Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2020, 21:44   #61
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
S-Cross Listed as Cars based on Heartect Platform
Did maruti silently moved to Heartect platform for S-Cross petrol or a mistake by website admin. As per the below article published in july, there was no mention of s-cross to be based on Heartect platform.

Source : https://www.marutisuzuki.com/arenawo...articleSection
sou_3749 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 21:09   #62

I had a chance to test drive s-cross AT, in one word I was ‘Impressed’.
Car was super smooth and I felt very comfortable to drive in all sorts of roads. I had very less expectations both in terms of car performance and also Maruthi experience, but was super impressed by both.
Maybe the car lacks in gadgets compared to Kia/ Hyundai, but this car looks minimalist to me.
The cabin was spacious, airy and felt comfortable.
MaheshBapurao is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 00:26   #63
BHPian

Hi Guys, One quick question.

A close friend of mine is all about to book a Scross Zeta AT. His usage will be significantly less and will do hardly 5k kms every year. He is concerned if this will affect the battery life ?

I have read somewhere that lithium-ion battery-equipped cars should be started every week to avoid complete drain out and is expensive to replace. He is working abroad, the car will left at home, less attended most of the time. He is looking to keep the car for 8-10 years, so don't want this to be an issue later on.
northstar* is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 16:18   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
Hi Guys, One quick question.

I have read somewhere that lithium-ion battery-equipped cars should be started every week to avoid complete drain out and is expensive to replace. He is working abroad, the car will left at home, less attended most of the time..
I kept my Ertiga idle for a month and half without driving during Covid lockdown had disconnected the main Lead Acid battery. The car started without any problem and the Start-Stop system was working normal too. Any car with or without the Lithium battery should ideally be driven once a week for 30 mins minimum. But it would be advisable to check with Maruti as to how that would work for longer duration of idle time.
NiInJa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 23:02   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
If someone where to compare this with XL6; I know they are two very different car's cater two very different genre but for the sake of comparison and practicality and most importantly value for money, which one should one go for?
I'm also looking forward to detailed comparison between the 2. What I have noticed between the 2:
What the S-Cross has over the XL6.
- Better build (at least appears so).
- Better looking (Subjective).
- Rear Disks.
- Auto dimming IRVM.

What the XL6 has over the S-Cross.
- Full LED lights.
- Extra seating for 1 person (not important to me).
- Full colour MID.
- Sporty looking steering wheel.

Between the 2 my pick would be the S-Cross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
It's simple really. If you need the 5 + seats in XL6 then don't go for scross. If you can manage with 5 seats, it's scross all the way. Scross has better build quality, ride/handling combo, braking, GC, parking friendly etc.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
As pointed out by many on this thread, this car really deserves better engine. I hope 1.5 DDIS BS6 version is launched soon. Maruti should really consider getting 1.4 Booster jet engine in S-Cross as our Indian market has accepted turbo petrols now and I wonder why the market leader is ready to lose this opportunity.
Rightly said. It deserves a better engine. However the K15 engine in turn requires a better car. Plonk it in to the Swift and Baleno.
Old 11th October 2020, 04:22   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
There was an interesting conversation about the Platform of the Sonet and Venue on the Sonet Thread and I headed over to the Maruti page to read about their Heartect Platform and was shocked to see S-Cross also listed there.

Attachment 2057795
S-Cross Listed as Cars based on Heartect Platform

Multiple articles that I have read on this forum seem to say that the S-Cross shares the Platform with Brezza and is based on the global Vitara Platform. Is that an incorrect assumption then given that Maruti has listed S Cross under the Heartect Platform on their own site here - Link. The same page does not list Brezza and Ciaz indicating that those two are not based on Heartect.
Looks like MSIL has silently moved the SCross Petrol to the Hearttech platform from the Global "C" Platform as it's showing up as apart of Hearttech Platform in both Nexa & Arena sites, If it was an error it should have been replaced till now as we have been observing it since September.
Old 11th October 2020, 07:49   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcotsrinivas View Post
Looks like MSIL has silently moved the SCross Petrol to the Hearttech platform from the Global "C" Platform as it's showing up as apart of Hearttech Platform in both Nexa & Arena sites, If it was an error it should have been replaced till now as we have been observing it since September.
S Cross is very much based on the Global C platform, just as the Brezza was/is. Platform changes don't happen overnight, and certainly not "silently ".

It's just an error of some random IT guy on the webpage.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 12:22   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
S Cross is very much based on the Global C platform, just as the Brezza was/is. Platform changes don't happen overnight, and certainly not "silently ".

It's just an error of some random IT guy on the webpage.

Regards,
Shashi
So anyone at MSIL didn't recognise the error since a few months is it,

I somehow doubt that they moved to Hearttech Platform as my cousin brought SCross Zeta last week and I felt that the body was not as strong as the previous Diesel Model,the door thud when closing it etc was a little flimsy and the sheet metal thickness was definitely not strong as in my Brezza.

Someone from MSIL or any of TBHP members who has indepth info of MSIL must advise.
arcotsrinivas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 12:33   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcotsrinivas View Post
So anyone at MSIL didn't recognise the error since a few months is it,
Yes

Quote:
I somehow doubt that they moved to Hearttech Platform as my cousin brought SCross Zeta last week and I felt that the body was not as strong as the previous Diesel Model,the door thud when closing it etc was a little flimsy and the sheet metal thickness was definitely not strong as in my Brezza.
Boss let's not go around thuds or door "feel" and relate them to "platform change". Even the door and sheet metal feel you talk about, depends on a lot of things including structural patches, quality of latches, stopper, etc.

It's plain laziness on Maruti's part of not rectifying their mistake.

Point is, platform change cannot happen overnight. As a very basic identification, kindly observe what kind of underbody structure Heartect cars have, and what S Cross/Brezza/ SX4 has. You will get your answers.

Even for a simple sheet metal thickness reduction, a MASS manufacturer like Maruti will have to incorporate many expensive changes. That's precisely the reason why in most facelifts you see manufacturers avoiding "Sheet metal" changes and stick to plastic parts often. Hope I'm clear.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 08:21   #70
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki is offering discounts of up to Rs 62,200 on all models of the S-Cross, barring the Zeta MT, which it’s offering up to Rs 52,200 off on. Both figures include an exchange bonus of Rs 20,000.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...er-2020-418882
Old 13th October 2020, 17:39   #71
BHPian

Took a test drive of the S-Cross, here are my impressions:

I primarily drive a Baleno Petrol MT and have been looking around for a new car. The prospect of a S-Cross crossed my mind and I went to check it out. I test drove the car through bad roads, patchy non-roads, tight spaces and traffic-heavy roads as well as open highways. Here are my impressions of the car.

+ The first thing you notice is just how maneuverable it is. It does not feel like a "big car" in handling.
+ The build quality felt good, better than most MSIL cars.
+ Oh boy, the ride and handling. They've hit this one out of the park. Feels amazing on an open road and passes rough roads with ease. It's no luxury sedan comfort but it's nothing to scoff at, I found it better than the Baleno.
+ Soft touch material for the dash is a nice touch. The feel of the car's interior is good.
+ The rear seat comfort and space is good. The seats in general are good.
+ The rear bench folds flat with the boot and there's no hump.
+ The seating ergonomics are spot on.

- The engine is sufficient, but that's it. It doesn't feel peppy or engaging to drive as my Baleno.
- They could've ditched the smart hybrid for better pricing, but I guess Maruti didn't want to associate "low FE car" tag with one of its offerings.
- The respect you get on the street isn't comparable to that of something like an EcoSport.

Overall, there were no major negatives in the car. This is hands down the best offering from MSIL. They could do well by offering more cars like this. Or perhaps not, given how poorly this sells.
RoadMonkey is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 09:48   #72

After couple of test drives, booked s-cross alpha AT on 13th. Expecting delivery by November 01st week
MaheshBapurao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 00:06   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcomed this baby in our family yesterday. Was a sudden decision and thankfully this White Zeta MT was in stock with our dealer. Would have personally preferred Alpha, but since the budget was very strict, and the intended user not having any inclination towards LED lamps/DRLs or leather seats, I found Zeta better for the purpose.

Went for the PDI yesterday and after a comprehensive one, it was given a green signal.

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-20201023_235152.jpg

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-20201023_235204.jpg

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-20201023_235309.jpg

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-20201023_235338.jpg

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-20201023_235348.jpg

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-20201023_235359.jpg

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-20201023_235417.jpg

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-20201023_235431.jpg

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-20201023_235441.jpg

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-20201023_235453.jpg

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-20201023_235510.jpg

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-20201023_235534.jpg

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-20201023_235601.jpg

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-20201023_235610.jpg

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-20201023_235743.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 00:29   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Welcomed this baby in our family yesterday.
Regards,
Shashi
Eagerly waiting for your thread on modifications and DIYs for the scross!
jigar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 08:49   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Welcomed this baby in our family yesterday.
Whoa! That's pleasantly surprising. Congratulations.

Even I was busy yesterday doing PDI of an Ecosport S for my uncle.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed