Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2020, 05:42   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Somehow this camo colour didnt work for me, makes the sleek and stylish Harrier look like a jungle jeep, which it isn’t.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 3rd November 2020 at 05:44.
Old 3rd November 2020, 06:13   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraizer View Post
Any thoughts on this gentlemen?
Mine is an September delivered car with 7400 on Odo . My HU software version is 14.5 . In my case Apple CarPlay worked flawlessly so far . Only glitch that happened 4-5 times: the google map got stuck after IOS update to 14.0.1.
Touch sensitivity is good and didn’t felt any lags
Again my use of HU is very limited to CarPlay usage
greyhound82 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 08:55   #363
BHPian

Quote:
The one big sore point was the HU. The audio is pretty good but the interface and the touch was lousy and lazy. I connected my iPhone and to my dismay, the system was extremely laggy and the CarPlay resolution was torrid.
Any thoughts on this gentlemen?
sorry for back to back post. uploading a video of the HUD for more clarity and the software version is 14.05 not 14.5

@mods kindly merge the posts
greyhound82 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 09:55   #364
BHPian

Quote:
The one big sore point was the HU. The audio is pretty good but the interface and the touch was lousy and lazy. I connected my iPhone and to my dismay, the system was extremely laggy and the CarPlay resolution was torrid.

Often the volume level would come up on the screen after almost 1 sec of delay. The rotary scroll is laggy as hell.
I have October manufactured Harrier, and as of now (driven ~ 600 Km), I never felt a lag in volume level display on the screen (or rotary scroll) nor a restarting of the infotainment unit. I am using android auto and does not find any problem in the resolution of google map. However, its response slowed down once I tried to play a song from my phone along with navigation through android auto.
KSingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 15:22   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
Mine is an September delivered car with 7400 on Odo . My HU software version is 14.5 . In my case Apple CarPlay worked flawlessly so far . Only glitch that happened 4-5 times: the google map got stuck after IOS update to 14.0.1.
Touch sensitivity is good and didn’t felt any lags
Again my use of HU is very limited to CarPlay usage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSingh View Post
I have October manufactured Harrier, and as of now (driven ~ 600 Km), I never felt a lag in volume level display on the screen (or rotary scroll) nor a restarting of the infotainment unit. I am using android auto and does not find any problem in the resolution of google map. However, its response slowed down once I tried to play a song from my phone along with navigation through android auto.
I asked the SA to check the SW version on the HU and he did share it with me; its on the older version 12.20. I advised him to update the SW to the latest one at the service center. I don't know why they can't take care of this themselves especially when they know that customers get to experience an older buggy version and it can be a make-or-break decision for many. I guess, the reason why the CarPlay does not support full wide screen ala Seltos/Creta is probably due to the mismatch in resolution supported by Apple. This is definitely a sore miss. I am quite sure that this will be fixed in the next version of the HU. Should we wait is the question?
Just to re-emphasize this point, I had a 2013 model Ford Freestyle which had the Sync-3 system which worked so brilliantly and the overall HU experience was such a breeze.

Thanks to greyhound82 and KSingh for your prompt response. Appreciate that. Considering that the experience is markedly better in the newer versions, it's definitely not a deal-breaker anymore.
hellraizer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 15:30   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
• 205 mm of ground clearance + terrain response system. Latter will make monsoon driving safer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SahilS View Post
I would like to point out one thing. Ground clearance in BS6 Harrier is reduced by 23 mm due to addition of DEF tank. Laden GC has gone down from 176 mm to 153 mm. So unladen GC would have gone down by 23 mm too(182 mm now from previous 205 mm)
page from 2019 Harrier vs 2020 Harrier user manual:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
IIRC the Harrier's ground clearance has reduced after the addition of the DEF tank. If the review could have included some bits on that it would have been helpful to prospective buyers.
Dear friends,
Previous posts reported the ground clearance of Harrier 2020 and the reduction in it's value due to the DEF tank's addition relative to previous-gen Harrier. However, on seeing the Harrier under-body, I observed the protruding plastic cover right in the middle of the front tires (highlighted in the image).

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-1604285640232.jpg

Whether this protrusion would not lead to a further reduction in effective ground clearance, or whatever numbers are reported considers this also?

Does anybody know about the component behind this extra protruding under-body cover?

It may be a point of concern if the stones/obstacles on the road lie exactly in the middle of the two tires as there may be a possibility of damage to the under-body cover and the component behind it.

Last edited by KSingh : 3rd November 2020 at 15:34.
KSingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 14:24   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Does anybody know about the component behind this extra protruding under-body cover?

Is this the Auto version? This may be AT gearbox.
Old 4th November 2020, 14:28   #368
BHPian

Quote:
However, on seeing the Harrier under-body, I observed the protruding plastic cover right in the middle of the front tires
Whether this protrusion would not lead to a further reduction in effective ground clearance, or whatever numbers are reported considers this also?

AFAIK this was one of the changes made to later batches of Harriers in 2019. My car has the same, but, the shapes more rounded, than what is shown in the pic.
AmitRavi07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 15:22   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prateek19 View Post
Yes, it is automatic version. If it is related to automatic gearbox, then automatic Harrier owners need to be more careful while driving on rough roads.
Old 4th November 2020, 15:27   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prateek19 View Post
Quote:
Yes, it is automatic version. If it is related to automatic gearbox, then automatic Harrier owners need to be more careful while driving on rough roads.
Remember the Harrier is a FWD. There's no business for gearbox components in the rear axle.
Old 4th November 2020, 15:32   #371
BHPian

Quote:
I observed the protruding plastic cover right in the middle of the front tires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
Remember the Harrier is a FWD. There's no business for gearbox components in the rear axle.
This protrusion is near front axle as mentioned in my earlier post.
Old 4th November 2020, 15:39   #372
BHPian

Quote:

It may be a point of concern if the stones/obstacles on the road lie exactly in the middle of the two tires as there may be a possibility of damage to the under-body cover and the component behind it.
It does seem odd. Also, an automatic transmission component should also not be jutting out like this! But again this was missing in the 2019 version of the Harrier.

Why don't you ask the service center guys or send a picture over Whatsapp to your sales executive? He/she should be able to tell you what exactly this is.

Do let us know!
Old 4th November 2020, 16:25   #373
BHPian

Quote:
This protrusion is near front axle as mentioned in my earlier post.
Aah. Sorry . Missed that out!
Old 5th November 2020, 08:15   #374
BHPian

Harrier records sales of 2398 units in October 2020

Source:
https://www.rushlane.com/tata-harrie...-12382066.html
rags.singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 20:11   #375
BHPian

Got delivery of my mini-truck today Now need to decide how to accessorize etc. Most important and urgent are the floor mats and sun-film. Other stuff like TPMS can be done over time. Don't think I'll go for any coating etc as whatever I can understand by reading the threads on TBHP, the opinion seems to be divided.

Noticed 2 issues while taking delivery which the dealer has committed to resolve at the time of first service (have taken it in writing)-
- Minor paint scratch marks on the front RHS fender/bumper. These were not there during the pre-registration PDI. Dealer said that polishing will take care of this.
- Rear side lock doesn't work sometimes (when you push back the folded seat into the upright position). Unfortunately hadn't checked this during PDI but there should be an easy fix to this and dealer has committed to get this fixed during first service center visit.

Will keep folks here updated with ownership experience.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-pic-1.jpeg  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-pic-2.jpeg  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-pic-3.jpeg  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-pic-4.jpeg  

rags.singh is offline   (24) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks