Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2020, 16:21   #61

Re: Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastey93 View Post
Fellow Rapid Rider owners, are you facing any issue with the HU while playing music via Bluetooth?
Yes! I am facing the exact same issue. And I tried everything but to no avail. On that particular day tried it with multiple phones and the result was the same. I had assumed it was an isolated issue with my HU. It now works for me and I didn't do anything specific but disconnected and reconnected on a different day! The second it stops working I plan to take it to the service station. I would also be interested in knowing if there is a proper fix for this or if I am doing anything wrong.
I would suggest you try
- disconnecting and reconnecting.
- try multiple phones
- restrat engine?
Hopefully something clicks and you're good to go.
Squanderer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 20:23   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squanderer View Post
I would suggest you try
- disconnecting and reconnecting.
I tried doing all the suggested options but it didn't work but when I tried after a couple of hours it started working fine. It feels like being under mercy of the HU! Need to find a solution to it.

Also, which petrol are you using in your car? I'm using Shell VPower but planning to shift to BP Speed once I empty this tank.

Last edited by ampere : 9th August 2020 at 20:30. Reason: compacted quoted post
Old 14th August 2020, 17:45   #63
BHPian

Here's a YouTube video in Hindi demonstrating the new Rapid Rider Plus variant.

Source:Power on Wheel YouTube channel.
Sahilrai166 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 17:02   #64
BHPian

A very special thanks to the moderators for accepting my membership.

I have just got myself a Rapid Ambition TSI and as I am super excited about the car and this Team BHP membership has been an icing on the cake.

The Official review especially the comments by GTO sir greatly helped me in making my purchase decision as I needed some wise words before going against the tide of SUVs in favor of a Sedan.
apache_aayush is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 22:04   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by apache_aayush View Post
I have just got myself a Rapid Ambition TSI and as I am super excited about the car and this Team BHP membership has been an icing on the cake.
Congratulation on your new car, I wish u many happy miles. Would you like to share what deal did u get on your purchase? Please do share some pictures and overall initial experience with the car.
Old 19th August 2020, 08:48   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akmaintu View Post
Congratulation on your new car, I wish u many happy miles. Would you like to share what deal did u get on your purchase? Please do share some pictures and overall initial experience with the car.
Thank you so much for your kind words!

On Road price of Rapid Ambition is Rs 11.35 Lacs in Indore and I got the final deal at Rs. 10.72 Lacs. The price infact could be lower by around five thousand if I had taken insurance from TATA AIG but I chose to take insurance from the dealer.

I have not driven the car much till now and will share a comprehensive experience once I pile on sufficient miles under the belt. However, one thing I am pleasantly surprised is the low end performance , the turbo lag is very well contained and the light clutch makes it very easy to drive in city traffic.

I got a toffee brown color as my colony already has 2 Carbon Steel Rapid so decided for a new color.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-img_20200802_173453.jpg  

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-img_20200802_173524.jpg  

apache_aayush is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 12:55   #67

Quote:
Thank you so much for your kind words!
The car looks stunning in this color!
Any particular reason why you didn't go for Onyx variant as the difference in price is approx 20K only? Last week when I enquired about the deal/discount on Style variant and they quoted me an ex-showroom price of Rs.10.70 Lakh and I think I will be able to grab some more discounts over this.
Did you opt for extended warranty and maintenance package?
Old 19th August 2020, 16:21   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akmaintu View Post
The car looks stunning in this color!
Any particular reason why you didn't go for Onyx variant as the difference in price is approx 20K only? Last week when I enquired about the deal/discount on Style variant and they quoted me an ex-showroom price of Rs.10.70 Lakh and I think I will be able to grab some more discounts over this.
Did you opt for extended warranty and maintenance package?
I got the on road price as Rs 10.70 lacs and not the ex showroom as 10.70.

I and my family did not like the blue color of the onyx and this toffee brown color looks much better and the discount was also substantial on the ambition variant.
Old 19th August 2020, 17:03   #69
BHPian

Quote:
I got the on road price as Rs 10.70 lacs and not the ex showroom as 10.70.
I have got a quote on Polo Highline Plus TSI MT of 9.05 Lakhs on road - Pune. Considering the rear and boot space, feature rich Ambition variant and status quo, a good 1.65 lakhs is justifiable.

Quote:
I and my family did not like the blue color of the onyx and this toffee brown color looks much better and the discount was also substantial on the ambition variant.
Lapiz blue is stunning when well maintained. However, the said condition takes a lot of effort, time and money. Apart from the alloy wheel design, Rapid is a looker for me. Heartiest congratulations
VWAllstar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 17:07   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
I have got a quote on Polo Highline Plus TSI MT of 9.05 Lakhs on road - Pune. Considering the rear and boot space, feature rich Ambition variant and status quo, a good 1.65 lakhs is justifiable.

Lapiz blue is stunning when well maintained. However, the said condition takes a lot of effort, time and money. Apart from the alloy wheel design, Rapid is a looker for me. Heartiest congratulations
I actually like the blue color which has been discontinued. You can also see it in the official review of the facelifted rapid. Also the onyx gets a grey interior which was also another downer for me.
Old 19th August 2020, 20:11   #71
BHPian

Quote:
I got a toffee brown color as my colony already has 2 Carbon Steel Rapid so decided for a new color.
Hi there, this toffee brown shade looks stunning. Heartiest congratulations for the car dear, I’m sure it will keep you happy for years to come, despite being an ageing car, there’s a charm about German cars. I own a 2019 DSG and I can assure you one thing- that the more you drive her, the more you fall in love with her. I have completed 33k in 16 months and she still rides the way it did on the day one if not better. Do pen down an ownership review and Wish you happy mile munching
sachin_cs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 21:03   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
Hi there, this toffee brown shade looks stunning. Heartiest congratulations for the car dear, I’m sure it will keep you happy for years to come, despite being an ageing car, there’s a charm about German cars. I own a 2019 DSG and I can assure you one thing- that the more you drive her, the more you fall in love with her. I have completed 33k in 16 months and she still rides the way it did on the day one if not better. Do pen down an ownership review and Wish you happy mile munching
Thank you so much for your best wishes. Rapid makes me fall in love with itself and sometimes in life we must acknowledge love and emotions as not everything is maths.

Some features here and there can never supersede the driving pleasure and I have always admired Engineering much more. Buying Rapid at this stage of its life does make me a rebel of sorts though
apache_aayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 21:57   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Owners of the new 1.0 tsi who have clocked a few thousand km already, can you please share the real world actual fuel efficiency of the rapid 1.0(or the polo if you have one)?

What fuel efficiency can a guy with a heavy right foot expect from the motor? Or as Skoda simply yet brilliantly portrays in its latest rapid ad, what can Mr. Preet expect?

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 19th August 2020 at 22:01.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 23:16   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Owners of the new 1.0 tsi who have clocked a few thousand km already, can you please share the real world actual fuel efficiency of the rapid 1.0(or the polo if you have one)?

What fuel efficiency can a guy with a heavy right foot expect from the motor? Or as Skoda simply yet brilliantly portrays in its latest rapid ad, what can Mr. Preet expect?
A cousin owns a Polo 1.0 TSI MT since 8 days and he has already driven to and fro Mumbai - Pune few times clocking near about 1500 KMs. Due to very less traffic on the expressway and driving early morning may have helped, he managed 18.xx KMPL driving from Mumbai to Pune. The car being new, did not revv the engine more than 3K. From Pune to Mumbai, he managed 21.xx KMPL thanks to the slopes, cruise control and shell v power petrol. Overall he has been getting >18 KMPL with 80-20 highway - city driving. He is just waiting to cross 5K KMs to run in the engine however I feel his patience is already runnig low

I drove his Polo for a short distance of 30 KMs and consciously kept the revvs at around 2000-2100 and the MID showed an average consumption of 24.xx KMPL. Needless to say, the car is a gem and you need some God gifted self control to not redline it.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 19th August 2020 at 23:20.
VWAllstar is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 21:07   #75
BHPian

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-e527a4f6a77649bf9fc355107e1ae15e.jpegI don’t know how authentic is this but received a text message from Skoda dealer in Jaipur, the Rapid TSI AT is now available for booking.

Most Viewed