Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2020, 21:42   #436
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
It's a JBL? I thought it was the Infinity range. Well, since they copied everything from the Hector!! Either ways., It's a shame if the ICE is not great.
Not sure how or what was copied from Hector, please elaborate?

Harrier has JBL tuned acoustics, and as per my experience, I felt it was better than any car below 30 lakhs, save Hector, which had better clarity.
AmitRavi07 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 23:04   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmitRavi07 View Post
Harrier has JBL tuned acoustics, and as per my experience, I felt it was better than any car below 30 lakhs, save Hector, which had better clarity.
Same here . I test drive almost every car below 30 lakhs other than Troc . I felt Hector the best and Harrier comes the next
greyhound82 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 22:01   #438
BHPian

Finally PDI is done, everything looks good and I may get delivery by tomorrow.

DEF tank is half empty and after further enquiry, have been told that this is how it comes from the factory and delivered to the customer in the same way.

Odometer reading was 9 km which is within acceptable limit.

Noticed something new, that arm rest storage has 2 USB ports instead of 1. Is it added recently, will share the pic soon ?

Sorry for the poor quality, there was a lot of glare due to Sun
]2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_20201126_132822.jpg

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_20201126_131651.jpg
Highh5 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 22:38   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Noticed something new, that arm rest storage has 2 USB ports instead of 1. Is it added recently, will share the pic soon ?
Congrats on the car . The additional usb port was introduced in BS6 variants.
Old 27th November 2020, 07:32   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the car . The additional usb port was introduced in BS6 variants.
No - my version has just one USB under the arm rest.
What could be more useful/convenient is an additional aux port for the second row.
ihrishi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 08:08   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
No - my version has just one USB under the arm rest.
What could be more useful/convenient is an additional aux port for the second row.
Interesting, so there are versions of bs6 that dont have the internal updates. I assume yours is from Feb-March?
I believe the cars coming now have two usb pprts at the back instead of one. Can any owner confirm if one of the usb ports is connected infotainment unit?

Last edited by AmitRavi07 : 27th November 2020 at 08:09. Reason: typo
Old 27th November 2020, 09:03   #442
BHPian

Quote:
I believe the cars coming now have two usb pprts at the back instead of one. Can any owner confirm if one of the usb ports is connected infotainment unit?
Mine is august 2020 manufactured . It has only one USB port inside the armrest . It can only be used for charging and my iPhone can’t be connected to Infotainment. For infotainment connection am using the one in the dash
greyhound82 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 09:36   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
Mine is august 2020 manufactured . It has only one USB port inside the armrest.
Oh apologies, I was referring to the usb ports at the back for rear passengers. I am now not sure how the ports are distributed among variants. Check this review out of a xz+. It has dual ports in armrest and what seems to be dual ports at the back of center console (10:14 and 11:39 respectively):

Old 27th November 2020, 12:58   #444
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
It's a JBL? I thought it was the Infinity range. Well, since they copied everything from the Hector!!
Quote:
Not sure how or what was copied from Hector, please elaborate?

IMHO, it’s a gross misappropriation to state that Harrier has copied everything(or even anything) from Hector. They do not share anything other than having the same Diesel engine from FCA that is used in Jeep Compass too.

Regarding audio, let me clear this for everyone’s info. As per my knowledge, all new Tata cars have JBL-audio since last 5-7 years starting with Zest, because almost all of them come with Harman’s infotainment(Zest, bolt, Tiago, Tigor, Hexa, Nexon & Altroz). I say “almost” all because only Harrier does not come with Harman’s infotainment system, but it still gets JBL high-performance(with 4 door speakers, 4 tweeters, subwoofer and a power amplifier) branded audio similar to Hexa. Smaller Tata cars other than Hexa & Harrier don’t get power(audio-signal) amplifier and subwoofer. So Harrier too has acoustics tuning from JBL, but not in conjunction with it’s infotainment system.

Harman owns JBL and has acoustics tuning done by JBL in-house in (almost)all Tata cars in conjunction with Harman infotainment systems.

It is the acoustics tuning done in-house by JBL in conjunction with Harman infotainment system development for Tata cars that makes them sound great even in lower segment cars like Tiago, Nexon, altroz etc.

FYI, Harman owns infinity audio too, but it has not been added in any Tata cars in India.
Napalm is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 28th November 2020, 10:01   #445
BHPian

Does Tata Motors also offer a maintenance package? If so does it make sense to buy it. Also what is the cost involved?

I understand that it makes absolute sense to buy the extended warranty to max possible time.
Old 28th November 2020, 19:22   #446
BHPian

Went to a showroom to check out Camo. Loved the exterior. The car was inside the showroom and it is an eye-candy. The interior seems to have a dark gray seat compared to the all black in the Dark edition. Is that true or was the light in the showroom made me color blind? The camo green stitching on the seats was a very nice touch.

One thing which is a huge concern is that the silver part of the dash which usually comes with a plastic coating gets peeled off. I saw a video where a user faced this. Today the show room car also had the same problem. It was minor but definitely visible.

Should I ask my dealer to remove the plastic sticker on the dash before the delivery? Has anyone else faced a problem upon removal of the plastic layer?
abhatt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 07:26   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchit23 View Post
One thing that struck me odd was that if you are driving in manual mode and your speed is not appropriate then it denies the upshift or downshift.
Dear Suchit, yes this is the common behaviour of Automatics. What happens is that this behaviour is to protect the engine in case of revs don’t match the speed. Say if the vehicle is doing 40kmph in 4th where rpms are around 1000, then further upshift may not happen. Similar for reverse scenario during downshifts. Additionally suppose you are coming downhill, if the regular upshifts happen at 2000 rpm in auto mode, then during decent, you can put the gearbox in Manual mode and the revs will be held for longer say about 4000 rpm before upshifts happen eventually. So yes some bit of engine braking will assist such scenarios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
Does Tata Motors also offer a maintenance package? If so does it make sense to buy it. Also what is the cost involved?

I understand that it makes absolute sense to buy the extended warranty to max possible time.
Dear Garth, you are absolutely right with your thinking here. Go for the extended warranty eyes closed. Dont even think twice.

However for the maintenance package, yes TML has AMC - (Annual Maintenance Packages) packages for all cars. Now the criteria to apply for the AMC is usage.
Let’s say you need to drive somewhere around 50,000 kms or more in the next three years then yes, you should go for AMC. There will be a lot of wear and tear parts which will be covered in AMC like Brake Pads etc. along with labour (also depends on which AMC Pack you take).

Anyways if your monthly running is less, say about a 1000 odd kms then AMC may not make economic sense for you so much.
swarnava.ch is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 10:23   #448
BHPian

Went for my first test drive of this bad boy yesterday. I had checked the Harrier out during my Kerala trip last month, didn’t take a test drive at the time though.

It was pretty easy to find a comfortable driving position. I am not very tall at 5ft 6in and there was no interference from the dash in the left leg.

Car drove well, it was a Feb manufactured car and done about 15k km.

Seats are really comfortable. The panoramic sunroof is awesome.

The engine was smooth and never felt any lack of power. Quickly tried all terrain modes thanks to all kinds of roads in Bangalore. The different drive modes were also pretty neat and did what they were supposed to.

Still negotiating. I have been promised delivery in 3-4 weeks from booking. Also he said in all probability it will be delivered in 10-15 days.

Also yet to receive a quote for my old car which I will be exchanging.

No discounts being offered on the XZA+ apart from some insignificant stuff I was able to negotiate. Have been offered a good discount on insurance. Basically they are matching what is available in the market with Digit and Acko.

My only gripe is how to swap out the all black alloy on the dark edition with a diamond cut alloy in the dual tones.

They have a maintenance package of 2 years for around 34k. Extended warranty is for additional 2 years and unlimited kms at around 30k

Last edited by Garth : 29th November 2020 at 10:26. Reason: Missed out on adding information about maintenance package
Garth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 11:40   #449
BHPian

Sujith Bhaktan, one of the most famous Kerala Vlogger who recently had a big showdown with PR department of MG motors over a gloster test drive report has sold his MG Hector and bought Dual Tone Top end TATA Harrier.

Just for reference, the ripples are still happening of that showdown. The most famous daily in Kerala, Manorama wrote a very bad report on Sujith supporting MG Motors(obviously media will scratch the back of manufacturers). But they did a small mistake of criticizing vloggers and YouTube reviewers along with it. That has irked the public like anything and now Sujith is getting support from everywhere. Such a silly move from MG to not let ego pass.

PS: Sujith has a youtube channels TTE(tech travel eat) which has close to 1.5 million subscribers and has been one of the most vocal MG supporter as he himself was one of the first customer of hector is Southern Kerala.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-fb_img_1606715697898.jpg  

RaghuVis is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 16:14   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
He has sold his MG Hector and bought Dual Tone Top end TATA Harrier.
I knew this was coming from him! Even his best friend & youtuber Emil too has one in the DARK variant.

Can't really blame him or support him either completely regarding the saga with MG, am confused. There are many stories circulating in social media, including paid stories ( by MG ) I guess. After all this will give Harrier some serious free publicity ( I hope ) in Kerala as he usually has the habit of speaking a lot about the things that he owns. And yes from now on he is gonna Tech,Travel & Eat in Harrier which will be watched by millions of his followers. All the very best for your new ride Sujith!

Last edited by kamilharis : 30th November 2020 at 16:44.
kamilharis is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks