Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2021, 08:02   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
Initial offer for Swift was 160000 INR + 15000 INR exchange bonus. Increased it to 175000 INR after more discussions. So 15000 INR extra for exchange

The default set of accessories provided is:
- Mat Designer S-cross Minor: INR 1990
- Mud Flap Set: INR 532
- Door Sill Guard LED S-cross Minor: INR 3590

Hi there. Congratulations on your new purchase. Even I have this car in my wish list. Do narrate and tell us about your experience pre-post delivery and your impressions about the car. Will be looking for ward to it. Thanks and many congratulations again

Last edited by ampere : 15th March 2021 at 08:13. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 13th March 2021, 16:30   #152
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Congrats on booking the SCross. Hope you get it soon.
It surely is one of the best cars in the Suzuki stable.

What year/model/fuel Swift is this ? KA registered, I guess.
Swift is March 2007 registered. KA registration. Single Owner. Has run 52000 km only. Mint condition
Old 14th March 2021, 02:42   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knrn View Post
Hi there. Congratulations on your new purchase. Even I have this car in my wish list. Do narrate and tell us about your experience pre-post delivery and your impressions about the car. Will be looking for ward to it. Thanks and many congratulations again
The delivery date of the car is not known. I think S-cross is very good value for money

The 1.5 Petrol Engine of the S-cross is a 4-cylinder one. People praise the 1.2 petrol engine as the best in the category. So the 1.5 has to be better for sure than the 1.2

Last edited by bhpfaninblr : 14th March 2021 at 02:43.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 09:42   #154
KPR
BANNED

I've booked Zeta SCross MT in caffeine Brown here on 20th Feb 2021. Delivery date unknown. Quite surprising to see MS delaying SCross which is their least selling model. Not only this car and MS almost every manufacturer has 40 to 60 days delivery time for their cars. Be it WRV, Ecosport, Honda city every model has such a long waiting period. Only Yaris, venue are easily available but family isn't interested in them. So the wait will continue atleast till March end for us.
KPR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 08:11   #155
BHPian

Quote:
The delivery date of the car is not known. I think S-cross is very good value for money

The 1.5 Petrol Engine of the S-cross is a 4-cylinder one. People praise the 1.2 petrol engine as the best in the category. So the 1.5 has to be better for sure than the 1.2

Hi there.
Good to hear from you.

I have driven both the 1.2 in my friends baleno and wagon r. and also taken test drives of both the Vitara brezza and scross in the 1.5 avatar.
Where the 1.2 shines is in the high rpm range. It revs very freely and has a good top end. Put simply it is very peppy high in the rev range and one can have good fun driving it around. But then it powers cars that have a very low vehicle weight. So that indirectly gives a very high torque nm/ ton and power to weight ratio. So a good engine powering a lightweight car. That is a good receipe for fun.

The 1.5 on the other hand seems to be tuned conservatively. It has a very good or rather stupendous low end grunt. One can feel the that the engine is powerful but seems to be held back. Maybe they want the 1.2 have some sort of usp over the 1.5 or may be they are concerned with the fuel efficiency. The engine pulls effortlessly till 2500 rpm then from there to 4000 rpm the progress is slow. As GTO once said in the petrol Etios thread that 90% of Indian driving is below the 3000 rpm range. At 3000 rpm in 5th gear the car is cruising comfortably at 100. It even seems very silent and refined. However for the hoonigans in us, once you cross 4000 rpm, the engine seems to wake up and gives another push which goes all the way till the redline. It feels so nice that one feels that the rev limiter cuts in too soon. The brezza feels more sprightly but the s cross feels more solid. And has better build and more space too. But this was from my limited test drives. Now that you are going to have the s cross, I would love to hear your experience and impressions about it. May be a short review. That would be nice. Even I enquired and the s cross has a long waiting period no doubt.

Looking forward to your new steed. May you get it soon and then will wait what you have to say about it. Cheers.
knrn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 09:29   #156
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
The 1.5 on the other hand seems to be tuned conservatively. It has a very good or rather stupendous low end grunt. One can feel the that the engine is powerful but seems to be held back. Maybe they want the 1.2 have some sort of usp over the 1.5 or may be they are concerned with the fuel efficiency. The engine pulls effortlessly till 2500 rpm then from there to 4000 rpm the progress is slow.
I can share my TD experience:
1.2L is sprightly because of the low kerb weight that Ignis or Swift or Dzire has. My TD of SCross 1.5 also is also in similar lines to what you've mentioned. You may have to drive a Honda city to understand what best in market 1.5 NA engine behaves like in open highway. I'm not saying SCross has better NA, but is almost there upto 85-90% and matches NA of Honda as well. I'm pretty sure MS has tuned it for mileage as their SX4 petrol got a lot of flak for not giving adequate KMPL.

In fact if you've been driving a diesel mill (as in my case) we will definitely miss the mid range. In diesel if I upshited at about 1800-2000 RPM here add 1000 more and upshift at 2800-3000 RPM to get the punch out of it. But when compared to turbo petrol that is sensitive to A pedal, anyday NA will work better for low service costs and ease on fuel expenses.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 13:42   #157
BHPian

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Hi. KPR. Congratulations on your booking. I will be looking forward to hear from you as well on your s cross experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
1.2L is sprightly because of the low kerb weight that Ignis or Swift or Dzire has. My TD of SCross 1.5 also is also in similar lines to what you've mentioned.
Yes. Exactly what I wanted to convey. But this aspect has two sides. In the city, one will get a good driving experience filled with fun but on the highway due to the light weight and build of the car, it behaves in a very unstable way, the crosswinds or heavy vehicles passing by tend to disturb your composure and concentration. The S cross felt very stable and planted. More on that later in the post.

Quote:
You may have to drive a Honda city to understand what best in market 1.5 NA engine behaves like in open highway. I'm not saying SCross has better NA, but is almost there upto 85-90% and matches NA of Honda as well. I'm pretty sure MS has tuned it for mileage as their SX4 petrol got a lot of flak for not giving adequate KMPL.

Though I am yet to get my hands on the present new Gen Honda city, I have driven the previous Gen on quite a few occasions.
What you just said, I exactly had the same sentiment and was about to write it but did not. Yes. It's right there. Between 85-90. %. Missed out by a few revs and tuning. But where the difference lies is in the way the car behaves at these speeds. I always maintain that it is not about reaching a 100kmph. It is all about how one gets there and how the car rides or behaves at this speed or above. While in the city it is very easy to reach this mark, I somehow found it to be a little undulating and unnerving while going over humps or some rough patches. Skittish is the word. Yes. It feels very fast but rough roads do affect the composure of the city. ( my personal experience). Moreover I usually drive with family with lots of luggage. And with load, the rear of the city tends to sag. Not so in the s cross. Plus I like the tall driving position. I have backache. So getting in to the city was more of an exercise for me. While one just walks into the s cross be it front or rear. The height and space at rear make it appear more roomy. Boot may be smaller than city but it doesn't sag. And the ride is so flat and comfortable. The 16 inchers 215 tyres also help but the ride and drive of the s cross is germanic in a sort of way. Very re assuring. At 110, I couldn't even guess the speed and the car felt very planted. So lists of brownie points from my side.

Quote:
In fact if you've been driving a diesel mill (as in my case) we will definitely miss the mid range. In diesel if I upshited at about 1800-2000 RPM here add 1000 more and upshift at 2800-3000 RPM to get the punch out of it.
Nope brother. I drive a santro. And I shift by my pedal and engine feel and not the tacho. Aaah!!!
But yes I do agree with this. However the time in which the engine reaches the power is almost identical. The diesel has more pull but revving a petrol is more fun. Diesel is more relaxed while cruising but a powerful petrol is more involving.

Quote:
But when compared to turbo petrol that is sensitive to A pedal, anyday NA will work better for low service costs and ease on fuel expenses.
Another brownie point. The k15 is amongst the last of the NA1.5 engines. My car runs barely 200-300 kms a month max. My daily ride is my bullet. So petrol makes more sense for me. Diesels with their LNT/SCR/DEF need to be run a particular way and for a particular time. So I am in a confusion over this. Turbocharged engines for me will always be a diesel. Never a petrol. As I tend to keep cars for long.

Cheers

Last edited by knrn : 15th March 2021 at 14:11.
knrn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 18:41   #158
Senior - BHPian

Posting in S-Cross thread rather than Renault Kiger as the objective is not to ridicule or belittle Kiger but appreciate the alternative in similar price range that was being considered i.e. SCross.

Test drove a Renault Kiger 1.0 turbo MT today for my head of department. She is a 50 years old lady who has booked a blue dual tone today. Delivery date is approx. 20 March (just 5 days waiting) for 1.0 Energy RXZ AMT. Perks of living in small place as the dealership is brand new as well. The first of their allotted lot is apparently in transit so she will be one of the first taker in this region.

I had recommended her the 1.0 Turbo CVT RXZ to be honest but the on road price of 11.5 lacs was above her selected budget of upto 10 lacs.

As soon as the blue dual tone came and parked in front of the showroom, I was in awe of this beauty. It looks so beautiful. I was wondering why didn’t I delay my purchase for a few months and get this!

My perception changed after the test drive. The car by itself offers very good ride and handling and is a looker. Features list is adequate as well. No offence to anyone but I felt that for the price of top end variant of Kiger, those who are buying SCross 1.5 over this car are getting much more car for their money.

For almost same ex showroom money (9.5 lacs), one can buy either 1.0 turbo RXZ CVT or SCross 1.5 Zeta MT. Considering MT variant of Kiger will save 1 lacs (ex showroom 8.5 lacs). Lets see the differences.

SCross gets:
All 4 disc brakes
Bigger car (4300mm vs 4000mm), more space
Bigger tyres 215mm over 195mm in Kiger
Bigger engine 1500cc vs 1000cc in Kiger
4 cylinder engine, less vibrations and refined drive
More premium dashboard (subjective)
Tilt and telescopic steering, more comfortable seating position.
Mild hybrid system (how useful for FE and low end?)

Kiger gets:
LED lighting
Very beautiful design, better than SCross (subjective)
Dual tone blue colour with Black roof looks killer
High centre console gives the cabin a premium car feel
Rear AC vents
Turbo petrol (although 1000cc and 3 cylinder) has good performance characteristics. Never felt underpowered while driving uphill/upmountain.

Showroom insists on 15k “essential accessories” but there are no logistic charges. Car will be driven 130km to the showroom in the mountains from Dehradun as transportation is not possible till here.

While coming back, my senior commented (on her own) that she feels S-Cross is a much better and much more spacious car but she does not want a masculine car. I didn’t understand her logic as Kiger is not a feminine car either.

I will see if she allows me to drive this car after delivery. Will post a detailed report after that in the Kiger thread.

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-e5e6c77e832d4239b45ac7db80fb69dd.jpeg

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-fc70740a249845cd9270afff024a1134.jpeg
PaddleShifter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 12:19   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr
The delivery date of the car is not known.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR
I've booked Zeta SCross MT in caffeine Brown here on 20th Feb 2021. Delivery date unknown. Quite surprising to see MS delaying SCross which is their least selling model.
I read somewhere that the Brezza has a 5month waiting period. Surprised to see SCross also having long delivery time.

Earlier there were some rumours of the SCross being discontinued or re-launched with changes. Any update on that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr
Swift is March 2007 registered. KA registration. Single Owner. Has run 52000 km only. Mint condition
Dad's Swift is also March 2007 and run 49K odd kms. Toying with the idea of replacing it with an automatic car. Hence asked. Thanks.
Old 17th March 2021, 12:46   #160
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
I read somewhere that the Brezza has a 5month waiting period. Surprised to see SCross also having long delivery time.

Earlier there were some rumours of the SCross being discontinued or re-launched with changes. Any update on that?

Dad's Swift is also March 2007 and run 49K odd kms. Toying with the idea of replacing it with an automatic car. Hence asked.
1. It may not be as hot selling as Brezza so one can expect a less waiting period for Scross say around 30-40 days.

2. With no diesel mill and Scross is a product that lures few thousands of sub 4m haters and also Creta / Seltos seekers who need big real estate at the same or marginally less cost of sub 4m SUV. So MS is able to give that with 1.5P engine probably. I think once they bring 1.5L diesel mill they may consider stopping it. But the OTR price will shoot up above 15L. So I think it is here to stay for some time. Since it is Suzuki petrol engine and no surprises like low mileage, poor performance and is plonked in ciaz, XL6, Ertiga I find no reason to not consider this engine in Scross even if MS stops this variant.

3. Your father will appreciate the space, ingress egress of this car with no doubt. It is premium inside out. Safety like thuds, body panel thickness, chassis parts that are omitted are left to hands, eyes and minds of the beholder

Last edited by KPR : 17th March 2021 at 12:48.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 02:01   #161
BHPian

Quote:
S-cross is getting delivered on March 25th. It has been dispatched last week. Depending on whether it is by train/truck, it can take 10-15 days. So around a month since booking for the car to arrive

Quote:
2. With no diesel mill and Scross is a product that lures few thousands of sub 4m haters and also Creta / Seltos seekers who need big real estate at the same or marginally less cost of sub 4m SUV. So MS is able to give that with 1.5P engine probably. I think once they bring 1.5L diesel mill they may consider stopping it.
Definitely the S-cross is more value than sub 4m SUVs like Venue at more or less the same price. The engine is a 4-cylinder one that is comparable to the NA petrol engines in the Creta (that also gets a 1.5 NA) with better low end torque. Maruti diesel engine is not ready as it is not BS6 compatible. Their idea was to use the BS4 customers as a test mule in the Ciaz where it was available for a few months. That engine was a BS4 one with a FGT. With a VGT, the power figures will be better and it will be 1.25 to 1.5 lakh more expensive than the petrol option

Quote:
What you just said, I exactly had the same sentiment and was about to write it but did not. Yes. It's right there. Between 85-90. %. Missed out by a few revs and tuning. But where the difference lies is in the way the car behaves at these speeds. I always maintain that it is not about reaching a 100kmph. It is all about how one gets there and how the car rides or behaves at this speed or above.

Cheers
I would choose low end grunt vs. high revving
Quote:
Hi there.
The 1.5 on the other hand seems to be tuned conservatively. It has a very good or rather stupendous low end grunt. One can feel the that the engine is powerful but seems to be held back.
As GTO once said in the petrol Etios thread that 90% of Indian driving is below the 3000 rpm range. At 3000 rpm in 5th gear the car is cruising comfortably at 100. It even seems very silent and refined. .
The SHVS should add 0.5-1 kpl of mileage too

Quote:
I've booked Zeta SCross MT in caffeine Brown here on 20th Feb 2021. Delivery date unknown. Quite surprising to see MS delaying SCross which is their least selling model. Not only this car and MS almost every manufacturer has 40 to 60 days delivery time for their cars. Be it WRV, Ecosport, Honda city every model has such a long waiting period. Only Yaris, venue are easily available but family isn't interested in them. So the wait will continue atleast till March end for us.
My car is confirmed to be delivered on March 25. Get them to invoice in March itself as the April offers might not be as good as March
The applicable offers are as of the invoicing date
bhpfaninblr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 20:14   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Got the news that my Zeta S-cross has reached Bangalore and anytime after Friday, delivery can happen. Looking forward to the petrol mill with low end grunt
Old 23rd March 2021, 14:16   #163
BHPian

Here is the list of accessories I am leaning towards:
Name:  accessories.png
Views: 3327
Size:  21.7 KB

Found the following to be a waste of money
Prf-ecstar 199
door edge guard metallic finish 250
dicky mat 3d 1890
Mga 2 port fast usb charger 990
premium car care kit 1490

Admins: Forgive the multiple posts as these are on different dates, closer to the delivery of the car
Old 23rd March 2021, 17:43   #164
BHPian

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Admins: Forgive the multiple posts as these are on different dates, closer to the delivery of the car

I think the mods will allow this. You are about to get a new car, something that has taken up a lot of your time to research, plan and narrow down to a choice. And it is as special as a new member coming to the family. Even we are eagerly waiting.

Best of luck and wishing you many more kms of blissful driving.

PS- the kind of enthusiasm you have for your new car and given the fact that you have the gift of writing, I think I can expect an ownership thread pretty soon.

Cheers

Last edited by knrn : 23rd March 2021 at 17:51.
knrn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 19:13   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Found the following to be a waste of money
dicky mat 3d 1890
My opinion about 3D boot mat for S Cross, they are of decent fit, but I noticed two issues:

1. It renders the side small partitions useless. Also those partitions don't allow the mat to sit flush.

2. If you need to lift the boot tray to access spare wheel or tools, handling the 3D mat is a bit cumbersome.

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-20201214_140909.jpg

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-20201214_140936.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks