Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2020, 17:09   #76
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review

Skoda has just announced extended warranty package for 5th and 6th year. Do you guys think its worth going for it. The dilemma is that if nothing goes wrong in the first four years what can go wrong in the next two.
Old 22nd August 2020, 07:39   #77
BHPian

Some updates on Auto Rapid.
  • Booking are open. Bengaluru local dealers are taking booking for 10k
  • Rapid Rider will get an auto box
  • Rider and Ambition will be first set of vehicles coming in for test ride
  • Test ride cars dispatch will happen by month end
sathya.bhat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 08:31   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apache_aayush View Post
Skoda has just announced extended warranty package for 5th and 6th year. Do you guys think its worth going for it. The dilemma is that if nothing goes wrong in the first four years what can go wrong in the next two.
I am of the opinion to have as many years covered under warranty as given by the manufacturer. It has been written and said a lot on Skoda ASS which makes it all the more imperative for owners to get that warranty extended. To give you my example, I bought a Vento in 2017 with two years of warranty. I was offered to extend the warranty period to 4 years during the purchase for Rs. 15K additional. However I denied and later in the year 2019 I paid 27K to extend the warranty by another 2 years. Apart from saving some money, with German cars the reliability is not as high as a Japanese car. Moreover, the parts are expensive if not covered under warranty. I would strongly suggest to buy the extended warranty immediately as yours is relatively new and they can offer you at a good price.
VWAllstar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 01:47   #79
BHPian

Quote:

I have just got myself a Rapid Ambition TSI and as I am super excited about the car and this Team BHP membership has been an icing on the cake.
Congratulations on your new purchase. The toffee brown does look stunning. I did have 1 question for you.

Can you purchase an underbody engine protection kit as an accessory from showroom, since the car doesn’t come with one and the GC is around 165 mm which is on the lower side?
Old 23rd August 2020, 08:03   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
I drove his Polo for a short distance of 30 KMs and consciously kept the revvs at around 2000-2100 and the MID showed an average consumption of 24.xx KMPL. Needless to say, the car is a gem and you need some God gifted self control to not redline it.
Sounds amazing! But when you intentionally keep the revs below 2000RPM, is there sufficient power to cruise around? Or does the car feel lethargic? Also how many people were with you in that drive?
Old 23rd August 2020, 09:59   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Sounds amazing! But when you intentionally keep the revs below 2000RPM, is there sufficient power to cruise around? Or does the car feel lethargic? Also how many people were with you in that drive?
It was only my cousin, myself and my wife in the car with no luggage. TSI freely revs and it is easier to keep it above 1800 RPM. However, in bumper to bumper traffic I assume it would struggle a bit. I drove on the highways with almost no traffic on road. Turbo lag is well contained but as mentioned in B2B traffic, it would behave more like a MPI than a TSI.
For cruising it is the ideal engine as the torque is linear from ~1800 - 3000 RPM. Rev it and then upshift to keep it within this band and you shall have a pleasurable drive.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 23rd August 2020 at 10:01.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 23:01   #82
BHPian

Quote:

As per expert’s advice received here, I will recommend going for the 5th & 6th Year extended warranty. I was in two minds too, but if you go through related threads on this forum you will get to know that, it will be worth taking extended warranty. Do inform about the price they have quoted to you for the same, for my 1year11months old Rapid they are quoting approx 31k for the 5th & 6th year warranty.
Do visit the relevant thread for more clarity,

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...aunched-4.html (Skoda Shield Plus with 6 year extended warranty launched)
Old 24th August 2020, 13:55   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by any23 View Post
As per expert’s advice received here, I will recommend going for the 5th & 6th Year extended warranty. I was in two minds too, but if you go through related threads on this forum you will get to know that, it will be worth taking extended warranty. Do inform about the price they have quoted to you for the same, for my 1year11months old Rapid they are quoting approx 31k for the 5th & 6th year warranty.
Do visit the relevant thread for more clarity,

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...aunched-4.html (Skoda Shield Plus with 6 year extended warranty launched)
Yes the quote they are giving is approx Rs 31k for 5th and 6th year warranty. I also called the dealership to confirm whether the extended warranty covers everything as covered under the standard warranty and the answer was affirmative. So i guess its worth taking the extended warranty and I am going for it.
Old 27th August 2020, 17:50   #84
BHPian

Zac Hollis officially announced today about commencing of bookings for Rapid AT @25000 refundable amount.
Old 29th August 2020, 13:52   #85
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know if the auto up/down for all windows can be “enabled” in the Rider variants?

Also, I think the four button unit can be installed in the driver side door, but not sure of the wiring. Since these cars are modular, I’m sure it will be possible. Just need an owner to try, and then update this thread.

IMHO Rider Plus Auto at <=9.15L ex-showroom will be a game changer for Skoda.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 12:36   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squanderer View Post
Yes! I am facing the exact same issue. And I tried everything but to no avail. On that particular day tried it with multiple phones and the result was the same. I had assumed it was an isolated issue with my HU. It now works for me and I didn't do anything specific but disconnected and reconnected on a different day! The second it stops working I plan to take it to the service station. I would also be interested in knowing if there is a proper fix for this or if I am doing anything wrong.
I would suggest you try
- disconnecting and reconnecting.
- try multiple phones
- restrat engine?
Hopefully something clicks and you're good to go.
Is your HU working fine now? Mine started acting funny again since yesterday. It’s such an irritating feeling. I called up Skoda customer care and informed about the issue, they said they’ll arrange a call back from my dealer service centre. Hope they’ll be able to fix it with a software update or something.
Old 1st September 2020, 10:13   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastey93 View Post
Is your HU working fine now? Mine started acting funny again since yesterday. It’s such an irritating feeling. I called up Skoda customer care and informed about the issue, they said they’ll arrange a call back from my dealer service centre. Hope they’ll be able to fix it with a software update or something.
Well thankfully mine hasn't acted up again after the first few episodes. Likely because i stick to FM most often. Let me know when you fix it - curious to know what the fix is.
Squanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2020, 23:46   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Fellow Rapid Rider owners, are you facing any issue with the HU while playing music via Bluetooth? The HU recognises the phone and displays the song name but doesn’t play audio. The call connection works well but only face issue with playing music. It’s too frustrating, please help.

I had the same problem in a car with a JVC HU - could use it for calls via BT but when playing music it would display track name but the speakers were silent. Tried updating firmware, but had no luck. Then Android 10 upgrade came along and phone started playing smoothly.
Not sure what the exact problem was because I dropped and broke the phone, new one runs Android 9 and still plays music smooth via BT!
topedgemonk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 13:58   #89
BHPian

Hi fellow Rapid owners, yesterday I had been to service centre to get my HU checked as I was facing Bluetooth connectivity issue. My HU started working perfectly fine when I visited the service centre. However, I got the HU reset and service advisor has asked me to send a recording to him if I face the issue again and he’ll raise the concern with Skoda.

Also, I’m experiencing this strange feeling that the car isn’t pulling like it used to before, it’s clocked 800 odd kms. That grunt post 2.5k rpm has reduced noticeably. Is anyone experiencing the same?
Old 6th September 2020, 14:18   #90
BHPian

Quote:

Also, I’m experiencing this strange feeling that the car isn’t pulling like it used to before, it’s clocked 800 odd kms. That grunt post 2.5k rpm has reduced noticeably. Is anyone experiencing the same?
I have Rapid Diesel TDI and have noticed that if i let the car warm up for 2-3 minutes and dont rev the engine until temperature has hit 90 degrees. Plus switch on the AC after 2-3 minutes of warm up then car runs smoothly with lot of grunt and turbo.

Switching on AC in first 2-3 minutes leads to poor and sluggish response.
heydj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks