Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2020, 17:31   #181
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandeepkamboj View Post
Had I not given my car in exchange already, I would have cancelled the deal. I am hoping now that I will not face any major issue in my Harrier.
Sorry my friend, but why did you exchange your car in the first place and complete your loan formalities after such a horrible showroom visit? You obviously might have not exchanged your car first with those tata folks and then go to see the car you were going to purchase. Why should you hope that everything goes well? It 20 lakhs of hard earned money. Nobody gave it to you for free I assume.

If those folks are so stupid, you should give your money somewhere else. If some Hexa owners had to put up with such sales experience it was because the product was such value for money. I got my top end auto for 19.7 including insurance and extended warranty which was a tad less than the mid variant of the bare bones Innova. But in the harrier zone there are a lot more options one can buy for that money. And its not that the product is miles ahead of the competition either.

Anyway lets hope everything turns out well.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 20:10   #182
Senior - BHPian

Err..Isnt the Petrol Harrier launching end of this year (2020)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
I first had to struggle to get a test drive vehicle, wanted the diesel but was sent a petrol and told that the dynamics are similar, so adjust
Old 20th September 2020, 20:43   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Err..Isnt the Petrol Harrier launching end of this year (2020)?
Yep, which is what i told that fine gent, long story short he lied to get of his commitments.
Stribog is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 22:27   #184
BHPian

Just came from a 400km drive with my Sparkle Coca Harrier . Enjoyed the drive to the core .

1. Wonderful suspension . It takes care of everything on its way . Helped in maintaining a good average speed on those monsoon state highways. At 40km/hr speed it rides flat . Seltos and Creta felt so delicate ( as they were in my final purchase list especially Seltos )

2. High speed stability and safety features . Had a moose test scenario when a cow stepped in accidentally from the bushes . Car handled it very well with ease . Was riding close to 90km/hr

3. City driving mode is enough for even single lane state highways . We need to slightly prepare our overtaking manoeuvres. In sports mode this is a completely different machine altogether

4. Got an MID average of 13.7 with some spirited driving with 90% on City mode on single lane state highway end to end

5. Automatic is so well tuned that it shifts seamlessly .

6. Awesome Music system . Better than seltos but second to Hector ( it’s the gold standard under 30 lakhs )

7. NVH : second to Seltos , but improved a lot compared to V1. Engine noise is almost nill rather noise is there from tire and wind on orvm

Dislike

1. Brakes . Has bite but all wheel discs should have been better .

Last edited by greyhound82 : 20th September 2020 at 22:35.
greyhound82 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 01:17   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
Just came from a 400km drive with my Sparkle Coca Harrier . Enjoyed the drive to the core .
Congrats @greyhound82- seems your car is back from the service centre. Hope all electrical issues are sorted now and you are enjoying the Harrier as it should be!
Did the team mention the cause of those errors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
Congrats @greyhound82- seems your car is back from the service centre. Hope all electrical issues are sorted now and you are enjoying the Harrier as it should be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandeepkamboj View Post
Hello everyone, booked a Harrier XMA on 6th of September from Gurgaon. Delivery is expected by the month-end.
Hi Amandeep, congrats on booking the harrier. I am also planning to get the XZA+ version via company lease from Gurgaon by October last end. Which showroom did you get it from ? Arya or Hatron? Thinking of avoiding booking it through one which does not co-operate even on the PDI.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 21st September 2020 at 13:30. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 21st September 2020, 09:09   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
Sorry my friend, but why did you exchange your car in the first place and complete your loan formalities after such a horrible showroom visit?

Anyway lets hope everything turns out well.
Hello Krishna,
I took the test drive form one showroom, that day, I went straight for a test drive and not much interaction was done with the sales executive. Rest of the discussion was done over the phone, and because of the poor exchange deal they offered me for my existing car things did not materialize. It was then when I visited the other showroom, they offered me an acceptable offer and I booked the car immediately. The episode I mentioned in my post happened when I went to the showroom again for submission of the loan approval letter. You may say that I should have been more diligent on the booking bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhku12 View Post
Hi Amandeep, congrats on booking the harrier. I am also planning to get the XZA+ version via company lease from Gurgaon by October last end. Which showroom did you get it from ? Arya or Hatron? Thinking of avoiding booking it through one which does not co-operate even on the PDI.
Thank you Saurabh,
I booked my car form Hartron Motors. I request you not to make the decision solely on my feedback, and check for the competency and hospitality level of showroom staff yourself. However, now you have first-hand feedback, you can be more cautious while booking.
I wish you all the best for your purchase.
amandeepkamboj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 10:02   #187
Senior - BHPian

I wonder what one should do to get a test drive from Tata Motors! Just a week after the car was launched (Harrier Auto), I walked in (Key Motors) for a TD, and it wasn't available. Next week again, car was available but in service. On Friday morning I walked in, and everybody looks away avoiding eye contact (this was disconcerting, and I knew I wouldn't get a car). As predicted, the car is not available. Supposed to be back by evening. I go again in the evening and the car is nowhere to be seen. I think these TD cars are being used for personal errands by staff (no other explanation). Then, since the Harrier was not there, I asked for the BS6 Nexon Diesel - and 'No Sir, the Car wont be available now. Try next week". "What about Nexon EV?", I ask. "oh yes that we have", the SA replies. When we walk towards the car, the watchman would have none of it. "Its got 60% charge and let it charge fully", he admonishes the SA. So no TD at all. Now, I realise the watchman has the greatest powers there, and is in full control. Next time, I'll check with him first, if any car is available. Looks like Tata cars are doing really well, sales wise. Later that evening, dropped in at Hyundai. They were a revelation! And I was overjoyed (the SA had full product knowledge and her eagerness to provide long TD astounded me). Even the really busy Kia Showroom. They took exceptional care of me. I probed these Sales Staff a bit (Both Hyundai and Kia), and asked them for their secret sauce. It's just close monitoring by the team leader (who keeps coming and checking if everything is okay) and 'training, training and more training'). I write this with great sadness because TM has superb products but the Staff are just not on the same page. They're either demoralized or don't think it's their duty/job to sell. Sheer 'Government type' high-handedness. I really wish the 'car maker' does some surprise checks using friends or family members, incognito. It's for their own good!

Last edited by Sebring : 21st September 2020 at 10:19.
Sebring is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 10:26   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I wonder what one should do to get a test drive from Tata Motors!
I stopped visiting car showrooms altogether - years ago. Both my current cars were actually acquired the "online" way. I don't have a preference to a particular showroom as such.

This started because of the lackluster service I received at 2 Maruti showrooms in Pune when I was looking for an automatic Alto back in 2017. Bored of the process - I filled up the "get offers from dealer" button on Carwale.com. Got the best offer + TD car at my doorstep literally in 2 hours from submitting the form. A brand new car in transit from the plant at the time of booking, was delivered the next week.

Come 2019 - I didn't even think of visiting the Tata showroom. I was looking to buy the Safari Storme as a last ditch attempt before it was discontinued. By default - submitted the form on www.carwale.com & had the car + offer at my doorstep for TD the same evening. Call from showroom was within 15 minutes from submitting the form. The whole process was handled so well by the SA that I even made a booking & then changed it to Nexon afterwards just with a phone-call. Then - changed the colour from Glasgow Grey to Calgary White midway through the waiting week! No problems. Never visited the showroom (didn't even know where it really was).

Did all transactions online for both cars & visited directly for delivery. I learnt from the SA that Carwale.com actually trains select staff from select showrooms for high quality customer & sales services. They have frequent refresher, upskilling workshops for a couple of days for these teams. Seems to be working well. I suggested this to another few friends & they got a good experience with their Tigor / Nexon buying experience as well. Its far better to get a TD at the doorstep. If the showroom can't arrange for it, either we go for another car OR keep trying patiently.

Give it a try. I have a suspicion it might work out.

Last edited by Reinhard : 21st September 2020 at 10:28.
Reinhard is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 10:44   #189
Senior - BHPian

My problem is the time (My own). So many times I'm called away at the N'th minute (mostly fire fighting), and I don't want to disappoint them as they've traveled quite a distance to gt to my home. Moreover, will they keep their time? Besides that 'conf-calls' come up in a second's notice (never know when that comes up). So when I'm free I just take off to get things done. Surely, I'll organise a 'home TD' from now on. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 11:34   #190
BHPian

I second the attitude and lack of training issues with Tata Motors showroom staff - this will get better as more / better dealers take up Tata Motors dealerships, but here is my experience with Puneet Motors, Mumbai:

1. I am down to selecting between 2 cars - the Harrier and Civic
2. I went through a harrowing time to get the first TD. The car came late at night and I could only ride it for 10 mins
3. The SA kept following up with me about "closing the deal"
4. I am very particular about time so I told him last Monday that I will come on Saturday at 1030am to TD the car. I reminded him again on Wednesday and Thursday. Both times he told me we can do the TD and "close the deal"
5. I reached at 1030am on Saturday and the guy was nowhere to be seen, nor was the car. Neither did they have a XZA or XZA+ on display! The junior sidekick told me to look at XT and "imagine" that the fabric parts will be covered with leather. I almost laughed.
6. The SA came late and told me the TD car has gone to a "hot reference" customer and it won't be available till Wednesday this week. I just stood there and looked at him with astonishment
7. He told me that he has "cross checked" what I am getting from the Honda dealership for my exchange car. I told him to mind his own business.
8. The sidekick then made a wisecrack about exchanging my father's car that we had used to go to the dealership. At this point my father completely lost it.
9. While we were leaving the Nexon EV SA invited me to do a TD of the car. This guy was knowledgeable, courteous and friendly. I think the EV guys are trained seperately / come from the company, as the Harrier SA was refering to the Nexon SA as "Sir".
10. Finally, after the Nexon EV ride, the Harrier SA told me I should consider the Nexon EV as it will "fit my budget better". The funny thing is that I have never told him my budget, nor have I ever indicated my net worth to him. I just said thank you and walked out

The Honda experience at two dealerships was the complete opposite. The SA encouraged me to take the car on the sea link, was advising me on sports mode, linear power delivery of CVT, etc. Also both dealerships gave me the Civic brochures, while two seperate Tata dealerships told me they can only share soft copy because they don't have enough copies.

The Harrier is a great car and probably makes more sense overall than the Civic (heart's choice), but I feel like I am buying stuff from a ration shop whenever I interact with the Tata dealership.

Last edited by andafunda : 21st September 2020 at 11:39.
andafunda is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 13:11   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andafunda View Post
3. The SA kept following up with me about "closing the deal"
6. The SA came late and told me the TD car has gone to a "hot reference" customer and it won't be available till Wednesday this week. I just stood there and looked at him with astonishment
10. Finally, after the Nexon EV ride, the Harrier SA told me I should consider the Nexon EV as it will "fit my budget better". The funny thing is that I have never told him my budget, nor have I ever indicated my net worth to him. I just said thank you and walked out

I feel like I am buying stuff from a ration shop whenever I interact with the Tata dealership.
This happened to me last year aswell. After multiple days of asking for a TD they arrange one car that is allegedly shared between 3 cities and 5 dealerships within a 200km radius. After the TD ended the guy tried to sell me the Nexon instead.

The only time they called back is when the year was ending and they were in a hurry to move their inventory.

The Civic was beyond my budget but the Test drive was stellar. There was no pressure to close the deal. The SA was more than willing to let me experience the car.

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 21st September 2020 at 13:13.
Nithesh_M is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 14:50   #192

I can completely understand some of you complaining about TATA sales team. I did a test drive last week. Clearly told him I want to buy a Harrier before end of this month. Got my existing Verna checked by his colleague for potential exchange. He said he will get back to me the value of the exchange and the best price he can offer. It has now been 5 days and there has not been a single call. If they dont show interest when some literally spells out that they want to buy a car, I dont know how these guys are doing sales.

Can some of the people who booked Harrier recently tell me if they were given any offers or freebies? Or was the car booked at the official price list rate. The dealer I spoke to is offering no cash discount at all for the Black edition. They are also charging me about 29k for the accessory pack which includes all the tidbits like floor mats, Ganesha Idol etc. I find it very hard to believe that they are not offering even a single thing included in the rate or providing some form of cash discount. Isn't it common practice to give something free with the car or offer some discount on the official price mentioned on price list?

If this is how car sales are done nowadays, things have clearly changed a lot since I last bought a car 6 years ago!!
redevil is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 15:35   #193
BHPian

Quote:
I stopped visiting car showrooms altogether - years ago. Both my current cars were actually acquired the "online" way. I don't have a preference to a particular showroom as such.
This sir is a brilliant option that you just highlighted. Somehow I never thought of it.

I am looking for a new Harrier towards the end of the year. I was thinking when might be the best time to visit the show room, to avoid a busy show room, and also the (in)famous Tata showroom experience.
Garth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 16:11   #194
BHPian

Quote:
I honestly hope that someone high up from Tata Motors is reading this thread. If the customer facing aspects are so poorly managed in house, that a prospective buyer has to go to a 3rd party website - God save the PV division!

Outsource your sales staff to a competent organisation like the Government of India outsourced Passport Seva Kendras. Things surely can't get worse, on this page alone we have so many frustrated potential customers!

And I say all this with deep sadness. Coming from a family which was associated with TELCO for many decades as an OEM ancillary, I have an emotional attachment with Tata Motors and wish them to do well.
digitalnirvana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 16:17   #195
Senior - BHPian

Then they should close all showrooms and keep that as an experience center. They could have a kiosk and tablet there with which we can book an appointment for home-visit. They can use the money saved to have ten TD cars then for different locations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
This sir is a brilliant option that you just highlighted. Somehow I never thought of it.
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks