Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2023, 21:27   #1666
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaG View Post
Hello folks!

Recently my harrier XZA was serviced by TASS in Pune. This was a paid service at 30k kms on the odo. Total bill was ~27000 Rs incl taxes, which I felt was very expensive. Experts can pl help me if the right amount is charged and works done.

This is on the higher side i feel - mine was ~16000 just 6 months back. Did not get the balancing and alignment though.

Review the work order when you drop the vehicle and instruct them not to add anything without an approval. Just follow the maintenance table in the manual.

You should report the incident if the low oil was confirmed.

Last edited by maddyg : 14th February 2023 at 21:30.
maddyg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 22:06   #1667
BHPian

Quote:
... I simply asked him to check oil level and to my horror, the oil level is tremendously low.

With this incident, what would the forum suggest?
The absolute first thing the SA should've told you is to check the oil level! This is exceptional negligence on his part as a service technician. Do you have a record of the conversation??

Before you switch ON the car again, fill the required amount of oil, and record the deficit !

Mail this to Tata Motors asking them to investigate why so much oil got consumed/leaked. You may need to keep an eye on the engine oil level over the next few weeks/months. If the oil level is dropping significantly, its likely your engines' got slightly damaged (if it's excessive, AFAIK piston rings might be shot).

Also immediately check if there's blow-by : pull out the oil dipstick and check for oil droplets spurting out.

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 14th February 2023 at 22:07.
WorkingGuru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 00:05   #1668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello folks!

Recently my harrier XZA was serviced by TASS in Pune. This was a paid service at 30k kms on the odo. Total bill was ~27000 Rs incl taxes, which I felt was very expensive. Experts can pl help me if the right amount is charged and works done.

Now, the main point. After driving about 800kms after the service, the oil warning started to blink and hence I shared a short video with the service adviser over whatsapp to which he replies that it’s a service reminder and asks me not to worry and keep driving. At that instance, I was okay with it however even after 2 days the warning kept blinking.
Hence, I called the service center for a complaint and they sent a technician home with their OBD device. He comes and tries ti troubleshoot unsuccessfully. I simply asked him to check oil level and to my horror, the oil level is tremendously low.

With this incident, what would the forum suggest?
Item 13 is named "major service, every 90k kms". That itself is enough to prove you have been scammed. Now getting a refund though might as well be impossible but you could try mailing Tata and politely making a fuss.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 00:45   #1669
MaG
BHPian

Thanks! Any email id of tata motors wherein I can try to take this up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Item 13 is named "major service, every 90k kms". That itself is enough to prove you have been scammed. Now getting a refund though might as well be impossible but you could try mailing Tata and politely making a fuss.
Old 24th February 2023, 10:32   #1670
MaG
BHPian

Thanks so much for pointing that out. I’ve taken it up with Tata. I wanted to know if there are any more unnecessary items which have been put? Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Old 3rd March 2023, 17:26   #1671

Hello All

I travelled to Mysuru this week, which is our usual routine to my home town from Bengaluru. Wanted to try the fuel efficiency of my Harrier, final mileage number was 22.4 KM/L for approximately 144KMs travelled. Very impressive numbers for a large vehicle, this was with 2 passengers with moderate luggage in the boot and cruise control set at 100 for most of the distance along with AC on. Sharing photo of the MID, at one point it was around 27KM/L but dropped gradually with increase in traffic.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230302-13.04.09.jpeg  

Bipin is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 13:53   #1672
BHPian

Hello Team-Bhpians,

I’m in need of some suggestions.

Actually my Harrier XZA+ 2022 suddenly on Friday morning was not going past 1600 rpm. No matter what, even if the car is in neutral. All I did was reconnect the battery the previous night after which I faced the problem.Initially when I faced the problem the Check Engine Light popped for a few seconds and went off and hasn’t popped back up ever since while car is running.

When I put it in Drive the car crawls and no matter how deep I push the accelerator pedal there is no acceleration past 20-25kmph and rpm doesn’t push above 1600rpm.

There are no other signs of any issue…except for this when I drive.

Have given the car to Tata Service center and they are scratching their heads unable to diagnose the issue.Even they’re OBD tool showed only 4 DTC issues that too memorised.They checked the fuel lining but couldn’t find issues with it, they did check the brake switch but that was also fine. However upon some research I have come to know that the fault may be with the Brake Switch Relay as well which I don’t think they have checked.I have informed them the same.

This problem is completely new for the Service Center.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Hoping to get my car fixed asap.

Cheers,
bil.007
bil.007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 10:48   #1673
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipin View Post
Hello All

Wanted to try the fuel efficiency of my Harrier, final mileage number was 22.4 KM/L for approximately 144KMs travelled.

Sharing photo of the MID, at one point it was around 27KM/L but dropped gradually with increase in traffic.
Wow. The mileage is in Honda City I-DTEC territory!!

Please do a full tank-to-full tank fill and check the actual mileage.
MAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 14:18   #1674
BHPian

This weekend I was returning from my hometown in Kerala to Bangalore. Some ~35 kms from Salem, my left rear tyre burst. I was extremely fortunate to have walked out with no damages to the car (apart from the blown tyre) and the body. The day before the journey I had checked the tyres and the air pressure was fine. There were no visible damages either. I had taken a 20 min break about an hour before this incident happened. Maybe I might have run over a nail or something sharp on the highway. Dont know the reason yet.

This incident has spooked me though and I am seriously considering getting a TPMS. I am inclined towards a Sensairy, but if anyone here is using some other brands or has any other suggestions, please feel free to share your thoughts. I can do with some help.
Garth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 15:24   #1675
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
This incident has spooked me though and I am seriously considering getting a TPMS. I am inclined towards a Sensairy, but if anyone here is using some other brands or has any other suggestions, please feel free to share your thoughts. I can do with some help.
Sometimes a tear \ deep scratch on the surface from something sharp can lead to such failure later on when you are driving elsewhere, I do not think TPMS is a solution as such but a portable air pump to check and maintain correct air pressure at home would help, do it regularly every 2-3 weeks once and you should be alright.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 15:54   #1676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Sometimes a tear \ deep scratch on the surface from something sharp can lead to such failure later on when you are driving elsewhere, I do not think TPMS is a solution as such but a portable air pump to check and maintain correct air pressure at home would help, do it regularly every 2-3 weeks once and you should be alright.
I was thinking that with a TPMS I can know in case there are variations in the tyre pressure. Also can monitor tyre temperatures.
Old 13th March 2023, 22:07   #1677
BHPian

Recently had the third and final free service. It was a pretty smooth experience. I didn't have any problems to report. The entertainment system software was updated to the latest and the routine oil and filter changes were done. The bill was about 11k. The beast is running just fine, smooth, trouble free, mile cruncher.
ambujlal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 16:23   #1678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bil.007 View Post

Actually my Harrier XZA+ 2022 suddenly on Friday morning was not going past 1600 rpm. No matter what, even if the car is in neutral. All I did was reconnect the battery the previous night after which I faced the problem.Initially when I faced the problem the Check Engine Light popped for a few seconds and went off and hasn’t popped back up ever since while car is running.
I guess you totally forgot to mention about your ECU remap fiasco that had caused this. Linking it here for other readers of the forum.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...a-harrier.html (Terrible experience tuning my Tata Harrier.)

Last edited by Turbanator : 16th March 2023 at 08:37. Reason: Please quote only relevant portion while replying, Thanks.
ishan12 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 18:21   #1679
BHPian

Quote:
Hello folks!

Recently my harrier XZA was serviced by TASS in Pune. This was a paid service at 30k kms on the odo. Total bill was ~27000 Rs incl taxes, which I felt was very expensive.
27k is unnecessarily high. The service cost , plus oil change, plus brake oil change usually costs. 15-16k.
Lets say your pads have actually worn out. Add another 5-6k for that. Rest 7k is just B@ll$hit in the name of cavity cleaning and what not. If you haven’t explicitly asked or confirmed for such cleaning or coating then escalate to Tata.
BlackMambaXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 18:24   #1680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bil.007 View Post
Hello Team-Bhpians,

Actually my Harrier XZA+ 2022 suddenly on Friday morning was not going past 1600 rpm.
Does look like the brake switch issue. You can simulate this by trying to press the brake with left foot(under controlled circumstances as left foot braking is dangerous) and try to press accelerator by right foot. The car will cut the power if it detects the brake to be pressed.
If the car is getting a reading from sensor which says brake is engaged, it won’t accelerate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks