Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2022, 22:11   #1621
BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Hi All,

I have noticed something that's little weird with my Diesel Manual GTX+ brake pedal.

Kia Sonet : Official Review-sonet-brakes1.jpg

There is this little metal thing below the pedal, can someone with the same model confirm if they have this?
Old 22nd July 2022, 08:01   #1622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeparvathy9 View Post
The dealer quoted insurance price is Rs.45,801/- before considering my 35% NCB, I have got a quote from United India with all the covers like Zero Depreciation, engine protection cover, 24x7 RSA, Key and Lock cover, consumables, Invoice Price and Tyre Protector for Rs.29,899/- without considering my 35% NCB and Rs.25,441/- with consideration of the NCB.
I have both GTX+ diesel manual one month ago, after the increase of premium for TP.

Dealer quoted me below prices for KIA Safety Insurance.

Bazaz Allianz: 44700
New India : 36500

They provided the New India quote after me showing an external quote with same coverages at 30k. They couldn't decrease it any further, so i bought TATA AIG policy from my Agent for 31k.
vamship is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 08:39   #1623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeparvathy9 View Post
Any KIA Sonet diesel automatic owners having taken their insurance from the dealer itself, could you please tell me which insurance company they are going with and are the premiums a whole lot higher than taken elsewhere.

Did the dealer tell you of any significant advantages of taking the insurance from their side?

Thank You
GTX DAT owner here. Mine is Bajaj I believe. Paid 31k after 50% NCB
jasjotbains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 09:32   #1624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Yadav View Post
May I know the dealership as I supply Oil to most of Kia service centre in Delhi NCR?
Dear Rahul,

Thank you for your detailed information and sorry for the delayed reply.

First, I went to Allied Kia and asked them if I could obtain a fully synthetic oil as per the car manual, which I did with my Hyundai Grand i10 (I knew Hyundai had Shell HX8 in their portfolio of engine oils and my assumption for Kia was also the same). But they denied it and informed me that only company supplied oil to be used. They did not reveal any details or specification of the oil.

Then I spoke with Frontier Kia, who told me the same thing, but they also told me that they use Servo semi-synthetic oil. When I asked about the car manual's stating fully synthetic and why they are using semi-synthetic, a standard reply of "company instruction" was received.

I am doing some research and hunting, and found only Shell Helix Ultra ECT 0W-30 ACEA C2 is available in our market (Amazon, Flipkart, and local dealers), but it is an imported product and was manufactured in Nov 2019. No other oils are available in the same specification on the market for a common man like me.

Frankly speaking I have trust issues with car service centers, specially with engine oils. So, I always like to go ahead with best oil available as per car manual specification and fill it in-front of my eyes.

Brdgs,
Sail
Old 24th July 2022, 14:59   #1625
SJN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeeshaan007 View Post
Is anyone using a Dashcam in their Sonet? I am planning to getting one fixed and would like some recommendations.
I have recently got Y2 model from Safe Cams installed in my Sonet. It comes with hard wiring kit and 32GB card. Its quality is decent enough and works well.
SJN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 22:04   #1626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJN View Post
I have recently got Y2 model from Safe Cams installed in my Sonet. It comes with hard wiring kit and 32GB card. Its quality is decent enough and works well.
Installed by Kia service? And any issues for warranty?
Old 24th July 2022, 23:15   #1627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJN View Post
Could you please share the product link?
Old 25th July 2022, 17:51   #1628

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail View Post
Dear Rahul,

Frankly speaking I have trust issues with car service centers, specially with engine oils. So, I always like to go ahead with best oil available as per car manual specification and fill it in-front of my eyes.

Brdgs,
Sail
You are right, one can't trust service centers as most of them are looking to make quick buck.

I am assuming you are talking about Allied Kia Gurgaon and Frontier Kia Gurgaon. I have only good things to say about Allied Kia(Both Gurgaon and Noida Branch). I have no experience with Frontier Kia. Only dealership I would avoid would be Sparsh Kia.

All Kia grades are Fully Synthetic Grades. Frontier Kia was wrong to quote Semi- Synthetic Oil due to negligence or they are not using Kia recommended oil.

You may contact Parts Manager and he can guide you properly with help of service manual. You may contact Mr. Mahesh(Allied Kia, Gurgoan) for any guidance. Just make sure they take oil from Correct Barrel i.e Servo Superior EO 0W30 ACEA C2.

My advice- Either buy 0W20 SN Plus from reputable shop or trust following service center- Allied Kia(Gurgaon/Noida), Lohia Kia(Delhi/Noida), Jayanti Kia(Delhi, Faridabad).

Side Note: I am baffled by Kia recommending different standards for same Engine. Example- API SN Plus for Manual powertrain and ACEA C2 for Automatic powertrain of same engine.
Rahul Yadav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 18:36   #1629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Yadav View Post
You are right, one can't trust service centers as most of them are looking to make quick buck.
I am assuming you are talking about Allied Kia Gurgaon and Frontier Kia Gurgaon.
Dear Rahul,

Thank you for your kind words and guidance.

I will be heading for Allied Kia as it is close to my residence.
Sure, will have a chat with Mr. Mahesh to get all doubts cleared.

Recently I had a very bad experience with my Grand i10, as a result I am not keeping any loopholes open for service centers to play around.

Brdgs
Sail
Old 27th July 2022, 19:52   #1630
SJN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukanta73 View Post
Could you please share the product link?
You can refer their website https://www.safecams.in/ I got it from a local dealer. Note that the dashcam comes with a parking guard mode but I have not been able to turn it off through the app. So it stays on when I turn off the car and it may drain the battery if your car is not used daily.

There is a workaround that if I stop all recording through the app before switching off the car, then the dashcam powers off. Else, you can hard wire it in such a way that it turns on only when the car is started (but then there is no parking mode!).

However, the parking mode proved its worth during first servicing. I checked the video after servicing just to see what all is covered. To my surprise, the car underbody was never checked. They only checked the fluid levels in 2 mins and then washed it.

Last edited by SJN : 27th July 2022 at 19:55.
SJN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 16:37   #1631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamship View Post
Hi All,

I have noticed something that's little weird with my Diesel Manual GTX+ brake pedal.

Attachment 2337081

There is this little metal thing below the pedal, can someone with the same model confirm if they have this?
I was hoping to see if anyone can check if it's setup in the same way for their vehicle. I am worried, if the dealer had messed with it, as it looks like exposed welding.
Old 30th July 2022, 08:45   #1632
BHPian

I recently purchased a OnePlus Nord CE2 and I am facing weird issues while calling someone on Bluetooth while I'm driving my Sonet.

The call automatically gets disconnected and then reconnects again automatically. This cycle repeats 3-4 times but i believe the call is not disconnected at the other end.

Anyone has been facing this issue? It used to work perfectly fine with my Redmi phones. If it's of any help, the phone is on fast charging when I make the calls.

Any sort of advice will be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 30th July 2022, 10:54   #1633

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjotbains View Post
I recently purchased a OnePlus Nord CE2 and I am facing weird issues while calling someone on Bluetooth while I'm driving my Sonet.

The call automatically gets disconnected and then reconnects again automatically. This cycle repeats 3-4 times but i believe the call is not disconnected at the other end.

Anyone has been facing this issue? It used to work perfectly fine with my Redmi phones. If it's of any help, the phone is on fast charging when I make the calls.

Any sort of advice will be appreciated. Thanks!
I am using a samsung phone which is paired with my Sonet and automatically connects to the car every time. I have not faced any such issues till now.

Have you tried unpairing the phone and the re-pairing it with the music system of your car? If not, then please do try doing that once and also make sure that when you're trying to connect your phone to your car's system, no other phone's Bluetooth is turned on (if there is a second person in your car or in case you use 2 phones).

Secondly, I'm assuming that your current phone's OS is updated to the latest/most recent release by OnePlus. If not, then please do check for any patch updates that the company might've released and make sure that your phone's OS is up to date.

If the above does not help, I believe the next best thing for you would be to get the car checked at your dealership's workshop in case there is a software update available for your car's OS (since you haven't mentioned what year is the make of your Sonet).

Even if that does not help, you can try using a different phone (borrowed from a family member/friend for just testing) to try and repeat the exercise of calling while the phone's Bluetooth is connected as well as kept on fast charge. In fact, I'd suggest you do this before visiting the Kia workshop so that you can tell them that you have already tried all possibilities to fix the problem on your own. If the problem still persists with a different phone then there maybe a software issue with the your car's OS. If not, then I'm guessing it has something to do with your OnePlus phone's OS. Alternatively, you can also try to connect your phone to a different car's Bluetooth (separate brand and make possibly, if that option is available to you) and try doing the same, check and see whether the issue still persists. If yes, then in all probability it is something to do with the phone's Bluetooth version or the phone's OS itself (since OnePlus uses a heavily modified Android with their own Oxygen OS).

Hope this helps. Cheers.
saurabhricha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 18:18   #1634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamship View Post
I was hoping to see if anyone can check if it's setup in the same way for their vehicle. I am worried, if the dealer had messed with it, as it looks like exposed welding.
It is similar in HTX model too. See the pic taken from top and side.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Sonet : Official Review-screenshot_20220730181504_photos.jpg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-screenshot_20220730181508_photos.jpg  

Old 30th July 2022, 18:48   #1635
BANNED

To the Sonet Diesel AT owners out there, I am planning on purchasing the Kia Sonet Diesel AT with it being the only true automatic diesel SUV under my budget of 15 lakhs and the feeling that it will be truly worth it, I am only in favour of automatics (no AMT), I even considered the Sonet DCT too.

My family is a small one with just 4 members and all being on the shorter side under 165cm. We contemplated and looked at each and every SUV under 20 lakhs with an automatic transmission, from the Magnite/Kiger all the way to the Thar/Scorpio-N. Having test driven many of these as well. But the Sonet turned out to be the one that appealed to us all. We are not the best at cars, but it seemed good VFM with Diesel AT. What are your thoughts on the Sonet Diesel AT? How is it to drive? How is the maintenance cost? I am all ears.
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed