Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2022, 08:37   #1501
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Yes, each car maker uses their own algorithm to calculate the range. If the car has been used in bumper to bumper traffic since the last reset, the logic could be to extrapolate that level of fuel economy for the remaining quantity of fuel, in which case you would get a short range. On the other hand, if you have been driving sedately on a highway since your last reset, you may see a very high range as the algorithm assumes you will continue to do so for the rest of the tank. Best to not go by the indicated range too much unless, you have a long highway trip, reset the range calculator after the first couple or kilometres and then watch as.you go, it will remind you to refuel at the right point when you have about 75km -100km left of range
84.monsoon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 22:28   #1502
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleflick View Post
Was this because of the clutch being worked too much in the traffic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
I can say with confidence that this must be clutch burning issue. I have read lots of articles and posts of users facing this problem in manual Harrier. It seems that heavy torque of the Fiat2.0 makes it pretty easy to burn the clutch.
It will be the clutch for sure, had some free time and decided to test-drive the Harrier/Safari Automatic today, they only had a Harrier Manual, so had to settle for it. The car had run 12xxx km run (CEL was proudly on display in the instrument cluster) and boy ohh boy, what a snappy clutch. I can’t imagine how tough it will be to modulate the clutch on a steep incline! Can’t blame Tata, since the engine is FCA’s and is making dollops of torque at a low RPM itself.

Otherwise in terms of ride quality, it was smothering roads brilliantly and the gearbox throws were short and precise. Steering at low speeds and up to 60kmph was light and easy to manoeuvre. Had the big car feeling and one slight press on the horn was enough to make people move out of the way.

My personal favourite colour on the Harrier right now is the Grassland Beige available only in the Kaziranga Variant. Still have to see how the Royal Blue and Tropical Mist look on the Harrier, even though these colours have been introduced, looks like the factory isn’t dispatching these colours.

Although the showroom guys for some reason weren’t able to fathom the fact that a 21yr old guy had come to test-drive the Harrier

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 29th May 2022 at 22:33.
Old 30th May 2022, 09:41   #1503

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
My personal favourite colour on the Harrier right now is the Grassland Beige available only in the Kaziranga Variant. Still have to see how the Royal Blue and Tropical Mist look on the Harrier, even though these colours have been introduced, looks like the factory isn’t dispatching these colours.
I booked Harrier XZA+, the color being Tropical Mist on 28th May. So let's see how it comes out cos the dealer didn't have this color of Harrier on display.

The selection of color was based on Tata Punch of the same color.

Now the waiting period starts....
shans281 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 17:10   #1504
BHPian

Hey guys,
I was planning to book the Harrier last month, mostly the top model Auto variant.
But is this the right time to buy it ? Considering by end of 2022 or start of 2023 the facelift will be launched. Also the new Tucson is just around the corner.
Budget wise I am comfortable with the Harrier's current pricing of the top variant, which is around 25.6L on-road. Tucson pricing if above 32L on-road will definitely want me to consider elsewhere. I am not keen for a 7 seater, I am ok with a spacious 5 seater SUV.
Please comment your valuable suggestions. What would you guys recommend ?

Last edited by aah78 : 30th May 2022 at 18:26. Reason: Typo.
Old 30th May 2022, 17:27   #1505
BHPian

Hi. Having booked the Nexon EV, was also curious to see if the Harrier is as good. I just loved the drive of the Nexon, the solid feel and the overall dynamics. Super silent EV is the cherry on the cake with effortless and stress free drive.

I must say I was extremely disappointed. The Harrier definitely does not feel like a 28 Lakh on road vehicle. The ride was bumpy (maybe over inflated tyres), car was pulling to the left, steering was a bit vague, found the under thigh support lacking (I have long legs) and the parking brake is super inconvenient. At 28 lakhs one expects and EPB and Auto Hold (even the Nexon Max has one). Wife too was not so happy in the rear seat. She is 5'5" and getting out was a challenge with the wheel arches reducing the space for exit. They also eat up space. The hill hold too didnt work seamlessly with the car moving back a bit. Less said about the rear view camera the better. Nexon has a better one.

The XUV 7OO is miles ahead of the Harrier at a lower price point. No wonder it's running circles around the Harrier with it's superior fit and finish, features, powerful smooth engines et al.
Old 30th May 2022, 18:07   #1506

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
What would you guys recommend ?
There are news floating around regarding a facelift mostly in early 2023. Definitely there could be some cosmetic changes which they should be looking to bring in along with a new infotainment system, ADAS, 360 cam (which is sorely missed in my personal opinion for such a big vehicle) and much more. Added to this a petrol engine option might also be in offer.
So my suggestion would be, if you can wait for 5-6 months, you would be provided with some additional features and options. Being said that the price would also be hiked in the same manner.
Just to give you a hint, addition of Air purifier, ventilated seats, upgrade from 17'-18' tire, wireless CarPlay and IRA they hiked little more than a lakh from the outgoing model this March.

Last edited by aah78 : 30th May 2022 at 18:26. Reason: Quoet trimmed.
aniams is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 15:11   #1507
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shans281 View Post
I booked Harrier XZA+, the color being Tropical Mist on 28th May. So let's see how it comes out cos the dealer didn't have this color of Harrier on display.

The selection of color was based on Tata Punch of the same color.
Saw one Tropical Mist Harrier XZA+ today. Looks good especially from the rear, front being the same as the Safari.

Yet to see a Royal Blue Harrier…
Old 1st June 2022, 01:32   #1508
BHPian

Seems like Tata has silently upgraded the variants of the XZ line. New variant XZAS has been introduced and XZA Plus have ventilated seats now. Attached the brochure for reference.
Not sure if it has been posted earlier, kindly ignore if already conveyed.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf harrier (3).pdf (8.39 MB, 447 views)
Astonite is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 13:28   #1509
BHPian

Are you sure that the top variant was available for 25.6 OTR? Pricing that I heard was around:
XZA - 24L
XZAS - 26-27L
XZA+ - 27L

I am not talking about Dark or Kaz versions. These are normal versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
Hey guys,
I was planning to book the Harrier last month, mostly the top model Auto variant.
But is this the right time to buy it ? Considering by end of 2022 or start of 2023 the facelift will be launched. Also the new Tucson is just around the corner.
Budget wise I am comfortable with the Harrier's current pricing of the top variant, which is around 25.6L on-road. Tucson pricing if above 32L on-road will definitely want me to consider elsewhere. I am not keen for a 7 seater, I am ok with a spacious 5 seater SUV.
Please comment your valuable suggestions. What would you guys recommend ?
Old 3rd June 2022, 00:37   #1510

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuttappanAbhi View Post
Are you sure that the top variant was available for 25.6 OTR? Pricing that I heard was around:
XZA - 24L
XZAS - 26-27L
XZA+ - 27L

I am not talking about Dark or Kaz versions. These are normal versions.
Depends on which City you are buying from as the tax varies. In Telangana it has easily crossed 26.5+ OTR for the DARK XZA+
Old 3rd June 2022, 10:20   #1511
BHPian

Thank you!
In Kerala, it is beyond 27L for XZA+ normal (not Dark or Kaz).
XZAS is some 50K lesser than XZA+.

Just wondering how much more market Tata would have gathered if the pricing was lesser by 3-4 big ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniams View Post
Depends on which City you are buying from as the tax varies. In Telangana it has easily crossed 26.5+ OTR for the DARK XZA+
Old 8th June 2022, 13:43   #1512
BHPian

My 2021 Harrier XZA + completed 20000kms recently. Here are a few observations.

1) This vehicle has been a pleasure to own. Zero niggles to report. Runs on broken rural roads all day. Absolutely rattle free till date.

2) Performance has been extremely satisfactory.

3) Has been to the TASS only for regular service.

4) No DEF issues to report.

5) The average fuel consumption till date is about 11.82 kmpl (100%A/C).
Averages about 14 kmpl on highway runs

After a 4 hour wash n wax session
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-20220509_130813.jpg  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-20220608_105924.jpg  

The Riddler is offline   (44) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 21:54   #1513
BHPian

Today I did the wheel alignment and balancing after completing another 5K KMs. I usually get it done from Tyre Empire Whitefield Bangalore as they use Hunter machines. I am attaching the reports here. I believe the parameters post completion of the service looks good with my limited understanding and I am open to the thoughts and insights of the members for better assessment.

Wheel Balancing Report (unfortunately they could not provide a printed report)
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-20220612_182021.jpg

Wheel Alignment Report
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-alighment-report-copy.jpg

Additionally, the left pulling of the Harrier is a common complaint heard from multiple owners though I have never felt it for my vehicle. This may provide a reference in case anyone is facing that issue.
AG-D is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 21:47   #1514

Hello Fellow Team BHPians,
This is my first post on Team BHP and I look forward to hearing from you all. I booked Tata Harrier Kaziranga edition (2 weeks ago) and I the wait game is on. I read some posts on this thread where few BHPians have complained about major lapses during the PDI. I have two questions in mind:

1. Specifically for Tata Harrier model, does someone have a checklist that I can use for the PDI (it has been 8 years since i have bought a new vehicle - last one was Swift Zdi in 2014). Hoping to get some tips here.

2. When there are major issues noted during PDI ("check engine on"/"bonnet misalignment" etc) - isn't there an option to reject the vehicle? I am wondering why would one be forced to accept a brand new vehicle with flaws. What is the usual protocol to reject here?

Happy and safe riding.
Old 21st June 2022, 11:46   #1515

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage_sandman View Post
Hello Fellow Team BHPians,
This is my first post on Team BHP and I look forward to hearing from you all. I booked Tata Harrier Kaziranga edition (2 weeks ago) and I the wait game is on. I read some posts on this thread where few BHPians have complained about major lapses during the PDI. I have two questions in mind:

1. Specifically for Tata Harrier model, does someone have a checklist that I can use for the PDI (it has been 8 years since i have bought a new vehicle - last one was Swift Zdi in 2014). Hoping to get some tips here.

2. When there are major issues noted during PDI ("check engine on"/"bonnet misalignment" etc) - isn't there an option to reject the vehicle? I am wondering why would one be forced to accept a brand new vehicle with flaws. What is the usual protocol to reject here?

Happy and safe riding.
Hello,

All the best for your new ride.
For PDi check list you can refer - https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-...pdi-check-list

PDI should be done before the vehicle is registered on your name. So when you find major defects you can reject the vehicle. An example to quote, one of my friend found a major defect on the sunroof on PDI and didn't accept the vehicle.
Point to note, please make sure the TR and insurance is initiated only after PDI.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks