The 1L TSI outguns the 1.5L I-VTEC.

CEF_Beasts is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 20:09   #227
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
That's exactly what I had posted in the Honda city thread after the test drive of ivtec 5G. Honestly, the ivtec felt "meh" when compared to this lovely 1.0 tsi.

I drove the 1.0 tsi polo which has to be even better than the rapid due to 100kg weight advantage.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 06:37   #228
BHPian

Okay. So there you go. While I have been stuck with the decision of replacing my Grand i10 with the new Skoda, my friend just went ahead and booked his Monte Carlo. It was an instinctive but direct from heart decision. Since I am stuck in the hospital, undergoing Covid recovery, I may not be meeting him soon. Guess what, it was this review here to that made him decide. He conveys his thanks and hopes to be part of our forum some day.
thiagar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 19:00   #229
BHPian

Here's the new Rapid for international markets, it is a larger car than the old Rapid & could be called something different here in India.

John316_WRC is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 12:47   #230
BHPian

Is Skoda's Standard/Enhanced maintenance package worth the money?

Does the behaviour of the Service Centre change if am paying cash or paying via the package?

Last edited by sen2693 : 10th May 2021 at 13:03. Reason: Added additional query
sen2693 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 23:04   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John316_WRC View Post
Here's the new Rapid for international markets, it is a larger car than the old Rapid & could be called something different here in India.
Hi John, this Rapid is actually called Rapid NH in Russia and was launched in 2012 itself, the one you have posted above is just a facelift of the the same model, mechanically it remains identical (confirmed by a Moscow based owner in my contacts). The one we would be getting here in India would be based on VW Virtus and most likely it’s going to be called Slavia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2693 View Post
Is Skoda's Standard/Enhanced maintenance package worth the money?

Does the behaviour of the Service Centre change if am paying cash or paying via the package?
Buy it eyes closed and also buy that 6 year extended warranty, its worth every single rupee. Service package actually turns out be cheaper than paying at regular service. And regarding the attitude of service centre, it won’t make a difference because when you get the car serviced at the A.S.S., the payment for the same would be made by the company to them, so you don’t have to worry about it. From my personal experience, the service experience has been fantastic so far for me.
sachin_cs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2021, 01:04   #232
BHPian

I got both the SMP and the extended warranty. Still another 7K for the service. Lets hope all good happens.
ankitsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2021, 23:27   #233
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Not really a surprise! Powerdrift had earlier outgunned the City 1.5 iVTec manual with the Rapid 1.0 TSI Torque converter AT.

No replacement for displacement!

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th May 2021, 23:23   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I own a KIA Sonet and not looking for a car purchase anytime soon. I just had a test drive of the Polo 1.0 AT once. So, not sure why I'm looking at the 1.0 TSI videos and grinning ear to ear.

Maybe, I'm just a stupid VAG fan!
7000plusrpm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 07:56   #235
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Not really a surprise! Powerdrift had earlier outgunned the City 1.5 iVTec manual with the Rapid 1.0 TSI Torque converter AT.
One of the best sedans / cars under the Rs. 13-14L range in India has to be the Rapid. The Rider variant is a lottery for the buyer. But service and resale woes are keeping me away. I enjoy watching such YouTube videos of the Rapid, but I am not planning to own one.

Last edited by Aditya : 16th May 2021 at 05:22. Reason: Grammar
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 15th May 2021, 12:13   #236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
One of the best sedans / cars under the Rs. 13-14L range in India has to be the Rapid. The Rider variant is a lottery for the buyer. But service and resale woes are keeping me away. I enjoy watching such YouTube videos of the Rapid, but I am not planning to own one.
Agreed, You also need to take into account the fuel efficiency or the lack of, in comparison to your 1.3 MJD. It's an efficient engine for someone with a light foot, but doesn't give good numbers if you are even a bit enthusiastic.

Last edited by Aditya : 16th May 2021 at 05:23. Reason: Quoted text edited
PrasannaDhana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 19:06   #237
BHPian

Hello Bhpians,

Can someone confirm the wheel size till the Ambition variant? I understand from the website that from Onyx onward, 16 inch alloys are provided. Does Rapid come with a 16 inch steel rims atleast in the lower variants or is it a size down?
Old 15th May 2021, 19:18   #238
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
Hello Bhpians,

Can someone confirm the wheel size till the Ambition variant? I understand from the website that from Onyx onward, 16 inch alloys are provided. Does Rapid come with a 16 inch steel rims atleast in the lower variants or is it a size down?
Rider, rider plus have 15 inch steel rims
Ambition has 15 inch alloys
agambhandari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2021, 14:00   #239
BHPian

I am considering the Rider Plus AT. Before the lockdown I checked with Gurudev Motors the sales person said there are no discounts offered on this variant and waiting period is 6-8 weeks.He wasn't too keen to sell the car to me.

I was in 2 minds then and did not book it. Now I have decided to go ahead and waiting for the lockdown to be relaxed to proceed with the booking.

There is an online option to book it on the Skoda website for Rs 25000/-.

I would like to know whether the waiting period would have increased now because of the Lockdowns?Also if any one is aware of any discounts offered in Chennai dealerships? The problem is there is a monopoly by Gurudev Motors as they run both dealerships in Chennai and not very forthcoming with offers?

If I opt for the online booking and later once the dealerships are open will they consider to offer some discounts if any available at that time.

Any inputs will be helpful.
sameer sultan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2021, 18:06   #240

BHPians,

Request someone with a Rapid TSI to check the owners manual and confirm the engine oil grade and quantity to be replaced at service.

Any inputs will be helpful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks