect to upgrade options. :-) So might very well replace my hatchback with the Polo (also giving the Kiger a thought) and replace the bigger car at a later date. I am all enthused about buying when I am exploring options online but the moment I go out for a drive in this unruly Bangalore traffic, I get a reality check
My wifey too does not like me uttering Tata & purchase in the same sentence. :-)

Is that the Hosur Road showroom?

Any reason for choosing the GT over the HL Plus? Also - what exactly does the headlight upgrade entail? I wish VW would offer the Vento LED units on the Polo - would complete the front looks of this gorgeous car.
I got it in the JP Nagar showroom. I cannot comment on the Kiger but most certainly it wouldn’t drive like a Polo.

The HL doesn’t come with the automatic anymore. If you want the automatic, the only option is the GT.

If you look at the accessories list, there’s a more powerful bulb upgrade possible. I am planning to get that. It’s the H7 performance bulb from Philips.

I have so far driven about 250km. Oh boy, do I love driving this. I had grown car averse in the last year but GT has restored that feeling back in me. I do love driving this car, the Polo is in a league of its own and the driving experience cannot be compared to any other car in this segment. The i20s, Balenos, Kias, they may all have more bragging rights because of those extra tick boxes in the product brochure, but if you are someone who appreciates driving experience over those features, get the TSI. I bet you will not repent.

I would have happily paid another 30-40k for
  • Automatic+LED Headlamps
  • Decent Rear View Camera
  • Passive Keyless Entry with Push button start

It would have been such a complete car, but these were definitely not deal breakers for me.

It’s sad that VW has removed the GT pedals .

I have told my SA to order a GT pedal from the earlier model (by providing my friend’s VIN number to order the part) and will be getting it fixed when it arrives.

This should cheer me up

Last edited by suhaas307 : 1st April 2021 at 11:38. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
hellraizer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 22:31   #262
BHPian

Quote:
If you look at the accessories list, there’s a more powerful bulb upgrade possible. I am planning to get that. It’s the H7 performance bulb from Philips.
Hey there, on the headlight upgrade front, I'd recommend refraining from the H7 Performance Bulb from Philips since it's just a rebranded XtremeVision. You wouldn't have a great upgrade with those. If you want a serious stock Road Legal upgrade, I'd strongly recommend purchasing a Pair from PowerBulbs UK, where they have a RacingVision GT200 and an XtremeVision150, which are possibly one of the brightest Road legal H7 Halogen bulbs I could find. The only downside to those, is a lower lifetime, which totally sucks. Contrary to popular belief, an 80W bulb is also not Road Legal, thus making it a frowned upon upgrade if Road Legality is your thing. I am curious about the Replacement Pedal Part cost from the older GT Parts Bin. Could you share the cost once you get it fitted? If it's more cost effective than the ones I've been importing, I'd rather source them locally.
fluidicjoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 14:01   #263
BHPian

Quote:
I have not played much of the radio at all. Sometimes, when I delay plugging my phone, the HU defaults to FM. I immediately switch to YT Music or Apple Music. Given my experience so far, it surely is a minor SW issue that does not handle audio buffers in SW properly. I also see that whenever you mute and unmute, it’s sort of rough. It’s most certainly not a harness issue.
Checked today with locally stored mp3 files (128K Bitrate) playing for over an hour. There was no issue with apple play. When I switched over to locally stored DRM.. I observed it. So I think the intermittent pauses are linked to this use case.
ArunRam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 12:10   #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidicjoy View Post
I have had a beautiful set of Aluminium Pedal caps on my Highline+ TSI right from the first week and its a shame Volkswagen are not supplying or even sourcing these for customers. Coincidentally, I have supplied quite a few of these to my local dealership and friends, since there is no Official Volkswagen Pedal Accessory for Automatic variants this year. The Manual Genuine Accessory costs about Rs. 3900. I'm planning to list these in the TeamBHP classifield. I have been trying to upload pictures here for reference, but our site seems to be having an Error 503 : Backend Fetch this evening, so you can read about it here instead. (Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic) The pedals I have on my car were ones I got off Aliexpress, but they had a tiny imperfection in the metal and rubber finish. The newer lot I found was a Genuine OE Part with a Volkswagen Part number, and the fit and finish has been exceptional. Really sad that Volkswagen didn't give it to us.

Yes, you're right. I've had trouble with my dead pedal as well. There is just something off about either the width or how upright it feels in certain driving positions. I've particularly had pain when I sit higher up in the car and such situations have resulted in me resting my left foot on the flat floor.
I've been looking to get the Manual Official Aluminium Pedals for my 2020 HL+ 1.0 TSI for a long time now. My local dealership has no clue of the relevant part number. It would be of great help if you could share the part number for the same or help me source it.

I had a set from AliExpress but the brake pedal bracket design was different, so never used it. Hence looking at the genuine part only.
Old 20th February 2021, 13:20   #265
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I got to test drive a Polo TSI AT (Torque Converter). Being a TC AT user myself, here are my first impressions:

1) The TC gearbox felt laggy to shift and get moving. This is in comparison to my car's TC AT (Hyundai Verna). I should say that those who have tasted the fun of driving a Polo GT TSI with DSG box will feel like this gearbox is a big let down. Even the TC AT box in my car (Verna) gives a more instant response to driver's wish.

2) The engine felt good. Nice pick up and acceleration and I loved the sound of the engine at wide open throttle in sports mode.

3) Steering felt not so sure at very low speeds. May be a matter of getting used to.

Overall the car scored slightly below my expectations, being a VW and all.

Last edited by clevermax : 20th February 2021 at 13:26.
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 19:51   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Polo.
The HL doesn’t come with the automatic anymore. If you want the automatic, the only option is the GT.
If you look at the accessories list, there’s a more powerful bulb upgrade possible
I test drove the GT today. Felt the lurch while starting from standstill and the jerks while downshifting in the S mode (not a problem). But I was expecting a much stronger launch from standstill - I will taking another testdrive to get a more calmer opinion after the initial euphoric one.

The suspension was able to dismiss bad roads with aplomb and nothing to complain here along with the ground clearance ( tried crossing a few mammoth humps without slowing down much after the front tyre goes though to allow the suspension to compress)

Such a bummer that VW discontinued the HL+ in quest of fatter margins. It would have been good to get that armrest with ac vents + extra charging point. They quoted 6k for the armrest (the vanilla one at that) and 16k for the reverse camera!!!

Like you said we would have gladly paid for these factory fitments.

Do you mind sharing the price break up including the accessories ?

Thanks

Last edited by suhaas307 : 1st April 2021 at 11:39. Reason: jeak > jerk. / spacing for improved readability
Old 21st February 2021, 00:20   #267
BHPian

Quote:

Such a bummer that VW discontinued the HL+ in quest of fatter margins. It would have been good to get that armrest with ac vents + extra charging point.
They quoted 6k for the armrest (the vanilla one at that) and 16k for the reverse camera!!!
Hi, VW discontinued HL+? I got mine last month ago and my SA was busy selling HL+ throughout last month. I still see them in website as well.
ArunRam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 01:44   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Such a bummer that VW discontinued the HL+ in quest of fatter margins. It would have been good to get that armrest with ac vents + extra charging point.

Thanks
Asked my SA about this variant when I went to the dealership last week, they have two in stock and they said it's definitely not stopped - or at least they haven't been intimated of the same as they were taking fresh bookings for HL+ AT. Maybe your dealer's trying to take you for a ride? Perhaps try dropping an email to VW to enquire about this.
Old 21st February 2021, 09:58   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Hi, VW discontinued HL+? I got mine last month ago and my SA was busy selling HL+ throughout last month. I still see them in website as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
Asked my SA about this variant when I went to the dealership last week, they have two in stock and they said it's definitely not stopped - or at least they haven't been intimated of the same as they were taking fresh bookings for HL+ AT. Maybe your dealer's trying to take you for a ride? Perhaps try dropping an email to VW to enquire about this.
Hey - I am referring to HL+ AT. The non-AT HL+ is still being sold.

Check the above info from @hellraizer - I suppose his was another dealer compared to where I went (VW Blr vs Elite motors) - What the Sales Advisor told me is that HL+ AT was stopped in MY2021. I also do not see a mention of this in the rate card that was given to me.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 1st April 2021 at 11:40. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
kedar_GT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 16:57   #270
BHPian

Hello family, hope everyone is keeping well and taking care out there. Just here today to share that my reflex silver Polo Tsi has reached the dealer. Its a Highline Plus variant with couple of added exterior accessories like the black spoiler and mirror caps. Went for the dual horn too, must say sound much better and just loud enough for my liking.

Will surely come up with a better write up sometime later. Its been a pretty long wait, more than an year ago that I had decided I needed a premium hatchback for my everyday usage. For now am letting the moment sink in finally and sharing a few photos of the car today.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-20210223_154031.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-20210223_145844.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-20210223_153930.jpg  

purb_du is offline   (22) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks