Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2020, 22:29   #571

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Hi.. I will take delivery of Harrier XZA + in a day or 2 and I am buying extended warranty and I am confused about buying Gold AMC (2 years/ 30K Kms) amounting Rs. 35,804. Please guide me a soon as possible, shall I buy it or not

Awaiting eagerly for your response.
Old 27th December 2020, 23:24   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon View Post
On other things, wonder if the left knee fouling with the console has been sorted out in the Bs6?
The console design has not changed, however, its easy to find a good seating position in a short time, which, doesn't cause the knee to hit the lower dash with every pedal press.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash Kaushik View Post
Hi.. I will take delivery of Harrier XZA + in a day or 2 and I am buying extended warranty and I am confused about buying Gold AMC (2 years/ 30K Kms) amounting Rs. 35,804. Please guide me a soon as possible, shall I buy it or not
Congrats mate!
As for the AMC, I did not find much value in it, if you do the calculation based on the 15k kms oil change interval, there does not seem to be much benefit in taking the AMC package, the services till 30k kms will set you back by around 40k.
AmitRavi07 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 07:04   #573
BHPian

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Hi guys.
Asking a noob question?

The base variant harrier xe mentioned in the brochure says that it comes with the kryotec 170 bhp engine without the drive modes.
Does this mean that it is always in the sport mode setting using all the the 170 horses or do the higher variants in sport mode have more power?

And also has there been a change in the Tata service post harrier launch. How do you find the service quality nowadays?
Replies will be duly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by knrn : 28th December 2020 at 07:06.
knrn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 08:38   #574
BHPian

Quote:
There's a Youtuber who tests the BS6 Harrier- Both manual and Automatic.

He claims the Manual is faster to 100 cause it hits 100kmph in 2nd gear as compared to the Auto which hits it in 3rd gear.

His name is Faisal Khan. I like his reviews - lighthearted but very detailed and we get the drive review behind the wheel.

On other things, wonder if the left knee fouling with the console has been sorted out in the Bs6?
I am not sure if the left knee fouling with the center console is fixed now. But having an automatic, you hardly move around the left leg unlike a manual. Harrier Manual owners can share their views on this.
Old 28th December 2020, 10:37   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knrn View Post
Hi guys.
Asking a noob question?

The base variant harrier xe mentioned in the brochure says that it comes with the kryotec 170 bhp engine without the drive modes.
Does this mean that it is always in the sport mode setting using all the the 170 horses or do the higher variants in sport mode have more power?
I believe it is always in the default mode (i.e. sport mode). That is what it should be, logically.

If the brochure says that it's the Kryotec 170 engine, then it definitely doesn't product lower power than 170 bhp.

Higher variants don't produce more power.
Big Smoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 18:37   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Smoke View Post
I believe it is always in the default mode (i.e. sport mode). That is what it should be, logically.

If the brochure says that it's the Kryotec 170 engine, then it definitely doesn't product lower power than 170 bhp.

Higher variants don't produce more power.

Thanks @Big Smoke. That is what I thought. Should be so logically as you said. Hence it means that with the higher variants, the modes that you get allow you to choose a lower map( eco and city) and opt for a higher mileage.

I still have doubts as to whether there any improvements in the TASS now that they are producing high end cars.
Old 28th December 2020, 21:09   #577
BHPian

One quick question. My wife and mother were finding it a bit difficult to climb in to the cabin due to its height and I wanted to get side steps for them. After fitting them for a whopping 19k from the showroom, one of my friend pointed out that I might be sacrificing good amount of Ground Clearance in my car because of this.

Does it really matter on BS6 cars where the ground clearance is already reduced by DEF container which is the lowest point now in the car ? I saw some other forum where there were different opinions shared by the owners of Hexa. Want to know from other owners and specials who has fixed side steps on their cars for convenience.

Completed my trip to Kodai and home town with 2600 kms on odo. Thoroughly enjoyed the beast in sports mode during my return as majority of the roads are good and I started as early as 4.30 AM which rewarded me with empty roads.
Old 29th December 2020, 01:56   #578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_head View Post
one of my friend pointed out that I might be sacrificing good amount of Ground Clearance in my car because of this
Congrats on owning the most desirable car in its segment/ price-point!

I think you're over-thinking the GC part - for almost all kinds of make-your-own-roads, the Harrier will serve you sans your reckoning. And even if you did create a trail which, unlikely though, was good enough to graze the abdomen, the lowest point - the side-step - will take it - which will warn you on the limits, wouldn't it?

All I'm saying is, enjoy the ride - you got nothing to worry about
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 02:14   #579
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_head View Post
Gave it for a was in a small carwash center in my hometown. Only after couple of days I noticed the lid for DEF (ad-blue fluid container) missing.
Can you please check this link - Urea Cap? I hope it is the same one that you need?!

I know the link says part not available on Boodmo but you can try and use that part number to order it, if possible.

Last edited by a4anurag : 29th December 2020 at 02:21.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 14:06   #580
BHPian

@ a4anurag Good of you to help

Has the date of price increase for the Harrier in Jan 2021 been confirmed officially?

The showroom here and in Siliguri claim it's from the 1st of Jan itself. They don't know the amount it will be increased. But If I book now, the current rate will be applicable, regardless of when the vehicle is delivered.

Hyundai staff say the rate at the time of delivery is applicable. (I had inquired about the Creta)

I wanted to go and test drive the Automatic properly before I take a final call between the Manual and the Automatic. And the Hyundai Creta.

I really really wanted to go for the Harrier but all these posts daily here and in various Harrier Fb groups of niggles and parts malfunctioning have really made me worried.
Old 29th December 2020, 15:47   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Has the date of price increase for the Harrier in Jan 2021 been confirmed officially?

The showroom here and in Siliguri claim it's from the 1st of Jan itself. They don't know the amount it will be increased. But If I book now, the current rate will be applicable, regardless of when the vehicle is delivered.

Hyundai staff say the rate at the time of delivery is applicable. (I had inquired about the Creta)
TAMO has not updated on any price hike till now, but, looking at the past few years, they generally do so towards the 2nd week of Jan.

While the salesperson did say that they wont charge you for the extra amount at delivery, please note that the dealer would have to pay the price hike on your behalf and no dealer would want to do that. That's why always its the rate at the time of delivery that applies with the dealer and they are very clear on that front.
One thing to note is that if the dealership has already placed an order or if they have the vehicle in stock, then they would be able to bill that to you minus the price hike.
In your case, if you are booking it before 31st, get it in written from the sales manager that you won't have to pay any hike after you have agreed on the price and make sure you get a Dec 2020 manufactured vehicle, or if its a vehicle in stock, you make sure that the dealership is upfront with the information.
Personally I would suggest you to check out other dealers in your city and have a thorough test drive before you decide on the variant or the vehicle itself, the discounts that you are getting now should hold good till mid-Jan, sans the price hike, if you make sure to discuss this with the dealer.

As for the niggles, there are a few who are getting niggles with infotainment restarts, but, nothing that a future s/w update can not fix. The others niggles reported seem to be one-off cases, but, have a thorough test driver before you make a decision either way.
AmitRavi07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 16:53   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Smoke View Post
UPDATE - 3
UPDATE - 4

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_20201229_161715_hdr.jpg

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_20201229_161654_hdr.jpg

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_20201229_161704_hdr.jpg

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_20201229_155033_hdr.jpg

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_20201229_155039_hdr.jpg

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_20201229_161724_hdr.jpg

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_20201229_161730_hdr.jpg

Did the PDI today.
Odometer reading = 11 km.

Man, going to their stock-yard is a really bad ride! Narrow lanes, pot - holes as big as craters; I wonder how they got the Harrier through those roads!

Touchwood, didn't find any major problems in the car. The registration process will start next month (let's see if Friday, 1st January 2021 is possible).

Will keep posting updates.

Stay Strong.
Big Smoke is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 19:16   #583
BHPian

Social influencer Jose Covaco got his car delivered and this was his reaction:

https://twitter.com/HoeZaay/status/1343853545624227841

Love the guy. Love the car too. What's happening Tata?
creative420 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 20:01   #584
BHPian

had a 1500km ride with Tata Harrier from Bhopal to Amarkantak and back. The car gave us an untiring ride via ghat and country roads of both MP(roads were good ) and Chattisgarh (roads were really bad with huge craters). Not a single niggle popped up(Instrument & infotainment console and start/stop behaved well with no glitches at all )

Total Km : 1467.4 km

Mileage as per MID : 15.3 km/l (tankful to tankful : 13.8, mean value of 3 tankful)

Avg. speed : 53 km/hr

Riding Duration : 27:22 hrs

Days : 3

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-d4033683c5cb4df9ae817c24f9a95cee.jpeg

Last edited by greyhound82 : 29th December 2020 at 20:05.
greyhound82 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 20:28   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Congrats on owning the most desirable car in its segment/ price-point!

I think you're over-thinking the GC part - for almost all kinds of make-your-own-roads, the Harrier will serve you sans your reckoning. And even if you did create a trail which, unlikely though, was good enough to graze the abdomen, the lowest point - the side-step - will take it - which will warn you on the limits, wouldn't it?

All I'm saying is, enjoy the ride - you got nothing to worry about
Totally agree When sedans with GC as low as 155-160 can ply through bad roads, why should I bother about Harrier with few mm less than original ground clearance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks