Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2022, 11:24   #1636
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
Hello bhpians, I have finalised to replace my 2019 Creta SX O 1.6D with the Tata Harrier automatic..
Curious on why you are replacing 2019 vehicle so early? Is it only for automatic or were there any other issues ?
SideView is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 12:09   #1637
BHPian

The Creta is doing perfectly fine, in fact it is in perfect showroom condition. The main reason for replacement is that I mostly use it on highways, and I am very much concerned about safety, moreover the handling of the Creta at highway speeds is not confidence inspiring and also the well documented brakes issue, although I have experienced it only once. The problem occurs when you brake suddenly, on a rough road, when abs kicks in, even at slow speeds, the car refuses to stop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Curious on why you are replacing 2019 vehicle so early? Is it only for automatic or were there any other issues ?
gsratta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 23:02   #1638
BHPian

Quote:
The Creta is doing perfectly fine, in fact it is in perfect showroom condition. The main reason for replacement is that I mostly use it on highways, and I am very much concerned about safety, moreover the handling of the Creta at highway speeds is not confidence inspiring and also the well documented brakes issue, although I have experienced it only once. The problem occurs when you brake suddenly, on a rough road, when abs kicks in, even at slow speeds, the car refuses to stop.
If you're concerned about safety even Harrier and Safari aren't crash tested, we know TATA makes safe cars but we can't be 100% sure until we have crash test results.

Moreover the steering of Harrier becomes light at highway speeds as reported by so many owners, so don't expect sedan level of handling from the harrier, it's a big, heavy and high SUV at the end of the day. Take long test drives on the highway upto the legal speeds to see for yourself about the handling.

The only cars which are crash tested and have good handling on highway speeds are the Taigun and the Kushaq. Have a test drive of the 1.5 TSI once see how do you like them.
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 06:43   #1639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
If you're concerned about safety even Harrier and Safari aren't crash tested, we know TATA makes safe cars but we can't be 100% sure until we have crash test results.

Moreover the steering of Harrier becomes light at highway speeds as reported by so many owners, so don't expect sedan level of handling from the harrier, it's a big, heavy and high SUV at the end of the day. Take long test drives on the highway upto the legal speeds to see for yourself about the handling.

The only cars which are crash tested and have good handling on highway speeds are the Taigun and the Kushaq. Have a test drive of the 1.5 TSI once see how do you like them.
Thanks for the advice. Yes I took around 25km highway test drive of the Harrier, and I liked its highway manners and stability over the Creta. You don't feel that you are going above 100, it feels confident, which is not in the case of Creta.
I considered Taigun also, test drive was good, but it does not feel like an upgrade from the Creta. I didn't like the performance of the 1l AT compared to the Creta 1.6 diesel, 1.5 was good but dsg dq200 is a risk factor. It felt cramped for 5 passengers, even the front seats feel cramped and cushioning does not seem to be of good quality, as compared to creta, you just feel like you are driving a budget sporty hatchback, not an SUV, moreover both the test drive cars with 4000 to 6000 odo reading had more rattles than my 50000km run Creta.
Also checked the XUV700, didn't like the ingress egress of the front seats, top of the front door edge is quite low, having 6 feet height, it just felt uncomfortable, even though the seat moves back when the diver door is opened. After adjusting for my driving position, no headroom was left in the XUV700. The driver's seat of Creta feels more roomy wth respect to ingress egress and headroom. Waiting for the Auto Expo, what features Tata adds to its Harrier Safari lineup, and then take the final decision, whether to replace or not.
gsratta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st December 2022, 14:26   #1640
BHPian

Quote:
Also checked the XUV700, didn't like the ingress egress of the front seats, top of the front door edge is quite low, having 6 feet height, it just felt uncomfortable, even though the seat moves back when the diver door is opened. After adjusting for my driving position, no headroom was left in the XUV700. The driver's seat of Creta feels more roomy wth respect to ingress egress and headroom. Waiting for the Auto Expo, what features Tata adds to its Harrier Safari lineup, and then take the final decision, whether to replace or not.
Totally agree with your XUV700 feeling. When I sat in XUV700, I did not get the robust and cocooned feeling I get in Harrier. Low window lines and low dashboard in XUV700 feels so odd. I became so much happy with my Harrier after sitting in XUV700. Harrier is a different feeling al together which XUV700 cannot match.
steadfast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 12:06   #1641
BHPian

I am not sure how people expect sedan like handling behaviour from any SUV for that matter. Probably that's the reason why we see so many roll-overs and toppled cars lately.
BlackMambaXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 12:10   #1642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
Need inputs from Harrier owners:

My harrier is making a sound from driver side front
My Jan 2021 Harrier had the same Issue. They changed the Engine A mount from Hydraulic to Rubber based and the Issue was gone. The downside is that Engine Vibration is way more in the New Mount as compared to the Old Hydraulic mounts.
Old 3rd January 2023, 12:24   #1643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMambaXX View Post
My Jan 2021 Harrier had the same Issue. They changed the Engine A mount from Hydraulic to Rubber based and the Issue was gone. The downside is that Engine Vibration is way more in the New Mount as compared to the Old Hydraulic mounts.
In my case, suspension arm was changed . Noise has reduced significantly
steadfast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 16:28   #1644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaisalmeriya View Post
Can you please share a picture of the installation for reference.
Check out the attached picture so you can understand what it's like.

Just slide in the magnet supplied with the holder on the back of your phone case and voila it sticks firmly to the magnet when near.

Never drops even when the car hits a pothole or bumpy road.

Great Product.

Link:https://amzn.eu/d/hIRPlie
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_1526.jpg  

bil.007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 11:39   #1645
BHPian

A quick question if anyone can help. How long should I expect my Harrier XZA+ battery to last? It’s a Dec 2020 mode and run about 12k km.

Has anyone here changed their battery? After how many months and Kms?

Thanks in advance.
Old 21st January 2023, 12:05   #1646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
A quick question if anyone can help. How long should I expect my Harrier XZA+ battery to last? It’s a Dec 2020 mode and run about 12k km.

Has anyone here changed their battery? After how many months and Kms?

Thanks in advance.
Not a Harrier owner, but OEM batteries generally last 3-4 years atleast. To be sure get the battery checked and maybe water topped up. You don't have to worry about battery so soon.
Stolidus500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 12:41   #1647
BHPian

Quote:
gsratta, I had a similar experience once in my Seltos GTX DCT Plus. It was a kuccha road with lot of undulations, when I suddenly braked and then left the brake, car started accelerating without any input from me. I somehow managed to slam on the brakes and slowdown the car. Any idea why it happens?
Old 21st January 2023, 13:01   #1648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolidus500 View Post
Not a Harrier owner, but OEM batteries generally last 3-4 years atleast. To be sure get the battery checked and maybe water topped up. You don't have to worry about battery so soon.
Thanks. I owned a Rapid before this, the battery conked off within 2.5 years. And was told that it is normal. So wanted to know the experience of other Harrier owners.
Old 21st January 2023, 13:06   #1649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
Thanks. I owned a Rapid before this, the battery conked off within 2.5 years. And was told that it is normal. So wanted to know the experience of other Harrier owners.
Skoda batteries are notorious for early failure, I wouldn't judge other cars by that lifespan. I haven't replaced a OEM battery before 4 years on Mahindra, Renault, Hyundai, Toyota etc. Skoda-VW Group as usual stands as a exception and again not in a good way.
Stolidus500 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2023, 07:01   #1650

My Tata Harrier battery stopped functioning after 1 year and 9 months. The particular model of Exide which is installed is also not available in Mumbai with battery dealers and is exclusive to Tata service centres.
Aparently the harrier warranty on their factory fitted battery is only 1 year 6 months as per the Tata service centre.
Dr Carlton Pere is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks