Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2021, 17:54   #466
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by theautoman View Post
No, there is no official word or any sort of confirmation from the dealers, it is just speculation on my part as I cannot think of any other probable reason for them to refuse new bookings.

or could it be that Polo is completely taken off the Market?
I think the long waiting period (somewhere I read 6 months) could be one of the reason. They already have more orders than they can supply for next few months.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 00:00   #467
BHPian

Even I’m getting a feeling that this Matt edition is the last hurrah of the polo in India. Even in my city dealer was trying to get rid of the last 2 cars in his inventory and he was already mentioning that no production of the polo is scheduled for next 2-3 month due to tiagun and Kushaq. Also after launching the new virtus in 2022 I see no reason to keep the production line open for PQ platform Polo when everything is shifted on MQB-A0-IN.
MayurS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 10:32   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
Make sure to ask for the ECU update mentioned in this thread above for a possible EPC error. Mine was updated on 1yr/15000 service done at 9.5k kms. Haven't had any issues after that.

The car just feels ever so slightly smoother, quieter and just better running on 95 octane it desires. Here's to many more happy miles to the both of us! I'm hopeful my Polo won't be needing month long waits in the workshop anymore.
I did read your ordeal with VW SC, I hope no one goes through that experience.

What engine oil did you use during the service? There was a notification sent to VW SC for change of grade of engine oil for 1.0 TSI, is this true? Taking the car tomorrow to VW.
Old 13th October 2021, 14:46   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
I did read your ordeal with VW SC, I hope no one goes through that experience.

What engine oil did you use during the service? There was a notification sent to VW SC for change of grade of engine oil for 1.0 TSI, is this true? Taking the car tomorrow to VW.
The dealership used VWGRSpecG5W-40. I don't know anything about a notification for change of grade of the engine oil. I did mention the EPC update thing to the dealer, so if there was another update, I hope they took care of that too. I'm not a technically inclined person and only very recently was forced to understand a lot of these terms, courtesy of owning a VW.

For a lot of things, I end up trusting the technicians at the dealer. I do try to establish a personal and cordial relationship everywhere I go, hoping for that to make up for my lack of technical knowledge - in that hoping they won't screw me over that easily.
Old 15th October 2021, 11:25   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayurS View Post
Even I’m getting a feeling that this Matt edition is the last hurrah of the polo in India. Even in my city dealer was trying to get rid of the last 2 cars in his inventory and he was already mentioning that no production of the polo is scheduled for next 2-3 month due to tiagun and Kushaq. Also after launching the new virtus in 2022 I see no reason to keep the production line open for PQ platform Polo when everything is shifted on MQB-A0-IN.
I've just booked a new one to replace my 1.2L DSG! I did think of waiting for the post Virtus Polo, but after seeing the interiors of the Taigun, I decided to not wait. Hopefully I should get mine ready in a few months. I saw the matt edition in the showroom, I looked a bit plain to me.
Cayman360 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 15:13   #471
BHPian

14th October, 21: Got 7500 kms checkup done. Engine oil, oil filter changed on my demand. Viraj Automobiles (Noida) did a good job.

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20211014_122317.jpg

15th October, 21: Departed for Mumbai, target for today was Ajmer. Reached Chitvan Resort and rested.

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20211015_173330.jpg

16th October, 21: Resumed journey at 4:50am. Got rear ended by a Tata Safari (June 2021) at 5:30am on Nh48. All passengers in the Polo and the safari came out without any major injuries. 2 passengers in Safari had to transferred to Hospital. More details soon.

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20211016_061207.jpg
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20211016_061218.jpg
sinharishi is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 15:56   #472
BHPian

Quote:
5:30am on Nh48. All passengers in the Polo and the safari came out without any major injuries. 2 passengers in Safari had to transferred to Hospital. More details soon.
Man that looks like a serious accident, a lot of damage on your polo, glad everyone is safe. Looking forward to more details.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 17:55   #473
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

16th October, 21: Resumed journey at 4:50am. Got rear ended by a Tata Safari (June 2021) at 5:30am on Nh48. All passengers in the Polo and the safari came out without any major injuries. 2 passengers in Safari had to transferred to Hospital. More details soon.
Damn! That's a serious crash. Glad everyone got out safe. Specially the rear passengers.

Thank yourselves you bought a polo and not a Baleno or an i20.

Was it new Safari or old gen Safari?

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 17th October 2021 at 17:56.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 19:07   #474
BHPian

Quote:
14th October, 21:
That looks like a huge crash. Glad everyone is ok. Feels terrible to see the car in such a state!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Thank yourselves you bought a polo and not a Baleno or an i20.
Exactly what I thought. Especially when high speed Highway runs are involved.

Quote:
Was it new Safari or old gen Safari?
I guess they mentioned above that it was a June 2021 make Safari.
Shreyas_H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 22:02   #475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Resumed journey at 4:50am. Got rear ended by a Tata Safari (June 2021) at 5:30am on Nh48. All passengers in the Polo and the safari came out without any major injuries. 2 passengers in Safari had to transferred to Hospital. More details soon.
Glad to hear that no-one was seriously injured.
Looking at the pictures, I think it will be called as total loss by the insurance company. Since there seems to be damage to the structure and the rear axel, it may be hard to get it back to original state.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 22:46   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Got rear ended by a Tata Safari (June 2021) at 5:30am on Nh48. All passengers in the Polo and the safari came out without any major injuries. 2 passengers in Safari had to transferred to Hospital.
OMG. That crash looks horrifying. Thank God that no one was injured badly (hopefully). The state of the car is bad and hopefully the insurance company will call it as a total loss and you'll get the full value without much drama from the insurance provider.

Hope both the cars took the impact well.
igemini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 21:09   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayurS View Post
I see no reason to keep the production line open for PQ platform Polo when everything is shifted on MQB-A0-IN.
I do not have my full info over here, but I believe that most of the India manufactured Polos were exported to markets overseas (South America). Now that may still have some business sense unless VW is globally removing PQ platform Polo? Anyone knows ?
Old 24th October 2021, 23:49   #478
BHPian

Completed 1200 kilometres with my Polo 1.0L TSI AT today. Running as expected is quite low and I take the car out for occasional spins just to experience this lovely engine again

Sports mode is quite engaging too, especially on the highways. It can startle you how fast this little car can reach the 80kmph beep!

Have a couple of outstation trips planned soon so will test out the highway mileage by tankful method then. On an average am getting 12+ km/l in the city unless I push it really hard.

The lapiz blue does get a lot of compliments - shame it's being discontinued.

Here's a click of today evening's sunset ride -

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-pxl_20211024_1225272554.jpg

Will plan to get a handrest installed at the 6 month check up service. In the long term I do plan to get a paddle shifter equipped steering wheel.

Last edited by Shreyas_H : 24th October 2021 at 23:54.
Shreyas_H is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 09:17   #479
BHPian

Quick photo op outside my wife's office - couldn't resist sharing!
Is it just me, or does this car blend in really well with such urban settings?

On a side note - anyone experiencing a weird clicking noise when turning the steering wheel ONLY WHILE the right indicator is on? Completed ~9k kms and first service is anyway due in a month - will report to VW at that time.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-pxl_20211028_1555058662.jpg  

Last edited by ostreichwein : 29th October 2021 at 09:18.
ostreichwein is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 12:32   #480
BHPian

Walk-around video of Polo body structure. I have personally seen the same in the Volkswagen showroom nearby.
Courtesy: Team Car Delight

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks