Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2021, 11:38   #811

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
Can you please let me know which USB port you had connected ?

In my Harrier it is the one in dashboard and the newest models I heard its under the armrest storage
Thanks for the reply

In my car I tried the one below the MID and nothing happened and when i tried the one under the arm rest it is identifying Connectnext but nothing happening after that. Have asked my SA for help.

I understand that there is no app to be downloaded for this
alextekno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 14:40   #812

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLurkerForLong View Post
You probably know this, but adding for general awareness. The cables can be charge-only or data cable. You need data cable for Carplay to work properly. Here is a quick guide to check cable type.

https://www.dignited.com/50330/usb-d...harging-cable/
Thanks a lot. It was the cable. It is working ok now

Much appreciated
alextekno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 17:26   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
In my Harrier it is the one in dashboard and the newest models I heard its under the armrest storage
Mine is Jan 2021. The USB port for Carplay is the one below the dashboard. The ones in the armrest box are only for charging. Has something changed recently ? I wish there were two ports connected to Infotainment system - one for Carplay and another to play music from USB stick (one of my grouses with Harrier Infotainment system)!
Old 3rd April 2021, 22:07   #814

This is my 1st post and let me start with thanking all the contributors. TeamBHP has helped me through many a dull evening

I currently own a 2014 Skoda Rapid 1.4 Petrol and am giving some serious thought on buying the Harrier AT (there's another competitor but that's for some other post). Stability, Safety have always been my key priorities over everything else. While Harrier ticks all the right boxes, i am somewhat scared with the reports of a sensitive steering at high speeds. This is something i cannot test out in a TD vehicle.

Can anyone tell me how bad is it really at 120+ speeds?

For context, i feel that the Rapid steering is super stable at high speeds. On the other hand, i had driven a Verna long back and i remember giving back the driver seat to my friend after driving for 20-30km at high speeds. I was literally scared because of the ultra-light steering.

Thanks in advance !
Old 3rd April 2021, 23:56   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenglurianBHP View Post
This is my 1st post and let me start with thanking all the contributors. TeamBHP has helped me .
Can anyone tell me how bad is it really at 120
Thanks in advance !
I had driven close to 14k kms and didn’t feel dead or over sensitive at 120 . Sensitivity is relative and it is not in the league of Punto but it’s well weighted

You can discuss this with your sales advisor and try do a test drive in highway and check the steering feedback atleast at speeds near to 100
greyhound82 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 14:03   #816
BHPian

Got my SOUL membership welcome kit today. Contains a bag tag, SOUL badge and welcome letter. Quite a nice touch. Thanks Tata.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-20210403_14081401.jpeg  

AG-D is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 20:34   #817
BHPian

The odometer of my Harrier XZA+ now stands at 1500kms. Just came back from a 1000kms road trip from Badami.

Super happy with the TC automatic gearbox. Glad I chose it over the manual. This vehicle turns heads even though the design is now about 2.5 years in production.

Planning to visit TASS soon for the 2 months/1000-2000kms service soon. Fingers crossed
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-thumbnail_20210327_185237.jpg  

The Riddler is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 19:09   #818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG-D View Post
Got my SOUL membership welcome kit today. Contains a bag tag, SOUL badge and welcome letter. Quite a nice touch. Thanks Tata.
Did you have to do anything to get this membership ? SA passingly mentioned about this during delivery, but I did not bother to follow up. How long did this take after you got your car ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenglurianBHP View Post
I currently own a 2014 Skoda Rapid 1.4 Petrol and am giving some serious thought on buying the Harrier AT (there's another competitor but that's for some other post).

Can anyone tell me how bad is it really at 120+ speeds?
Having moved to Harrier after driving Vento TDI for over 100K Kms, I can say that the steering does feel lighter and a bit too sensitive compared to Vento, but it is not a serious issue - you will get used to it quite fast (no pun!); just be a bit cautious at high speeds till you get used to it, especially while changing lanes.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 6th April 2021 at 22:52. Reason: Merged back to back posts
pc73 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 19:22   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc73 View Post
Did you have to do anything to get this membership ? SA passingly mentioned about this during delivery, but I did not bother to follow up. How long did this take after you got your car ?
You have to mail : soul@tatamotors.com with
Mobile Number , Chassis Number and Reg Number. You will get the welcome pack within a week

Last edited by greyhound82 : 6th April 2021 at 19:39.
greyhound82 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 19:34   #820
BHPian

Hi all,

I am planning to buy a car at the 18 - 23 lacs budget (on road) and seriously considering the Harrier XZA. Harrier was not in the shortlisted cars, but soon cropped in and I am almost sold. I need my new car to be reliable and hence wanted a torque converter automatic. This filter left me with the below options, hear me out please.

1. Creta - I know it is a great car and sells in large numbers. For some reason, I can't digest the way it looks. It looks hideous to me and can't imagine this car being in my garage and having to see it everyday! Also, I could not get my hands on a diesel AT car yet! No dealer here (Kochi, Kerala) seems to be interested. One dealer actually told me that they sold their test drive car to a customer.

2. Seltos (6AT)- Looks great to my eyes. Well built too. Took a test drive of the Diesel automatic and was impressed with the quality and refinement levels. One thing which immediately struck me is the firm suspension. I found that it bothered me quite a bit and this was a deal breaker, especially with my family members having a weak back.

3. Verna (6AT) - Even though out of place, I decided to test drive the Verna and save some bucks . The car did not feel as premium as the asking price (18+ lacs on road). I found the AT to be tuned quite unimpressively (may be for economy) and lacked the wow factor inside. This may be since I am used to my dad's VW Vento TSI.

3. Harrier - In comes the Harrier. A bigger, powerful car which demands a slight premium over the others. I was (still I'm) not so happy with the quality of switchgear used (the volume knobs, the wiper/ headlight stalks etc.). But the overall found to be a good package. The ride quality was also reasonably well balanced (not too firm, but not soft). The screens are a huge downgrade from the Seltos, but I feel that the screen, infotainment are secondary and the primary aspect is the engine, gearbox and suspension. I am almost sold, and I would not want to wait for the XUV500, the top of the line of which already costs around 24 L (due to personal constraints, I am capping my budget at 23L)

Wanted to hear your thoughts. What do you think? Am I missing out an option or not considering some aspects of Harrier.

Note - I currently own a Fido 1.5 TDCi manual. However, due to the convenience of an AT, I generally drive my dad's VW Vento TSI. Also, this is my very 1st post in Team-BHP. Pardon/ guide me in case I'm not doing something right.
Old 6th April 2021, 20:16   #821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotanF1driver View Post
Hi all,

I am planning to buy a car at the 18 - 23 lacs budget (on road) and seriously considering the Harrier XZA. Harrier was not in the shortlisted cars, but soon cropped in and I am almost sold. I need my new car to be reliable and hence wanted a torque converter automatic. This filter left me with the below options, hear me out please.
Hello NotanF1driver,

Welcome to Team-BHP!

Recently purchased a Harrier XZA+ (upgraded from a Punto 90HP) and here are my thoughts. I test drove the Harrier and fell in love with the presence and the AT gearbox. Creta/Seltos are definitely a segment lower when you compare the power figures and the space it offers.

I still cannot digest the looks of the New Creta. Though you cannot go wrong with either the Seltos/Creta twins.

With regards to the volume knobs, the wiper/ headlight stalks etc. of the Harrier; I found them to be okay. Not great but not bad either. The engine, gearbox and suspension package of this car is hard to resist.

I was very apprehensive about the screen as I had checked out the Seltos, but to be honest, its not a deal breaker. I use Android Auto extensively and haven't faced any glitches or issue with the screen size. It is perfectly legible for navigation. I wish the touch was a little more intuitive but its alright.

Hope I've answered some of your queries and not confused you further.

Happy car hunting!

Last edited by Aditya : 7th April 2021 at 07:18. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
The Riddler is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 21:55   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotanF1driver View Post
Hi all,

Wanted to hear your thoughts. What do you think? Am I missing out an option or not considering some aspects of Harrier.
I upgraded from Punto and Figo 1.5 TDCI to Harrier. I had cancelled by Seltos 1.4 DCT booking and went with Harrier . Following are the advantages I saw in Harrier

1. Build Quality : Seltos is a more finished product but delicate. Harrier felt more like a tank build for Indian roads (both urban and village roads, especially during those monsoon days )

2. Engine and Gearbox combo : Torquey and Powerful Engine along with that 6 speed well mated gearbox from Hyundai ( I found Seltos Engines to be more refined )

3. Ride Quality

4. Safety features ( 14 ESP modes)

5. Looks

6. LR-D8 platfrom

In other words : Me and wife found our all India Tourer in Tata Harrier

Last edited by greyhound82 : 6th April 2021 at 21:58.
greyhound82 is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 00:05   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc73 View Post
One additional benefit of SOUL membership is a 7% discount on parts. I availed it during my third service and the cost came just below 8k.
AmitRavi07 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 12:18   #824
BHPian

Hello everyone.

I have a December 2020 manufactured Harrier XZA+.
My car has been pulling towards the left. Initially I did not notice it. But after a 330 km drive, my driver mentioned that the car is pulling towards the left and needs wheel alignment.

I then took out the car to test it, and it indeed is pulling towards the left. It is a bit shocking to me. Is this kind of behaviour natural in a brand new car?
Has any other owner faced the same issue? If yes, then is it indeed an improper wheel alignment issue or some other issue?

I want to have some feedback from other BHPians before I take the car for wheel alignment.
If it's not a case of improper wheel alignment, then it's useless to waste the money and time for aligning the wheels.

My car has completed approximately 2500 km as of date.
Old 7th April 2021, 13:25   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
Hello NotanF1driver,

Welcome to Team-BHP!

Recently purchased a Harrier XZA+ (upgraded from a Punto 90HP) and here are my thoughts. I test drove the Harrier and fell in love with the presence and the AT gearbox. Creta/Seltos are definitely a segment lower when you compare the power figures and the space it offers.

I still cannot digest the looks of the New Creta. Though you cannot go wrong with either the Seltos/Creta twins.

With regards to the volume knobs, the wiper/ headlight stalks etc. of the Harrier; I found them to be okay. Not great but not bad either. The engine, gearbox and suspension package of this car is hard to resist.

I was very apprehensive about the screen as I had checked out the Seltos, but to be honest, its not a deal breaker. I use Android Auto extensively and haven't faced any glitches or issue with the screen size. It is perfectly legible for navigation. I wish the touch was a little more intuitive but its alright.

Hope I've answered some of your queries and not confused you further.

Happy car hunting!
Thank you, The Riddler. I can't agree more to the fact that the engine, gearbox and suspension package is fantastic in the Harrier. Ultimately, we are not buying a car for the ICE, and I don't bother if the ICE is not having a great responsive screen (It would be a concern if I were buying a phone!).
NotanF1driver is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed