Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2020, 21:59   #91
BHPian
 
PaddleShifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: CH01 - UK12
Posts: 549
Thanked: 898 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Was a sudden decision and thankfully this White Zeta MT was in stock with our dealer.
Just realised that the warning triangle is missing in mine. I also got an "in stock" model manufactured in Aug 2020 with 25Km on the odo. The dealer didnt have dedicated test drive car and I knew for a fact that mine has been used for TD for sure (Hope this 25Km reading was the true one with no further use after disconnecting the odo). I inferred this from the tyres. Brand new tyres have those rubber spikes 99% of the times and they dont disappear in 25km. PDI was ok on other points so I went ahead.

Though I have never used these warning triangles,it feels odd to not have something that came with the vehicle.

Plus I guess carrying a warning triangle is a legal requirement (Just like a first aid kit).
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 10:35   #92
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Leoshashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: India
Posts: 4,959
Thanked: 35,269 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Just realised that the warning triangle is missing in mine. I also got an "in stock" model manufactured in Aug 2020 with 25Km on the odo. The dealer didnt have dedicated test drive car and I knew for a fact that mine has been used for TD for sure (Hope this 25Km reading was the true one with no further use after disconnecting the odo). I inferred this from the tyres. Brand new tyres have those rubber spikes 99% of the times and they dont disappear in 25km. PDI was ok on other points so I went ahead.

Though I have never used these warning triangles,it feels odd to not have something that came with the vehicle.

Plus I guess carrying a warning triangle is a legal requirement (Just like a first aid kit).
Do inform your RM and Quality manager/Customer care manager ASAP. They'll get you one.

They make you sign NOC/objects delivered type document, one should always read them properly and then sign. All individual items are mentioned in that.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 00:42   #93
BHPian
 
PaddleShifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: CH01 - UK12
Posts: 549
Thanked: 898 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Thanks LeoShashi. I found it nicely concealed besides the spare tyre on the bumper side of the boot. I found it a few days ago. The point you have mentioned is an important one. Infact these papers even say that the customer has taken test drive of the car and is satisfied. On the other hand, dealerships are generally reluctant in letting the customers take the test drive of a to be delivered car before billing.

I usually keep my entire focus on the tyres, body work, engine noise and drive/alignment of the car before the billing process. Many people generally take delivery before driving the car.

Thanks.
PaddleShifter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 16:37   #94
BHPian
 
car_guy1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: TS10/TS08
Posts: 411
Thanked: 836 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Welcomed this baby in our family yesterday. Was a sudden decision and thankfully this White Zeta MT was in stock with our dealer. Would have personally preferred Alpha, but since the budget was very strict, and the intended user not having any inclination towards LED lamps/DRLs or leather seats, I found Zeta better for the purpose.

Went for the PDI yesterday and after a comprehensive one, it was given a green signal.

Regards,
Shashi
Congrats for buying S-Cross Shashi.The S-Cross is the only favourite car in Maruti in recent times and in fact,we had considered S-Cross Diesel over Ciaz Diesel in 2017 when we were looking to purchase a second car but,eventually we had bought Honda City iDTEC.

My friends also own S-Cross which in same colour as yours.One owns a 2015 S-Cross Zeta Diesel,which has run more than 1.7L Kms in 5 years of its purchase and recently he got mid-life makeover for his car while another one owns 2019 S-Cross Alpha Diesel,which he recently met with an accident and eventually he got his car repaired and he exchanged his Ertiga VDI for S-Cross last year.

And,one of my dad's client also owned 2017 S-Cross Zeta Diesel till last year after doing more than 1,00,000 Kms in it and sold it off due to personal reasons and after 6 months of selling his S-Cross,he bought Polo 1.0MPI BS6 as he was in need of a car due to COVID situation.

And,when can we expect the ownership review of your S-Cross Petrol?

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 16th November 2020 at 16:55.
car_guy1998 is offline  
Old 23rd November 2020, 18:15   #95
BHPian
 
knrn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Jalandhar
Posts: 161
Thanked: 472 Times
Default My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review

Hi leoshashi. Hope you are doing well in these corona times. I was having a chat with ashish89- owner of seltos and he suggested that I post my query to you. So here goes.

I am on the lookout for a new vehicle. At one point of time I was looking to buy a diesel car. But then due to a turn of events I ended up buying a house. Well money well spent I will say. Got a really good deal. Pretty close to my place of work. 800 metres. Hahaha. Anyways. This has upset my finances at present.
I own a santro 2007 model. While it is going great but has begun to show its age. Now with a kid and family including mom, space and power when fully loaded is a bit of concern. Plus I don't feel safe on highways.
Santro completes 15 years next year which means I have to buy a car next year. In my present budget I was looking at the base seltos/ creta diesels. Now problem is my driving is max 200-300 kms a month. Even if I throw in the odd highway weekend trip it wouldn't be more than 600 kms at max. Plus the diesels now have this dpf regen issue. So one fine day I went and had a look at the s cross. Now within my budget I can get the scross top model or base seltos. Both the cars have whopping space and amazing quality levels for me. While I loved the rev happy nature and linear power of the scross which felt reasonably peppy and smooth, the diesel torque of the seltos was addictive. With my current state of affairs I can make a purchase decision next mid year only. Ashish mentioned that there are rumours that the s cross might be discontinued and that I should get in touch with you. I am a relaxed driver. But I do like to enjoy quick paced drives once a while. What's your take on this? Will appreciate your inputs.

Last edited by knrn : 23rd November 2020 at 18:21.
knrn is offline  
Old 24th November 2020, 21:07   #96
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Leoshashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: India
Posts: 4,959
Thanked: 35,269 Times
Default Re: My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by knrn View Post
Santro completes 15 years next year which means I have to buy a car next year. In my present budget I was looking at the base seltos/ creta diesels. Now problem is my driving is max 200-300 kms a month. Even if I throw in the odd highway weekend trip it wouldn't be more than 600 kms at max. Plus the diesels now have this dpf regen issue. So one fine day I went and had a look at the s cross. Now within my budget I can get the scross top model or base seltos. Both the cars have whopping space and amazing quality levels for me. While I loved the rev happy nature and linear power of the scross which felt reasonably peppy and smooth, the diesel torque of the seltos was addictive. With my current state of affairs I can make a purchase decision next mid year only. Ashish mentioned that there are rumours that the s cross might be discontinued and that I should get in touch with you. I am a relaxed driver. But I do like to enjoy quick paced drives once a while. What's your take on this? Will appreciate your inputs.
Yes I have been told by a fairly reliable chap that S Cross will be discontinued/updated soon, basically there will be some changes(may be price related?). Now to me neither makes sense. Maruti had more than enough time to change/update anything if they had any intent. Also it doesn't make any sense to discontinue a model which was launched only in August. This is exactly why I posted the info with a Rumour tag.

My personal take- If you like a car, and specially from Maruti, go ahead without any worries of spares availability or service. Even for old or rare cars, spares support is fairly good. S Cross has sold decently and the 1.5L petrol is being used in many Marutis.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 05:12   #97
BHPian
 
knrn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Jalandhar
Posts: 161
Thanked: 472 Times
Default

A heartfelt thanks @leoshashi and @ashis89.

You are quite right. Service won't be an issue. I have a MASS service station right next to my colony main gate. Frankly I get my santro serviced there and the centre is owned by a decent bloke. He provides spares for my santro even. Thanks for the help. Though I will still have to wait till next mid year but s cross seems a very decent option. As even you have mentioned in your XL6 thread, the engine has enough grunt and both these cars have a very smooth nature plus good quality levels. Let's see where I stand a few months from now.
knrn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 18:04   #98
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Durgapur
Posts: 83
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Yes I have been told by a fairly reliable chap that S Cross will be discontinued/updated soon, basically there will be some changes(may be price related?). Now to me neither makes sense. Maruti had more than enough time to change/update anything if they had any intent. Also it doesn't make any sense to discontinue a model which was launched only in August. This is exactly why I posted the info with a Rumour tag.

My personal take- If you like a car, and specially from Maruti, go ahead without any worries of spares availability or service. Even for old or rare cars, spares support is fairly good. S Cross has sold decently and the 1.5L petrol is being used in many Marutis.

Regards,
Shashi
Very impressed with your review of your XL6 . Am planning to let go of my 2011 wagon r cng. I really need a high seating position like the waggy since back pain has set in. Have shortlisted the XL6. But also attracted by the scross. Do you think the car has a good seating position and easy entry exit? Cannot go for a TD right now because of the virus scene.
HONESTabdul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 18:12   #99
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 13,568
Thanked: 10,278 Times
Default Re: My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONESTabdul View Post
Very impressed with your review of your XL6 . ... Do you think the car has a good seating position and easy entry exit? Cannot go for a TD right now because of the virus scene.
What would suit one may not suit another, even if they are of similar height/build. Suggest to take a TD yourself. May be take the first TD of that car in the day. Take your precautions. I suggest not to go for a car without a TD. Others have taken 2 drives before they realised a particular car was actually suited and is per their liking.
condor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 18:33   #100
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ashis89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,680
Thanked: 6,256 Times
Default Re: My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONESTabdul View Post
Very impressed with your review of your XL6 . Am planning to let go of my 2011 wagon r cng. I really need a high seating position like the waggy since back pain has set in. Have shortlisted the XL6. But also attracted by the scross. Do you think the car has a good seating position and easy entry exit? Cannot go for a TD right now because of the virus scene.
As I mentioned before, finding a replacement for the WagonR is tough!

Based on my short drive in the S-Cross, I found that you have to crouch a bit to enter/exit the car. On the other hand, you can literally walk in and out of the WagonR. Ertiga was much better and almost similar to the WagonR experience, though the seats were a lot more comfortable on the Ertiga. Please do test drive the S-Cross and Ertiga to see which suits you better.

Another option, check out the Brezza too. I found it equally comfortable (though a little cramped for my 6ft frame).

All three cars have the 1.5L petrol engine which has a nice low end response, perfect for city use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
What would suit one may not suit another, even if they are of similar height/build. Suggest to take a TD yourself.
+1

Please take an extensive test drive once you have shortlisted the vehicles and are ready for your purchase.

Last edited by ashis89 : 26th November 2020 at 18:35.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 20:42   #101
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Leoshashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: India
Posts: 4,959
Thanked: 35,269 Times
Default Re: My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONESTabdul View Post
Very impressed with your review of your XL6 . Am planning to let go of my 2011 wagon r cng. I really need a high seating position like the waggy since back pain has set in. Have shortlisted the XL6. But also attracted by the scross. Do you think the car has a good seating position and easy entry exit? Cannot go for a TD right now because of the virus scene.
In terms of ease of entry/exit and seating position, XL6 is higher and much better. There is simply no comparison. S Cross feels as a large Hatchback at best in terms of seating posture. Even Brezza feels a bit higher.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 20:29   #102
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Goalpara
Posts: 1
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

With the 1.3 gone, Maruti confused me a lot. I was planning on Scross Aplha 1.3 with comfort and mileage as top priority as my daily drive is 50 km.

With no diesel, and the poor fuel economy reported by 1.5L Petrol Scross users, I am left with no choice other than Ecosport diesel or Venue diesel.

The Venue got a 6 speed, but the Ecosport is fun to drive.
Sanedriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 14:22   #103
BHPian
 
Turbo_anup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Delhi
Posts: 88
Thanked: 141 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanedriver View Post
With the 1.3 gone, Maruti confused me a lot. I was planning on Scross Aplha 1.3 with comfort and mileage as top priority as my daily drive is 50 km.

With no diesel, and the poor fuel economy reported by 1.5L Petrol Scross users, I am left with no choice other than Ecosport diesel or Venue diesel.
I am also in the same boat Boss. Was looking at S Cross Diesel earlier along with WR-V Diesel as a replacement for my 2012 Vento 1.6 TDI. I was earlier more inclined towards S Cross due to better interior space, Frugal Diesel engine and comfortable ground clearance. However, with diesel gone out, i am only left with WR-V as good diesel engine with 6 speed manual gear box. Not looking at Venue / Sonet / Ecosport (top end is out of my budget) or Nexon / XUV 300 (due to earlier bad experience with these companies). My daily run is approx 90 kms and it contains expressway too, hence am comfortable with Manual gear box too. But Maruti moving away from diesel in their portfolio has left me undecided now.

I still have time for replacement (around a year as my current Diesel Vento is 2012 make), but i do not see a good option here. My budget is 10 - 12 lacs OTR (not Ex-showroom) and maybe just stretch it by another couple to 10Ks. Am inclined to get top end as need minimal hassle with finding kit for car later on.
Turbo_anup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 23:13   #104
BHPian
 
PaddleShifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: CH01 - UK12
Posts: 549
Thanked: 898 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanedriver View Post
With no diesel, and the poor fuel economy reported by 1.5L Petrol Scross users,
S-Cross has nothing extra ordinary to be honest. But its a very practical car. We have owned only diesel cars since last decade. I cancelled my booking of diesel Sonet for a petrol S-cross.

I don't think it has poor FE. My 1.3 diesel punto used to give 15-17kmpl in moderate city traffic. My petrol s-cross returns 12kmpl or so in similar conditions. Its not poor for a petrol car weighing 1145Kg and having a 1500cc petrol engine.

Highway FE ranges from 16-18kmpl but the diesel punto used to give north of 23-24kmpl. That (Highway FE) is the real difference between the two.
PaddleShifter is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 19:26   #105
BHPian
 
harpreetsubhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 255
Thanked: 163 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

I'm looking out for a CSUV with a tight budget and hence KIA was out of picture even though we liked the car. (The top SONET whops up to 14.85L in Faridabad.)

Test drove Vitara Brezza and Scross. Few points which I have summarized from my TD:
1. Brezza is much more fun to drive than Scross, though same 4 speed AT at the heart of both the cars.
2. Scross fairs up much better than Brezza in interior quality.
3. Scross also fairs up much better in space.
4. Gives a fun of SUV and also a comfort of a sedan.
5. Zeta Scross much cheaper than Brezza ZXi+, though you loose on some good to have features.

But somehow the 4 Speed Torque Converter was a big disappointment for me. Though car does fairly well on low revs but you touch more than 80km/hr the engine seems to be really working hard. MSIL should have added 6 speed AT rather than it out of date 4 speed AT. After so many years MSIL came up with a practical AT but missed out on providing more steps. Really a deal breaker for AT. Seems MT Scross must be much better to drive.
harpreetsubhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks