Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2022, 14:13   #946
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Hi guys,

I am trying to install an active subwoofer in my Polo TSI 2020 model.
I want to draw power from the fuse panel with the help of a fuse tap. I am trying to figure out which fuse tap type I should go for. I see choices of Mini, Micro or Standard. Could someone help by clarifying? Thanks in advance.
Old 15th October 2022, 10:41   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunRam View Post
Hi guys,

I am trying to install an active subwoofer in my Polo TSI 2020 model.
I want to draw power from the fuse panel with the help of a fuse tap. I am trying to figure out which fuse tap type I should go for. I see choices of Mini, Micro or Standard. Could someone help by clarifying? Thanks in advance.
Check the user/installation manual of the subwoofer for the appropriate fuse rating.

Check the below link for the fuse box diagram and the ratings:

https://fuse-box.info/volkswagen/vol...-and-relay/amp

You should ideally need a 15A fuse. I'd suggest drawing power directly from the battery with an in-line fuse, and tapping the fuse box (accessory fuse) only for the remote turn on feature. To power a subwoofer you need the proper gauge of wire, keep that in mind.
Cheers!
vedirah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 00:48   #948
BHPian

Car has been munching a lot of miles lately! I have been averaging 2.5k kms from last couple of months. I got the brakes upgraded couple of weeks back. Got Brembo discs and EBC Ultimax2 pads. Happy to report there is a significant improvement in braking as compared to OEM (Comparison is based on first few thousand kms with OEM). Loving the car every bit!

I have been noticing the boot getting too hot after a spirited drive. Got it checked and there is no heat shield between the exhaust and the chassis! I am 100% sure VW Jaipur must have missed it post repairs last year.

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-12c7b2f9607b454690b81b5b92f811b5.jpeg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-fa315684b29f45f8a09f2fa7c884e3e8.jpeg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-81b9e88bc2cf4de3a28b7ae320437c68.jpeg
sinharishi is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 16:17   #949
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Got Brembo discs and EBC Ultimax2 pads. Happy to report there is a significant improvement in braking as compared to OEM (Comparison is based on first few thousand kms with OEM). Loving the car every bit!
Great upgrade to the brakes. where did you source the parts from ? Any contact will be really helpful.
Thank you.
Old 30th October 2022, 17:06   #950
Sen
BHPian

Great upgrade. I had to upgrade the stock discs to Pagid discs + ATE pads on my vento as well to get a good improvement over stock. Until the big brake kit upgrade to 288mm discs, this'll have to do.
Old 31st October 2022, 11:18   #951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Got Brembo discs and EBC Ultimax2 pads. Happy to report there is a significant improvement in braking as compared to OEM (Comparison is based on first few thousand kms with OEM). Loving the car every bit!
Thanks for the update, Rishi. My TSI is at ~9k and I can already feel vibrations braking from higher speeds after about 300KMs for continuous driving. Will visit the ASC in a while and get their opinion. In-case they recommend change of pads/discs, which I believe is a wear/tear part and not covered under warranty, I'll opt for an upgrade to better components. Did you get stock spec rotors and pads?
Old 4th November 2022, 14:03   #952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
Thanks for the update, Rishi. My TSI is at ~9k and I can already feel vibrations braking from higher speeds after about 300KMs for continuous driving. Will visit the ASC in a while and get their opinion. In-case they recommend change of pads/discs, which I believe is a wear/tear part and not covered under warranty, I'll opt for an upgrade to better components. Did you get stock spec rotors and pads?
9000 kms is no time to change the rotors, even for the pads. Get it checked. If ASC asks you to change the rotors, get your existing ones skimmed from a lathe shop. If pads are gone, you can get new ones.
SuperSuri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 14:03   #953
BHPian

Legend Update

- Reached 2.9k on odometer. The car has seen very low run in the last 6 months.

The car is a hoot to drive and does 100+ on highways without any effort. Totally in love with the car.

- Got the engine guard installed at VW Elite Motors Bangalore. Ordered the part via VW and paid a 5k advance for it. Part took approximately 2 weeks to arrive and installation was quickly done by the workshop boys.

Attaching relevant section of the invoice if someone else is interested in picking the part along with image after final installation.

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-screenshot-20221105-2.00.01-pm.png

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_0017.jpg
vivek.ks is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 12:48   #954
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.ks View Post
- Got the engine guard installed at VW Elite Motors Bangalore. Ordered the part via VW and paid a 5k advance for it. Part took approximately 2 weeks to arrive and installation was quickly done by the workshop boys.
Nice stuff. Any new drilling needed? Or all the points for the bolts were existing in the chassis bits?

Does it have accessibility ports for oil drain / filter replacement? Or for oil/filter change - the guard will have to be removed & installed again every time? As long as they do it properly without messing up the threading for the bolt mounts - the additional 350 odd INR per oil change, shouldn't pinch much. Do share your observations after a while - about whether it invites any local fauna to stay during the nights or days of low usage.

Assuming that its a thermoplastic / PU part - the pricing is rather high, but then its a VW and a part that won't move too much in this market, so understandable I guess.

Last edited by Reinhard : 9th November 2022 at 12:54.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 09:39   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Nice stuff. Any new drilling needed? Or all the points for the bolts were existing in the chassis bits?

Does it have accessibility ports for oil drain / filter replacement?
New Drilling in not required for installing the guard. The guard itself comes in two parts, one of which is already installed in the car. It's basically the frame around the engine guard.

AFAIK it does not have any accessibility port for oil drain / filter replacement. This is a tough plastic part which feels sturdy. Only time would tell how it works against what Indian roads offer.
vivek.ks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 11:50   #956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Great upgrade to the brakes. where did you source the parts from ? Any contact will be really helpful.
Thank you.
BHPian Viraat got them installed, you can reach out to him on Team-BHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
Did you get stock spec rotors and pads?
Yes, these are stock spec.

Been doing a lot of short trips lately, almost every weekend from last month. 25,000 KMs came up in no time!

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-untitled.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-untitled2.jpg
sinharishi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 12:31   #957
BHPian

Is there a new Polo 1.0 TSI planned for November ? Got to hear that there will be one coming this month.
Old 16th November 2022, 13:41   #958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
Is there a new Polo 1.0 TSI planned for November ? Got to hear that there will be one coming this month.
Probably (if at all it comes) it is November 2023. At least that's what this portal predicts:
https://www.cardekho.com/volkswagen/polo-2022
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 18:55   #959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
Dont think so. Had heard VW's Brand Director's interview with someone on YouTube where he mentioned the new Polo might not make it to local production as its more than 4 meters in length. Only way we can see a new Polo is by CBU import mode (maybe in GTI avatar to justify high selling price).
Old 19th November 2022, 21:26   #960
BHPian

Help with my dream of owning a Polo!

(Mods: Not sure if this fit into any existing threads, hence started a new discussion; please feel free to move to a relevant thread if it already exists)

Hi all,

I have been dreaming about owning the little monster (GT TSI) as my first-ever car since I came across this beautifully narrated video by Powerdrift 8 years ago.

In these 8 years since then, I've spent probably hundreds of hours online looking at videos, reading through articles, comparison posts, ownership threads and everything related to the GT TSI. I got butterflies every time I saw a GT on the road, wondering what it would be like to own one. Now finally, I have the Polo in my shopping cart, yet owning one feels nearly impossible. Let me explain.

Some background info: I'm 25 years old, have been working for close to 3 years and I've some money saved up that I can use upfront. My budget is 6-7L and the itch for a car started when I had to rush to my hometown (~350km from Bangalore) and I did not have a vehicle of my own. Polo seemed to be out of reach initially (2L is the cash I have, apart from my emergency fund and investments), but some cajoling with my mom meant that I can now afford a Polo with some additional loan (either from a bank or from my parents). I plan to stay in Bangalore for ~2 years before moving abroad for masters during which time I will either sell the car or replace the family car (a humble Ritz). I went online looking for 1.0 TSIs launched in 2020 and not the GT TSI as I did not want to be left facing any DSG issues. I was not prepared for the shocker. The Polo seems to have barely lost any value, especially the GT TSI variant.

People are quoting 10L for a 5-year-old, 60k run car! And it is the same case with multiple online portals, like cardekho, cars24, spinny, olx autos etc! This is a 2 year old 1.0 MT Highline Plus (the exact trim that I want) and they are quoting close to 8.5L (the OTR was ~10L in 2020 if I remember correctly). I am absolutely shocked to see how a discontinued car can only lose 15% of its value over two years! Isn't a car supposed to lose 30-40% of the value in the first couple of years? I know there is a fan following for the Polo, but this is beyond what I had imagined. There just seems to be no reasonably priced (read: 2020 1.0 TSI MT Highline Plus under 7L) Polo out there and it is a bit heart-breaking :(

Rant aside, what am I asking of the group?
  1. Maybe I was living in a fairyland hoping for better prices. If so, please help me understand the current market for used Polo. Where do I look, how do I look? Open to buying the car from Bangalore or anywhere in TN.
  2. I would be purchasing the car only in Apr'23. Is there any chance of having some hope that prices might come down or I might see more 1.0 TSIs on the yard for sale?
  3. If at all I am able to find a good deal, how do I go about testing the car's mechanicals? I am new to the 'owning a car' scene so I do not know any trusted mechanics, especially in Bangalore since I am new to the city as well.
  4. Given that the Polo is from the VAG stable, how much can I expect to spend on maintenance every year?
  5. What else should I do when looking to buy my first-ever car?

Any help/advice is much appreciated!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks