Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2021, 18:34   #91
BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz 1.5L Diesel : Official Review

TATA cars are great feature loaded ones ,only thing that keeps worrying is what after 40,000 km in the odometer .
sportymonk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 19:52   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportymonk View Post
TATA cars are great feature loaded ones ,only thing that keeps worrying is what after 40,000 km in the odometer .
May be ask some actual owners about long term reliability.

I have used some of the antique Tatas over a combined 3 lakh km and had no issues whatsoever.

The modern Tatas will fare a lot better in my opinion.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 11th February 2021 at 19:53.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 21:19   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After 40k, you will reach 50, 60k and so on. Jokes apart, my current ride is a 2012 Vista with 1,70,000kms on the odo in 9 years. Still rides like a dream. The car is still taut and barely squeaks after two cross-country trips and multiple journeys across bad roads. I find no reason for a change except for the beige interiors which are a pain to maintain.

I'm guessing the new age Tatas would only be better.
discoverwild is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 10:36   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
What i love in the car is the stability. I have to admit, I feel it has surpassed Linea.
Congratulations.
How is the car doing? I test drove an Altroz Turbo petrol and found it very very stable like a big car. I have been driving fords all my driving life and this car felt on par wrt handling and dynamics. What FE are you getting?
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 14:05   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Congratulations.
How is the car doing? I test drove an Altroz Turbo petrol and found it very very stable like a big car. What FE are you getting?
Thanks. I have driven 11k km in 4 months now. My usage is 90 percent highways. When driven in 90-100 kmph, I am getting 20 kmpl fuel efficiency. With the turbo spooling kicking in at 1600 rpm, I am simply unable to drive it sedately. Some people may be get better fuel efficiency. The stability is top notch. With the high beams on, the stalk is farther and its a little difficult to use the indicators. The steering wheel weighing up with speeds, and convenience of horning with the thumbs are really a boon.
Benoit is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 21:45   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I have driven 11k km in 4 months now. My usage is 90 percent highways. When driven in 90-100 kmph, I am getting 20 kmpl fuel efficiency. With the turbo spooling kicking in at 1600 rpm, I am simply unable to drive it sedately. Some people may be get better fuel efficiency. The stability is top notch. With the high beams on, the stalk is farther and its a little difficult to use the indicators. The steering wheel weighing up with speeds, and convenience of horning with the thumbs are really a boon.
Wonderful. How would you compare the dynamics with Linea? Especially cornering?
Old 2nd March 2021, 00:51   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Wonderful. How would you compare the dynamics with Linea? Especially cornering?
Dynamics in Altroz is definitely better than it was with the Linea. The variable steering weight adds more confidence while cornering. In short, Altroz is better than linea in every way, except the boot.
Benoit is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 02:22   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In my experience, once they go out of warranty (which was roughly 40k for me), and you switch from a TASS to a competent FNG, the cars improve substantially. My indica feels better at 100k than it did at 20 or 40k
greenhorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 06:56   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In my (subjective) opinion, vehicles bought on 'peace of mind' criterion are seen parked safely for most of the time, taken out once/twice in a month for maybe the great Indian marriage or when it's raining while the so called unreliable brands like tata/M&M/bajaj ones cover lots of kms.

Last edited by ramzsys : 2nd March 2021 at 06:57.
ramzsys is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 10:42   #100
BHPian

The consensus of the forum seems to be to prefer Altroz diesel mill over petrol NA: is this recommendation just performance based, or are even the niggles less of a feature on diesel variant? I was considering altroz petrol (meets my needs-superb looks, safety, <600-700km run/month, mostly city drive, sedate driver, looking for a family car with ample space etc), but the recent reports of hassles of owing the petrol TATA engine on this forum (oil leaks etc) and elsewhere (telegram/whatsapp/Facebook- engine stalling, gear issues) as well as need of repeated, time consuming TASS centre visits give me jitters, as won't be able to have a lot of free time due to my professional duties.Ford freestyle also seems like a good car, with good service in Pune(my present location) with far less issues reported, and would have to pick the diesel variant there are well for better engine and fuel efficiency, however the dated look and lack of features worries me somewhat. What's the opinion of the forum out of this dilemma?
Old 13th March 2021, 23:33   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I have driven 11k km in 4 months now. My usage is 90 percent highways. When driven in 90-100 kmph, I am getting 20 kmpl fuel efficiency.
@ 90-100 kmph on highways, 20 kmpl is less than my expectation, when ARAI certifies 25 kmpl or so for this car. At this speed, ideally car should return FE close to ARAI figurers, if not more. Have your measured it on tankfull method? What is reading of MID in that driving condition? Was the car fully loaded with passengers & luggage?

Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 23:59   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Have your measured it on tankfull method? What is reading of MID in that driving condition? Was the car fully loaded with passengers & luggage?
I have been checking the fuel efficiency repeatedly now. 90-100 speeds returns 22 kmpl now. 100-110 speeds returns 21 kmpl. I measured it using tankful method. The MID showed ~1.5 kmpl more. Sometimes with 5 people and luggage, sometimes 3 people with less luggage.
Benoit is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 21:08   #103
BHPian

@Benoit what make are the tyres on your Altroz ?

I have been checking out the Altroz diesel for a company lease and I find the tyre size on the top variants a bit curious - 185/60 R16 , none of the Indian OEMs seem to have replacements in that size.

Should this be a matter of concern especially if no other car brand seems to offer this tyre size in any of their models?
indivic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 04:43   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
I have been checking out the Altroz diesel for a company lease and I find the tyre size on the top variants a bit curious - 185/60 R16 , none of the Indian OEMs seem to have replacements in that size.

Should this be a matter of concern especially if no other car brand seems to offer this tyre size in any of their models?
Interesting. I wonder if anyone thought carefully about this much. If it were me, I think I'd simply change to 195/55R16 when the time came for replacement. Wouldn't worry much.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 07:48   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Interesting. I wonder if anyone thought carefully about this much. If it were me, I think I'd simply change to 195/55R16 when the time came for replacement. Wouldn't worry much.
Or 195/60 R16 for that increase in ground clearance, Altroz having just 165mm in stock setup.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed