Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2021, 15:35   #256

Re: Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
I booked the Alpha AT yesterday with the same 4 to 6 week delivery commit and as usual, they said they will push to get allocation at the earliest.

Have you gotten delivery of your vehicle yet?
I've been following up on the delivery with the SA every week - was being reassured everything was on track. Then during the 6th week, got word that due to the global chip shortage, the allotment hasn't happened, and the current ETA for allotment is another 1-2 weeks. After allotment the dealer said it'll take 12-15 days for transit - which pushes dealer's guesstimate for delivery time to about 10 weeks. The operative word here is guesstimate - they don't seem to have any tracking once we do the booking; they claim tracking can start only after allotment. If the allotment doesn't happen within the updated timeline they gave now, I'm contemplating canceling the booking to give my 2009 Ritz more lovin'.
esc2break is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 17:25   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esc2break View Post
I've been following up on the delivery with the SA every week - was being reassured everything was on track... If the allotment doesn't happen within the updated timeline they gave now, I'm contemplating canceling the booking to give my 2009 Ritz more lovin'.
Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I guess then it's pretty much the same across all manufacturers and dealers... Commit something and drag their feet without any accountability.
Old 26th October 2021, 11:18   #258

Quote:
Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I guess then it's pretty much the same across all manufacturers and dealers... Commit something and drag their feet without any accountability.
Right. Most of us who've booked a vehicle in the recent past seem to be facing this zero visibility on the delivery time. Every time I asked when, SA's standard answer was "I will call you the minute your car is allotted" - i.e., he doesn't have a clue when.
Old 4th November 2021, 21:09   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Right. Most of us who've booked a vehicle in the recent past seem to be facing this zero visibility on the delivery time. Every time I asked when, SA's standard answer was "I will call you the minute your car is allotted" - i.e., he doesn't have a clue when.
So, I followed up with my SA at the Nexa dealership yesterday. His confidence level on me getting my vehicle by Nov 3rd week - 100%. He even said he will confirm by next week Monday. I was kind of surprised at the confidence in his voice, truth be told.

And then I saw this today.

I am not very familiar with new car launches and usual timelines. Does anyone have an idea on if and when that version might roll out from the factory for India?

Last edited by asmr : 4th November 2021 at 21:12. Reason: Adding a quote and a follow up update, avoiding back to back posts
Old 5th November 2021, 09:01   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone have an idea on if and when that version might roll out from the factory for India?
The current version of S-Cross was launched in India sometime around 2017 IIRC. When Maruti launched the S-Cross in 2015 here, Suzuki was unveiling the current (BMW grill facelift) facelift in Europe. I expect a similar delay this time around as well.

Secondly, brining this new version does not seem to make much sense due to the following reasons:
1. Maruti is working with Toyota to make a Creta/Seltos rival SUV. Having new S-Cross with overlapping features and price makes no sense.
2. Maruti already has a Brezza and yet it is working on an affordable Baleno based crossover SUV (sub 4m). So Maruti seems to be covering a wider price bracket with multiple SUVs.

So, keeping S-Cross in its present form could be better for now since the main USP of S-Cross is a 4.3m long spacious car with decent feature list at a sub 10 lacs ex-showroom price.
PaddleShifter is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 15:29   #261

Quote:
So, I followed up with my SA at the Nexa dealership yesterday. His confidence level on me getting my vehicle by Nov 3rd week - 100%. He even said he will confirm by next week Monday. I was kind of surprised at the confidence in his voice, truth be told.
I followed up with the TL of my SA end of last week - it was just more of the same. That is, no idea at all.

Quote:
I am not very familiar with new car launches and usual timelines. Does anyone have an idea on if and when that version might roll out from the factory for India?
According to this article, the new S-Cross is expected to come to India late 2022 or 2023.

It's now been 8+ weeks since my booking. If the allotment doesn't happen by early next week, I am tending towards cancelling the booking because:
  • Best case is it will be a November manufactured vehicle. That is, within 1.5 months of taking delivery, the car will be 1 year older.
  • I'm in no hurry to buy a new car right now, I can wait few more months easily.
  • If the new version of S-Cross will come to India in about 1 year, when Maruti reveals the new version end of this month, hopefully Maruti will offer better discounts for the current version. So, if I still want to go for the current version of S-Cross hopefully I can get a better deal if I cancel and book again.
What do you folks think? Any advice?
Old 8th November 2021, 11:30   #262
BHPian

Quote:
It's now been 8+ weeks since my booking. If the allotment doesn't happen by early next week, I am tending towards cancelling the booking because:
  • Best case is it will be a November manufactured vehicle. That is, within 1.5 months of taking delivery, the car will be 1 year older.
  • I'm in no hurry to buy a new car right now, I can wait few more months easily.
  • If the new version of S-Cross will come to India in about 1 year, when Maruti reveals the new version end of this month, hopefully Maruti will offer better discounts for the current version. So, if I still want to go for the current version of S-Cross hopefully I can get a better deal if I cancel and book again.
What do you folks think? Any advice?
When I was scouting for the new car in first week of October here in Delhi, one Nexa dealer told me that Maruti has stopped production of S-Cross currently and it will take atleast 2 months for them to get me a car. The major reason for me going with S-Cross at that time was that it was available in stock with one dealer in Noida and I booked and got the delivery in 4 days.

While I also expect that the upgraded S-Cross to be launched in Europe will take atleast a year to get to India, but right now the Indian market is also little busy with some cars expected to be launched / upgraded in the next few months like the Creta (almost there), Brezza (as per rumours) or a new compact SUV from Honda besides a new compact SUV from Maruti-Toyota.

As you mentioned that you are in no hurry to buy a new car, I think it can be wiser to first wait for what exactly is upgraded in the new S-Cross and also work with the dealer for better discounts as its almost year end. Otherwise you can wait for some other options which will be available in the next few months.

All the best!
ontheway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 11:49   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
According to this article, the new S-Cross is expected to come to India late 2022 or 2023.

It's now been 8+ weeks since my booking. If the allotment doesn't happen by early next week, I am tending towards cancelling the booking because:[list][*]Best case is it will be a November manufactured vehicle. That is, within 1.5 months of taking delivery, the car will be 1 year older.[*]I'm in no hurry to buy a new car right now, I can wait few more months easily…
I wouldn’t even waste a pinch of salt on such website articles.
See this for reference. Jeep Renegade was supposed to be in India by 2019 as per this article. Check last paragraph.

https://www.cartoq.com/jeeps-maruti-...back-platform/

My inputs are as follows:
1. You have mentioned that if new version comes, outgoing model will have more discounts. From your post, I deduce that you are fine with the current model.

Due to semi conductor and raw material shortages, waiting periods are only rising and also car prices are also getting revised periodically. Recently, MS hiked prices of S-Cross but left the Zeta untouched to keep it below 10 lacs.

Thus I recommend that you hold onto your booking and decide once My2022 (2022 manufactured) models start despatches.
Also be aware that car prices are sometimes revised in January or/and March of a calender year.
PaddleShifter is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 17:39   #264
BHPian

Has anybody successfully purchased an alloy wheel for the spare? The Maruti dealer is refusing to sell one and says it needs to be purchased in sets of four. This is for a car that is in the process of delivery and has not yet left the stockyard. I can see the alloy wheel is available as an accessory: https://www.marutisuzuki.com/genuine...3210m84r50-qc8

Any pointers or alternative?
Old 9th November 2021, 18:38   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPS_Guru View Post
Has anybody successfully purchased an alloy wheel for the spare? The Maruti dealer is refusing to sell one and says it needs to be purchased in sets of four. This is for a car that is in the process of delivery and has not yet left the stockyard. I can see the alloy wheel is available as an accessory: https://www.marutisuzuki.com/genuine...3210m84r50-qc8

You can purchase single alloy from MGP (Maruti Genuine Parts) store. There is one on Sarjapura road, Bangalore very close to the Sarjapura police station.
amvj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 18:57   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I purchased a single alloy wheel for my Brezza from the dealership and same for my brother's S-Cross. If he is not selling it, try some other dealer or Boodmo.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 19:46   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Maruti dealer is refusing to sell one and says it needs to be purchased in sets of four...Any pointers or alternative?
Pls stop visiting that dealer!!

When I asked for a single alloy wheel from the Nexa ASC I regularly service, he told he can sell but will be expensive & he also suggested to buy MGP alloy wheels outside MASS networks as it will work out cheaper!!

Edit - Looks like somebody wants to stay out of business soon!! Here you go for a single MGP alloy wheel

Last edited by aargee : 9th November 2021 at 19:56.
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 13:52   #268

Quote:
It's now been 8+ weeks since my booking. If the allotment doesn't happen by early next week, I am tending towards cancelling the booking
@ontheway and @PaddleShifter - thank you for your inputs. Appreciate it.

Talked to the TL again this week. It's been 9 weeks now since my booking - 2 committed dates have come and gone, and he still doesn't seem to have any clue when the allotment might happen. He said very few (not zero though) S-Cross are being allotted, and that's the case for all dealerships. And he had no information if/when things may improve soon.

I felt like George in the Seinfeld episode The Pez Dispenser when he says - "No everything is *not* going good. I'm very uncomfortable. I have no power. I mean, why should she have the upper hand. *Once* in my life I would like the upper hand. I have no hand -- no hand at all." I decided I'm not going to deal with this anymore and cancelled my booking. I plan to revisit this in 2022.
esc2break is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 15:16   #269
BHPian

Quote:
...It's been 9 weeks now since my booking - 2 committed dates have come and gone, and he still doesn't seem to have any clue when the allotment might happen.
Strange. From booking to vehicle in stockyard, it took only 3 weeks in Bengaluru. This is for a S-Cross Zeta AT. The delivery will take another couple of days as the new online registration is taking longer than earlier process.

Last edited by UPS_Guru : 10th November 2021 at 15:39. Reason: errors in articulation
UPS_Guru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 18:40   #270
BHPian

Quote:
I decided I'm not going to deal with this anymore and cancelled my booking. I plan to revisit this in 2022.
Finally, 'a' decision was taken. Well, good luck to you on the next search. And good luck to me too, to duke it out with the dealership on my booking which is supposedly due in 10 days.
asmr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks