Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2020, 11:28   #346
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSingh View Post
Thanks for your response.
I am refering to unlocking of tail gate only not tail gate opening. I think there is some electric issue with my car. Currently, I can only open tail gate with its button not through key.
In our harrier, the tailgate button on the keyfob unlocks the boot (when the car is locked). Once it is unlocked, you need to press the button below the Tata logo to open the boot.
In case the car is locked (whether it is locked from inside or from outside) , pressing the button below the logo won't open the boot unless the entire car is unlocked or only the boot is unlocked from the keyfob.

Last edited by Candy$Cars : 29th October 2020 at 11:29.
Candy$Cars is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 11:37   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy$Cars View Post
In our harrier, the tailgate button on the keyfob unlocks the boot (when the car is locked).
What is the manufacturing month and year of your car?
Old 29th October 2020, 11:40   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
What is the manufacturing month and year of your car?
It is a BS4 model, February 2020 manufactured.
Old 29th October 2020, 11:45   #349
BHPian

Quote:
In our harrier, the tailgate button on the keyfob unlocks the boot (when the car is locked). Once it is unlocked, you need to press the button below the Tata logo to open the boot.
In case the car is locked (whether it is locked from inside or from outside) , pressing the button below the logo won't open the boot unless the entire car is unlocked or only the boot is unlocked from the keyfob.
Okay, thanks. I am in the impression that in case the keyfob tailgate button is used to unlock, there is no need to press the button below the Tata logo (near the rear camera) to release the tailgate.
KSingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 14:39   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Okay, thanks. I am in the impression that in case the keyfob tailgate button is used to unlock, there is no need to press the button below the Tata logo (near the rear camera) to release the tailgate.
Don't think that is the case. Once the boot is unlocked, you still need to press the button under the Tata logo to open and lift the boot. I saw this while I was doing PDI. The boot door doesn't open up slightly (as used to be the case with the old lever operated boot locks). Please try and confirm with the manual or with the service advisor and let us know as well.
Old 29th October 2020, 14:53   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rags.singh View Post
Don't think that is the case. Once the boot is unlocked, you still need to press the button under the Tata logo to open and lift the boot. I saw this while I was doing PDI. The boot door doesn't open up slightly (as used to be the case with the old lever operated boot locks). Please try and confirm with the manual or with the service advisor and let us know as well.
I referred to the manual (see image below), and here it is mentioned that on pressing the tailgate opening button (button no:3), the tailgate would be unlatched. There is no saying that, subsequently, it is required to press the button under the Tata logo.

However, within a few days, I will be visiting the service center and update you all .
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-harrier-manual-key.png  

KSingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 16:35   #352
BHPian

Quote:
I referred to the manual (see image below), and here it is mentioned that on pressing the tailgate opening button (button no:3), the tailgate would be unlatched. There is no saying that, subsequently, it is required to press the button under the Tata logo.
The boot lock only unlatches when you press the keyfob button, same happens if you press the boot button. In order to open the door you have to hold the boot button and lift the tailgate slightly.

I checked with Harrier group (THUGs), for some its working (both bs4 and bs6), for some its not. Interestingly one guy explained that he was advised by the salesperson to use the keyfob to unlatch the tailgate from a distance and thats what he does all the time. He tried to operate it close to the tailgate, but, the tailgate refused to unlatch.

I am still facing the issue, even after infotainment upgrade to 14.05. Will take it to svc some time soon to get a check done. Will keep you all updated.
AmitRavi07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 13:28   #353
BHPian

Question to the owners - Does Harrier come with any anti-rust/anti-corrosion treatment on the underbody done from the factory? If not, is it worth getting it done from the dealer?

Have checked with the dealer about the following:
- Anti-rust - cost ~4500
- Sun film (including windshield) - cost 16500+tax (Llumar brand)
- ceramic coating (using some branch called soft99) - cost 22k for 2 year warranty, 34k for 4 year warranty

Appreciate feedback from others if its better to avail these services from outside and you get same/better quality at better price.

Last edited by rags.singh : 30th October 2020 at 13:38.
Old 30th October 2020, 14:00   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Question to the owners - Does Harrier come with any anti-rust/anti-corrosion treatment on the underbody done from the factory? If not, is it worth getting it done from the dealer?
I'm not a Harrier owner. But AFAIK, all of the new generation Tata cars comes with underbody coating from factory. If you are living in coastal area, or you have a habit of scratching the underbody of the car, or you live in a place were you have to deal with frequent water logging etc then anti-rust/corrosion treatment makes sense. You can also evaluate if you have faced rusting issues with respect to cars you have owned in your family.
K_Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 18:36   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it unlocks the tailgate. For opening, you need to press the button and open the tail gate.
Quote:
Quote:
Once the boot is unlocked, you still need to press the button under the Tata logo to open and lift the boot. Please try and confirm with the manual or with the service advisor and let us know as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmitRavi07 View Post
The boot lock only unlatches when you press the keyfob button, same happens if you press the boot button. In order to open the door you have to hold the boot button and lift the tailgate slightly.
I visited the service centre today and discussed about the keyfob button to open tailgate. The service advisor informed/demonstrated to me that the keyfob button for tailgate opening is merely to unlock the tailgate once without unlocking the whole car. After pressing the keyfob button, you still need to press the button on the tailgate below the Tata logo. It is not possible to open the tailgate with keyfob button alone.

Last edited by KSingh : 30th October 2020 at 18:50.
KSingh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st October 2020, 21:19   #356
BHPian

Quote:
It is not possible to open the tailgate with keyfob button alone.
That is what I was trying to explain, the keyfob button is supposed to unlock the boot (pressing on the tailgate button once does the same). For opening the boot you have to press and lift the door slightly. In my case both the keyfob button for tailgate are not working
AmitRavi07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 12:07   #357
BHPian

I faced a very unusual situation last week. I was driving the Harrier (automatic) in city traffic of Chennai and suddenly, the malfunction indication lamp came ON .

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-malfunction.png

I was apprehensive and hence stopped the car. On restarting it after some time (1-2 min), the warning indication is still glowing. The service centre was not far away (5-6 km) from this location and hence straight went for a checkup. The service guys connected it with their laptop through the "On-Board Diagnostic" tool. On scanning for various messages, the error code was found to be due to the brake and accelerator pedal's simultaneous pressing (can be for small instance) . This may have happened unintentionally due to quick shifting between accelerator and brake pedal and vice versa in the city traffic. Further, the service advisor informed that such a minor warning signal can go off in case the vehicle is switched off for 10 min (this may be tried before driving to the service centre). So he cleared the error and finally it ended happily, All is well that ends well.

Last edited by KSingh : 2nd November 2020 at 12:32.
KSingh is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 22:36   #358
BHPian

Folks, I took a pretty longish test drive of the Harrier automatic today. The TD car had about 7000km on the ODO.
The steering had some minor vibrations. No big deal. The car itself rode pretty flawlessly and the driving experience was fantastic. The high speed stability, confidence inspiring brakes, it all felt pretty good.
The one big sore point was the HU. The audio is pretty good but the interface and the touch was lousy and lazy. I connected my iPhone and to my dismay, the system was extremely laggy and the CarPlay resolution was torrid.

Often the volume level would come up on the screen after almost 1 sec of delay. The rotary scroll is laggy as hell. How are the current owners dealing with this? Is this a one off? Is it markedly better in the recently delivered vehicles?
Lack of ventilated seats is a miss, but I am ok to compromise on this.
Lack of EPB and the quirky hand brakes, I am ok with this.
Lack of connected car tech, I don’t really miss them, but this one sore point of laggy infotainment is something that I can’t digest.

Any thoughts on this gentlemen?
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-e36f41c0af404ac0944fba87e82ee981.jpeg  

Last edited by hellraizer : 2nd November 2020 at 22:41.
Old 2nd November 2020, 22:48   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraizer View Post
Lack of connected car tech, I don’t really miss them, but this one sore point of laggy infotainment is something that I can’t digest.

Any thoughts on this gentlemen?
I do face this issue sometimes (3~4 times) in 3.5k kms, where the volume does not update immediately. While the infotainment unit is a bit laggy, I found its ok for me and nothing that is worse than any other car. Haven't used Carplay as Android Auto worked well enough, will try with carplay and check the unit.
Old 3rd November 2020, 00:35   #360
BHPian

Tata Harrier Camo Edition launch expected soon, color similar to Nexon Foliage Green:

Team BHP Thread Link: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...t-details.html (Tata Harrier Camo Edition Variant Details)

Name:  camo 1.png
Views: 3889
Size:  348.7 KB

Name:  camo 2.png
Views: 3889
Size:  274.2 KB

Name:  camo 3.png
Views: 3922
Size:  645.2 KB

Name:  camo 4.png
Views: 3859
Size:  155.5 KB