Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2022, 10:09   #1621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ911 View Post
Thanks for sharing the real world issues with us. However, for the issues that I have left in the quote above, these should’ve been easy to spot during the initial processes of evaluating the car, or even during test drive.
Did you not evaluate the car initially with these parameters?

I’m not defending the vehicle (don’t own it), but just raising it as a point so that whoever goes to buy a car, keeps such criteria in mind. Everyone’s mileage may vary, so they can pick and choose must haves according to their needs.
Yes you’re partially right, I had noticed this prior to booking the car but certainly not in such depth, few issues I noticed then and there. Even though I took 2 test drives due to the same concerns; spending half an hour with a car that’s completely new to you isn’t always enough to conclude all the issues, yes of course major ones are definitely highlighted itself.

Nevertheless the biggest reason I’m bearing these issues are due to the way the Harrier looks and feels, as mentioned and shown in my post it just looks spectacular especially in the Dark Edition, hence “7 Khoon Maaf” .

Also next time I’m out look for some new wheel I’ll surely consider these fine things before sealing the deal.

Have jotted all those points for Tata to review and hopefully implement it in the Harrier to make it a better finished product; to add that finesse that’s missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrajesh View Post
Really!!!

I'm looking to buy a Sedan or SUV and am doing lot of test drive of late.

Sorry to rain on your party but Alcazar is not even a patch on Harrier. I'm still vacillating between Virtus, Kushaq and Harrier, the latter being my favourite. Can't seem to get over the plush ride quality which others are sorely lacking, save the Virtus.

I’d personally suggest you to try out Mahindra XUV700 as that’s a car with a better package overall; the real deal. Don’t think reliability is much of a concern now with them.

As far as the Alcazar better or Harrier part, see the thing is I own both so would definitely not favour a particular one, but from what I’ve felt the Alcazar is really convenient to drive within a city and does good in highways as far as the ride quality, performance etc.

Also the Harrier is a hassle to drive within the city, it feels like a truck that too with hard steering wheel manoeuvring, but it just has the better performance and drives better on highway, but no comparing the features and ergonomics; no match Alcazar straightaway takes the win ;no denying that.

So the party is still on.

See it for yourself if you need to further speculate.

Cheers ,
bil.007

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 16th November 2022 at 21:26. Reason: Merged consecutive posts. Fixed typos.
bil.007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 13:09   #1622
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bil.007 View Post

B)There is no "proper place" to keep my cell phone, the only place TATA have "thoughtfully" provided (pun intended) is a small cubby hole that barely fits my 6.7inch iPhone and on top of that reaching to the phone while driving is a task as it's deep inside the lower dashboard. I had to purchase a magnetic phone holder and stick it to the dashboard to ease up my life! Though the holder works really well. Everyone should try it out, Link attached-https://amzn.eu/d/hIRPlie
Can you please share a picture of the installation for reference.
Old 8th November 2022, 22:27   #1623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bil.007 View Post

Harrier Niggels!

4. Apple Carplay goes bonkers!-It worked fine for a month, but after that whenever I'm playing a track from Apple Music the infotainment starts to hang up the song, it starts from just a bit of a lag and then piles up making it impossible to hear the song due to the constant pause and play. I tried resetting the infotainment and got the system updated to the latest version but to no avail, checked with Apple about any such issues but there weren't any. I'm adamant that this issue is only due to Harrier's infotainment as my Hyundai Alcazar supports Apple Carplay as well and it works like a charm in there.
Bil.007
I faced a similar issue with my Safari. Got it checked at Tata Dealership by Visteon folks. They suggested changing the “focus” on apple iPhone settings to manual. Not once since then my CarPlay has had issues with songs. It still does hang and that is usually fixed by restarting the phone. Not sure why but twice my maps got stuck and they worked once I restarted the iPhone. To me it seems like an integration issue between Google and apple products.

Do try changing the focus settings to manual and see if it resolves your issue.
Torque_Cruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 18:46   #1624
BHPian

1000 KM and First Service Update

Hello, fellow forum members.

Had an amazing turn of events leading me to get the Harrier out for a couple of long drives to Lonavala to complete the 1,000 km mark for the first service completed as we had an impromptu plan to ditch the already booked train journey and take the Harrier on a road trip to my hometown, Jaisalmer (more on that in a subsequent post).

The Service Booking Experience

I had thought the service booking experience a straightforward one, but it was not to be. The dealer’s data entry guy had made an error in updating my car’s registration number which led to me not being able to book the service from the ‘Tata Motors Service Center (TMSC)’ app on my phone and was forced to call the dealer CRM to get the error corrected and service scheduled at the Garve Tata, Tathawade center on a Sunday. I wanted to ensure I got all the work in my presence and take the car back home with me.

Service Center Experience

With more than enough information and my own experience of seeing the workshop brimming with vehicles every time I paid them a visit, I made it a point to reach the showroom by 08:15 AM and have the first job card opened for my car. Although quite early and the facility is just opened, I was greeted by the Service Advisor who quickly completed all the formalities and lined up my car in the workshop area.

The service actions included:

1. DEF top-up of 5 liters @ INR 620.00
2. 3M Full Underbody Anti Rust treatment @ INR 4,720.00
3. Check up and resolution of the driver’s side seat that had been making “thud” noises over speed-breakers and bad roads @ FOC

Total First Service Bill of INR 5,340.00

I requested not to get the car washed at the SC as the PPF was still fresh and was strictly advised against pressure washing to prevent the PPF from bubbling and increase the age of the PPF by a friend who is in the car detailing business.

The rest of the experience although not mind-blowing, was satisfactory at the ASC, staff was courteous, was offered coffee and water, and was helped with questions.

Special mention regarding my over-excited 4-year-old boy who thought he was in an automotive playground. He made friends with service technicians, observed multiple service bays, and enquired about the work being done with keen interest all along. No issues, arrogance, or avoidance by the service staff at all during the entire time made him feel at home and further invigorated his love for cars – The best Feeling in the World!

Inspected the car after the service, made the payment, and drove back home – All ready and excited for the almost 3,500 km of driving to Jaisalmer in just a few days.
Jaisalmeriya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 14:31   #1625
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Does extended warranty cover 24X7 tata roadside assistance ? Ideally it should as 24X7 is free for cars under warranty. Can someone confirm this ?
Old 18th November 2022, 11:41   #1626
BHPian

I need some advice from fellow Harrier owners. I have driven my car for over 26k KMS. Off-late my steering feels very light and does not have the weight to it that you would associate with the typical Harrier hydraulic steering. I took it to SC and they said re-calibrated the steering and everything is fine. I don't think the issue is resolved and I still feel the steering to be lighter to operate. What do you think could have happened and where can I get it checked?
Old 28th November 2022, 16:02   #1627

Rusting in harrier

Has anyone had problems with rusting in their harrier? Mine is barely 2 months old and has done 2600 Kms. First service is complete and I noticed this on the rear left suspension.

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-9d773281303e2c6c54605400ef65bd56.jpg

Anyone could share some advice on this?
Old 16th December 2022, 10:11   #1628
BHPian

Need a solution:

Have a Harrier XZA+ DT. Earlier the car used to autolock while parked if I left the car unlocked for 30 secs however now the car does not lock itself.

Please suggest how can I enable autolock of the car?
Old 16th December 2022, 15:55   #1629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
Need a solution:

Have a Harrier XZA+ DT. Earlier the car used to autolock while parked if I left the car unlocked for 30 secs however now the car does not lock itself.

Please suggest how can I enable autolock of the car?
I think it will autolock if you have unlocked the car and haven't opened the door. If you have opened the door, then it doesn't autolock. At least that's how it has been with me since the start.
Old 16th December 2022, 16:35   #1630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
I think it will autolock if you have unlocked the car and haven't opened the door. If you have opened the door, then it doesn't autolock. At least that's how it has been with me since the start.
That's exactly how it is supposed to work and used to work earlier. But does not work this way anymore . Anyone can suggest ?
Old 19th December 2022, 22:58   #1631
BHPian

Hello Everyone.
I have Harrier XZ+ Manual Transmission (Dual Tone) MY Feb 2021.
Today I received call from the dealer that my car needs replacement of "C Mount". On further inquiry, I was told that this is the instruction from Tata Motors and will be replaced free of cost by any Tata Authorized service centre. Did any one receive a similar call?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th December 2022 at 07:41. Reason: Grammar
Old 20th December 2022, 06:03   #1632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayan View Post
Hello Everyone.
Today I received call from the dealer that my car needs replacement of "C Mount". On further inquiry, I was told that this is the instruction from Tata Motors and will be replaced free of cost by any Tata Authorized service centre. Did any one receive a similar call?
I know many with a manual Harrier received this call. It is genuine.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th December 2022 at 07:44. Reason: Quoted post edited. Thanks.
Old 20th December 2022, 10:01   #1633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayan View Post
Hello Everyone.
Its a C mount bolt for the engine mounting which is being changed by Tata free of charge as an updation to resolution of engine vibrations. There is a change of material of the bolt being used. I had got this done last week during my scheduled visit to TASS.
Old 28th December 2022, 08:10   #1634
BHPian

Hello bhpians, I have finalised to replace my 2019 Creta SX O 1.6D with the Tata Harrier automatic. The dealer is offering the XZA plus, October manufactured piece at 23.5 on road, which has manual parking brakes and rear drums. But upon reading from Tata motors latest Harrier brochure, I noticed that xza plus now comes standard with all wheel discs and electronic parking brake with autohold.
https://cars.tatamotors.com/images/h...d/brochure.pdf
The dealer told me that he could arrange that also may be with 10 or 15 thousands more at atound 23.65L.
Now when I enquired about 2023 model, the sales person confirmed with confidence that 2023 manufactured models will get 360 degrees camera and updated music system, and may be ADAS features also. There may be some cosmetic changes in the exterior also. I was also told that I may have to pay 1 to 1.5 Lacs more for the 23 model, and it will be delivered by March or April 2023.The dealership even booked the 2023 model for me informally. I paid the booking amount by card and a receipt was issued. It is expected that the updated Harrier and Safari will be launched at Auto Expo 2023, January 15-18. Now let us hope Tata motors does not delay it. And it is worth foregoing the year end offers.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-c7b957dbe6d64ded9b14db21e8db6eb2.png  

gsratta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 11:12   #1635
BHPian

XZA plus costs about 27 Lakhs on road in Pune. You guys are really lucky having to pay lower road tax. In Pune its about 3.5 lakhs as road tax. Crap

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks