Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2020, 16:32   #196
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by redevil View Post

Can some of the people who booked Harrier recently tell me if they were given any offers or freebies? Or was the car booked at the official price list rate?
I booked my Harrier last month : Aug 29
  • No discounts for XZA+
  • No handling charges (~11k)
  • The dealer is ready to equalize the quote to an online quote(~40k -50k)
  • Dealer discount (~6k)
  • Govt. Employee (~5k)/ Corporate Discount(~15k)
  • Got Mudflaps + Rubber Carpets as Freebies as I insisted on that part
greyhound82 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 16:34   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
I booked my Harrier last month : Aug 29
  • No discounts for XZA+
  • No handling charges (~11k)
  • The dealer is ready to equalize the quote to an online quote(~40k -50k)
  • Dealer discount (~6k)
  • Govt. Employee (~5k)/ Corporate Discount(~15k)
  • Got Mudflaps + Rubber Carpets as Freebies as I insisted on that part
Equalize the quote you mean for an exchange quote you got online?
redevil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 16:36   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Then they should close all showrooms and keep that as an experience center. They could have a kiosk and tablet there with which we can book an appointment for home-visit. They can use the money saved to have ten TD cars then for different locations
There are lot of uninformed folks who walk into the showroom seeking suggestions from the SA, at which model or even which car they should be looking at for a certain budget.
Many people will want to see the car in flesh. A full showroom experience will still be required.
Old 21st September 2020, 16:54   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Yes , he was ready to come down to online quote and it’s better to take from dealer for the pan India cashless in all Tata service centres
greyhound82 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 18:21   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post

Outsource your sales staff to a competent organisation like the Government of India outsourced Passport Seva Kendras. Things surely can't get worse, on this page alone we have so many frustrated potential customers!
It is ironic to note here – that passport digital transformation was done by TCS – another Tata company. It was done under a Build-Own-Operate-Transfer (BOOT) framework. Not sure still they operate the system now.

I really admire TCS (though working in a rival company) for the workflow they developed and implemented which is perfect. From passport office in to out you have seamless flow with no bottle neck anywhere.
AshBabu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 19:12   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
This happened to me last year aswell. After multiple days of asking for a TD they arrange one car that is allegedly shared between 3 cities and 5 dealerships within a 200km radius. After the TD ended the guy tried to sell me the Nexon instead.

The only time they called back is when the year was ending and they were in a hurry to move their inventory.
The Harrier SA just called me back. He said he is trying his "best" to get me the best deal on my old car and that it is the maximum I will get anywhere in the market. I had just come back from selling my car for 20% more. This makes me question the SA's credibility - seems like he wants to pull a fast one on me.

In my situation, the Tata Motors dealership has landed me from a sure shot convert (as my previous questions and posts on this thread may suggest) to a 30/70 sale in favour of Civic.

I sincerely hope Tata Motors is able to transmit even 10% of their ethos to current dealerships. With sales volume, the new ones will anyways be better.

Last edited by andafunda : 21st September 2020 at 19:14.
andafunda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 20:29   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andafunda View Post
In my situation, the Tata Motors dealership has landed me from a sure shot convert (as my previous questions and posts on this thread may suggest) to a 30/70 sale in favour of Civic.
As GTO had suggested in another thread, grin and bear the poor sales experience if you really want the Harrier. Don't let the dissatisfaction around purchase overrule your choice. You'll live with the car for around a decade so buy the one that appeals to you.

Go via the online carwale route that Reinhard suggested. And also send a strongly worded note to TML highlighting your troubles.

All the best in whatever you choose.
digitalnirvana is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 20:59   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Harrier SA just called me back. He said he is trying his "best" to get me the best deal on my old car and that it is the maximum I will get anywhere in the market. I had just come back from selling my car for 20% more. This makes me question the SA's credibility - seems like he wants to pull a fast one on me.
To be fair, this is the case at all dealership across all manufacturers. If the car you're exchanging isn't of the same brand they will massively underquote the value. My uncle tried to trade his Eon for an Ignis and where a MS advisor quoted 60% of what Hyundai offered. No price for guessing which brand my uncle went to in the end.

I think its best to stick to same brand if you're exchanging or sell it to third party used car services for a better value. The Suzuki guy had given my uncle an option to sell the Eon to any of the used car dealers and get a bill for the sale so they can offer an exchange bonus even if the car isn't being exchanged with them. Not sure if all dealers do that.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 22:59   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
As GTO had suggested in another thread, grin and bear the poor sales experience if you really want the Harrier.
I get that I won't have to deal with the SA once I buy the car. I am fine with small niggles also. What I didn't like is that I am expected to buy a 24 lac rupee car based on a 15 min TD in the middle of the night. I will try the CarWale route as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
To be fair, this is the case at all dealership across all manufacturers. If the car you're exchanging isn't of the same brand they will massively underquote the value.
Absolutely.. and that's fine. The Honda SA told me this upfront. The Puneet Motors SA portrayed it as if he's doing me a favour. This combined with the experience at the showroom makes me believe that Tata needs to do a Nexa strategy for cars like Nexon, Harrier, etc. The current dealership employees are trained to sell trucks, not premium consumer vehicles.
andafunda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 03:14   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No, the quote for insurance. Generally the showroom insurance quotes are much higher than what one can get "outside". In greyhound82's case, showroom reduced it to nearly the direct online quote. Not car's exchange valuation quote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
Yes , he was ready to come down to online quote and it’s better to take from dealer for the pan India cashless in all Tata service centres
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 05:40   #206
BHPian

Quote:
I sincerely hope Tata Motors is able to transmit even 10% of their ethos to current dealerships. With sales volume, the new ones will anyways be better.
Really sad that a competent vehicle is let down by sales . In my case the discussion was handled by Team Lead rather than SA. When compared to dealerships, sales staff in Croma is competent . So rather than a TATA trait , it seems aspiring and competent SA’s will end up in Maruti , Hyundai , Kia etc and Tata SA’s keep on changing ( within a span of 4 months I dealt with 2 different SA due to attrition in case of TATA and Jeep )
Old 22nd September 2020, 15:14   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.

Wanted to share some news regarding the Harrier with you.

3. In another exclusive scoop, Tata is expected to launch the connected car platform on the Harrier in the next couple of months. So Harrier will get these features before the Gravitas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route66 View Post
Thank You for this information.

Do you anticipate any price hike once they roll out connected features?

I am planning to purchase either XZA or XZA+ around Diwali mainly because of discounts offered at that time.

Thank You
Hi @ram87pune, I am in the same boat as @route66. Want to go ahead with the booking for an XZA+, but in two minds on whether I should wait for the connected car features. Not too hung up on these features, but also want to ensure that I get the maximum bang for the almost 100% undiscounted bucks that Tata is asking for the XZA+ model. I will go ahead in case the features are coming in only with the 2021 facelift.

Also, any advice on whether there will be any additional discounts on offer from October itself, or they will only kick in during Dhanteras, which will fall in November?
Old 22nd September 2020, 16:36   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhku12 View Post
Hi @ram87pune, I am in the same boat as @route66. Want to go ahead with the booking for an XZA+, but in two minds on whether I should wait for the connected car features. Not too hung up on these features, but also want to ensure that I get the maximum bang for the almost 100% undiscounted bucks that Tata is asking for the XZA+ model. I will go ahead in case the features are coming in only with the 2021 facelift.

Also, any advice on whether there will be any additional discounts on offer from October itself, or they will only kick in during Dhanteras, which will fall in November?
Hello Saurabh.

The connected car features are coming in the next couple of months but if you are not too fond of them then you can go ahead with your purchase right now. Also there is a slight possibility that the Harrier will feature a lesser number of connected car features than the Gravitas. But not too sure about that.

And those who are asking if it will be possible to update the older ICE with connected features then the answer is No.

Also no facelift is planned for the next couple of years at least. Tata will likely keep on updating the Harrier like they did this year. Facelift will most probably come in 2023 along with the turbo petrol engine.
ram87pune is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 17:04   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello Saurabh.

And those who are asking if it will be possible to update the older ICE with connected features then the answer is No.
Does it imply that the current Harrier 2020 will come with a newer ICE setup in coming months ?
Old 23rd September 2020, 08:41   #210
Senior - BHPian

We test drove the automatic yesterday, as my uncle is looking to upgrade from his Creta. He was finalising the Karoq when I asked him to consider the Harrier.

Observations:

1) The steering is still very sensitive at highway speeds - I thought this issue had been fixed in the update?

2) The interior plastics are not befitting a 25 lakh rupee car. They feel so cheap.

3) The engine noise over 3000 rpm is very irritating - they could have atleast given it a sportier tone!!

4) One of the seat adjustment knobs was broken - felt very flimsy.

My uncle wants to go for it as he feels TATA deserves support for all they have been doing for the country. But now I feel that maybe I was wrong in recommending this car given the over sensitive steering (which I feel is a major safety issue).
samaspire is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed