Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2021, 11:01   #691
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmitRavi07 View Post
There is an EW booklet which contains the details of the warranty, date of purchase, etc and dealer stamp as well.
Thanks for the info. Did you get the EW booklet during the delivery process ? The sales person I dealt with claims that apart from EW invoice no other documentation is given and the details of EW would be there in CRM database - which I find hard to accept - the sales manager at the dealership also claims the same. While the experience with Tata sales person has been largely good, there are inconsistencies in the information (sometimes evasive and misleading) he gives each time I speak to him. I have not got an invoice for accessories too (step board, trunk mat) and have been chasing him and get evasive responses - not sure what is the problem. Tata dealerships have quite a bit of catch up to do with respect to customer relationship compared to their competitors - they are mostly cold, indifferent and have take it or leave it attitude. Also, the uncertain tone with which they respond when I ask any information, makes me suspect whatever they are saying; these guys have been working in the Tata dealership for years and so it is not lack of knowledge about the processes.

Last edited by pc73 : 5th February 2021 at 11:07.
Old 5th February 2021, 16:26   #692
BHPian

I am in the market for an upgrade and the Harrier is leading the race. XZA trim mostly fits my bill except for missing out on the auto dimming IRVM. I was thinking if the Harrier auto dimming IRVM setup can be retrofitted. Has anyone explored that option?
Old 5th February 2021, 16:34   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc73 View Post
Thanks for the info. Did you get the EW booklet during the delivery process ?
I had asked for EW at the time of delivery, the salesperson told me (after a brief consultation with someone) that it can be only be obtained from SVC and I can get the same during my first service. I bought is from the svc as he suggested. Weird rule, but, I thought it might be specific to this particular dealership.
Do talk to the SA and ask them on the EW booklet, you can verify the same from TMSC app, download it and check if it shows your EW details.

Last edited by AmitRavi07 : 5th February 2021 at 16:35. Reason: Added info
AmitRavi07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 18:39   #694

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.
====
Will update the launch timeframe of these features on the Harrier as and when I get some concrete info
Hi All, I have recently booked XZA+ Red DT. From what I hear from my sources, the 2021 manufactured Harrier will have a provision in the infotainment to upgrade to connected car tech 'iRA' in the future (as and when they decide to update it). It seems the same thing happened to earlier lots where Apple car play was not present but a dealer level update gave the same. Hope we get the connected car update later this year. TIA
Carrick-16 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 08:57   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc73 View Post
I just got a tax invoice on Tata Motors letter head (soft copy via email from dealer). Is this the only document for extended warranty (sales person claims so) ? It does not mention the terms of warranty (inclusions/exclusions) - just an invoice for amount paid and mention of 3 year EW (no mention of unlimited miles which was advertised during purchase). When I bought my previous car (VW), I got a EW booklet with details of terms and conditions of EW.
After seeing this comment, I checked with my service advisor who had given only a receipt for the payment for EW. He said that there is no other document for EW and shared a screenshot of my vehicles EW status on their Tata Data management system with all details such as EW policy number, start and end date, vehicle number and so on. So I think its fine.
rsanthosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 09:24   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsanthosh View Post
So I think its fine.
Same here . Only tax invoice and cross checked in the CRM and made sure it is updated
greyhound82 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 09:35   #697
BHPian

You can find extended warranty information on TMSC app. Attaching screenshot for reference. 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-screenshot_20210206092654202_com.ttl.customersocialapp.jpg
I recommend you to use TMSC app. It is really useful while booking service. You can also mention the issues you have noticed. You will also get option to give feedback with respect to service.
K_Drive is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 10:26   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Drive View Post
You can find extended warranty information on TMSC app.
Yes, I installed TSMC app after reading about it in this forum (was not told about this app by the dealer during delivery - another miss!). I see the extended warranty details. While EW is advertised as 3 years, unlimited KMS the app actually shows EW end kms as 250K Kms - while practically it as good as unlimited, technically they can't call it unlimited! My point is that since EW is like an insurance policy, there needs to be some document enlisting the terms and inclusions/exclusions and as seen from other posts, some folks have received the EW booklet.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_e0789.jpg  

pc73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 14:45   #699
BHPian

Finally booked the Harrier XZA+ dual tone today and the expected delivery time frame is within 30 days, maybe I will get it sooner as the production has been resumed after some chip shortage.

The booking is for Red, as it was the choice of my family, but I am inclined towards white as it will be easy to maintain, good resale compared to red plus will look smashing with the black roof. I am still confused
Venku2015 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 15:17   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venku2015 View Post
Finally booked the Harrier XZA+ dual tone today and the expected delivery time frame is within 30 days, maybe I will get it sooner as the production has been resumed after some chip shortage.

The booking is for Red, as it was the choice of my family, but I am inclined towards white as it will be easy to maintain, good resale compared to red plus will look smashing with the black roof. I am still confused
Congratulations Venku2015!

I've booked a Harrier XZA+ dual tone on 5th February too. It is going to be a Orcus White with the black roof - primary reason being - just as you explained easier to maintain than Red.

I live in a rural area with very dusty roads. Hence booked the first white colored car in our household.

One thing is for sure, Harrier is a looker in all the shades. I so wanted the Sparkle Cocoa shade which was discontinued.
The Riddler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 12:32   #701

For those getting confused regarding the colour choice for the Harrier (as it offers many great ones) I'll share my perceptions as they evolved over 4 years (from the glossy Calisto Copper of of the H5X concept to the rugged Camo Green of the 2020 BS6 but first a quick disclaimer:

The opinions expressed underneath are personal & in no way I imply the're universal, with no offence granted/taken to/from current & prospective owners.

Imo Colours impart a unique character to the overall look of a car, the way our apparel implies a superficial perception unto our personality

We are able to appreciate the looks & subtleties of a colour (as per our taste) only by comparing it to other shades & if everyone bought a single "best" colour, it would be the most depressing colour of all time. So, variety is spice of life.

The best way to figure out the best colour for oneself is to always see the car in person (true especially w.r.t the Harrier). Pictures & videos can be a bit misleading sometimes, as we often say about our sefies or not being able to replicate the actual beauty of a landscape infront of our eyes in our photos. But it is not always possible due to various reasons (unavailability of the colour at the dealer etc) & t/f I'm directly listing here my perceptions.

Cars actually seen in person: Calisto Copper, Orcus White, Ariel Silver, Telesto Grey, Atlas Black (Dark Edition), White/Black DT, Red/Black DT
Cars not seen (in person): Thermisto Gold, Red Single Tone, Camo Green

Now coming back to the Harrier, I genuinely feel almost all the colours offered look great on the Harrier (it's such an accomodating design) but I'll just mention the top 3 which probably would be in most people's shortlist (of the one's which I've actually seen in person):

1. Red/Black (DT):
> Imparts an Edgy/Sporty character with a distinct flair & vibrance.
> The diamond cut alloys (+ trims) probably look the best on this schema, as both red & black offer a deeper contrast to the metallic alloys as compared to, say a White/Black DT
> Trendy: i.e. the contemporary trend of the popular paints schemas of the period will influence how you perceive the colour. So not exactly ageless.
> Looks a bit better in pictures than in person.
> 2nd best imo overall.

2. White/Black (DT):
> Regality of White with sophistication of Black i.e. Timeless Sophistication.
> Imparts an European(esque) feel to the overall look of the car.
> Illusion of a significantly enhanced presence compared to, say, a Dark Edition.
> The marriage of white, black & tan (interiors) is the only instance of elusive threesome of fantasies that I know of.
> The grey alloys in the lower trims gel well with the White/Black DT as compared to, say, the Red/Black DT.
> Advantages of White from maintenance viewpoint.
> Looks the 'worst' in pictures but the best in person.
> The best looking paint schema imo.

3. Atlas Black (Dark Edition):
> The most fantasized colour – the Alien (Venom), the Mutant, the Gansta
> Looks the indisputable best in pictures & videos (& hence all the romanticizing). No one even comes close (save for, maybe, the Red/Black DT)
> But looks a bit underwhelming in person, vis-a-vis the White/Black DT especially if both have collected some dust.
> Maintenance nightmare – dust magnet, scratch revealer, dent flaunter. Looks faded & old easily, if not kept dust free.
> Dark interiors do not feel as airy & "premium" (as all the others with tan interiors) with an illusion of lesser than available space
> Dual tone Metallic alloys, offered on others might have looked more elegant than the All black (single tone) Diamond cut alloys on Dark Edition. Also, the Grey rims from the 2nd top trim onwards look slightly incompatible with the deep glossy black of the rest of the body.
> Expensive by (25 + 5) = 30K

Now, finally, the next step: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post4986366 (Xpel Paint Protection Film on my Jeep Compass)
Predator_ONE is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 20:07   #702
BHPian

A question on the HU of music system (XZA+ variant): I have a 128 GB USB drive with all my music files dumped in it. I was using the drive with 2012 Vento stock HU without issues. In Harrier, the HU doesn't seem to read/enlist all the folders on the USB drive. The folders on the USB drive are arranged in 3 levels: genre - artist - album and the drive has ~900 folders and ~9000 files. Harrier HU seems to index/list ~500 folders in folder view - seems there is a limit on number of folders it can index. Anyone else using high capacity USB drive ?
Old 12th February 2021, 12:18   #703

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.

Just confirmed from my sources that Tata is most likely holding off from giving the connected car features in the Harrier for the time being.
======
Will update the launch timeframe of these features on the Harrier as and when I get some concrete info
Thanks for the update Ram, its indeed a very sad that Tata motors is taking customers for granted. I see there will be no engineering challenge to implement these new features into the Harrier but still they opted to wait whereas other players update their cars at the every opportunity that they get. I guess the marketing people want potential customers of Harrier to check out Safari by seeing these additional advantages. They can do this till March/April till the XUV500 comes in where at that point they will lose the Harrier sale as well
jkocherry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 21:23   #704
BHPian

Need some advice from Harrier owners, folks.

I need a vehicle for the hills, one that can go over broken roads/ no roads, is comfortable for the front as well as passenger seat travellers (I won't be driving much myself), does well on the highway and has street presence.

Basis that, and basis my budget, I quickly identified and discarded the Innova (dead comfortable, but too low to traverse the broken terrain I'll be going through) and Mahindra Scorpio (back seat body roll was terrible, and I ended with a bad back).

I took a ride in the top of the line Harrier Automatic version and was blown away by the power, comfort, street presence and ride quality.

It looks like the Harrier for now. My questions are (apologies they're very basic):

1. The Harrier version that was launched in 2020- was it only the automatic? In other words, are the current manual variants on the market all dating back to 2019?

Thus: the 2020 Harrier range is the XMA Auto, the XZA Auto and the XZA Plus Autos?

2. If the above is correct, does it mean that as of now- the manual (2019) version still has the niggles/ issues that were referred to in the Team BHP review?

3. I loved the Auto, but since I will mostly not drive myself, would the manual be a better choice?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12th February 2021, 21:55   #705
BHPian

I might be able to answer some of your queries. I own a September 2020 manual Harrier (XM) and have completed >5000 km on thus far. The 2020 variant includes updates from the initial batches and I believe is an update version of the variant launched in 2019. As per my service advisor, TATA has worked on the niggles reported from the initial batch vehicles.

Have been closely following up on the niggles reported on the thread and touchwood, haven't encountered any of those in my vehicle. It has been a trouble free ownership thus far.

My use case is primarily of highway travel (including rough country roads) and I had a preference of manual transmission, however the Auto version is also earning a lot of praises. I would advise you to take a long test drive of the manual as well, you wont be disappointed. Especially on highway drives, the Sports mode is bound to make addictive of the grunt and accelaration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
Need some advice from Harrier owners, folks.

1. The Harrier version that was launched in 2020- was it only the automatic? In other words, are the current manual variants on the market all dating back to 2019?

Thus: the 2020 Harrier range is the XMA Auto, the XZA Auto and the XZA Plus Autos?

2. If the above is correct, does it mean that as of now- the manual (2019) version still has the niggles/ issues that were referred to in the Team BHP review?

3. I loved the Auto, but since I will mostly not drive myself, would the manual be a better choice?

Thanks in advance.
amikacin is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks