Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2024, 21:30   #2026
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Which dealer or service center are we talking about here?
I guess I had mentioned in earlier posts, I bought the Harrier from Cauvery Motors at Avalahalli on Old Madras Road (remember Cauvery Ford from 2 decades ago? They’re back with Tata dealerships this time).
I think my Harrier was one of the first few, if not the very first one they sold/delivered back in June 2023 when this dealership was new.

Last edited by NPV : 3rd May 2024 at 21:40.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 12:13   #2027
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Any first hand experience of using the tyre mobility/puncture repair kit that comes with the Harrier ? This wasn’t explained at the time of buying so I found a video on YouTube and it shows the sealant liquid being pumped using the inflator when there is a puncture. The video goes on to explain that tyre pressure needs to be checked after 10km of driving and then one needs to replace the tyre within 80km (maybe it actually means we need to get a tubeless tyre puncture fix done eventually within 80km?).

Also, can we use just the inflator without the sealant liquid?

Last edited by NPV : 21st May 2024 at 12:14.
Old 21st May 2024, 14:02   #2028
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Any first hand experience of using the tyre mobility/puncture repair kit that comes with the Harrier ? This wasn’t explained at the time of buying so I found a video on YouTube and it shows the sealant liquid being pumped using the inflator when there is a puncture. The video goes on to explain that tyre pressure needs to be checked after 10km of driving and then one needs to replace the tyre within 80km (maybe it actually means we need to get a tubeless tyre puncture fix done eventually within 80km?).

I haven't used the sealant liquid yet on my car(touchwood). But yes, the puncture has to be fixed as soon as possible and I think you can't do speeds more than 100kmph with the sealant in the tire, I believe it will not hold for that long.

And, yes you can just use the inflator to check air pressure or fill air when needed.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2024, 15:48   #2029
BHPian

After washing the car, if I roll down the windows that day even after many hours have passed, it leaves a terrible mess of water on the windows and the windows again become dirty with water marks.

What am I doing wrong? Is there some way to improve this or I need to request this to be fixed in next service?
Old 30th May 2024, 15:31   #2030
Senior - BHPian

What is the latest S/W version that is now available?
Old 30th May 2024, 16:51   #2031
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
What is the latest S/W version that is now available?
My car has version 16.8, it was updated in December 2023 and service guys mentioned it is still the latest version when I visited last month to reset an error code.

Last edited by NPV : 30th May 2024 at 16:52.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2024, 11:27   #2032

Quote:
tyre pressure needs to be checked after 10km of driving and then one needs to replace the tyre within 80km
SA had told me that I will have to replace the tyre once sealant is used. According to him, its only to be used if there is absolutely no other way to fix puncture. I remember he also mentioned to not drive beyond 80kmph, and replace tyre as soon as possible.

I bought a tyre inflator from Tusa and it works fine for top-ups. (Link: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0C...?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

Background for the cordless type: I did blow a fuse when a corded tyre inflator (Burgmann Typhoon BCT150D) was used to inflate tyre. Later I figured out that the fuse rating in of power socket Harrier is 10A (it was 15A in my old car and I missed to check it before using it in Harrier).
asr_b500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2024, 13:36   #2033
BHPian

Quote:

Have you checked the User manual? I think it is well documented in the user manual. If so, that should be the most trustworthy source for info.

I think that the inflator can be used as a regular pump as well for top ups etc. You need not attach the sealant bottle for such usage. There are instructions around that even on the kit - I remember seeing once. I felt stupid when I had bought an additional inflator for 2.5 k without exploring what was already given. The downside of the inflator in kit is lack of digital reading and auto cut offs.
Rodie09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2024, 23:52   #2034

Can you share which tata service center was this and was this in Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleueNinja View Post
Posting this update over here because the good experiences with service centres are rarely highlighted and negative experiences are aplenty.

Gave my harrier for its 15,000 kms service.

Issues in the car that were reported :
  1. Left Pull :- This has been rectified with help of subframe shift. The car is running straight as an arrow now. Super happy.
  2. Boot door needed a lot of force to be closed :- A slight aligning was needed. This has been taken care of and now boot closes properly with required amount of force and no extra pressure is needed.
  3. Infotainment niggles : Infotainment would randomly restart , this has been fixed with an update.
  4. Welcome function not working properly : When I would unlock my car the ORVMs wouldn’t open sometimes. This has been corrected.

Additional work done:
  1. ECU Update : I wanted to get my Harrier’s ECU updated. Tata service centre updated my Harrier’s ECU and now I can feel the difference. The power delivery is very linear and gear changes are smoother than before. Apparently this ECU update also addresses power loss experienced by diesel engines at an altitude. I haven’t been able to verify this but my Harrier is running smoother than it was before.
  2. Deep cleaning :- I have an overly pampered golden retriever who sheds heavily. We have been travelling a lot and my car was filled with his hair. I got deep cleaning done from Tata and they charged me half of what I was being charged outside but they have done really really impressive work with my car. It was spick and span just as the day I bought it.

My experience with the service centre was really good. The SA patiently listened to my issues and got it rectified instead of providing a standard “this is how it is designed Saar” reply.

I have not been experiencing wind noise at 100km/hr. There is very audible road noise but no wind noise. Wind noise creep in the cabin once you cross the legal limits.

I would request you to get it checked by other service centres because what SA mentioned isn’t true because if that was the case it would have been highlighted earlier in reviews or feedback by other users.

If anything else Harrier’s design and ride quality is such that many times fellow passengers in my car aren’t able to guess the current speed of the car. 110 feels like 80 to them.

If they still persist that this is a design issue then escalate it to service manager and ask them to provide you in writing that this is a design flaw in Harrier then look at them rectify your issue asap.

Most Viewed