Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2022, 15:53   #1606

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil008 View Post
Hello Team!
I have booked Sonet HTX 7DCT over 6 months ago (an official waiting period then) and still seeing no signs of delivery. Any suggestions on should I hang in or just cancel the booking ?(Not that I have any alternatives in mind and honestly don't want to go on searching spree all over again). Your inputs would be appreciated, thanks in advance!
Guys, the dealership informed me on 25th June that the car is in dispatch PLAN (not sure what that is, if the vehicle is ready why not ship it directly: )
3 weeks on, dealership has not updated anything about the VIN, how to solve this deadlock, suggestions please
Old 15th July 2022, 21:18   #1607
BHPian

Dear Sonet Owners,

Recently I have purchased a pre-owned Kia Sonet GTX Plus T-GDI 7DCT for my wife in Delhi.

The Car is 1.5 years Old having 22.5K on odo and still under company warranty. Kia don’t want to entertain us till I show them the new RC. (Even after showing RTO online receipt of owner-ship transfer).

As per dealer (from whom I have purchased the car), the car was serviced few months back and 4K Kms before my purchase. But, as a BHpian I am not happy with the engine oil quality by it looks and feel.

Now, coming to my query, request your advice on what engine oil make/grade you are using for 7DCT 1.0 Ltr petrol engine? Manual stated engine oil grade is: 0W-30 AECA C2, nothing about the maker of the oil.
Online search indicates Shell Helix Ultra.

Appreciate your valued guidance, as I wish to replace the engine oil before RTO saga ends.

Brdgs
Sail.
Old 17th July 2022, 15:32   #1608
BHPian

Is anyone using a Dashcam in their Sonet? I am planning to getting one fixed and would like some recommendations.
Old 20th July 2022, 06:50   #1609
BANNED

Any KIA Sonet diesel automatic owners having taken their insurance from the dealer itself, could you please tell me which insurance company they are going with and are the premiums a whole lot higher than taken elsewhere.

Did the dealer tell you of any significant advantages of taking the insurance from their side?

Thank You
Old 20th July 2022, 07:38   #1610
Team-BHP Support

Need a small help .

A BHPian and a good friend wants to book a Sonet in Noida, preferably at a dealership closer to Sec - 45. Any leads with dealership and sales advisor would be of much help. Since, he is not put there, but shall arrive late this year, he has asked me to put this up.

Thanks.
Old 20th July 2022, 08:05   #1611
Senior - BHPian

Drove a brand new Kia Sonet petrol HTK+ with sunroof that has been purchased by a colleague just a week ago. It was just a 2-3km drive at night with minimal traffic. His car is new so I did not try to accelerate a bit hard and remained gentle with the throttle.

This was my first ever iMT (clutchless manual transmission) driving experience. Although I must say that clutchless gear changes are just as convenient as an AMT/ AGS in manual mode, the behaviour in first gear left me disappointed. The hesitancy to start moving from standstill is very much like what I experienced in AMT cars such as Kwid, Tiago and Kiger. For subsequent gear shifts, there was no noticiable lag in Sonet iMT though, which is better than AMT.

Even AMT has a manual mode that works exactly like this iMT (w.r.t. the initial hesitancy in starting from standstill, in first gear). The added benefit of AMT is the choice to leave gearshifts to the car (auto gear shifts).

I wonder why Hyundai chose the iMT over AMT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeeshaan007 View Post
Is anyone using a Dashcam in their Sonet? I am planning to getting one fixed and would like some recommendations.
Not in Sonet but I am using DDPAI Mola N3 in my car. I wanted to buy the DDPAI Mini 3 because of the presence of a snapshot button which can be useful in clicking interesting stuff on the highways but its storage is in built one and limited to 32GB. DDPAI cameras do not have a battery but use a capacitor. I am satisfied with its video quality.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 08:36   #1612
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I am planning to buy KIA SONET HTK+ IMT for my spouse. Can the existing IMT owners please share the mileage for IMT in city and highway traffic?
Also, what is the current waiting period?
I feel the KIA SONET HTK+ IMT is a good deal for the price (11.92 on road in bangalore )
Old 20th July 2022, 08:56   #1613
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
Also, what is the current waiting period?
I feel the KIA SONET HTK+ IMT is a good deal for the price (11.92 on road in bangalore )
The current waiting period is 3 months or so, but as far as I know my friend who is a sales manager in KIA said that they will be clearing a lot of their backlog before 30th September. So book yourself one right away. I don't know if it's the case or not, but maybe it has something to do with the 6 airbags mandate from October 1.
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 12:10   #1614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
Hi Folks,

I am planning to buy KIA SONET HTK+ IMT for my spouse. Can the existing IMT owners please share the mileage for IMT in city and highway traffic?
The best mileage I have got for my Sonet imt is around 14.3kmpl during my Trivandrum-Bangalore trip, calculated using the Drivvo app (tank full). But that was during the first 2k kilometers. Right now the car is at 4k and the mid shows around 10.4kmpl as overall average, most of it within city limits and 90% with AC on. The app says 10.8kmpl as overall average. So I would say the mileage figures are not so encouraging.

My car is yet to go for the second free check up and is at the 4th month of ownership.

The manual says, mileage improves around the 5k mark. So I would like to believe there is still some room for hope.
Stranger2106 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 12:22   #1615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeparvathy9 View Post
Any KIA Sonet diesel automatic owners having taken their insurance from the dealer itself, could you please tell me which insurance company they are going with and are the premiums a whole lot higher than taken elsewhere.

Did the dealer tell you of any significant advantages of taking the insurance from their side?

Thank You
I am not a diesel AT owner but imt. I have taken from the dealer and the insurance company was Bajaj allianz. Initially they had mentioned the providers were Reliance and ICICI. Since I had the NCB cover letter from Bajaj Allianz and these two providers were not ready to accept the cover letter, the dealership went in for Bajaj Allianz.
So I guess the dealership will have tie up with most of the providers, but they would prefer the ones giving them the highest margin.

There were indeed a couple of advantages for the insurance provided by the dealer. Some of the ones I recall are: free key replacement, rsa, engine protection etc.
Stranger2106 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 18:01   #1616
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger2106 View Post
I am not a diesel AT owner but imt. I have taken from the dealer and the insurance company was Bajaj allianz. Initially they had mentioned the providers were Reliance and ICICI. Since I had the NCB cover letter from Bajaj Allianz and these two providers were not ready to accept the cover letter, the dealership went in for Bajaj Allianz.
So I guess the dealership will have tie up with most of the providers, but they would prefer the ones giving them the highest margin.

There were indeed a couple of advantages for the insurance provided by the dealer. Some of the ones I recall are: free key replacement, rsa, engine protection etc.
thanks, but as i far as I know, KIA's insurance program "KIA SAFETY" is managed by SMC Insurance Broers Pvt Ltd. and their Program Insurance Companies are:
• Bajaj Allianz General Insurance co Ltd
• ICICI Lombard General Insurance Co Ltd
• Go Digit General Insurance Co Ltd
• New India Assurance Co Ltd
• Reliance General Insurance Co Ltd

So, I guess you got yours from one of them as well.

As far as I know, other insurers also provide free key replacement, RSA, engine protection etc.

By the way how much was the premium quoted?
Old 20th July 2022, 18:07   #1617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeparvathy9 View Post
thanks, but as i far as I know, KIA's insurance program "KIA SAFETY" is managed by SMC Insurance Broers Pvt Ltd. and their Program Insurance Companies are:
• Bajaj Allianz General Insurance co Ltd
• ICICI Lombard General Insurance Co Ltd
• Go Digit General Insurance Co Ltd
• New India Assurance Co Ltd
• Reliance General Insurance Co Ltd

So, I guess you got yours from one of them as well.

As far as I know, other insurers also provide free key replacement, RSA, engine protection etc.

By the way how much was the premium quoted?
Oh ok I didn't know there were so many insurers.
I was quoted 27 k for reliance, 25 k for icici initially and later 23 k for Bajaj Allianz. All this after considering my 45% NCB and mentioning that I have a quote from New India Assurance for 17k.
Mind you, the initial quote sas 42k.

But for the sonet diesel at, the premium would definitely be higher.
Old 20th July 2022, 20:03   #1618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail View Post
Dear Sonet Owners,

Recently I have purchased a pre-owned Kia Sonet GTX Plus T-GDI 7DCT for my wife in Delhi.

The Car is 1.5 years Old having 22.5K on odo and still under company warranty. Kia don’t want to entertain us till I show them the new RC. (Even after showing RTO online receipt of owner-ship transfer).

As per dealer (from whom I have purchased the car), the car was serviced few months back and 4K Kms before my purchase. But, as a BHpian I am not happy with the engine oil quality by it looks and feel.

Now, coming to my query, request your advice on what engine oil make/grade you are using for 7DCT 1.0 Ltr petrol engine? Manual stated engine oil grade is: 0W-30 AECA C2, nothing about the maker of the oil.
Online search indicates Shell Helix Ultra.

Appreciate your valued guidance, as I wish to replace the engine oil before RTO saga ends.

Brdgs
Sail.
May I know the dealership as I supply Oil to most of Kia service centre in Delhi NCR? I might help if you need some help in service. Recommended oil for your said model is Servo Superior 0W30 C2 and BPCL C2(Sorry I don't know it's full name). Kia OEM branded oil are not available for open market and lack small packing. Sadly no small pack for 0w30 is available with me.

Since you have petrol Sonet you can use SN Plus 0w20(recommended for manual version). I can arrange Hyundai SN plus for you(Hyundai and Kia use same engine and Oil but different branding) or you can use same oil in different brand like Ecstar 0w20 SN Plus(Maruti OEM Oil) which is readily available in market. Cost should be around Rs 1,300 to 1,500 for 3.5L bottle.

Don't feel shy,If you need any help with Kia workshop or regarding availability of Oil.
Rahul Yadav is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 12:45   #1619
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger2106 View Post
Oh ok I didn't know there were so many insurers.
I was quoted 27 k for reliance, 25 k for icici initially and later 23 k for Bajaj Allianz. All this after considering my 45% NCB and mentioning that I have a quote from New India Assurance for 17k.
Mind you, the initial quote sas 42k.

But for the sonet diesel at, the premium would definitely be higher.
The dealer quoted insurance price is Rs.45,801/- before considering my 35% NCB, I have got a quote from United India with all the covers like Zero Depreciation, engine protection cover, 24x7 RSA, Key and Lock cover, consumables, Invoice Price and Tyre Protector for Rs.29,899/- without considering my 35% NCB and Rs.25,441/- with consideration of the NCB.
Old 21st July 2022, 22:11   #1620
BHPian

Hi All,

I have noticed something that's little weird with my Diesel Manual GTX+ brake pedal.

Kia Sonet : Official Review-sonet-brakes1.jpg

There is this little metal thing below the pedal, can someone with the same model confirm if they have this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks