Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2022, 22:53   #1726

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Hi,

I am planning to upgrade from my manual grand i10 to one of sonets on offer. I was planning to go for iMT htx variant which is costing roughly 13.5 OTR Bangalore. However it doesn't have rear wiper whereas venue has that as well as traction control even in its base iMT.

Personally I like sonet better mostly due to its looks.

So question is to people using sonet without rearview mirror ... Can it be a deal breaker and should i look at Venue instead? I have budget constraint so can't go beyond the htx variant.

Alternatively i was also liking Kiger and magnite's top end cvt models. Its just cabin feels a bit non premium in both so tried the iMTs and liked them.

Advice please seniors

Thanks in advance. Apologies if this is a repeated question.
Old 22nd September 2022, 00:26   #1727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob_petrolhead View Post
Hi,

I am planning to upgrade from my manual grand i10 to one of sonets on offer. I was planning to go for iMT htx variant which is costing roughly 13.5 OTR Bangalore. However, it doesn't have rear wiper whereas venue has that as well as traction control even in its base iMT.

Personally, I like sonet better mostly due to its looks.
Rear wash/wipe + is a useful and essential feature, especially in hatchback style vehicles. Unfortunately, it is also one of the first feature to disappear on lower variants when they add the useless sunroof. If you had it on your previous car, then you will miss it if your new car doesn't have it.

the good thing is that you can add it later on, and in most cases it won't cost much. Some service centers will be willing to do the replacement for you, but there is one problem. Since it involves replacing the rear windscreen it will be seen as a replacement and will affect resale value if detected. It would be better to get it replaced from a good garage. You will also need to replace the associated switchgear, but in most cases, it will not require any cutting of wiring.

Or you could just coat the rear windshield in some expensive nano coating, which should prevent the glass from getting so dirty.
vivekgk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 11:29   #1728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiccross View Post
To those who own Petrol DCT:
How's the FE and do you have any regrets? Would you have opted for diesel, if you had a choice?
No regrets to DCT. My usage is less than 1000 kms a month, hence went for petrol. Great pick up excellent driveability.
Get 11kmpl in Pune traffic and around 14-16 kmpl on highway depending on the speed. If speed above 90 it starts dropping.
ArijitGupte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 11:34   #1729
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I am planning to upgrade from my manual grand i10 to one of sonets on offer.
I too upgraded from Manual Grand i10 to Sonet DCT.

Trust me the rear washer wiper on a hatchback or a SUV vehicle is a must especially on highways and, is very very useful in city traffic as well.
You never know who is tailgating you, helps in planning overtaking & stopping. Most importantly parallel parking in rains
It's like, once you used it, it's no going back.
ArijitGupte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 09:00   #1730

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Rear wash/wipe + is a useful and essential feature, especially in hatchback style vehicles. Unfortunately, it is also one of the first feature to disappear on lower variants when they add the useless sunroof. If you had it on your previous car, then you will miss it if your new car doesn't have it.
I asked the dealerships and they flatly declined about installing rear wiper. Or at least the sales team definitely declined. Checked at two different dealers. Is it really has to be a third party and Kia won't provide? This making me push more and more towards Venue iMT.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 23rd September 2022 at 09:02.
Old 23rd September 2022, 09:50   #1731
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I find the Kia Sonet Diesel AT to be a better buy against the Kia Sonet Petrol DCT owing to the tried and tested 1.5 litre diesel engine and Torque converter gearbox. If you are OK with Diesel its a fair buy as price differential ex-showroom is just Rs.60,000.

Last edited by bijims : 23rd September 2022 at 10:05. Reason: typo
bijims is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 09:54   #1732
BHPian

Quote:
This making me push more and more towards Venue iMT.
The Hyundai Venue IMT is a good alternative to the Kia Sonet IMT considering it is a recently refreshed model with quite a few upgrades. If you are alright with the design and features of the Venue, do check it out, you won't be disappointed. Moreover, Hyundai has a wider sales and service network too which is an added advantage.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 13:27   #1733

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Congrats on your ride!!

This car is best driven sub 100-110 kmph, anything above that feels a bit unnerving. The OEM MRF Wanderers make matters even worse.
In every thread related to Sonet / Venue stock MRF
Tyres, I’ve seen bad reviews only.

So I have booked a venue N-line which would be delivered in couple of weeks from now (early October)

Q1) What tyres are suitable for better driving and comfort? Would like to see some options and a little brief about pros and cons

Q2) is it possible to pay dealer some extra amount to have them swapped?
If not, what are generally tyre swapping options people go for? (Central bangalore/ Indiranagar area)
Old 23rd September 2022, 14:09   #1734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotcombubbled View Post
Q1) What tyres are suitable for better driving and comfort? Would like to see some options and a little brief about pros and cons

Q2) is it possible to pay dealer some extra amount to have them swapped?
If not, what are generally tyre swapping options people go for? (Central bangalore/ Indiranagar area)
1. You could look at options such as Michelins , Continental or Yokohama’s. Ofcourse, Michelins are hard to source and expensive too. Your 2nd best option is Continental.

2. Please don’t. If you’re swapping the OEM tyres, please get it done from outside. The dealer can only give you options between the MRF or the Apollo. Both aren’t worth it.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 23rd September 2022 at 14:13.
Old 24th September 2022, 02:02   #1735

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
1. You could look at options such as Michelins , Continental or Yokohama’s. Ofcourse, Michelins are hard to source and expensive too. Your 2nd best option is Continental.

2. Please don’t. If you’re swapping the OEM tyres, please get it done from outside. The dealer can only give you options between the MRF or the Apollo. Both aren’t worth it.
Sure, will go for Michelin or continental. Which variant do you/others reading this past recommend?
1) Comfort and some balance against stiffer suspension my N-Line Venue

2) stability
Old 24th September 2022, 18:18   #1736
BANNED

Ritz ZXI to Kia Sonet HTK Plus IMT

Hello Everyone,

I have been a member of the forum for last several years but till now was just a silent reader. After such a long time and overthinking trying my luck with the first thread. I have been an owner of Maruti Ritz ZXI for last 10 years and am pretty happy with the vehicle.

The only issue I faced with it ever was the ECM dying out of blue moon and kept me stranded outside a mall parking for few hours before the tow truck arrived. My knowledge is very limited but whatever it is right now, is because of this forum and the distinguished members of this forum who are always there to help the people with their knowledge.

I wanted to change the RITZ due to limited life left following govt. restrictions and therefore, started with the search for new vehicle. My budget was strictly upto 10 lakhs on road.

1. Maruti Brezza (Old Model): The test drive vehicle was not available but there was a display car. The sales guy explained us briefly about the features of the car. But the interiors looked really cheap and did not seem to be of car worth 10 lakhs. The family rejected the car downright. The new model came and it was out of my pocket.

2. Nissan Magnite : The car looked good and within the budget too. I did not feel comfortable during the test drive as the cabin felt smaller than my Ritz too. The Engine have a peculiar sound of phad phad when I pressed the pedal and the sound could be heard in the cabin also. I felt I was downgrading and not upgrading myself with the car. I have a hard foot and enjoy driving my current vehicle. Anyways, the Magnite was okay since they are giving everything that no other company is giving in such budget.

3. Tata Nexon : I had very high expectations from Nexon, and it still may be the safest car around, but while entering the driver side, I banged my head on the curve and soon recalled a review in which they had mentioned this issue. The car I test drove was showing about 31000 kms at ODO but I could easily hear the engine sound in the cabin. I did not like the feeling of driving it either and the interiors are just ok.

4. Venue (New Model) : I loved the car, but again it was coming to 12.50 lakhs on road and it was a bit of stretch for me.

5. Kia Sonet : The car looked good, stood out well, very good interiors and loved while driving it. Family also loved it. Alot of people told me that 3 people can't fit in the back seat. To ensure that it was not a challenge for me, I test drove it again with 3 adults and one kid of about 11 years of age and they felt ok with the experience. Now came the decision of which model to book, we had initially thought to go with non IMT model since it was for 10.50 lakhs on road, but after push from wifey went for HTK plus IMT Turbo Engine model. On road with extended warranty and using 50% of my car no claim along with sum accessories for about Rs 4500 comes to 11.16 lakhs. The car had a waiting period of 24 to 28 week, booked in July 2022 and got the car alloted 4 days back, did PDI today, everything looked okay. Car had an ODO reading of 16 kms. I will make the final payment on first Navratre. Now I have some questions :

1. Does taking Kia Convenience package for Rs. 26000 make sense ?
2. Though this has been discussed multiple times, Antirust coating, silence quoting etc. Do I need to take this ?
3. Anything that I need to take care during delivery ?
4. The side stepper had a cost of Rs. 15000 from Kia, looks high to me and therefore I decided to get it after market ? Any thoughts on it.

Thanks
del.guy22 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 06:16   #1737
BHPian

Re: Ritz ZXI to Kia Sonet HTK Plus IMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by del.guy22 View Post
went for HTK plus IMT Turbo Engine model. On road with extended warranty and using 50% of my car no claim along with sum accessories for about Rs 4500 comes to 11.16 lakhs.

1. Does taking Kia Convenience package for Rs. 26000 make sense ?
2. Though this has been discussed multiple times, Antirust coating, silence quoting etc. Do I need to take this ?
3. Anything that I need to take care during delivery ?
4. The side stepper had a cost of Rs. 15000 from Kia, looks high to me and therefore I decided to get it after market ? Any thoughts on it.

Thanks
You could save a few bucks by getting the insurance yourself. The insurance amounts from Kia are usually highly inflated. You could get a similar cover with Zero Depreciation, Engine Protection Cover, Return to Invoice Price
Consumables Cover, Key & Lock Replacement, Tyre Protector,24x7 Roadside Assistance, Owner Driver PA Cover for Rs.22,287 from United India Insurance or even better deals from other insurers.

The Kia My Convenience package for 5 years/ 50,000 km for the Kia Sonet HTK Plus IMT costs Rs.25,199/- and is an excellent option. I recommend you to go for it.

If your driving is less, then you can change your extended warranty pack from 5 years/ Unlimited km which costs Rs.19,771 to 5 years/1,20,000 km which costs Rs 15,817.

All together you could save at least Rs.14,000 (Rs.10,000 for Insurance and Rs. 4,000 for extended warranty) if you are willing to take insurance yourself and by choosing 1,20,000 km extended warranty.

I think If you are taking the My convenience package, you do get a complementary AC Care/ Hygiene Care/ Fresh Care/ Preventive Care. Out of which the preventive care does include under body coating (anti-rust) free of charge.

Accessories can be easily purchased outside, so you may skip Kia accessories like side step, mats etc.
Old 25th September 2022, 09:03   #1738
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post

The Kia My Convenience package for 5 years/ 50,000 km for the Kia Sonet HTK Plus IMT costs Rs.25,199/- and is an excellent option. I recommend you to go for it.

If your driving is less, then you can change your extended warranty pack from 5 years/ Unlimited km which costs Rs.19,771 to 5 years/1,20,000 km which costs Rs 15,817.

Accessories can be easily purchased outside, so you may skip Kia accessories like side step, mats etc.
I have opted for limited warranty of 1,20,000 km and the dealer says he does not has Kia convenience package but the wervice centrw advisor says he can get ir done. Not sure why dealer is not offering it. I have a background of insurance industry and therefore, squeezed tgem hard for insurance rates.

Accessories will be taken from outside. Only some chrome fittings from dealer. Any idea what all accessories do I need to take ?
Old 25th September 2022, 09:45   #1739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by del.guy22 View Post
I have opted for limited warranty of 1,20,000 km and the dealer says he does not has Kia convenience package but the wervice centrw advisor says he can get ir done. Not sure why dealer is not offering it. I have a background of insurance industry and therefore, squeezed tgem hard for insurance rates.

Accessories will be taken from outside. Only some chrome fittings from dealer. Any idea what all accessories do I need to take ?
The salesmen at the dealerships are still quite unaware of the Convenience package, however, it is better to get it done. As regards accessories, go for only those which you feel are essential, chrome accessories can be fit from the dealer side.

In my friend's case who bought a Kia Sonet HTX Diesel AT, the only accessories he went for were:
1. Mud Flaps costing Rs.489
2. ORVM Chrome: Rs.799

He bought cabin mats and boot mat from outside too.

Kia quoted basic accessory kit worth around Rs.20,000 includes the following items :
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Sonet : Official Review-kia-accessories.jpeg  

Old 26th September 2022, 11:56   #1740

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
So looks like I got duped with the package that I bought! The assumption made was that the bill for 1st service will be north of 3K. But was wheel alignment and balancing included in 2532 for you? Highly doubt it!
For alignment go to Madhus! SC are usually bad with the job, I have my SA who usually does a good job in keeping me informed but they are generally bad in issue resolution. These 2 issues have been persistent from day 1
1) still have windows vibrate when music is a little loud.
2) The head unit hangs with apple car play.

I have the Same issue with apple car play. Has anyone been able to find a fix for this ? The SA in the last service did a reset and worked for like two days. The screen hang keeps happening with the message that phone is not responding.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 26th September 2022 at 13:05. Reason: Broken quote tags

Most Viewed