Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2021, 21:51   #556

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by igemini View Post
Bad experience and though I am in love with my car, VW India's service centers are so lame and filled with exceptionally careless technicians. Make me feel why I couldn't do the service by myself. The only feel good factor is that if all goes well, then I should have to bring the car to service only after an year. But certainly not to this work shop again. I possibly bring the car next time to a place where they allow the owners to watch the service.

VW service = Careless Technicians + Unnecessary Delay + Damages + Part failures on brand new vehicles and what not. Welcome aboard I guess.
I completely agree, I have had the worst experience with the VW dealership since the time I booked my Polo. I was constantly let down by the attitude of the guys there.

That is when I realized that Hyundai-Kia dealership-service experience is butter smooth, I have never had any complaints about my Seltos GT line. The attitude of the service guys is very friendly and I wouldn't mind even I have I had to go to the service center for anything, because I am confident that they will treat me well.
Old 25th December 2021, 10:39   #557
BHPian

Just called VW Bhopal for Dual Tone Horn Kit for Polo. As per them this part has been permanently discontinued. Did anyone got them recently installed on their Polo?
Phukan23 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 11:35   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phukan23 View Post
Just called VW Bhopal for Dual Tone Horn Kit for Polo. As per them this part has been permanently discontinued. Did anyone got them recently installed on their Polo?
Just buy the Horn part number 6RF951221 from boodmo or service center and get the necessary clamp and bracket along with horn signal wire and install it.
Old 29th December 2021, 11:34   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phukan23 View Post
A friend did. These are available at Mumbai and Pune service centres. If Boodmo delivers, get it from them. They're genuine.
Old 3rd January 2022, 15:16   #560
BHPian

Hey all! I had booked a GT TSI in matte grey in November. The dealer quoted an ex-showroom price of ₹9,99,900. Here in Tamilnadu it falls under the 10% RTO tax bracket. But it seems Volkswagen has increased the price this month (on their website) and the Polo GT now costs ₹10,25,000, and this falls under the 15% tax bracket now.

I was wondering whether the price on the dealer quote will prevail at delivery, or will I have to cough up an extra 75k on road when the car is delivered?
Old 3rd January 2022, 16:49   #561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedirah View Post

I was wondering whether the price on the dealer quote will prevail at delivery, or will I have to cough up an extra 75k on road when the car is delivered?
Was it invoiced in 2021 and did you make the payment? If not, the new prices/taxes may be applicable.
Old 3rd January 2022, 20:13   #562
BHPian

Quote:
You'll have to pay the tax based on the invoice value. Unless the dealer willing to give you the invoice value as 999,999 or lower, you'll end up paying the road tax as per the next tax bracket.
Old 3rd January 2022, 20:42   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Hey all! I had booked a GT TSI in matte grey in November. The dealer quoted an ex-showroom price of ₹9,99,900.

This is not to answer your question. With new polo's so rare to get these days, if I were you I would just pay and get that thing registered on my name first
Old 4th January 2022, 21:43   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post
This is not to answer your question. With new polo's so rare to get these days, if I were you I would just pay and get that thing registered on my name first
Haha yes, I'm on the wait list for it since the past two months. Hopefully they deliver the car this month! Volkswagen priorities seem to be somewhere else right now, and then there's the chip shortage.
Old 5th January 2022, 12:03   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Haha yes, I'm on the wait list for it since the past two months. Hopefully they deliver the car this month! Volkswagen priorities seem to be somewhere else right now, and then there's the chip shortage.
Am told the car manufacturing has started this week so fingers crossed you should get the car around month-end. And yes, the Taigun has received a good response and with both the Taigun and the Kushaq being manufactured at Chakan near Pune, they are more keen to manufacture and sell those siblings than the Polo.

Quote:
Hey all! I had booked a GT TSI in matte grey in November. The dealer quoted an ex-showroom price of ₹9,99,900. Here in Tamilnadu it falls under the 10% RTO tax bracket. But it seems Volkswagen has increased the price this month (on their website) and the Polo GT now costs ₹10,25,000, and this falls under the 15% tax bracket now.

I'm afraid you will have to end up paying a little more than what you had paid in November. All the dealer invoices have a point highlighted which says that the ex-showroom price prevailing at the time of invoicing the vehicle will be considered.

You might want to try checking the HL Plus option which is at 9,99,900/- per the company website and does not have the GT badging, piano black finish ORVMs and the rear spoiler. These are available in the spares market so you can get it later on. What you do get is the armrest and the read ac vents. Do give it a thought.
sameer_vwagner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 20:19   #566
Senior - BHPian

The Volkswagen Polo 1.0 TSI MT and Fiat Abarth Punto on a drag strip.

Old 10th January 2022, 12:41   #567
BHPian

Folks, Volkswagen website no longer shows the Matt Grey edition for the Polo (although surprisingly it is available on the Vento). Does this mean I will not be getting the matt edition car for my booking made in November?
Old 14th January 2022, 10:28   #568
BHPian

Hi guys, it seems Polo allotments have started again. I was contacted by my dealer and he offered me a highline plus MT in Carbon Steel grey. Was a tough decision between the automatic and manual, but the dealer was of the opinion that there is very meek possibility of getting an automatic due to the chip shortage, even if I waited one more month for it. So I've decided to go ahead with the manual car. Hoping to take delivery sometime in the next two weeks!

On a side note, will I miss the auto gearbox in Bangalore traffic? My dad was of the opinion that I'll get used to it after a while. He himself drives a manual XUV300 diesel.
Old 14th January 2022, 12:36   #569
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
On a side note, will I miss the auto gearbox in Bangalore traffic?
Ofcourse you will!

In cities like Bangalore, automatics are no more a luxury, but a necessity.
Old 14th January 2022, 13:30   #570
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
On a side note, will I miss the auto gearbox in Bangalore traffic? My dad was of the opinion that I'll get used to it after a while. He himself drives a manual XUV300 diesel.
Congratulations! I see few Polos being unloaded from the transport trucks so I guess they are being produced and dispatched.

AT would make the car much more versatile (multiple drivers in the family, all type of traffic/road conditions). However Polo is an exception where you can expect to be rewarded for driving a manual - put up with some pain of dealing with traffic and enjoy open roads when opportunity comes. Can be a blessing in disguise.
androdev is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks