Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2020, 15:07   #106
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review

If you get your rider plus roof painted black, will that void the warranty? Do they do it themselves?

Vento comfort-line is available at a whopping festive discount of 1.6 Lakh rupees. I hope they come up with similar discounts for Rapid Ambition also.

Since i was sleeping under a rock for couple years, here is a question: VW is managed by Skoda now, so does that also hopefully mean that you can service your Skoda at VW service outlets and vice versa? If not, why? Its a no brainer i think. Suddenly you have double the outlets and economies of scale.
Old 10th October 2020, 20:23   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandadevieast View Post
Vento comfort-line is available at a whopping festive discount of 1.6 Lakh rupees. I hope they come up with similar discounts for Rapid Ambition also.
This discount is on paper only. Vento Comfortline has been out of stock across the country for months now.
toroid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 19:26   #108
BHPian

I booked the Rapid TSI on September 1. The dealership experience till now has been horrible to say the least. I made the booking with JMD Skoda Andheri. The Sales RM initially informed me that the delivery would take atleast 2 months since they do not have the color in stock. I was okay with this.

Towards the end of September (around the 25th), I received a call from them saying that there is one car available but for that I need to make full payment of ₹10.80 lakhs before the end of September. I did everything I could to arrange the funds in such short notice and made the payment. They informed me that the car has arrived at their dealership on October 1. I visited their dealership on Oct 2 morning at 10 o clock to do the PDI so that they can proceed with the registration immediately thereafter. This is where the ordeal began.

The originally assigned Sales RM went on leave in September. Her manager, one Ms. Niyati Nerurkar was supposed to handle all her assignments. I was offered a corporate discount of ₹15000 on this deal for which I had to submit certain documents. These documents were basically my Official IDcard copy and latest payslip. Now my ID card has been in my office drawer since March this year so I let Ms. Niyati know about this well in advance and asked her which document can I submit in lieu of the ID card copy. She said she would check up internally and let me know. In a day or two, she called back and told me that I can submit my offer letter and payslip and redact the financial information with a whiteink if I feel the need to do so. I was more than happy to send them my offer letter and payslip after redacting my remuneration information. I did the same and had sent it to them way back in the month of September along with the cheque and other documents (Aadhar card, PAN card copies etc.) required for registration.

Cut to October 2nd - I have completed the PDI and am excited for delivery. I asked Ms. Niyati how long would it take for registration. She informed me that it generally takes 6-7 days. But considering there are hardly any vehicles being registered, mine should take lesser and that they would try and get it delivered to me ASAP. I take her word and leave the showroom. After 4 days on October 6, I get a call from Ms. Niyati who tells me that my Offer Letter copy will not work for the purpose of the corporate discount and that I need to submit a letter from my HR stating that I am currently in employment with the company. I tried explaining to her that if their concern is whether I am currently employed in the said company or not, then the latest payslip should give them comfort. But she was just not willing to listen and kept repeating the Skoda rulebook like a parrot. I told her I don't mind giving the letter but it would take time for me to go to my HR and get it arranged. She tells me - Sir, I am really sorry, but till the time you don't give us that letter, your car won't go for registration. And if you do want to go ahead with it, then you please pay us ₹15000. We can refund it to you once you get the letter.

That was the final nail in the coffin. I lost it and just kept the phone. I didn't have any issues in giving any documents to them. But they had one whole month to figure out what they need from me. It just felt like now when they have all the money transferred from my account to theirs, I am at their disposal and that they can make me dance to their tunes the way they want. The next day, she calls me up again to sell their extended warranty (which I did buy). During the conversation, she tells me - Sir aap woh letter arrange kara dijiye, main 1 din me registation karwa duungi.

On the 8th of this month, I sent her the letter that they required. Till this morning, no body bothered to call or check or let me know the status. This morning I receive a call from the original Sales RM who had gone on leave who tells me that the car has gone to the RTO only today for passing and that it would take another 4-5 days for delivery.

The whole joy of buying a new car is lost. I really never had any issues in giving any documents they wanted or the money when they wanted. But to call.up and say that the process of registration is stalled till the time you don't submit XYZ document is wrong. Just wring at many levels. They had a whole month to figure that out. It is not the customers mistake if the Sales team goofed up. To make the customer pay for their mistakes is atrocious.

Anyway, just as I am writing this, I have received an SMS from the RTO that they have received the registration amount of ₹113***. Atleast I know things are moving now.

Is there a way this can be escalated to someone senior? Honestly, even before the car is delivered, I am dreading about the after sales.

The issue I figured is that these guys work on an incentive model. Since the original Sales RM went on leave, her manager didn't give a damn to her clients (read - me) since she's not going to get any incentive even if she treats me well. Plus the fact that if she gives me the required level of engagement, my feedback on their survey would reflect on the original Sales RM who was on leave for all these weeks. So there is no incentive for Ms. Niyati to cater well to me. All this is absolutely absurd considering its the customer who suffers in all this.
pokerface23 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 18:50   #109

This was exactly the experience I had with JMD Andheri in August. My case was handled by Ms. Swati and then later escalated to Ms. Niyati. I get a call 12 hours before my delivery that i cant take the delivery because the registration is not complete ( which happened because they processed my papers one week late). On the day of the delivery I was there before time with my senior citizen parents and I was made to wait 2 hours even after confirming the timing several times. I was not even given a demo.

JMD Andheri has very unprofessional sales staff. Lets hope the SVC guys are better
paras7229 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 14:13   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras7229 View Post
This was exactly the experience I had with JMD Andheri in August. My case was handled by Ms. Swati and then later escalated to Ms. Niyati. I get a call 12 hours before my delivery that i cant take the delivery because the registration is not complete ( which happened because they processed my papers one week late). On the day of the delivery I was there before time with my senior citizen parents and I was made to wait 2 hours even after confirming the timing several times. I was not even given a demo.

JMD Andheri has very unprofessional sales staff. Lets hope the SVC guys are better
Did you happen to escalate the matter beyond Niyati Nerurkar? If yes, how do I go about? I genuinely don't want to let this just slip by without ensuring this particular lady gets reprimanded by her employer/Skoda.
pokerface23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 18:47   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerface23 View Post
Did you happen to escalate the matter beyond Niyati Nerurkar? If yes, how do I go about? I genuinely don't want to let this just slip by without ensuring this particular lady gets reprimanded by her employer/Skoda.
No Buddy.I think JMD knows what is happening and it would fall to deaf ears. I just took the delivery and hoped the ASC guys will be better. I did receive a call from Skoda India for ratings after a few days and I narrated my whole ordeal to them and rated accordingly. Have you tried emailing Zac Hollis?
Old 31st October 2020, 12:12   #112
KPR
BANNED

The first hottest thread post unlock has no posts since last 15 days ? I have a query. Is rider variant MT discontinued now? My friend is in look out for a 8.5L car. He is considering Rider variant as wild card entry as his budget is fixed at 8.5L.
Old 31st October 2020, 12:31   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
My friend is in look out for a 8.5L car. He is considering Rider variant as wild card entry as his budget is fixed at 8.5L.
Ask him to show interest in the Skoda website. Trichy Skoda (Gurudev) is very prompt in following up with sales queries.

They have been pestering me every week. Last time I spoke (August end) they had rider as well as rider plus bookings open.

Volkswagen is also giving good discounts. Skoda definitely must have very handsome discounts for the ambition variant, as festive season is around the corner. Usually they update monthly discounts on 1st. Tomorrow we will know.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 31st October 2020 at 12:34.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2020, 16:03   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
The first hottest thread post unlock has no posts since last 15 days ? I have a query. Is rider variant MT discontinued now? My friend is in look out for a 8.5L car. He is considering Rider variant as wild card entry as his budget is fixed at 8.5L.
They are pushing Ambition / Onyx / Style and even top MonteCarlo edition with heavy & mouth watering discount.

Officially dealerships are saying that Skoda isn't able to meet the heavy demand for Rider & Rider Plus so rather than quoting 3/4 months waiting period, they are willing to offer heavy discount on higher models to gather numbers.

Both Rider & Rider Plus is definitely on sale but one may need to face a long waiting period for the same.

Last month, I went for a friend looking for Rider Plus but switched to Onyx as I was offered 10.5L (on road Kolkata with Zero Dep insurance & 2 years EW) + some good accesories (like rear camera & such) on Rapid Onyx Blue edition.

Indeed Rider & Rider Plus are excellent value for money options but when you compare the feature list along side the discounted prices of higher versions, I feel they make more sense over these two base models !!

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 13:28   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Enquired about Rapid Rider/Rider+ for a friend here at Gurudev motors.

What they told me was funny!

"Sir, you can book it today and tomorrow alone. Rider is stopped, we only take bookings for Rider+. We can't promise you when the car will reach here. Between toffee brown, carbon steel and white, any one of them can get allotted to you. If we are not able to deliver you the rider+, we will refund the entire 25k booking amount, if you happen to cancel the booking because you don't like the colour that has been allotted to you, we will deduct 5000 and give you back the 20000."

I somehow felt as though I am being handed over a big favour by them selling me the car. I guess this attitude alone will make a lot of us to pick the Polo highline + MT TSI over the Rider+. Even the vento gets good discounts, while I am being told that only 50k cash discount is available on the Ambition variant.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 3rd November 2020 at 13:38.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 13:41   #116
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Enquired about Rapid Rider/Rider+ for a friend here at Gurudev motors.

What they told me was funny!

"Sir, you can book it today and tomorrow alone. Rider is stopped, we only take bookings for Rider+. We can't promise you when the car will reach here. Between toffee brown, carbon steel and white, any one of them can get allotted to you. If we are not able to deliver you the rider+, we will refund the entire 25k booking amount, if you happen to cancel the booking because you don't like the colour that has been allotted to you, we will deduct 5000 and give you back the 20000."

I somehow felt as though I am being handed over a big favour by them selling me the car. I guess this attitude alone will make a lot of us to pick the Polo highline + MT TSI over the Rider+. Even the vento gets good discounts, while I being told that only 50k cash discount is available on the Ambition variant.
Exact words Gurudev Skoda told me. Seriously these Skoda, Volkswagen dealers don't know how to sell a car. Pathetic. Meanwhile our negotiations with MS for a swift or dzire ZXI is going on in as expected lines. Stocks, discounts, committed test drives what not!
KPR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 21:05   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

While Skoda dealers are sure that their rider variants aren't made anymore, Skoda's online booking portal has Rider and Rider plus available for booking. And surprise, they have all the 4 colour options open too (silver, toffee brown, white, carbon steel). I don't know what justification the local dealer will have for this.

I should admit, Skoda India's whatsapp chat service is very helpful too.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 13:56   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
They are pushing Ambition / Onyx / Style and even top MonteCarlo edition with heavy & mouth watering discount.

Officially dealerships are saying that Skoda isn't able to meet the heavy demand for Rider & Rider Plus so rather than quoting 3/4 months waiting period, they are willing to offer heavy discount on higher models to gather numbers.

Both Rider & Rider Plus is definitely on sale but one may need to face a long waiting period for the same.

Last month, I went for a friend looking for Rider Plus but switched to Onyx as I was offered 10.5L (on road Kolkata with Zero Dep insurance & 2 years EW) + some good accesories (like rear camera & such) on Rapid Onyx Blue edition.

Indeed Rider & Rider Plus are excellent value for money options but when you compare the feature list along side the discounted prices of higher versions, I feel they make more sense over these two base models !!

Thanks.
Yes, I got an Onyx AT in Noida 3 weeks back for 11.9L OTR including Insurance with zero Dep, RTI, EP, etc and rear camera from Style variant , plus other accessories like carpet mats, rear blinds for windshield and door and others. That's a whopping 1.6L off from the sticker price. Compared to 10.9 for the Rider Plus AT or Polo AT this was a no brainer.

Haven't taken the EW yet, will do so in a couple of months.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 10th November 2020 at 13:57.
Altocumulus is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 14:36   #119
BHPian

I really like the Monte Carlo variant of Rapid. It oozes character, and also used for review by many reviewers including Team-bhp.

Any idea on offers currently available? In Cardekho site, I can see below offer

15k - Corporate discount
25k - Exchange benefit
50k - Upgrade offer

Not sure what they mean by "upgrade offer'? Does it mean upgrade from Rider variant to Style variant? or upgrade from old Rapid to new Rapid?

I guess year end offers will kick in next month, which will be mouth watering. Any idea what to expect from year end offers?

Also, can someone from Hyderabad throw some light on Skoda ASS. After reading google reviews I have come to a conclusion that these reviews were requested by SA's, as many of the reviews have same SA name mentioned. I experienced same from Titan showroom, where the SA requested me to include his name in google review after I made a purchase.

Last edited by ramnaresh_2000 : 11th November 2020 at 14:46.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 20:02   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post

Also, can someone from Hyderabad throw some light on Skoda ASS. After reading google reviews I have come to a conclusion that these reviews were requested by SA's, as many of the reviews have same SA name mentioned. I experienced same from Titan showroom, where the SA requested me to include his name in google review after I made a purchase.
as far as my experience is concerned with Mahavir Skoda it’s been satisfactory overall till now. The service advisor and accessories person have been very supportive and prompt.

As I always say, it’s a mutual relationship when you buy a car, you must make good relationship with right person in the ASS of any brand to get the best out of them.
any23 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed