Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2021, 16:19   #346
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKavadi View Post
Cross posting from the S-Cross thread.

The options which Ive shortlisted are the S-Cross zeta auto, Rapid Ambition AT and after going through a few threads on TBHP, the XL6 Auto Zeta/Alpha AT.

All these options fall in the 13-14 lakh price bucket. Another option which I’m looking at is a preowned Altis. MY16-17 examples are currently quoted for around 8-10 lakhs in Mumbai (running around 50-80k, single owner)

I have test driven all of the above except the Altis and given the routes I test drove on, I couldn’t find too much of a difference in the scross, xl6 or rapid. Do note that I am a sedate driver and convenience of an auto tranny is of utmost importance.

Looking for some guidance to help me finalize.
Altis would be my pick initially if not looking for an enthusiastic daily driver. S-cross for lower cost of ownership and stress free life. No turbo no fuss.

Rapid if looking for enthusiasm and have the patience with Skoda ASS.

Altis -> S-cross -> Rapid
Old 12th October 2021, 20:16   #347
BHPian

Airbag Warning Light On:

My Rapid has crossed the 12,000 Kms mark in 10th month of its ownership. After a fairly extensive use and Dussehra around the corner, I took the car for an interior germ clean + exterior wash and detailing job at the nearest 3M Car Care. The job done to was fairly good and I was happy with the outcome.

The bill was settled and I set out to drive away. Once I started the car, the Airbag light remained lit. Waited for a minute or two but the same still remained lit.

I brought this to the notice of the manager there who had no clue what to make of it and dismissed it as a common issue with Skodas.

First Suspect : Water in the airbag impact sensor
I opened the hood and had the attendant use an air gun to extensively blow dry down areas where I presumed the Airbag sensor might be placed.

Second Suspect: Seatbelt/Airbag/Weight Sensors placed under the seats
Since I have fabric seats, I suspected that maybe its either the moisture that is fouling with the sensors or any of the under-seat wires have come loose. Checked on both - seemed fine.

Third and most Scary Suspect: Broken/Damaged Steering Clock Spring
With no immediate solution in sight, I decided to drive home and check on this next day with the ASS. Later that night, the horn was gone too! I have had this scenario in my Honda Jazz (i.e. Airbag sign + No Horn) and the reason was a damaged clock spring. A clock spring is a freely revolving circular complex electronic piece made of plastic and contains a reel of thin bus cable inside that is placed behind the steering wheel. It carries the electric current for the horn, Airbag and steering mounted controls and allows for the bus cable to revolve with the steering.

After switching the car on-off 2-3 times, luckily the horn resumed working and the steering controls are working fine too.

Called Skoda ASS and discussed the problem. They do not have a door step service option and said they were happy to give me an appointment for a visit to their workshop after 20th Oct! Apparently they are "too occupied" with existing appointments.

I know a fairly big and professional FNG who take up a lot of Skoda-VW car works and have an OBD scanner tool as well. Will this help to clear the error if there is no other hardware malfunction? Will just a scan and error code clearing lead to any warranty hassles later? Please advise.

Last edited by R_Gowardhan : 12th October 2021 at 20:23.
R_Gowardhan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 19:39   #348

Hi, My question might be very silly for some however I am confused between Suzuki S cross and Skoda Rapid. I am looking at automatic options.

Skoda dealer is offering me Ambition @ 100 K discount on the on road pricing. is it a good buy??
Old 23rd October 2021, 20:10   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobots View Post
Hi, My question might be very silly for some however I am confused between Suzuki S cross and Skoda Rapid. I am looking at automatic options.

Skoda dealer is offering me Ambition @ 100 K discount on the on road pricing. is it a good buy??
Though both these cars are from 2 segments, in terms of the transmission and the TSI engine, Rapid is miles ahead of the S Cross. As far as I recollect, the S Cross AT comes with an ancient 4 speed AT, I believe the 1990's Suzuki cars used to have that. But the S Cross Manual is a lot better.

Since you consider only AT and you will get a 100k Discount for Rapid, it's worth as far as I'm concerned. But ensure to check the car in detail. Also, there is a possibility that the Rapid may get replaced very soon, if that's a concern for you. But if I was in your situation, I may get the Rapid over S Cross.
igemini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 14:19   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobots View Post

I agree with the above post as well. I was in a similar quandary as I really liked the S-Cross's build quality (felt like an European car). I was tired of driving MT all these years and hence wanted to go for an AT. The S-Cross's AT is an ancient 4 speed TC which is like 2 decades old tech whereas the Rapid's Engine + AT is at a whole different league - You have to drive it for a while to experience the magic!

But if you are looking for an MT, still I would prefer the Rapid for the engine as the S-Cross is not a turbocharged unit and the N/A engine's power is mediocre (It's no slouch).

My previous car was a Jazz Petrol MT and I terribly missed the torque at low RPMs and didn't want to end up with a similar car despite the upgrade (I am told the S-Cross has good driveability though).

But one TD of the Rapid swayed me away from other cars and plonked my money on it.
eyesice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 18:36   #351

Oh yes. I test drove the s cross and I found it much punchier than the old 1.3 however yet to drive the AT of rapid. Also I see many Bhpians flavouring rapid as it give better power and fuel efficiency. Will test it by Tuesday and decide.
Autobots is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 11:56   #352
BHPian

I am looking to replace the tires for my 2015 Rapid, which are still on original tires. Can anyone suggest good place to do so in Bangalore?
Old 26th December 2021, 22:30   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidban85 View Post
I am looking to replace the tires for my 2015 Rapid, which are still on original tires. Can anyone suggest good place to do so in Bangalore?
Though I have not been there myself but users on the forum and ownership group report Madhu's in JC road to be good.
Old 1st January 2022, 01:21   #354

Our 2021 Skoda Rapid's underbody was hit hard by a speed breaker, but we couldn't assess any visual damage. This incident took place on 30th December in the outskirts of Hyderabad, and since there wasn't any leakage (oil/fuel) or any kind of power loss, gearbox issues, warning/error lights we continued our journey for another 40 odd kms back home.

On our way back home, we didn't notice any problems with our car's performance so I hope there wasn't any major damage.

Just to make sure everything is okay, I'm going to take the car to the service center today or tomorrow.

My question is, should I get it towed or just drive down myself?
Old 1st February 2022, 16:39   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post
Our 2021 Skoda Rapid's underbody was hit hard by a speed breaker, but we couldn't assess any visual damage. This incident took place on 30th December in the outskirts of Hyderabad, and since there wasn't any leakage (oil/fuel) or any kind of power loss, gearbox issues, warning/error lights we continued our journey for another 40 odd kms back home.

On our way back home, we didn't notice any problems with our car's performance so I hope there wasn't any major damage.

Just to make sure everything is okay, I'm going to take the car to the service center today or tomorrow.

My question is, should I get it towed or just drive down myself?
Just drive it man. I just did a Del -> Blr -> Del with nearly 7500 Kms. Got the underbelly hit multiple times. Yes the worst ones were the speed humps on Hyd -> Blr highway. But all is good.
It is a low slung sedan and will surely hit a lot of things. Drive unless you see some error or leak.
Also just check the tyres & rims once. I got it in a big pothole and the FL tyre developed a sidewall bulge.
ankitsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 11:04   #356

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post
Just drive it man. I just did a Del -> Blr -> Del with nearly 7500 Kms. Got the underbelly hit multiple times. Yes the worst ones were the speed humps on Hyd -> Blr highway. But all is good.
It is a low slung sedan and will surely hit a lot of things. Drive unless you see some error or leak.
Also just check the tyres & rims once. I got it in a big pothole and the FL tyre developed a sidewall bulge.
Hey, I got the underbody checked at the service center just to make sure everything was alright, and there was slight damage to the underbody, but nothing major. I guess I have to careful from next time.
Frostbite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 20:58   #357
Senior - BHPian

Is the higher variant Rapids' entertainment system swapped at the dealer, and if there is a car still available to buy is there any way to have a higher variant delivered with the Ambition trim level's smaller (is it RCD 340G?) but reportedly better system?

Asking for a friend whom I am trying to encourage to get a variant with torso airbags.

Last edited by ron178 : 7th February 2022 at 21:04.
ron178 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 11:20   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post
Is the higher variant Rapids' entertainment system swapped at the dealer...
Yes, dealer swaps the factory fitted RCD340 on the higher trims for the inferior android head unit. Unlikely, you’d find an unsold Rapid TSI I believe, if at all there could be matte edition alone I’m afraid. I’d say better talk to the dealership in your city directly. Good luck!
TurboGuy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2022, 15:35   #359
BHPian

This is some homemade DIY power window conversion done on Skoda Rapid Rider variant:

Instagram Reels link

Last edited by sarav100 : 31st March 2022 at 15:37.
sarav100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 20:43   #360
BANNED

Anyone here owning Monte Carlo version changed their seat covers? I feel the fit and feel of the Monte Carlo seat covers are below average and I am getting pain in the a$$ (literally) after travelling for around 2 hours.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks