Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2022, 14:45   #1546
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
I asked my TASS for an firmware update on my harrier XZA+DT (March 2021) - I was told that it will not be possible for Wireless Android Auto / CarPlay to be enabled. I thought they all had the same hardware. Will verify it by going through the OEM catalogue.

I'm planning to go for carsifi AA dongle. Will plan an alloy change (18inch dark) during tyre change at about 35k kms.

Regards,
Rufus
Wow. So along with the tyres the alloy upgrade will be north of 1L. Would stick with the stock alloys till next tyre change.
My car got serviced yesterday and the infotainment version is not the latest. So either they didn’t update it or the hardware is not compatible with the latest version. Since Kaziranga edition has IRA as well, I would like to upgrade the infotainment unit altogether instead of buying any dongle considering Carlinkit dongle costs 8K+ . Just wanted to confirm if it’s possible to upgrade the hardware and if it is then what’s the price.
Let me know what your TASS says and thanks for your valuable inputs.
curiousnewbie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 23:04   #1547
BHPian

Team - need your advice.

I came across this instance 3-4 times by now.

Driving with D in my AT Harrier - has happened at low speeds only - the car suddenly looses power. No error messages. After a restart it works normally. This does not happen regularly. Occurred twice in 2-3 months and twice today. This is making me uneasy especially in traffic/highways.

Just completed my 22500kms/1.5 year service yesterday and there were no error codes.

How do I tackle this issue?
Old 1st August 2022, 16:05   #1548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elroydsilva View Post
here is my Harrier XZA.
Attachment 2325902
These alloys are still available with the Harrier XZA? I thought they have moved on to the newer pattern ones similar to the Safari's and discontinued these?
Old 1st August 2022, 16:53   #1549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtach View Post
These alloys are still available with the Harrier XZA? I thought they have moved on to the newer pattern ones similar to the Safari's and discontinued these?
XZA (except Dark) has always had this pattern. However, I was quite disappointed to not get the gunmetal ones. These silver ones are just meh. The gunmetal ones, according to the SA, were discontinued.

Anyway, like some other folks, I plan to move to diamond cut alloys in the future, maybe after 3 years. Hopefully, the facelift will be out by then and I'm hoping it will get a new design.
Old 2nd August 2022, 08:41   #1550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elroydsilva View Post
The gunmetal ones, according to the SA, were discontinued.
Luckily I got the gun metal one for my XZ. Replacing the alloys are a big hole in the pocket, costs around 1L I am told.

What's the advantage of the diamond cut alloys over the normal ones. Is it only for the looks?
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img20211231wa0079.jpg  

Old 2nd August 2022, 11:54   #1551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
What's the advantage of the diamond cut alloys over the normal ones. Is it only for the looks?
Yes, only looks (at least for me). It contrasts really well with the White color.

The silver ones look like gunmetal finish when covered in brake dust though.
Old 4th August 2022, 21:56   #1552

Hi,
This is my first post on this forum and I would like to thank mods for approving my membership. I have been following and reading Team BHP for over a decade and I feel right at home as I post this.

I have booked a Tata Harrier XZA+ Dark Edition from Puneet Cars - Prabhadevi, Mumbai on 3rd July, 2022 by paying a booking amount of Rs. 31000. I would say the experience has been a mixed bag.
During the booking I had made clear that i will do the PDI of the car and once satisfied with the same will release the payment which was promptly agreed by the dealer. I was initially promised a delivery within 3 to 5 days but 2 days later I was told that they have received a booking for the same model just hours earlier from my booking at their Malad branch and hence the car available at their yard will be allotted to that customer. I had received the VIN for that car from my salesperson Mr. Areeb/Ms. Hemangi as i insisted on the same post booking the vehicle and decoding the VIN revealed it was a May 2022 manufactured car.
I was then told that they will have to order the vehicle from the factory and I should get the delivery within 30 to 45 days. Since i have other cars, I was not in hurry and accepted the same but I still wonder whether this story was true or this was just a sales tactic used by the dealer to get the booking by promising a quick delivery.
Then the wait started and on 18th July, 2022 the vehicle was allotted to me and the new VIN was shared. I decoded the VIN and this was a July 2022 manufactured vehicle. I was told the vehicle usually reaches their yard at Bhiwandi from the Pune plant within 2 to 3 days. Again the wait started as the dealer also had no clue since in his tracking system the status was "Location: Dispatch update". I also messaged Tata on their twitter handle for an update on the same but things didn't move. On 30th July, 2022 I got a call from the dealer that the vehicle will be reaching on 31st morning at their yard and they can bring the vehicle to Prabhadevi for the PDI on the same day. I agreed as 31st being a Sunday it was convenient for me to carry the PDI. Reached the dealership and the black Harrier looked stunning. Spent Sunday afternoon doing the PDI, ODO was at 80 kms and everything looked fine and released the payment on the same day. I was told it should take around 4-5 days to complete the registration and other formalities. Delivery is planned on 7th August and waiting for the same. Will keep updated on the same.
Regards,
Jeet
jeet_8999 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 11:05   #1553
BHPian

Quote:
Team - need your advice.

Driving with D in my AT Harrier - has happened at low speeds only - the car suddenly looses power.
What about engine rpm, whether engine rev increases on pressing accelerator pedal without any power to the wheels in D mode?
KSingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 12:10   #1554

Thanks for sharing your experience, I can say my experience coincides with yours in most areas and despite all that I have also finalized on a Harrier XZAS DE and am expecting delivery next week (fingers crossed). So I am yet to have a long meaningful drive to post any review. Some of my considerations were on space and power as most compact/mid size SUVs in this range I drove were not really comfortable 5 seaters or lacked the performance as I wanted. The 2.0L Diesel I found was pretty responsive with a decent power and torque capability for the weight of the car.
I also noticed absence of some good to haves (but def something I can live without) and would look at getting some aftermarket esp. ambient lights, curtain/rolling shades rather than magnetic, TPMS and 360 camera. (would really like to get some suggestions on whether after market ambient lights are worth it wrt to warranty or other issues that might crop up).
The accessory person at Tata told me it sort of voids the warranty- it was a cryptic response to be honest so not sure what he meant by 'void' (any clarity from Team-bhp pros would be appreciated here as well). I really feel TaMo can step up their game in the area of accessories- at least provide better options if not as integrated features (for e.g. Tata does provide 'ambient lighting' as an accessory for Harrier but that's no more than 4 led bulbs - one at the bottom of each door which hardly gives any desirable effect so I passed on that despite really wanting to have it). Needless to mention the high margins they charge on their accessories.

Apart from the above I am just waiting for my drive to arrive before I can post any other comments/reviews abt it. Excited nonetheless!!

Cheers!
Ashish
Old 12th August 2022, 14:45   #1555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSingh View Post
What about engine rpm, whether engine rev increases on pressing accelerator pedal without any power to the wheels in D mode?
Engine rpm did not go beyond 1000-1200 rpm, from what I can recall. Pressing accelerator pedal without any power to the wheels in D - this is the apt description for the issue.

Has happened 4 times in the past 4 months. Works as if nothing happened after a restart
Old 12th August 2022, 17:31   #1556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
Oh, fantastic! Congratulations. I upgraded from TUV so I can understand the love for high-seating SUVs. I hope they have sorted the body roll and the ride quality.
Looks like scorpioN wasn't meant for me. Post priority/requirement analysis & N number of test-drives between XUV700, ScorpioN and Harrier done over a period of 4 months I have finalised Harrier XZA. I will be getting it delivered next week.

As I said last time, Your review is one of the few positive ones on the internet so thank you for that, it was useful while finalising the car.

Rejected XUV and Scorpio because of the following reasons:
  1. AX5 Variant's lack of VFM Proposition :- A car that costs 21 Lakh INR lacks Auto AC, Cruise Control, Rear seat armrest, Electrically folding Mirror and appropriate number of charging ports.
  2. ScorpioN's Steering feel : I somehow felt that light steering doesn't go well with the SUV itself. I don't know how to put it in words but, having driven Scorpio extensively I would say a well calibrated HPS would suit the vehicle of that size better. On that note, Harrier's steering is quite concerning to me at high speed as of now but it's comfortable for me at city speed. I would say it has better feedback that ScorpioN's steering at city speeds. I can get used to highway part.
  3. ScorpioN's rear seat comfort :- Wife wasn't too happy with rear seat comfort and complained of too much lateral travel. She was comfortable in XUV and harrier. We have a dog as well who we felt would be much more comfortable in a Monocoque rather than BOF. That sent BOF vehicles out of the picture.
  4. Waiting Period for XUV :- Waiting period accompanied by few Mahindra dealer's shenanigans was sufficient for me to give up and cancel the booking. I loved the way XUV drives but I simply couldn't put up with Mahindra anymore.

@sbm suggested me to upgrade to XZA+ (Orcus White) when I had my eyes set on XTA+ Dark Edition. The price difference between two variants was marginal and I had to give up on sunroof but other features that I get in XZA+ over XTA+ are worth it. So his suggestion was really helpful.

Also @Poitive's input on HPS vs EPS Dilemma was really helpful too.

Last edited by BleueNinja : 12th August 2022 at 17:38.
BleueNinja is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 20:44   #1557
BHPian

Quote:
Engine rpm did not go beyond 1000-1200 rpm, from what I can recall. Pressing accelerator pedal without any power to the wheels in D - this is the apt description for the issue.

Has happened 4 times in the past 4 months. Works as if nothing happened after a restart
Did you get it checked by Tata? If yes, what was their diagnosis?

My friend’s Polo GT TSI started behaving this way where it would loose all power but as soon as you would slot it in ‘R’ it would work normally. VW diagnosed that DSG was having issues engaging ‘Even’ gear for e.g when car would be in 1,3,5,7 it would loose power but would be fine in 2,4,6. they diagnosed it as an issue with clutch.
Old 12th August 2022, 22:00   #1558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleueNinja View Post
Did you get it checked by Tata? If yes, what was their diagnosis?

My friend’s Polo GT TSI started behaving this way where it would loose all power but as soon as you would slot it in ‘R’ it would work normally. VW diagnosed that DSG was having issues engaging ‘Even’ gear for e.g when car would be in 1,3,5,7 it would loose power but would be fine in 2,4,6. they diagnosed it as an issue with clutch.
Hi BleueNinja,

I experienced the issue intermittently i.e 3 times in the past 4 months.

I did inform Tata during the recent service. They ran a scan, found no errors. If I ever encounter this issue again, I'll keep the car at TASS and do a root cause analysis.
The Riddler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 15:09   #1559

My buying experience and ownwership review of 3 days

I liked the Tata Harrier since it's launch and test drove it last year. However, we decided to wait. With the launch of Kaziranga edition, there were some updates that I wanted, but the colour of choice was not available. Recently, they launched 2 new colours and we liked the Royal Blue.
Asked the SA (Arshad ) of the delivery time and he informed 1 month. We calculated that with registration, we should be able to get the vehicle by Ganesh Chaturthi. The vehicle (XZA+) was booked on 18th July (company PO). Next day I was informed that the vehicle will be allotted by 31st July'22. My excitement increased and now the target was to get it by 11th August (Raksha Bandhan).
The vehicle was alloted on 29th July and it was available for PDI on 3rd August. Checked the VIN, and it was July'22. So asked them to go ahead.
The paperwork was completed by 5th, and then started the holidays (Weekend, Moharram and Raksha Bandhan). The SA's boss (Padam) informed that the number plate will be allotted on Wednesday, but we will be able to get the number plate on Friday, 12th. I insisted that I need the vehicle on 11th itself.

On 11th morning got the confirmation that I can picked the vehicle in the afternoon.

During this period, I was excited as a boy waiting for his toy. I called the SA and his Supervisor many times and they answered my queries politely.

The only accessories asked for were 3D mats, anti rust coating and mud flaps. Padam advised against a mat for the boot.
Name:  IMG20220811WA0028.jpg
Views: 1187
Size:  98.7 KB
Decked up for delivery

Initial impression of the family:
2. The sunroof
3. AC - the rear passengers were comfortable with the temp at 23 and fan speed 2.
4. Place for mobile in the rear door.
5. Lights on the door.
6. Auto headlights and rain sensing wipers
7. Ventilated seats

To be figured out:
NVH levels- the noise level was comfortable, hardly noticeable. My petrol ciaz probably has more noise coming in through the tyres.
However, vibrations were more than my Ciaz. Checked tyre pressure, it was 35. Tried reducing the tyre pressure to 30, but that didn't help.

iRA App- downloaded the iRA App and it shows status on 27th July (pressure allotment). 47 kms had been done by then. I received the vehicle with 62 km on the Odo. Do they test the vehicle in their plant?

Done around 160 kms in the start stop traffic of Mumbai (mainly on 13th) and the FE is around 10km/l.

3D Mats: I had negotiated for 3 D mats. However, their catalogue shows the pic of moulded 3D mats for around 4.2 k and the price list mentions a 3D mat for around 2.9 k. I was expecting the moulded 3D mats, but got what looks more like a 2D mat, the driver side mat is small.

Need advise on the following:
1. Suggestions for reducing the vibrations - wife finds the Ciaz more comfortable in this respect. Recommended tyre pressure is 33.
2. Moulded 3D mats: should I buy the expensive ones from Tata or from 3rd party vendors?
3. Dashcam: they are recommending only the one available in their list (Blaupunkt) otherwise warranty may be void. But reviews of the same are not good.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-20220814_100526.jpg  

Goutsdk is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 17:10   #1560
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goutsdk View Post
3. Dashcam: they are recommending only the one available in their list (Blaupunkt) otherwise warranty may be void. But reviews of the same are not good.
Congrats on getting the Harrier .. wishing you a long happy ownership.

Regarding the dashcam, ask them to explain how the brand will make a difference. The cam is taking power, and not interacting with any of the systems of the vehicle. Say that you will get the cam you want, while let them install it, even if they charge a bit for the labour.
condor is online now   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks