Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2022, 19:34   #376
BANNED

Re: Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
I had this exact problem a couple of months ago (1.0 TSI hit the 1 year mark and 13000KM) then. The weird metal clunking sounds while going over speed bumps, and some potholes drove me crazy and I tried checking the struts, checked if the tools were loose in the boot and lots of other things.

Suddenly one day, the sound altogether stopped and never occurred again.
I have gone to ASS with the findings and they also agreed that it's the steering rack which is causing the noise. They have replaced the entire steering rack under warranty, and now the sound is gone. The steering has become a little more light at parking speeds. I feel the slight weird vibration on hard braking is also gone now.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 19:19   #377
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I have a Rapid 1.0 TSI in the Style trim. Owning it for a year now and I'm loving the experience.

Recently, the head unit, which is essentially an Android tablet with a Skoda skin on top, is giving me some issues. I am not able to update the apps from Play Store nor download any new ones. It just gets stuck at Download pending.

I took it to the service centre and they have also not been able to diagnose the issue. I've gone through some Android forums too to figure out a solution but to no avail.

Would you have any idea how to fix it?
Old 11th December 2022, 23:48   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Mathur View Post
Would you have any idea how to fix it?
Looks like a software bug. Can’t the ASC apply a fix or update firmware (if any), if not a factory reset? Android HUs are known for their bugginess, but isn’t it covered under warranty? If they cannot fix it, ideally they should replace the HU, I suppose.
Old 12th December 2022, 10:32   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboGuy View Post
Looks like a software bug. Can’t the ASC apply a fix or update firmware (if any), if not a factory reset? Android HUs are known for their bugginess, but isn’t it covered under warranty? If they cannot fix it, ideally they should replace the HU, I suppose.
Yes, if they are unable to find a fix, I will ask for a replacement. Maybe I'll get the new Slavia one

I'm sure it's a small software glitch, it's a pity that they don't give us Admin rights to the tab else I'm sure I could have done a reset myself. Will talk to them about it.
Old 25th February 2023, 11:57   #380
Senior - BHPian

If you wanted an affordable fast car you got a Laura TSI and did the standard Stage 1/2/3 remap with the necessary hardware updates and you had a fun car.

Now if you were on a lower budget you bought Polo 1.2 GT TSI and did the same. In Goa I see plenty of these with the same following mods:
- Code 6 Remap
- GTI Grill
- Projector headlamps
- Upgraded wheels and tyres
- Lowering springs
- Automech FF exhaust.

Problem is it's not so easy to find a 1.2 TSI. The 1.0 TSI is the next option (A better option I may say). However this is more difficult to find than the 1.2 TSI.

So why am I posting all this in this thread?

Well I'm guessing that Skoda sold more 1.0 TSI Rapids than VW Polo's. Plus most of them are manuals. This should make it the perfect candidate for the mods I mentioned above.

Has anyone done that?
Old 15th March 2023, 17:21   #381
BHPian

Folks, do you believe the steering wheel rotation of the Rapid is a bit more tighter than few other cars? I asked the SA during service and they said that it does have a heavier grip to give a stable ride feeling at high speeds. I have felt the wheet to be firmer than say Creta or a Swift.

Also, anyone has any experience with using Dashcams. The SA told me if I wiretap the dashcam then I will lose electrical warranty. I can only connect via the charging port. Has anone tried to claim warranty/insurance after dash cam installed. Did you face any issues?
Old 29th March 2023, 15:32   #382

Hello everyone!

I would like to firstly thank you all for sharing so much information on this thread that helped me find a low run pre worshipped Ambition AT 2021 model as my upgrade from the long serving 2011 FIAT Punto 1.3 MJD.

This is our 5th car in the family and everyone is happy about picking this car despite the platform being so old. As an enthusiast and an automobile engineer myself, I backed the decision to buy the Rapid 1.0 TSI AT despite being discontinued in the market proved to be a delightful experience.

I enjoyed the first 2000kms drive thoroughly and slowly started looking in to the VAG mod universe already .

From the VW Polo GT TSI thread on Team bhp, I understood that the engine oil to be used in the 1.0 TSI has been changed to VW 508 00/ 500 00 which is equivalent to a 0W 20 IIRC. Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-erwin-0w20.jpg

But during my recent service the engine oil used was VWGR Spec G 5W 40. Though I learned this after receiving the final bill and it was too late to change, I would like to understand if this is a common mistake from the Skoda ASS or is there anyone facing issues because of this old oil spec.

thanks for the feedback.
Old 19th May 2023, 12:59   #383
BHPian

Question to 1.0 TSI AT owners -

Do you find the RPM needle randomly rising up during cruising, even when you have NOT DEPRESSED the accelerator pedal?

For example - When I am cruising at 1800 RPM in D6 ( around 80kph), my RPM needle once in a while raises to 1900 for few seconds and comes back to 1800.

Is this normal? Kindly clarify.

Last edited by 1LR-GUE : 19th May 2023 at 13:01. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 19th May 2023, 14:15   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LR-GUE View Post

Do you find the RPM needle randomly rising up during cruising, even when you have NOT DEPRESSED the accelerator pedal?

For example - When I am cruising at 1800 RPM in D6 ( around 80kph), my RPM needle once in a while raises to 1900 for few seconds and comes back to 1800.
When the AC compressor goes on/off, there will be a slight change in engine RPM. But the engaging/disengaging of the compressor can be clearly felt.
Old 28th June 2023, 23:25   #385
BHPian

Hi all,

I have a 2020 Škoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Ambition & went in for its third annual service maintenance last week. And I was told that the battery is throwing a defect & needs to be replaced & the cranking suggests that the battery is at a slight lower voltage. I was fine with changing the battery, however the SA has informed that it’s out of stock & there are already 15 Rapids in the service center alone waiting for the same. Then I enquired if there’s no stock, can I get a new battery from outside? Then he said it’d void my car’s warranty.

Is this statement true? Would getting a brand new battery of a different make from an FNG void the car’s warranty? I also have an extended warranty bought at the time of car purchase. Any idea how I can tackle the issue, as I’m not confident to take out of town trips, fearing the battery may die & get me stranded.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thank you,
Neo
Old 29th June 2023, 05:06   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_narender View Post
... can I get a new battery from outside? Then he said it’d void my car’s warranty.

Is this statement true?
Yes, getting an outside battery would void the warranty.
Check the Polo thread where one BHPian faced similar issue.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 4th August 2023 at 19:46. Reason: Trimmed quote.
anoopvk268 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 19:01   #387
BHPian

Hi All
Does anyone know the difference between Rider Plus, Active and Ambition. All are 2021 model and manual. I am looking for a used car and hence the question.

Vinodh
Old 14th August 2023, 22:42   #388

Hello Friends,

I own a Scoda Rapid TST 2020 model in white colour. I purchased it in 2020 itself and it been 3 years and wonderful driving experience . I just completed the 3rd annual service of the car with around 31000 kms complete.

I have not done any modifications as such to the car due to the scare of warranty lapse and horror stories of Scoda ASS.

My question to all of you is, would it make sense to get a PPF done to protect the car from scratches after 3 years now ? I have not had major scatches on the car apart a few minor ones on the bumper (touch wood !). I'm looking foward to keep it for a good 10-15 years, hence the question.

Best Wishes,
Syed
Old 29th August 2023, 01:40   #389

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh_eee View Post
Hi All
Does anyone know the difference between Rider Plus, Active and Ambition. All are 2021 model and manual. I am looking for a used car and hence the question.

Vinodh
Hi Vinodh,

There is no Active variant in Rapid TSI 2021 model. Ambition variant has following extra features compared to Rider Plus variant:
  • Alloy wheels
  • Projector headlights
  • Fog lights
  • Electrically foldable ORVM
  • Audio controls on steering wheel
  • LED DRLs
  • Driver seat height adjustment
  • Anti theft alarm
Old 3rd September 2023, 08:32   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidBoy View Post
Hi Vinodh,

There is no Active variant in Rapid TSI 2021 model. Ambition variant has following extra features compared to Rider Plus variant:
Yes, I couldn't find specs in any websites, including Skoda's official website. However I saw one 2021 Active variant on sale in cars24. That car seems to have been sold.

I can still see a couple of 2020 Active variants in their website. https://www.cars24.com/buy-used-skod...re-1022636166/.

Was the active variant launched officially at any time (may be 2020)?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks